PDA

View Full Version : MLB/MiLB 03.08

freebet123
03-08-06, 07:33
Good morning, time to start another day. I think today will be a big day...

I don't have much in mind now.... A few games to talk:

-Detroit -1 (handicap) (not bad to start)

-Detroit vs. TB OVER 10.5 (or 10) (I believe in this one)

-NY Mets vs. FLO OVER 8 (even though, Martinez and Willis are pitching, but they're running bad recently, worth to try for strong offense team)

- TEX vs. LAA, favour Weaver is not a bad deal (this game may run UNDER, good enough to try, but I hate UNDER :twisted: )

-PHI vs. STL OVER 10, what a game, might run OVER well with confidence.

These games will be playing at NIGHT TIME. I actually need your help about those DAY GAMES....

Keep posting any infos that you consider helpful :idea: :idea:

Satyr
03-08-06, 12:06
freebet123 and others, can you work a bit on your writeups? Give more reasoning, insight why you're taking a bet.

Surely you don't think "I believe in this one" or "what a game" are good enough arguments to post a play? Please edit your post. There are hundreds of forums where such stuff is welcome, Bettingadvice isn't one of them.

Also I would like to plead that all of you refrain yourselves from posting questions like "what about San Francisco tonight?!??!?!" because it would need a person that the question is intended for to cap the game just to give you the call.

So try to GIVE more than you ask. We're happy to have a discussion here, but let me tell you we'll rather have 3 posts here than a crappy discussion.

Just for information, this topic will be moderated today.

GL everyone.

Brent
03-08-06, 12:51
MLB

New York Yankees (Lidle) vs Toronto Blue Jays (Marcum) over 11 runs 2.01 at Pinnacle

This is only the fourth start for Marcum this season. Marcum has not pitched more than five innings in any of his starts. Marcum gave up seven hits and three runs in five innings pitched against the Yankees back on July 23rd. Even after scoring just three runs over their last two games, Toronto still has the best team batting average in the American League at .292. This will be the first start for Lidle with the Yankees. The long ball continues to be a problem for Lidle as he has given up 19 home runs in 125 innings pitched. Lidle might not like the short right-field wall at Yankee Stadium.

don_vito
03-08-06, 13:32
NYM: Martinez (8-4, 3.59)
FLA: Willis (6-8, 4.27)

OVER 8 @ 1.97 Gamebookers

Willis gave up 40 er. in 60 ip. with 5 home runs at home, in last 3 starts ERA is 8.40, one bad thing is that he knows how to play with mets as he gave them only 7 er. in 5 games since 2005

Martinez is a great pitcher but in his last 3 games he gave 12 er. in 15 ip.
Mets are hitting .326 against lefties in last 10 games .Florida is also hitting well as they hit .293

If pitchers will continue their slump this game should go over :D

don_vito
03-08-06, 13:57
PHI: Hamels (3-5, 5.71)
STL: Marquis (12-8, 5.67)

OVER 10 @ 1.97 Gamebookers

Hemels away ERA 5.23 and 11 home runs overal 6 of those in last 3 games

Marquis home ERA 6.02 in last 3 8.10 .He gave up 25 home runs 18 in home

8 home runs in last 2 games

I think that st.louis bats are waking up, they got some problems with bullpen and this should give the runs

freebet123
03-08-06, 14:39
freebet123 and others, can you work a bit on your writeups? Give more reasoning, insight why you're taking a bet.

:D :D Satyr, of course I will give some infos on what I choose... When I open the topic at the end of the day (just for ppl to discuss), I don't have enough infos and time for the writeups yet, but I'm going to do that later during the day (if you check recent topics, you'll see. I hate saying something without thinking. I'm trying my best in this forum with the hope of helping each others and learn something from you guys also)... I understand what you meant, Satyr. Thank you for saying that, indeed. :P :P

godspicks
03-08-06, 15:54
Thursday, August 03, 2006

MLB
METS (MARTINEZ -143) Florida (Willis)

The Mets are 5-1 their last six. Florida is 2-4 their last six. Dontrelle Willisí rough year continues as his last three starts his ERA is 8.40 with a 2.133 WHIP. Pete Martinez has a .973 WHIP in nine starts to the Marlins. The Mets are hitting .301 in their last 10 games including .326 to lefties. Florida is 1-10 in Willisí last 11 games as a dog. Willis is simply not having a good year and we will fade him again.

