16:00 Falkirk - Dunfermline Athletic 2.20 - 3.50 - 4.00
16:00 Aberdeen FC - Inverness Cal. Thisle 1.90 - 3.70 - 5.00
16:00 Saint Mirren - Motherwell FC 2.50 - 3.40 - 2.85
Sunday
Heart of Midlothian - Celtic Glasgow 3.30 - 3.50 - 2.40

Odds are best found in net.

Michael_Dub
03-08-06, 21:41
Did Celtic bring a full team to japan for there match? If so odds on Hearts look tempting. Any know the team news?

beefhole
03-08-06, 21:59
Did Celtic bring a full team to japan for there match? If so odds on Hearts look tempting. Any know the team news?
i know for Stilian Petrov stay in scotland.......

Valverde
04-08-06, 08:44
YOKOHAMA F MARINOS (3-5-2) Tetsuya Enomoto; Kurihara, Matsuda (Nakanishi 46), Nasu; Tanaka, Kawai (Ueno 46), Oku (Kano 79), Hirano (Komiyama 69), Yamase (Sakata 56); Oshima, Shimizu (Shiokawa 78).
Subs: Tatsuya Enomoto, Magrao, Yoshida.
CELTIC (4-4-2) Marshall (McGovern 46); Lawson, Varga (O’Dea 63), Virgo, Camara; Nakamura (Quinn 65), Lennon, Sno, Thompson; McGeady (Bjarnason 72), Riordan.
Subs: Miller.

blaudio
04-08-06, 19:34
As nobody has done a preview, I am making one, hoping to be helpful.

Rangers - Dundee United
As expected, Rangers made a good start against Motherwell and no doubt they will beat easily poor Dundee United. United has huge problems right now, especially because the owner of the club is interferring too much in the coach's job. The quality of the team is poor, and Brewster cannot invent any magic, so it was no surprise the last week's loss at home, against Falkirk.
Verdict: Home win, Over 2,5

Aberdeen - Inverness CT
Aberdeen took a good draw away, against Hibernian, last week, but the style of play was not wonderful and coach Jimmy Calderwood was not satisfied. Now Calderwood wants a win from his players, especially to leave behind last season, when Aberdeen was pretty poor at home. Aberdeen will host Inverness, a team which has lost only 3 times in the last 19 months, and it will be an interesting game, because Inverness has never won against Aberdeen.
Verdict: Aberdeen 1 (X), Under 2,5

Kilmarnock - Hibernian
Kilmarnock lost against Celtic, but that was not a surprize. Now Kilmarnock host Hibernian, a team which dew last week with Hibernian, playing nicely and creating many chances. Kilmarnock still misses 3 players, Gary Locke, Simon Ford and Alan Combe, whereas Hibernian will welcome back Ivan Sproule, David Murphy and goalkeeper Zbigniew Malkowski, all coming back after suspension. Tough match to predict, between 2 equal teams, so I prefer Under.
Verdict: Under 2,5

St.Mirren - Motherwell
St.Mirren was wonderful last week, winning against Inverness awa from home. Coach Gus McPherson will field the same 11 players of last match. On the other hand, Motherwell will miss again defender Brian McLean, injured. I believe St.Miren took much more than expected against Invernes, now Motherwell must stop them.
Verdict: X2, under 2,5

Falkirk - Dunfermline
Falkirk won deservedly last week, against Dundee United, and now has a great chance to go top table, hosting poor Dunfermline. Dunfermilne will miss Noel Whelan, Scott Thomson, Daren Young, Greg Ross and Jim McIntyre, whereas Andy Todd will miss through suspension. Too many absencies for Dunfermline, so I have to pick Falkirk here.
Verdict: Home win

GL!

mac_vladan
04-08-06, 23:28
Yes, Rangers won the first match but it was 1:1 at one moment and Rangers did not look so good, in my opinion.
Last year they wasn't good like the other years and I see them after Celtics and Hearts.
I think that 1.16 - 1.18 is not a value, even that it is a good value to lay Rangers on exchange sites...
So, I layed rangers at 1.18 on Betfair.
Good luck!

betmania
05-08-06, 07:18
Yes, Rangers won the first match but it was 1:1 at one moment and Rangers did not look so good, in my opinion.

