PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 6/9

tahoma
05-09-03, 21:13
The biggest European leagues have now rstarted again, so it's time to restart the popular competition Pick of the day!

The big difference to previous rounds is the sponsorship. Gamebookers is now officially sponsor of the competition and they will give the price money to the winners. Competitors can therefore only choose picks with odds from Gamebookers.

I was hoping to get a bigger winning amount to the winners, but 100 € is ok for one month. Maybe I will get a better deal next month. Gamebookers have the biggest number of events, so I'm happy to have them as sponsors here.

I strongly advice you to carefully read the rules (http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10902) before you post your first pick!

Good luck!

http://content.gamebookers.com/images/actual/468_en_actual.gif (http://www.gamebookers.com/)

IKARUS
05-09-03, 21:35
Good to see this great competition starting again.

My first pick is Italy-Wales 1 1.37

Italy will miss only Totti,and IMO,that wouldn`t be huge problem `cause Del Piero will replace him.After all,Wales isn`t the team who can be called as a "major force" in European football.They`ve lost in the Belgrade,and I really can`t see them taking the point in Italy.Speaking about needs to get three points - if Italy doesn`t win tomorrow,they will be in danger of losing the second place,but Wales will be the second even if they lose tomorrow`s match.So,my conclusion is that this is "must win" for Italy,so motivation and attitude will be at the highest level.

CG
05-09-03, 21:40
Nationwide Conference

Farnborough v Hereford United 2 1.93

Hereford sit at the top of the Conference after an impressive win at many peoples favourites, Stevenage. They have only dropped 2 points this season after a 1-1 draw at Barnet. Farnborough sit at the bottom with only 3 points from a possible 18. This is a game that Hereford need to take all 3 points from if they are serious about promotion back to the Football League.

Result: Farnborough 0 Hereford 5

celt1
05-09-03, 23:21
Euro 2004 qualifications:

Bosnia&Herzegovina-Norway HT X 2.05

I am pretty sure about this because Home team is struggling to score in home matches,they played only 2-0 against Luxemburg (it was 0-0 at the HT) and 1-0 against Faroes (friendly)!
They score more often on the counterattacks when they are defending,then when they have to attack!
And on the other side is Norway,team which plays defensive football.
Norway will probably try to destroy home team's attacks in the midfield in which probaly will be 6 midfielders and only 1 attacker,who will also be behind the ball!
As you see Norway won't look much in front,but they have well balanced defence and midfield which can hold on Bosnian pressure!
I have to say that Norway's attackers are in terrible form at the moment.

So for me this is pick ot the day with decent odds.

BgSoccerFan
06-09-03, 00:48
I will start in the competition with the following pick :

Belarus v Czech Republic 2 1.35

Czech side is complete before this so important game for them. They are competeng with Holland for the first place and they need the win before the game against Holland. On the other side Belarus have a lot of troubles as two of their best players refused to play in the qualifications as they don't have a chance to qualifty - Belkevic and Chatkevic (Dinamo Kyev). Their best midfielder Alexander Hleb was with U21 team which won against U21 Czechs and possibility to play with "A" teams is very low. So there may be some kind of a deal. U21 Belarus win against U21 Czech and the other they roles are changed. So for me away win in this game.

xyzDennis
06-09-03, 01:25
sigh just too bad i cannot combo...that would be great :wink: my pick for today would be:

Match: FC Aarhus v Silkeborg I.F. - Away win.
Odds: 1.42

Comments:
After early slip-ups by Silkeborg, I thought to myself...oh no, there goes their chances of promotion. Then instead, results elsewhere became rather favorable to them and it turned out that their early slips were not so costly afterall. After 6 games, Silkeborg are in 6th with recent convincing wins both in cup and league football has boosted their morale a fair bit, and are only 3 points off the 2nd place. In contrast, Aarhus is practically a disgrace to the division. They are not new to the division but their performances seem to suggest so. With only 1 point to show for and 19 goals conceded in 6 league games and another 5 in a singale cup game that had just past, they must realize by now that they are in for a real tough time ahead. Silkeborg's strikeforce has always fired all cylinders from the beginning of the season and would certainly put a few pass the Aarhus defence here. An away win for Silkeborg ain't too difficult a choice here really.