Satyr
03-08-06, 15:57
Yes I see what you mean. I haven't noticed that you opened the topic last night. And I've checked your stuff, the post you wrote for SEA v BAL game is very good, that's all we need. Doesn't have to be a novel, just state why you're picking a game, and let it be an intelligent, well thought out reason (like you did for that game, nevermind the outcome now), not just "Red Sox are better than ____ they should win?!?"

So it's good, yes. Don't take my upper post personally, I wasn't aiming at you there (despite thefact that I mentioned you, but only as a refferal to your post in this thread), but yesterday there were some posts like "what about this game?" and those aren't useful I'm afraid.

If everyone would contribute we would have a hell of a discussion here. But people are better off with just one line predictions, saying what they're betting. If moderators wouldn't make sure to prohibit that we would very soon see the doom of this board.

Anyways, keep up the good work, I hope you'll elaborate your plays furtherly and update us which plays you pulled the trigger on.

Cheers.

Lee
03-08-06, 16:01
PHI: Hamels (3-5, 5.71)
STL: Marquis (12-8, 5.67)

OVER 10 @ 1.97 Gamebookers

Hemels away ERA 5.23 and 11 home runs overal 6 of those in last 3 games

Marquis home ERA 6.02 in last 3 8.10 .He gave up 25 home runs 18 in home

8 home runs in last 2 games

I think that st.louis bats are waking up, they got some problems with bullpen and this should give the runs

I think that it is finaly come a day that St.Louis win after 6 lost (I think it is 6), and with Marquis will be that easier. :) and sometime must that serious stop. Now or never. I will put some money on StLouis today.

xldlktyk
03-08-06, 16:04
Satyr
: i am a super noob+new for mlb..i am following it and learning it..i really dont have much information and mlb history knowledge is hard for me to wrtie alot like a essay or many words.. but i still have some kind of feelings and questions.. so plz give me sometime to geather more experience about mlb..then i can write something more intellgent..plz give me sometime..

Satyr
03-08-06, 16:14
Satyr
: i am a super noob+new for mlb..i am following it and learning it..i really dont have much information and mlb history knowledge is hard for me to wrtie alot like a essay or many words.. but i still have some kind of feelings and questions.. so plz give me sometime to geather more experience about mlb..then i can write something more intellgent..plz give me sometime..

First of, if you are SUPER NOOB then you shouldn't be betting on MLB. I followed the bases for a year before I even started thinking about betting on it. Nothing happens overnight my friend.

Sorry, but you can learn without asking someone to cap a game for you then post the results here.

Why would you ask someone for one particular game if you admit yourself that you know little about the sport. Brent will post his plays here, why not simply going with his picks then?

This way of posting won't be encouraged, "what do you think about LA Angels - Texas". As you said yourself, you don't know much about the sport. But something made you ask yourself (and others) about that UNDER (why not over?)

So you CAN post, but write WHY you are asking for an under bet here, elaborate, provide NUMBERS, STATS OR THOUGHTS why you think that bet woudl be good, why are you interested. As time goes by you will learn more of course, but your current way of posting isn't going to be encouraged.

We are here to mantain a quality discussion about the sport, not to have our tipsters and members questioned about every game on the card.

I hope you understand. Cheers.

Brent
03-08-06, 16:38
MLB

Pittsburgh Pirates (Chacon) vs Atlanta Braves (Hudson)

Atlanta team total over 5.5 runs 2.04 at Pinnacle

Pittsburgh starting pitcher Chacon has not started a game since July 6th. Chacon has a 12.66 ERA in his last 10 innings pitched which was out of the bullpen for the Yankees. Left-handed batters are hitting .305 and right-handed batters are hitting .295 against Chacon this season.