Did you watch the match ? How did they play ?

TEDDIE21
05-08-06, 07:42
Rangers - Dundee United
As expected, Rangers made a good start against Motherwell and no doubt they will beat easily poor Dundee United. United has huge problems right now, especially because the owner of the club is interferring too much in the coach's job. The quality of the team is poor, and Brewster cannot invent any magic, so it was no surprise the last week's loss at home, against Falkirk.

I don't agree Dundee is poor,in fact I think they can put serious problems at Glasgow against Rangers that languished compared to previous seasons.Of course they are the favourites but the value lays on visitors here.
I am interested to see whether Rangers will play like in previous game using a 4-5-1 system.
By time the odds backing Dundee are expected to increase so the value will be even greater.+2 for 1.75 in Fonbet sounds pretty well but we should better wait for some other offers.

blaudio
05-08-06, 08:06
Rangers are not the ugly team of the last season. Apart form the new players, the difference is made by Paul Le Guen. New spirit, new schemes and much more ambition, considering that Glasgow will not play in Champions League.
Rangers won only 2-1 against Motherwell, but should have won 5-1, if you have seen the match. It's just the start of season, and Rangers will only improve...
Regarding Dundee United, they have huge problems, not only with the playing style, but especially with relationship among all parts in the club. In this situation, I expect Dundee to relegate...
Anyway, you are free to take your decisions, I just gave my opinions...

TEDDIE21
05-08-06, 10:16
+2 on Dundee is 1.92 in Expekt now :D

ekas
05-08-06, 10:30
I'm a well-known SPL predictor and writer in Turkey..(Pls check this link http://www.superspor.com/detail.php?Type=24&yazar=26&go=2214 ) And i believe and i strongly believe Dundee United have a great chance against Glasgow Rangers. and last week first goal of Rangers that scored by Sionko was clearly off-side and after Motherwell goal,Rangers has no idea about how they can score.All in all Brewster's only absentee is left-back and midweek Brann Berger's substitute left-back signed.It will make different effect on team.Dundee will NOT a big surprise

Mr. T
05-08-06, 10:51
I'm a well-known SPL predictor and writer in Turkey..(Pls check this link http://www.superspor.com/detail.php?Type=24&yazar=26&go=2214 ) And i believe and i strongly believe Dundee United have a great chance against Glasgow Rangers. and last week first goal of Rangers that scored by Sionko was clearly off-side and after Motherwell goal,Rangers has no idea about how they can score.All in all Brewster's only absentee is left-back and midweek Brann Berger's substitute left-back signed.It will make different effect on team.Dundee will NOT a big surprise

Too bad I don't undertstand Turkish. :roll:

But I usually bet on lower leagues in Scotland, and I ve seen you've made some predictions for those matches also.

From all of these possible winners Dundee, Gretna, Stirling Albion, Cowdenbeath, Elgin and Arbroath, which is better to be played in a double?
Thanks.

the_second_artist
05-08-06, 11:10

Rangers - Dundee United

Aberdeen - Inverness CT
Aberdeen took a good draw away, against Hibernian, last week, but the style of play was not wonderful and coach Jimmy Calderwood was not satisfied. Now Calderwood wants a win from his players, especially to leave behind last season, when Aberdeen was pretty poor at home. Aberdeen will host Inverness, a team which has lost only 3 times in the last 19 months, and it will be an interesting game, because Inverness has never won against Aberdeen.