FiDu
06-09-03, 01:49
My bet of the day is Latvia - Poland Away Win @2.35 in Gamebookers. Preview has been made on bettingadvice.com in polish soccer section :)

Edit: and here is link to this prediction:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=119

Gans
06-09-03, 02:30
Where to read rules of the competition?

Anyway I'll go for
Ireland - Russia 1@2.35

It's obvious that Russia is in bad condition. Two weeks ago they lost to Israel. Don't think that two weeks can change a lot. Bringing veterans into a team is not good idea. Onopko has to retire already. younger players shoude've been given chances. Russia plays very unstable. Ireland i consider plays more stable and on a better level. Home advantage is very important. You know, it's an irish spirit. Morrison and Duff will be very dangerous for russians. i believe that 1st half irish will be pushing/attacking and will score, russians will be mostly on contrattacks.
still could be a close match.

megapoxy
06-09-03, 03:31
My pick for today is Albion Rovers vs Elgin City 1 @ 1.65 @Gamebookers
This lower division of Scotland is by far the most reliable in the whole United Kingdom...Albion has shown much better results until now and normally wouldn't face any problem against a really weak team that some years is lucky that there is no further relegation... :lol:

Prija
06-09-03, 03:47
Hi,guys.This is my first pick of the competition so i just wanted to say : GOOD LUCK!!! I think this will be very interesting competition.My first pick is:

Latvia-Poland DRAW 3.2 at Bookmakers

pl. pts.
Sweden 5 11
Hungary 6 11
Latvia 5 10
Poland 5 7
S Marino 7 0

Last 2 matches: Latvia-Hungary,Sweden-Latvia and Poland-Sweden,Hungary-Sweden.

As you can see the situation in this group is very open, 4 teams have chance to qualify.Poland is in the worst position and need win in this match badly,but i think they are not gonna make it.Latvia can be satisfied with draw cause they would reach second spot at the moment,and probably eliminate Poland.Latvia plays very good defensively,and i think they will be very carefull in this crucial match.They also play without their best player Marian Pahars (you can find all absents at great FiDu's preview) and might have problem to score (which would probably have even if he played :) ).This game is very likely to finish UNDER but i wanted to start this competition in a big style so i took a draw 8) I forgot to mention very important fact that Latvia won the match in Poland 1-0.

Prija
06-09-03, 03:49
:oops: mistake GAMEBOOKERS and not bmakers ...i got carried away... :oops:

casabel
06-09-03, 05:27
Bosnia v Norway-------->UNDER 2.5 (1.65GB)

I dont think that the spirit of these 2 teams is offensive and past results have shown that this could really be a great under...

Good Luck to everyone

one-two
06-09-03, 08:57
Pick No. 1: /ENG2/ Chesterfield - Barnsley - 2, odds: 2.40 @ GB

Two teams that started in a very different way in the championship - the home team still without a win and Barnsley still without a defeat. The stable defense of the away team makes me think that they'll not lose this game which gives them perfect chances for another win.
Chesterfield have delayed the loan signing of Charlton striker Mark DeBolla after he sustained a knee injury but midfielder Mark Innes could make his first start of the season for Chesterfield. Innes has not kicked a ball so far after sustaining a hamstring injury during pre-season but has now returned to full fitness. Defender Steve Payne will also be available for the visit of Gudjon Thordarson's team. Payne needed four stitches in a head wound sustained during last weekend's defeat at QPR but has now made a full recovery. So as you see there are many "newcomers" to the squad after injuries so I doubt their in-team performance and endurance.
Barnsley will be missing Chris Lumsdon for the trip to Chesterfield. The 23-year-old midfielder received a one-match ban following his dismissal against Brighton.
So under these conditions and the current performance of both teams I'm willing to back fully the away win.

/source: www.teamtalk.com /.

06-09-03, 09:11
Home Draw Away
Italy v Wales 1.35 4.00 8.00 1

italy must win. they are better. wales lost to s&cg previous game. and italy is even better then s&cg. so, they are big favourites.

DUKSY
06-09-03, 09:51
Hi,my pick for today is:

Roddick - Nalbandian first set winner 2 (2,9)

Roddick showed against Ljubicic that he is not unbeatable but with help from the lines judges he won that one.Nalbandian is a great server and he will not lose many serves so this will be a tight match with few tiebreaks.I think that Nalbandian can win one of them so why not the first one.