Atlanta Pittsburgh
Pos Player HR RBI AVG Pos Player HR RBI AVG
3B Aybar, Willy 3 24 .262 CF Duffy, Chris 0 4 .187
2B Giles, Marcus 7 37 .259 RF Bautista, Jose 12 30 .263
SS Renteria, Edgar 11 45 .315 SS Sanchez, Freddy 5 58 .347
CF Jones, Andruw 25 91 .269 LF Bay, Jason 24 77 .291
C McCann, Brian 12 47 .338 3B Randa, Joe 2 21 .287
RF Francoeur, Jeff 20 74 .260 1B Nady, Xavier 14 40 .261
1B Thorman, Scott 4 10 .250 2B Castillo, Jose 12 50 .270
LF Langerhans, Ryan 6 21 .246 C Cota, Humberto 0 4 .202
P Hudson, Tim (8-9, 5.25) P Chacon, Shawn (0-0, 0.00)

[fin]juuso
03-08-06, 19:22
This one starting in 1 hour. Adding something later.

Houston Astros @ San Diego Padres

Under 8.5 @ 1.99 (Mansion) 5 units

HOU: RHP Matt Albers (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

SD: RHP Clay Hensley (6-8, 4.46)

San Diego's hitting has been on a slump the past 5 games. They have scored only 7 combined runs in L5, and only 1 run in first 2 games of this home series and Houston is a team with weak batting lineup, that rarely scores much outside their very hitter friendly home park. Both starters are also likely to throw good games here. Astros Rookie Mat Albers has some monster numbers in minors this season and he just recently threw 5 innings of relief againstt Cincinnati, giving up no runs on 2 hits, walking 3 and striking out 4. Clay Hensley has given up exactly 2 earned runs in each of his last 3 starts which all were very decent and he has been quite effective at home the whole season. Both teams have good bullpens and Petco is a pitchers park, which should help this bet.

[fin]juuso
03-08-06, 20:07
Odds on under started diving. Was 1.952 less than hour ago at Pinnacle, now 1.87. Still 1.92 available at Mansion. Ofcourse doesn't mean anything, but there's some reverse line movement here as public consensus numbers in several sites shows much more people on over.

freebet123
03-08-06, 20:37
Detroit @ Tampa Bay

DET: N. Robertson (10-6, 3.87)
TB: J. Seo (1-5, 5.94)

We all know how strong Det's offense is and TB's hitters are doing well at this time (even though they lost). The last 3 of both pitchers encourage me to take OVER 10 (for safety) on this game the Lefty Robertson allowed 23 hits in 19 innings with ERA 6.86; Righty Seo of TB pitched even worse, he allowed 28 hits in 16 innings with ERA 9.92....

Otherwise, Seo allowed many flied balls, this is a great chance for good batters of Detroit hit home runs...

Last 10 games, hitting average of DET vs. righties is .342 (which is huge), hitting average of TB vs. lefties is good also .287.

Most of the games of 2 teams recently have gone OVER as well.

:arrow: Take strong offense team Detroit -1 (handicap)
:arrow: Good to go OVER 10 (buy .5 point for safety)

P.S. comments, pls

AK47
03-08-06, 20:51
LOS ANGELES DODGERS (MADDUX) @1.98 vs Cincinnati Reds (Milton).

Going for a sweep here. Maddux is improving his game of late, pitching deeply and nearly at his best again. First start on a team that can make some damage in the post-season, aware of that and just enjoying the chance, no pressure at all... Definitely goods vibes around him. Furthermore, Dodgers are a streaking team again and just it seems that things can only go better with return of Garciaparra and Kent from DL.

On the other hand Reds are a slumping team right now that can barely produces run support to his pitchers. Issues with his bullpen arent solved at all despite new acquisitions and low assistance at home this season isnt helping too much neither. Milton is a quite average pitcher and he won his last 2 starts, but he walks too many batters and comparing stats i can't frankly see any kind of edge over Maddux, so i'll take the dog at this nice price.

Wintzi
03-08-06, 20:58
juuso]Odds on under started diving. Was 1.952 less than hour ago at Pinnacle, now 1.87. Still 1.92 available at Mansion. Ofcourse doesn't mean anything, but there's some reverse line movement here as public consensus numbers in several sites shows much more people on over.

hmm, at baw i got still 2.00 for the under

freebet123
03-08-06, 21:07

Going for a sweep here. Maddux is improving his game of late, pitching deeply and nearly at his best again. First start on a team that can make some damage in the post-season, aware of that and just enjoying the chance, no pressure at all... Definitely goods vibes around him. Furthermore, Dodgers are a streaking team again and just it seems that things can only go better with return of Garciaparra and Kent from DL.

