PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 8/9

tahoma
07-09-03, 22:47
Not many games today, but if you find a good pick, post it here!

Good luck!

http://content.gamebookers.com/images/actual/468_en_actual.gif (http://www.gamebookers.com/)

xyzDennis
07-09-03, 22:58
Match: Tord - Jönköpings Södra
Pick: Away win
Odds: 1.55

Comments: Jonkopings has been untouchable this season and certainly looks on course for promotion unless something drastic happens to their form. a 14/1/1 record sees them top the table with a 6 point lead over the nearest rival. Armed with the best strikeforce in the division, it is easy to see why. Tord on the other hand lies in midtable with nothing to aim for except survival. Interestingly we would see the league's BEST offence versus the league's WORST defence(yes, even though they are mid-table) pitching themselves at one another.
Goals galore here I would guess...and more of them would be in favour of Jonkopings. The first meeting this season saw Jonkopings sweep pass Tord...and I mean SWEEP...Jonkopings won at home 10-1. Enough said surely of the reason why I am giving this pick a 10/10. Expekt's price of 1.70 is overkill! Jonkopings surely do not want to make things difficult for themselves in the rest of the promotional race.

paralias
07-09-03, 23:01
Hehehehe, since it seems it happened to be the second here, and there rnt any south american picks tonite. So, i will have to "steal" Per's pick on the main site. Here it is:

IFK Malmoe - Kalmar Away Win @ 1.90

Here's the explanation:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=180

Sorry Per and all of u who would like that pick :roll:

Good luck

football_tips
07-09-03, 23:59
Hmm.. I am too late to pick on Kalmar win. Since Paralias picked that game already. I will pick on another Superettan game.
By the way, Congrats on your winning Pick for Uruguay & Brazil Paralias, Well Done !!

Sweden Superettan
Sylvia v Café Opera @1.90 from GB

Sylvia is stuck at bottom of the table with nothing to play for, they seems destined to be relegated managing only 11 points from 22 games.

Cafe Opera is an attacking minded team, they averages approximately 2 goals per game.

Taking into account that Sylvia weak defence and their weak forwards, I will pick Cafe Opera to nick this game away.

Refer to Table :

Sep 7, 2003 Total

1. Trelleborg 23 14 4 5 43 - 24 46
2. Kalmar 22 14 4 4 33 - 19 46
-------------------------------------------------------
3. Häcken 22 13 2 7 37 - 33 41
4. V.Frölunda 22 12 4 6 38 - 26 40
5. Åtvidaberg 23 10 7 6 35 - 30 37
6. Västerås 22 10 5 7 38 - 32 35
7. Brommapojkarna 23 9 5 9 29 - 32 32
8. Norrköping 23 8 7 8 39 - 37 31
9. Cafe_Opera 22 8 6 8 42 - 35 30
10. Boden 23 7 7 9 36 - 42 28
11. Gefle 22 7 6 9 32 - 35 27
12. Assyriska 22 9 0 13 34 - 42 27
13. Falkenberg 23 7 4 12 28 - 34 25
14. IFK_Malmö 22 8 1 13 34 - 47 25
15. Forward 22 6 3 13 35 - 43 21
16. Sylvia 22 2 5 15 21 - 43 11

paralias
08-09-03, 00:13
Hmm.. I am too late to pick on Kalmar win. Since Paralias picked that game already. I will pick on another Superettan game.
By the way, Congrats on your winning Pick for Uruguay & Brazil Paralias, Well Done !!

Thanx pal... Although Brazil needed some luck to win... Anyway, the good thing is that all won.

See u.