Dingo
06-09-03, 10:46
Hi There ,

Pick of Day comes from England Div.2

Rush&D Vs Wycombe to be Over 2.5 ( 1.65 GB)

After 5 days of competition both teams invovled lotsa Goals

Rush 10 - 11
Wycombe 8 - 11

9 out of 10 games of this teams ended OVER , seems like another Goals party today .

Good Day all , and good luck .

Prague
06-09-03, 11:00
Belarus - Czech Republic Under 2.5 with 1.95 at Gamebookers

http://prod.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=64

Beezeri
06-09-03, 11:22
Gillingham - Millwall away win @ 2.7

Gillingham have some problems with injuries before the match. Danny Spiller, Rod Wallace, Paul Smith and Kevin James are rated very doubtful and also Tommy Johnson is suspended. Mark Saunders and Nyron Nosworthy are back after injuries but not fully fit of course.

Joe Dolan and Richard Sadlier are the only absentees for The Lions. Sadlier had to retire due to injuries at the age of 24. Millwall still have enough quality in the squad to beat weak Gills.

Last season:

Aug 17, 2002 Gillingham - Millwall 1 - 0
Dec 26, 2002 Millwall - Gillingham 2 - 2

I guess Milwall wants to improve the results from last year!

Mistro
06-09-03, 11:50
Hi

Sweden(+19.5)-Serbia & Montenegro(-19.5) 2 odds: 1.90

Sweden lost the first game by something around 40-45 points.
Ser&Mon lost to Russia by 15. They were together all 3 qutr but Russia managed to win the game in the last and suprised all basketball fans. Russia is very good but not that good. I expect slaughterhouse tonite.
Sweden will again lose by more than 30 IMO. Becouse it doesen`t matter if Serbs play with their 3 team they are still to good enough and they need good point difference becouse mybe that will be the deciding point at the end. Stojakovic and company just to good for Sweden....

Mistro

Mistro
06-09-03, 11:53
...btw this is basketball (euro CH in Swe) :wink:

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 11:55
...btw this is basketball (euro CH in Swe) :wink:And I thought it`s football :mrgreen: :wink:

Lakini
06-09-03, 12:15
German Handball League

EISENACH v HSV
Hamburg wins @1.65

Hamburg is going to hunt teams like Lemgo and Flensburg this season, with lots of new and exzellent players like worldbest player Bertrand Gilles from France. Eisenach, just an average team, that lost first match of the season clearly. Hamburg can't afford to lose it, they will show their class and win it.

John_JUVE
06-09-03, 12:23
Turkey-Greece 2 1.45 Eur.Champ.Basketball

Greece yesterday played the worst game in last 2 years but they managed to get the win against a team which showed more things than expected before the game.
Today I expect much more concentration in defence since yesterday's game should be a lesson.
Turkey has more star players than Greece but everybody admit that they dont play as a team.They have a lot of inside problems (Turkoglu,Kutluay,Ers) and this was clear against Ukraine.
Besides Greek teams play always with passion and heart against turkish teams and coach Ioannidis has a great record against them.

Giannis

Djape
06-09-03, 12:29
OK Here's my first pick of the competition!

Buffalo Bills vs New England Patriots 1 @1.91
Drew Bledsoe(BUF) is linening up to play his old team and as he says ``If we're not a playoff team, I'll be greatly disappointed.I think that we can beat anybody." That includes 2002 Superbowl champions NE! BUF made some key additions to their team in the offseason (particulary to their defence that alowed allmost 25 pts/game) including linebacker Takeo Spikes and run-stuffing tackle Sam Adams! NE released four-time Pro Bowler safety Lawyer Milloy! He was their Captain and leader for the last 106 games! With NE being 31th theam in Rush defence and Buffalo having Travis Henry who finished fifth in the NFL with 1,438 yards rushing I see a lot of running for BUF in this game which should take just enough of pressure of Drew Bledsoe!

I see a clear home win in this game!!!

And I want also to thank gamebookers for sponsoring this competition!

paralias
06-09-03, 12:52
I welcome back the competition and i choose a game from the SA section.