On the other hand Reds are a slumping team right now that can barely produces run support to his pitchers. Issues with his bullpen arent solved at all despite new acquisitions and low assistance at home this season isnt helping too much neither. Milton is a quite average pitcher and he won his last 2 starts, but he walks too many batters and comparing stats i can't frankly see any kind of edge over Maddux, so i'll take the dog at this nice price.

GOOD WORK, AK47... Milton allowed 10 walks in last 3 starts which is MANY, but his overall record is still slightly better than Maddux. Overall, Milton allowed 30 walks in 107 innings (this is more than GOOD).... He's kind of average pitchers, but he has some INTELLIGENT WALKS, you should watch out..... One more thing, Maddux is pitching poorly AWAY from home 80 hits in 65 innings, and his last 3 doesn't look good also....

If you check the lineups tonight, LAD has "good" lineup :arrow: good to go....

Again, I won't touch this game.

FCBM
03-08-06, 21:30
juuso]Odds on under started diving. Was 1.952 less than hour ago at Pinnacle, now 1.87. Still 1.92 available at Mansion. Ofcourse doesn't mean anything, but there's some reverse line movement here as public consensus numbers in several sites shows much more people on over.

so far so good,typical under game till now :) good pick juuso

freebet123
03-08-06, 21:35
MIN vs. KC
MIN: B. Radke (9-8, 4.91)
KC: J. de la Rosa (1-0, 3.00)

Well, MIN is angry after 2 straight lost to DEFENSIVE Texas. MIN is VERY good against Lefties, and La Rosa (L) will be the one they pick on.

These 2 pitchers allowed many flied balls. I expect there will be a few homers. Night games, Radke allowed 120 hits in 96 innings with ERA 5.03; he's even worse with AWAY games, allowed 89 hits in 54 innings with ERA 6.11.....

La Rosa is another one, 3 of his last 4 games have gone OVER (just 1 UNDER against defensive TEX). Kansas City's now fighting with no pressure, they don't care about win or lose; they're just doing their best. MIN plays with confidence against weak team...

:arrow: I expect this game will go OVER?

I also like NY Mets @ Florida and Philly @ STL OVER, "don_vito" has made pretty good writeups on those....

I already took UNDER 5 first HALF in HOU @ SD (sorry I didn't have chance to write something down), it seems to be under, but who knows... In game, anything can happen....

GL all for tonight game. I'll be very busy every weekend, but I'll try to write one writeup for weekend, and I expect your help also. Thanks!

don_vito
03-08-06, 21:36
TEX: Millwood (10-7, 4.62)
LAA: Weaver (7-0, 1.51)

LA Angels @ 1.65 Gamebookers

I will try my luck with LA .They lost series in home with Oakland but I think that they can bounce back now. It will be very hard against Millwood with his away 2.96 ERA 7-1. Some trends : TEX are 7-22 in the last 29 meetings, 2-6 in their last 8 night games.
Texas played great series in Minny but they ware facing poor pichers , now it will be harder.

Jered Weaver with 0.00 ERA in 14 home play'd innings.He is great at night games 5-0 0.79 ERA, he gave only 9 er. in 53 ip. LAA are hiting .310 in last 10 against right hands.

CLE: Westbrook (7-7, 4.31)
BOS: Beckett (13-5, 4.76)

Boston Red Sox @ 1.57 Gamebookers

Westbrook sucks in away games 6.18 ERA, in last 3 (one away worst 3.1 ip. 5 er. from 12 hits against LAA) 0-3 5.09 ERA

Beckett is great in home games 6-1 with 3.22 ERA from 28 hr. only 5 in Fenway. In last 3 games 2-0 2.70 ERA. He wants revange after poor outing in Cleveland.

BOS are 64-26 in their last 90 home games.
BOS are 20-8 in their last 28 night games.
Cleveland are only .219 Vs. R in last 10

LAA @ 1.65 + BOS @ 1.57 = 2.56

we'll see...