GaryB
08-09-03, 00:42
Hoping for third time lucky with
Pick 3
Football [Division Three]
Doncaster v Hull
OVER 2.5 Goals @ 2.15
Hull have played entertaining football this season,but although scoring lots of goals are also conceding a fair few.Striker Allsopp is always going to be around when the ball is in the opponents penalty area,ready to pounce.
Doncaster have a decent striker also in Fortune-West,and with this match Live on TV in england I think both teams will wanna put a good show on,so there fore I expect a few goals.
Good Luck
GaryB :roll:

Caesar
08-09-03, 01:05
Hi again :)

There aren't many soccer games to pick from and since my compatriot, paralias, managed to get the win of Kalmar (might be for my best 8) ) I'll try my 1st pick from...

TENNIS
Wismilak International, Bali (ladies) - Hardcourt
Harkleroad A. v Groenefeld A.L....1...1,30

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/2001/11/14/harkleroad_camp/t1_harkleroad_all.jpg
Ashley Harkleroad (USA)
Date of Birth: May 2, 1985
Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Current Singles Rank: 52
Career Win-Loss Record: 24-22
Career (Hard): 13-14
2003 (Hard): 7-5

She is often referred to as the American Anna Kournikova. She's blonde and cute, and a terrific player who had certainly made her mark on the WTA Tour this year.
Lately, she won on the 1st rnd of US Open Vera Douchevina (RUS) (No 141) by 2-0 and lost on the 2nd rnd (1-2) against Vera Zvonareva (RUS) (No 14).

Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)
Current Singles Rank: 162
Career Win-Loss Record: 7-6
Career (Hard): 1-2
2003 (Hard): 1-1

She didn't qualify to the 1st rnd of US open since she won her 1st qualification game against Anastassia Rodionova (RUS) (No 126) by 2-0, but lost the 2nd one against Teryn Ashley (USA) (No 178) easily (0-2 / 2-6, 2-6).

Good luck.

PS
The photos are for a friend of mine and all those who wanna know where they put their money on :wink: :D

:!: Sorry, Caesar, I had to replace your pictures. Please send your friend a pm including them. I changed the pic of Ashley with a smaller one and deleted pics of Anna Lena. It's a good idea to post pics of the girls - but not with wallpaperlike pictures! Lakini

artnow
08-09-03, 01:06
Back to my (6.9) dissalowed pick:
I bet it in real and take biggest odd at GB (1.90),Expekt (1.95).
:arrow: That 1.90 pick was already taken by someone else.
I'm here from February and never bet on soccer with asian handicap,it was normally goal difference(win for Italy with more than one goal difference).It no matter of winning several Euro in this competition (i bet on this match 400PLN-almost 100 Euro.My bookies are Expekt(PLN) and GB(Euro).
My pick from baseball (8.9)third
PHI Phillies-NY Mets tip 1 odd 1.80
Rivals of PHI all won,they have 5 gm winning streak,beat NYM 6 or seven straight,they are in form -last 10 (8-2),pitchers are equal but PHI simply better batting.Sorry for small prediction but games will start in 5 min time.
Thnkx Tahoma for good justice i must ending but someone tells if i write this after game start.
HOWGH.

The Gravedigger
08-09-03, 09:33
Since there aren`t many matches in offer,my pick again is basketball match.

Today there are matches of 1/8 final :

20:00 S&M - TURKEY
20:30 GERMANY - ITALY
20:00 CROATIA - SPAIN
20:30 SLOVENIA - ISRAEL

And my pick for today is:

SLOVENIA - ISRAEL (+6,5) 1.85

Slovenia played great in their group,and they lost only one match against France yesterday,but they were better team almost all match and on the end they lost their lead and first place in group.They have very good team mixed with some experienced and young and talented players and altought they are playing without some great players like Nesterovic or Becirovic,they have quality at least for 1/4.They are covered in all position with players almost equal quality and that`s their advantage because they can play with 10-12 players each match.

On the other hand,Israel made suprice form me winning yesterday match agains Latvia,and they won it very easy but I think that that`s all they can do on this championship.They have only few quality players who can play matches like this and if they are bad then team has no chances for win.They have to travell for this match from Norceping to Lulea about 400 km.(5h)so they will be very exsausted.

I think that Slovenia will win this match easily.