Kilmarnock - Hibernian
Kilmarnock lost against Celtic, but that was not a surprize. Now Kilmarnock host Hibernian, a team which dew last week with Hibernian, playing nicely and creating many chances. Kilmarnock still misses 3 players, Gary Locke, Simon Ford and Alan Combe, whereas Hibernian will welcome back Ivan Sproule, David Murphy and goalkeeper Zbigniew Malkowski, all coming back after suspension. Tough match to predict, between 2 equal teams, so I prefer Under.

St.Mirren - Motherwell
St.Mirren was wonderful last week, winning against Inverness awa from home. Coach Gus McPherson will field the same 11 players of last match. On the other hand, Motherwell will miss again defender Brian McLean, injured. I believe St.Miren took much more than expected against Invernes, now Motherwell must stop them.

Falkirk - Dunfermline
Falkirk won deservedly last week, against Dundee United, and now has a great chance to go top table, hosting poor Dunfermline. Dunfermilne will miss Noel Whelan, Scott Thomson, Daren Young, Greg Ross and Jim McIntyre, whereas Andy Todd will miss through suspension. Too many absencies for Dunfermline, so I have to pick Falkirk here.

GL!

Falkirk at 2.00, Hibernian at 2.60 and Motherwell at 2.62 seem pretty good value for a combo... Any further ideas from Scottish tipsters, thanks

Cheers

tennispicks
05-08-06, 11:21

Rangers - Dundee United

Aberdeen - Inverness CT

Kilmarnock - Hibernian

St.Mirren - Motherwell

Falkirk - Dunfermline

GL!

thanks for the great preview. will be watching the hearts vs celtic match for sure

Dubnobass
05-08-06, 13:11
Falkirk - Dunfermline

GL!

To be honest only 2 of these players played for Dunfermline in last weeks home defeat against Hearts and one of them was Whelan who was injured after 5 minutes and replaced by the other Todd. They put up a spirited performance against Hearts and I'll expect them to do the same at Falkirk this afternoon in what is a local derby. Looking at the H2H Falkirk have not beaten Dunfermline in their last 4 visits (2wins for the visitors) and the draw looks the most likely option in this match.

As well you shouldn't read too much into this but referee Craig Thomson will be in charge of this SPL match. His record with Dunfermline in the only four matches in charge of Pars games last season, Dunfermline won 4-3 at Kilmarnock, drew 3-3 with Rangers on Boxing Day, won 1-0 at both Livingston and Dundee Utd.

GL with whatever you choose.

milners
05-08-06, 13:44
sorry about the lack of selections on here but i've not had time. Aberdeen was a game i wasn't interested as i thought 1.8 was about right but 2.2 on betfair is not right and although this will be a tough game for Aberdeen i expect a win or a draw and i feel we are much better than them although they are good defensively hence the good away record last season. i'm going with value at 2.2 - 5pts on the mighty dons

TEDDIE21
05-08-06, 13:58
Glasgow Rangers FC - Dundee United FC

Pick: Dundee United FC(+2) Odds: 1.99
Bookmaker: Expekt

Short preview as not much time remained till the kick-off!I waited till now hoping to catch the best odds and in fact I did.
Glasgow Rangers faces at home Dundee United in their second game of the new season.In the first game they managed to win on the road at Motherwell in a game that wasn't very easy.
The main reason of the bet is the weakened Rangers squad compared to previous seasons being priced the same.Despite having a new coach-Paul Le Guen-I strongly believe they could face problems today against dangerous and not so weak as it seems Dundee.
The home side will miss important middlefier Barry Ferguson.
Despite having better players their 4-5-1 system(as in the first game at least) is expected to lessen their attacking power.
Le Guen declared:"It is an opportunity to get three points but I know the game will be a difficult one".``They need points, too, and I know it will be hard.''
IMO there is a lot of value backing Dundee United not to lose by more than 3 goals and money back if they lose by exactly 2 goals.
It can easily turn into a first big surprise of the season.