AK47
03-08-06, 21:40

GOOD WORK, AK47... Milton allowed 10 walks in last 3 starts which is MANY, but his overall record is still slightly better than Maddux. Overall, Milton allowed 30 walks in 107 innings (this is more than GOOD).... He's kind of average pitchers, but he has some INTELLIGENT WALKS, you should watch out..... One more thing, Maddux is pitching poorly AWAY from home 80 hits in 65 innings, and his last 3 doesn't look good also.... If you check the lineups tonight, LAD has "good" lineup :arrow: good to go....

Maddux last 3 starts:
CHC - STL, 4-2 (W, 1ER)
CHC @ NYM, 8-7 (W, 7ER)
CHC - HOU, 2-4 (L, 3ER)

Yes, he was tagged for 7 runs against Mets, just like Milton, just Nolasco and his incredible ERA 0.49 in his last games yesterday, and of course so many others... Not quite a shame, imo :D.

Anyway, i don't look overall statitics, i prefer L3 or L5 to make a more cleare picture.

(And don't forget Maddux has already won the Reds this season, giving up only 4 hits and 2 runs over 5 innings... :wink:)

GL with your bets.

AK47
03-08-06, 21:46

so far so good,typical under game till now :) good pick juuso

Not only good but excellent, imo... 8O

Congratulations, juuso.

[fin]juuso
03-08-06, 21:53

GOOD WORK, AK47... Milton allowed 10 walks in last 3 starts which is MANY, but his overall record is still slightly better than Maddux. Overall, Milton allowed 30 walks in 107 innings (this is more than GOOD).... He's kind of average pitchers, but he has some INTELLIGENT WALKS, you should watch out..... One more thing, Maddux is pitching poorly AWAY from home 80 hits in 65 innings, and his last 3 doesn't look good also.... If you check the lineups tonight, LAD has "good" lineup :arrow: good to go....

Maddux last 3 starts:
CHC - STL, 4-2 (W, 1ER)
CHC @ NYM, 8-7 (W, 7ER)
CHC - HOU, 2-4 (L, 3ER)

Yes, he was tagged for 7 runs against Mets, just like Milton, just Nolasco and his incredible ERA 0.49 in his last games yesterday, and of course so many others... Not quite a shame, imo :D.

Anyway, i don't look overall statitics, i prefer L3 or L5 to make a more cleare picture.

(And don't forget Maddux has already won the Reds this season, giving up only 4 hits and 2 runs over 5 innings... :wink:)

GL with your bets.

I like your pick. Maddux's pitching style might suit pitching better at Great American Ball Park as he has quite good groundball ratio. Milton has been considerably less effective at home as he is a flyball pitcher and Great American ballpark is very homerun easy park. Milton is giving up average 1.59HR/9IP and a little bit more at home. I rate the Reds lineup slightly better, but current batting form favors the Dodgers.

GL

[fin]juuso
03-08-06, 23:25
I'ts baseball guys, don't say it's easy after 4+ innings. Unders can be destroyed in a matter of few bad inning. We won anyway, 5-2 SD.

For once closer Trevor Hoffman came thru for me in save situation. Had lost 2 Padre bets and All-Star bet thanks to him. Altough he has converted once again 6 out of 9 after that All-Star game and 29 out of 33 this season, i've had some incredible bad luck in his games, so was like "not again" when he came in. 1-2-3 easy inning this time.

Taking something for night games soon. Going thru stats and other stuff now. Will post soon.

Brent
03-08-06, 23:34
MLB Halfs (5 innings)

Cincinnati Reds (Milton) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (Maddux) over 5.5 runs 2.00 at Pinnacle

Dodgers starting pitcher Greg Maddux has struggled on the road this season with a 5.68 ERA and a .300 opponent batting average. Reds starting pitcher Eric Milton has struggled at The Great American Ballpark with a 5.83 ERA. Milton has given up 13 home runs in 10 starts at the GAB this season.