Lestat
08-09-03, 10:44
My pick of the day:
Doncaster v Hull 1 @2.50 (www.willhill.com)
Sorry but I have no time to write more about it.

Yannisss
08-09-03, 10:46
Hi again (...) 8O 8O 8O 8O 8)

Bet killer
08-09-03, 10:50
IFK Malmö - Kalmar 3.30 3.50 1.90 - HOME WIN @3.30

1. Trelleborg 23 14 4 5 43 - 24 46
2. Kalmar 22 14 4 4 33 - 19 46
3. Häcken 22 13 2 7 37 - 33 41
-
-
-
-
10. Boden 23 7 7 9 36 - 42 28
11. Gefle 22 7 6 9 32 - 35 27
12. Assyriska 22 9 0 13 34 - 42 27
13. Falkenberg 23 7 4 12 28 - 34 25
14. IFK_Malmö 22 8 1 13 34 - 47 25
15. Forward 22 6 3 13 35 - 43 21
16. Sylvia 22 2 5 15 21 - 43 11

Next game: Kalmar - Hacken, Cafe Opera - IFK Malmo

IMO Kalmar is best team in Superettan and with "one leg" in Allsvenskan. Also, Malmo's "black series" must stop and I think that today, with new coach and against big favourite, is chance to move up on 11. place on the league table and take some fresh air.
In the next round, Kalmar have chance as host to beat Hacken and make BIG 8 points diference, and IMO thats more important match then tonight game. So, I put some money on Home win. Good luck to all of you.

one-two
08-09-03, 11:06
Pick No. 3 /ENG3/: Doncaster - Hull City - X, odds: 3.25 @ GB

I was thinking about this game a lot and I cannot really choose between two bets - under or draw. As we see the odds for OVER 2.5 goals were slashed as we see GaryB took the game at odds 2.15. Now it is 1.90 (over) and 1.79 (under).
Actually there are some problems at the visiting team, regarding to "teamtalk.com":
"Teenager Scott Wiseman is in line for a surprise call-up to the Hull squad for the derby with Doncaster at Belle Vue.
Boss Peter Taylor has placed the 17-year-old, who has only played a handful of reserve team games, on stand-by as he could be missing three right-backs in Alton Thelwell, Marc Joseph and Carl Regan.
Joseph (knee) is definitely out, Regan has not trained for the last couple of days because of a serious illness in his family while Thelwell faces a late test on a damaged foot.
Taylor told the Hull Daily Mail: "I'm very impressed with Scott Wiseman. There's a fair chance he could be in the squad. He's a tremendous passer and he's tremendous going forward. He's shaping into a great prospect."

This may grow into a bigger problem and some uncertainty in defense which can provide a few goals. That's why I prefer to take the draw as I think the teams will be evenly matched and surely the odds are twice greater. Also very useful information in the forum provided. Draw for me.

Lakini
08-09-03, 11:17
Brasil Open @Bahia. Hardcourt.

Gregory Carraz vs Alex Popp

Carraz to win @1.57

Read my predictions her:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=120

ando
08-09-03, 11:18
Squillari-Sargsian 2 1.53

Back to the clay of Europe and hopefully this will be a carbon copy of theitr encounter in May where Sargsian took the match in 3 sets. Squillari has been in some rather ordinary form of late with victories over no players of note and on a current 3 game losing streak. Sargsian is a solid work horse that will go hard for the whole game, this should be enough to get him over the line at releatively appealing odds.