World Cup - CONMEBOL Quals

Peru - Paraguay home win @ 2.30

Of course, the reason for that u can see it here: http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=274

Good luck to all, nice to see u all back in thread :). Take care.

Daneck
06-09-03, 13:08
Ukraine- N.Ireland UNDER 2,5 goals @2,05

As BA Ukrainian members report, Shevchenko is injured. We all know how big blow for them this news is. N. Ireland is defensively playing side,compact and fighting. I believe in Ukraine's win but not with big goals difference, 2,05 is value in my opinion.

GaryB
06-09-03, 13:28
Afternoon Guys
Tennis for me!
KIM CLIJSTERS v Henin-Hardenne: 1 @ 1.60
Clijsters deserves to win her first slam,and for me is the better player on this Hardcourt Surface. although Henin beat her last time on it,Kim leads 5-1 on the H2H.
Also last night Henin was involved in a real battle to beat Capriati in which she suffered dehydration,and with Clijsters winning her semi comfortably must be a strong favourite to win this US Open.
Match Starts @ 1.00 am [BST]
Good Luck
GaryB :wink:

kale
06-09-03, 13:33
Hi,guys. Let's go

Notts County v Luton 2 2.35 GB

Notts County has bad start this year (LLLLD) and he is on last place width 1 pts.
1,09.8.2003,Bristol.City-Notts.Co... 5 : 0,
2,16.8.2003,Notts.Co-Wrexham........ 0 : 1,
3,23.8.2003,Swindon-Notts.Co........ 4 : 0,
4,25.8.2003,Notts.Co-Peterborough... 0 : 1,
5,30.8.2003,Barnsley-Notts.Co....... 1 : 1,

Last match with Barnsley Heffernan score in 90.min for 1:1 and this is 1st goal in 5. matchs.

Luton has WWLLW and he is on 6. place width 9 pts.
1,09.8.2003,Luton-Rushden .... 3 : 1,
2,16.8.2003,Stockport-Luton .. 1 : 2,
3,23.8.2003,Luton-Grimsby .... 1 : 2,
4,25.8.2003,Brighton-Luton ... 2 : 0,
5,30.8.2003,Luton-Hartlepool . 3 : 2,

I think that is here 2.
Good luck :wink:

MalaVida
06-09-03, 13:49
ARMENIA vs GREECE : pick GREECE @ 1,35

The Greek team, since they arrived at this crucial moment, i dont think
they throw away this great opportunity. No motivation for Armenia, high morale for Greeks, one way or another they will get the win they want that much.

Bet killer
06-09-03, 13:50
This is my first pick, and I want to apologize for my bad English :?

My first pick is:

Iceland - Germany 4.9 3.5 1.6 , AWAY WIN

What we have here? Total football outsider and team with tradition, name, history and good players.
Iceland is on the top of Group table with one points more, but with one game more played then German side. I don't know anything about host, but I know that Germany will win tonight.
That's my opininion and my pick of the day with high stake (8.5/10).

PRAG
06-09-03, 14:03
Hi there, and glad to be back just in time for another competition !

Choosing picks just from Gamebookers does present certain limitations, but what the heck, it's a fun game anyway...

My pick for Saturday comes from the European Basketball Championship in Sweden :

Turkey v Greece :arrow: 1 ............... 2.50

Granted, Turkey is nowhere near the team it used to be, and, granted, legendary Greek coach Ioannides does have an excellent track record against Turkish teams... However, I watched the Greece v Croatia game Friday night and I must say that Greece looked awful, nothing like the favourite (along with Spain) they were branded to be before the start of these Championships !!! The talent is there, but the players looked to be under immense stress and they were lucky to escape with a narrow 1-point victory against the Croats. I find the price on the Greek win (1.47) ridiculous and, though I wish them the best of luck tonight, I just can't resist picking Turkey at the extremely attractive price of 2.50 :wink:

Good luck to all my old Forum friends and Welcome to the new ones !!!

kocur
06-09-03, 14:06
Argentina vs. Chile (0:1 1/2) 1 @ 1.80 GB

World Cup 2006 Q - south america.