theicon
05-08-06, 14:14
well barry ferguson might make their attack weak but kris boyd is back and we all know how many goals he scored last year (he would have tooken some of those chances last week V motherwell

Rangers to win 2-0 or 3-0 but well win 4 me

IX_Bender
05-08-06, 14:22
this will be a tough game for Aberdeen i expect a win or a draw and i feel we are much better than them although they are good defensively hence the good away record last season. i'm going with value at 2.2 - 5pts on the mighty dons

Always look for your opinions here. As you say, if this will be a tough game where one expects a win or draw then why not take the draw @ 3.25 over 2.2? My play is already on the draw line and 1-1 sounds about right. My percentages are in favor of Aberdeen winning but at those prices my bet is on draw.

GL

Silvio
05-08-06, 14:38
Ferguson is out but still Prso is there and two reinforcements from Austria Vienna: Sebo, Sionko. Match at Motherwell had two different halfimes, this is what Motherwell manager Maurice Malpas said after match:

"Being honest, it could have been three or four against us in the first 20 minutes.
"We rode our luck, but in the second half it was a different ball game. We caused them more problems than they caused us.

"We were going for three points. We're always going to be a positive team."

So something similar can happen here, Rangers will start strong and if they manage to score early Dundee Utd might fall apart. But if they manage to resist long, even Rangers win can come in question. Dangerous game to bet on. Anyway, what's interesting is that "positive team" stuff from Malpas. I might put penny or two on over in Motherwell's next matches. If that "positive" means what I mean: offensive.

horik
05-08-06, 20:31
hearts-celtic.in the early week celtic had a friendly in asia but i understand that they played with the b-squad.they were thinking at the sunday match.does anyone has infos about suspensions and injuries in both sides?

Paradygmat
05-08-06, 21:20
Hearts vs. Celtic

Hearts missings:
(questionable) -> E. Jankauskas, P. Hartley

Celtic missings:
(sure) -> D. Balde, S. Maloney, C. Beattie,
(questionable) -> K. Miller, S. Nakamura, S. Pearson, P. Telfer

tennispicks
05-08-06, 21:24
Hearts vs. Celtic

Hearts missings:
(questionable) -> E. Jankauskas, P. Hartley

Celtic missings:
(sure) -> D. Balde, S. Maloney, C. Beattie,
(questionable) -> K. Miller, S. Nakamura, S. Pearson, P. Telfer

thanks for the info. hope miller and nakamura are able to play against hearts... if they are playing, taking celtic is a very good bet

milners
06-08-06, 02:47
this will be a tough game for Aberdeen i expect a win or a draw and i feel we are much better than them although they are good defensively hence the good away record last season. i'm going with value at 2.2 - 5pts on the mighty dons

Always look for your opinions here. As you say, if this will be a tough game where one expects a win or draw then why not take the draw @ 3.25 over 2.2? My play is already on the draw line and 1-1 sounds about right. My percentages are in favor of Aberdeen winning but at those prices my bet is on draw.

GL

Fair enough i look at value and price the game up at 1.8 yet when i seen 2.2 and although i thought it was good value which is basically most of my bets.

Yes i thought there was a good chance the game will be a draw but i thought we would play better than we did today - never mind i made a slight loss today with the highland league helping me out big time. Nice to see Beanie pick a 10pts bet which was spot on from the highland league.

tennispicks
06-08-06, 02:54
anyone thinks of taking hearts match over 2.5?

Remarque
06-08-06, 07:17
I remarqued that you ,guys understimate 2nd division winners.Now they are on the top...

milners
06-08-06, 10:38
anyone thinks of taking hearts match over 2.5?

not getting involved in overs/unders for me - i don't know how this game is going to go either. I think Hearts have been poor in the games i've watched and heard and its a massive miss that Hartley is out. Celtic in the other hand have not been impressive either and basically taken half their first team to japan and got back on friday so i think i won't get involved in this game.