Yannisss
08-09-03, 11:42
Lakini I don't like this photo.......... :? 8) :wink:

:!: So find a new one! There are lots of! But please please please don't publish these huge huge pictures! If you want to, open a Thread in the Chit-Chat-Forum: "Sexy Tennis girls" and flood them with giant pics, but not here! Lakini

Yannisss
08-09-03, 12:21
So find a new one! There are lots of! But please please please don't publish these huge huge pictures! If you want to, open a Thread in the Chit-Chat-Forum: "Sexy Tennis girls" and flood them with giant pics, but not here! Lakini

as you know in the chit-chat forum we are busy with Isaac at this time :roll: 8)

Turk2005
08-09-03, 12:28
Tennis, Bucharest
Sanchez vs. Corretja, pick Sanchez to win 1.97
Both suck on hard surface and they are happy to be back on clay. Both had first round exits in US Open, Corretja to Agassi and Sanchez to Gambill. H2H 1:1, both meetins on clay, the most recent won by Sanchez in July in Gstaad. After that Sanchez won a challenger tournament in San Marino, but has only 18:23 singles record 2003. Corretja has been struggling all year, in his last clay tournament he lost to Werner Eschauer (rank 219). His singles record 2003 is 10:18 (but more than 10 million $ won during his career!!) . I believe that Sanchez is more motivated and in better form than Corretja and wins this match.

Per
08-09-03, 13:00
As my bets for today and tomorrow already have been snatched I figure it's alright if I do the same so I'll take Lakini's Vuelta bet:

Pettachi-Zabel head to head on today's stage, Pick: Zabel
Price at Expekt has dropped to 2,25.

megapoxy
08-09-03, 13:18
Slovenia Israel Home win @ 1.09...the lack of matches today urges me to bet in this low odd but also low risk match...slovenians were close to win against French team one of the favorites last night and shouldn't face any troubles against Israel.Good luck to all!!!

Caesar
08-09-03, 13:32
Slovenia Israel Home win @ 1.09...the lack of matches today urges me to bet in this low odd but also low risk match...slovenians were close to win against French team one of the favorites last night and shouldn't face any troubles against Israel.Good luck to all!!!

Odds must be between 1.30 and 3.75 and they must come from Gamebookers :wink:

artnow
08-09-03, 13:35
Back to my (6.9) dissalowed pick:
I bet it in real and take biggest odd at GB (1.90),Expekt (1.95).
:arrow: That 1.90 pick was already taken by someone else.
I'm here from February and never bet on soccer with asian handicap,it was normally goal difference(win for Italy with more than one goal difference.

I agree both picks are very similar but for example with my pick 1-0 for Italy-lost all amount and with such AH 1-0 for Italy part of amount returns ,i'm right (maybe i don't have right :?: simply i don't bet on AH)
Yes, WHY NOT pick(6.9) was asian handicap(he takes first):
Italy -1 1/4 win 1.9 GB
My pick(6.9) was from Expect:
Italy(-1)-Wales(+1) 1.95 Expect. Only by through innatention i to overlook if picks must be from GB.
Tahoma answered at STANDINGS if takes my picks if GB gives normal thats goal difference pick and because i must read RULES next time.
Let's WHY NOT tells-there was such pick at GB this day on this match or not.The matter is simply,WAS OR WAS'T :?: :?: :?:
PS:there was the same picks,AH and goal difference :?: :?: :?:
I'll wait for answer impatiently.
PS 2:sorry for chaos with my participation.
GL with next picks.
ARTNOW

Koffieboer
08-09-03, 13:40
Forget it, your pick was false in the first place. Don't try to talk your way into the rankings, but pay more attention next time.

Per
08-09-03, 13:52
As my bets for today and tomorrow already have been snatched I figure it's alright if I do the same so I'll take Lakini's Vuelta bet:

Pettachi-Zabel head to head on today's stage, Pick: Zabel
Price at Expekt has dropped to 2,25.

Hmm, guess I didn't update my knowledge of the rules...
missed the fact that it's "Gamebookers bets only" nowadays :(

Oh well, not much ado with that.

juankaan
08-09-03, 14:07
My 3rd pick goes for;

TURKEY - SERBIA ; TAKE TURKEY @2.55

I'm sure that TURKEY players , esp IBRAHIM will play not as good as yesterday. Yesterday against CROATIA had TURKEY a big luck. Every shoot was in..