Los Angeles Cincinnati
Pos Player HR RBI AVG Pos Player HR RBI AVG
SS Furcal, Rafael 6 38 .280 RF Freel, Ryan 7 21 .302
2B Lugo, Julio 0 0 .143 1B Hatteberg, Scott 10 35 .320
RF Drew, JD 11 60 .278 CF Griffey, Ken 22 59 .240
1B Saenz, Olmedo 8 39 .293 LF Dunn, Adam 32 73 .260
LF Ethier, Andre 10 42 .343 2B Aurilia, Rich 14 41 .286
3B Betemit, Wilson 10 31 .289 3B Encarnacion, Edwin 7 43 .281
C Martin, Russell 5 45 .293 C Valentin, Javier 2 16 .225
CF Repko, Jason 3 12 .296 SS Clayton, Royce 1 33 .265
P Maddux, Greg (9-11, 4.69) P Milton, Eric (7-6, 5.37)

Minor Leagues

International League (Triple-A)

Charlotte Knights vs Rochester Red Wings over 9 runs 1.84 at Pinnacle

Rochester starting pitcher Henry Bonilla has appeared in 27 games but has started only seven. Bonilla is replacing Boof Bonser who was called up by Minnesota to start yesterday's game. Walks have been a problem for Charlotte starting pitcher Stephen Randolph as he has given up 84 in 119 innings pitched.

Pacific Coast League (Triple-A)

Oklahoma Redhawks vs Las Vegas 51's over 11 runs 1.86 at Pinnacle

Las Vegas starting pitcher Eric Stults has given up 123 hits in 115 innings pitched. Oklahoma starting pitcher R.A. Dickey has given up 98 hits and 61 runs in 86 innings pitched this season.

tomting
03-08-06, 23:39
hi guys,

long time I hv not post in here, but at last I found some free time to post. Although i have not post here for long time but i still bet on MLB almost few times a week. So I m still on track wat's gtg on.

Well won quite good sum on improved squad Yankee just now and will ride on Detroit tonite to win, i think it's easy money.

Detroit to win 1.54 is not bad

To be short and simple:
Detroit is hot..with Seo pitching tonite and his star is not good tonite, which mean he will not perform well. (I don want to sound absurb, but this chinese astrology stuff does help me won alot for the past months on MLB)
First half lineup of Detroit are too strong and hot for the moment with guy like Guillen, can;t see how Seo will stop them even he has the luck with him.

10/10 stake for me.

Good nite, not sure will hv the time to post soon.

[fin]juuso
03-08-06, 23:54
Texas Rangers @ Los Angeles Angels

Rangers 2.30 (Pinnacle) 4 units

TEX: RHP Kevin Millwood (10-7, 4.62 ERA)

LAA: RHP Jered Weaver (7-0, 1.51 ERA)

Very important serie for both teams. Rangers are 1.5 games behind Angels and 3 games behind division leading Oakland in the AL West standings. Seattle also only one game behind Texas, means all teams are within 3.5 games. Most teams in this division are doing it mostly with pitching, but Rangers are doing it with their bats, being clearly the best offensive team in the division. Last 2 games they scored 19 combined runs at Minnesota and 35 in last 4. Their hitting seems to be on a good shape right now. Angels played a bit anemic series against Oakland, going 1-2, scoring 6 runs in 3 games. I'ts not easy to go against little Weaver, who unlike his big brother, has been outstanding. It's his rookie season and he has a 7-0 record with a 1.51 ERA. Really Impressive. Still, Kevin Millwood is a tough pitcher on road. His style doesn't work that well at home, but on road and especially on pitcher friendly parks he has some great numbers. Millwood has a 2.96 Road ERA this season and is 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA in 2 career starts against Angels. Angel stadium being a pitchers park doesn't give Weaver as big advantage as you could think from their ERA's at the first glance. Texas bats are hotter at the moment and you never know how long Weaver can keep his lossless streak going. 2.30 is enough for a small-medium play for me.

Satyr
04-08-06, 00:30
excellent thread guys, many good posts and very informational, discussional approach. Hats off.

Cheers. :)

freebet123
04-08-06, 04:43
Well, many games today went against what we thought... I'm feeling bad for an unlucky day... Games are always games... I went 2-3 today.... Lost the last one, PHI vs. STL (stl got 2 hits over 9 innings??? 8O against an average pitcher??).... I was a little bit lucky that I changed my mind and didn't bet on the Detroit game...

Again, games are games. We do the works, the games decide...

We all should try harder, and hope for a good day starts...