Anyway SERBIA and TURKEY have both problems in making a good offence and getting rebounds.. So this match will be the match for the team that has more GoOD PLAYERS ON DAY !!!

I'm sure on PEJA not to play as good as yesterday too.. Like GIRICEK yesterday...
Turkey team can always stop STAR PLAYERS !!!

But TEAM PLAYERS like GREECE have always big chances against TURKEY !!
This match will also be the revange for TURKEY for the match in BELGRAD..

The 3 technical fauls made all players wait for this match...

Like all CROATIA was waiting for the match against TRUKEY yesterday after the bad referee in the match in TURKEY !!!
I'm sure on a good match..

THE BETTER SIDE TO WIN is my biggest wish... And HOPE FOR TURKEY for sure !!!!

Let's kick emm all !!!

IKARUS
08-09-03, 14:26
I would take Turkey today if margin would be more than 5...but it is actually 4.The other game caught my attention ... it`s Germany - Italy.

Lithuania trashed Germany with 3-point shooters.Nowitzki wasn`t brilliant and the defense of Germany was really bad.I didn`t use to that kind of play by Germany.

On the other hand,Italy was really bad.Biggest disapointment so far.They were in problems with BiH,lost from France and Slovenia.

8 is big margin,but I expect Nowitzki to awake when it`s most important and to score 30+.

Germany - Italy+8.5 1 1.90

Caesar
08-09-03, 14:29
Since my pick was voided 8O , I'll go for a "stolen" pick :oops:

Sweden 2
Tord v Jonkoping Sodra.........2...1,50

Jonkoping Sodra
1st with 14-1-1, 52-16 (the best offence of the division)

Tord
7th with 6-3-7, 36-42 (the worst defence of the division)

They use the same ground (Stadsparksvallen).
1st game, on 10-6-2003, was 10-1!!!! (3-0 by 12', Johan Anderson 4 goals)

Good luck

DUKSY
08-09-03, 15:00
Hi,my pick for today is:

RUSSIA - CROATIA handicap -6 take 2 (1,9)

Croatia not to lose with 6 or more.Croatia is a very good team
with no luck so far.They lose from Greace -1 and Turkey -3 and
they won against Ukraine by more then 20.In Croatia we all believe
that Croatia will win.Odds are 1,6 2,05 so I think that Croatia will win
but just in case I'll take this handicap.

Lyd
08-09-03, 15:10
My pick is from horse racing. Weird, I know, but I don't see many better picks for today.

Race in 16:15 (local time) at Warwick - 1m Maiden Auction Stakes

Sheriff's Deputy (GB) to WIN @ 2,88

Sheriff's Deputy is most experienced horse in this auction race. Ran 12 times, 6 times second, never a winner. In last 4 races on 1 mile he was 2nd. Today he will be ridden by D. Holland, so I expect him to break his bad luck 2nd place streak.

Good luck!

Tomic
08-09-03, 15:38
Hi!

I haven't found anything interessting for Monday, but my tipps for tomorrow i have allready picked.

I guess they will probabley don't interesst anybody but here they are!

BSV Villach - Wörgl i'll go for H2 (0:1)
FC Wacker - DSV Leoben Tipp1

That's for me

LuckyOne
08-09-03, 16:03
Well, Im hopes im not to late for the picks and if its too late, just ignore this pick!

Västerås SK v Forward 1.45 3.95 5.45

Västerås have to win this match for still have a chance for promotion and nothing more then 3 points will be satisfied from theirs place. Forward is really weak away and I cant see how they can defend agianst a strong hometeam like Västerås. The draw last match for Västerås against Falkenberg (0-0) will be a bell for Västerås to not underestimated the bottom teams and this time i dont think they will do same mistake as they did with Falkenberg. Full concentration until the match is over and a good team usually can win matches when they need it.

Mistro
08-09-03, 16:26
Slovenia(-9.5)- Israel(+9.5) 1 odds:1.90

Read my prediction here

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=255

Mistro

Lyd
08-09-03, 16:58
My pick is from horse racing. Weird, I know, but I don't see many better picks for today.

Race in 16:15 (local time) at Warwick - 1m Maiden Auction Stakes

Sheriff's Deputy (GB) to WIN @ 2,88

Sheriff's Deputy is most experienced horse in this auction race. Ran 12 times, 6 times second, never a winner. In last 4 races on 1 mile he was 2nd. Today he will be ridden by D. Holland, so I expect him to break his bad luck 2nd place streak.

Good luck!

You had a doubt it this pick? 8O :wink: Well, Sheriff's Deputy now could be a Sheriff himself, since he achieved his first win in career. 8)

You can check results here: http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/Monday/Warwick_1615.html

Daneck
08-09-03, 17:37
Atlanta Braves -1,5 (RL) to beat Philadelphia Phillies. @2,45

Braves' Russ Ortiz is favourite with excellent home record 11-3.I know he's with 6.48 ERA in his last 3, but all three were away and one of them in hitters' friendly Coors stadium. It can happen to everyone. Philadelphia Phillies are flying, but had hard 11 innings-fight in yesterday' game and they probably will be tired. Ex-Atlanta Milwood is 0-2 in two games this season against his previous team and Atlanta hit righties good. It's a risky bet, but I must try to grab @2,45 for my favourite baseball team.

strandns
08-09-03, 18:56
Turkey v Serbia & Montenegro 2 1.47 @gamebookers
Well, hope that juankaan this time went on a patriotic feelings...
Really, remember that this incredible yugoslav team always do their best when everybody writes them up :wink:
This is such a ocassion :!:

Dingo
08-09-03, 19:45
MLB Pick

LA to Beat Arizona in run line -1.5 ( 2.22GB)

Brown Pitching for LA 1.11 season and even better last 3 0.95

Batista Pictching for Arizona 1.29 season and last 3 he's worst than that 1.69
Advantage LA

LA hitting 0.275 which is better than than season avr 0.243 , Improving
Arizona hitting 0.253 whioch is less than seasin avr 0.261 , Sluping

Advantage LA

LA better on pitch and hitting and should win slumping arizona hopefully by at least 2 runs 8)

Good luck .

megapoxy
08-09-03, 21:10
Sorry for forgetting the rules then...TB Buccaneers v PHI Eagles.... Eagles @ 1.68...I hope the pick will be valid for today even though the match starts late at night...

sinov
08-09-03, 21:12
Albania-Gruzja 2.06 3.2 2.96
Finally I've got an information about this game and just asked my polish friends to put the bet on Georgia in Professional Bookie. They just crazy to give odds on this game and away win here is sure bet now! Don't ask me why anymore please :) I've written about it under another topic. I go with maximum stake on Georgia 2.96! And I recommend you to put some money on it. It's real value. But remember that every bet is your bet :!:
Good Luck :wink:

doudou1
08-09-03, 22:35
hi sinov
in what sport??

Lyd
08-09-03, 22:54
Finally I've got an information about this game and just asked my polish friends to put the bet on Georgia in Professional Bookie. They just crazy to give odds on this game and away win here is sure bet now! Don't ask me why anymore please :) I've written about it under another topic. I go with maximum stake on Georgia 2.96! And I recommend you to put some money on it. It's real value. But remember that every bet is your bet :!:

Sinov, please read the rules first. (Tahoma put a link at the bigining of topic). This thread is for picks for today, 08.09., not for future bets. You have to wait for wednesday to post that one. ;)

sinov
09-09-03, 14:21

Sinov, please read the rules first. (Tahoma put a link at the bigining of topic). This thread is for picks for today, 08.09., not for future bets. You have to wait for wednesday to post that one. ;)
I'm very sorry of course but it's sure this odds will remove till 10.09 :? That is why I decided to write about it yesterday :) Who needs even very sure bet without odds ??? :P