Argentina is at the moment in my opinion the best national team on the world. They host Chile in qualification group stage. After really horrible World Cup for Argentina they need make some good fresh now. Marcelo Bielsa want only great and effectiv victory over poor Chile. Match will be played in Argentina, hot ground, fanatic fans and want only one - win! When Argentina score a goal fans want more and more... this make me almost sure to home win.

Chile go to this match without some important players. Marcelo Salas from River Plate will be out on this match. Other Pablo Galdamas and Pizzaro is to out on this match. Chile got really important game in wednesday with Peru and in my opinion players and coach is concetration on this clash and win in this match.

Argentina starts like Aimar, Crespo, Veron, Lopez, Saviola & etc. will make great match and high victory.

For me it's really good match and high stake on handicap game.

UnderOver1979
06-09-03, 14:53
Italy is just a better team and needs win even without Totti will win...
I will try AsHdcp Italy-Wales

Italy -1 1/4 win 1.9[/b]

juankaan
06-09-03, 15:04
First of all ;

GOOD LUCK to all memebers that join this POD COMP !!!

I'm on

MACEDONIA - ENGLAND ; TAKE OVER 2.5 @1.90

But a memebrs names GUEST took it.. That's against the rules.. So i take it..

My opinion is that SAKIRI and the macedonia forwards will surely score against this injured england.
England needs to attack ... So that will be an open match..

My opinion is on a score like 2-2 , 1-2 , 2-3

But i hope that ENGLAND LOSES POINTS :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

If there is a problem and if i can not take thi***351;s pick because of GUEST's taking it , than do i take

MACEDONIA - ENGLAND ; First team to score MACEDONIA @4.00 but the rules say
NO HIGHER THAN @3.75

So i take that bet for odds @3.75..

SO IF I CAN TAKE THE FIRST PICK than i take it..
MACEDONIA - ENGLAND

OVER 2.5 @1.90

But if i can not take it as GUEST took it , thn FIRST TEAM TO SCORE , MACEDONIA !!! @4.00

Let's kick emm all !!!

Turk2005
06-09-03, 15:24
U21 Euro 2004

Azerbaidzan v Finland 2 1.7

Finland is a decent team, with players from the their national league (Veikkausliiga) and even some "international" players like Marco Parnela FC Zwolle and Daniel Sjölund Djurgårdens IF, for example. Not a great team, but OK. Azer U21 is a mess like the table below shows. Away win.

Group 9

Teams Pld W D L GS GA Pts

Italy 5 5 0 0 12 3 15
Serbia and Montenegro 6 4 1 1 14 8 13
Finland 6 2 1 3 10 9 7
Wales 5 2 0 3 6 7 6
Azerbaijan 6 0 0 6 0 15 0

Well the originl pick was posted 9 in the morning (now deleted), not after the game!

FiDu
06-09-03, 15:33

As far as I know (I wanted to pick this game too :)), it's gonna be played on 7th Semptember. Can we make picks on next days??

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 15:37

As far as I know (I wanted to pick this game too :)), it's gonna be played on 7th Semptember. Can we make picks on next days??

You can choose any game/event at Gamebookers, but it must finish before 10.00 (GMT +1) the next day.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 15:51
My pick:

Macedonia-England
Special 06 Sep 03 18:30

Owen Performance

Below 12 points 2.50
Between 12 and 17 points incl. 2.75
Above 17 points 2.63

Bet on Owen Performance Score during the match against FYROM. Player must participate for bets to stand. Performance Score is based on several categories according to OPTAINDEX.COM statistics. The player is awarded 10 points for scoring a goal, 5 points for goal assist, 2 points for a shot on target, 1 point for every won foul and 1 point for a successful pass. The player is deducted 5 points for a red card, 2 points for a yellow card and 2 points for being substituted.

I`m sure Owen will be key figure in today`s game Macedonia-England. I expect him to score(who if not him can score for depleted England squad...) , his style fits to Macedonia defence, one long ball, Owen one on one and goal. Owen will get points forr beign fouled(he will surely be fouled he is always fouled no matter opposition), shoots(he will be main striker of course) and for some passes. This bet is always risky beacuse he can be injured and end of bet. But considering all England injuries Owen will have to be a leader together with Beckham. 17 points is low, in same bet Beckham have margin set as 32 points.

ando
06-09-03, 16:43
Clisjters-Henin 2:0 Odds: 2.00

I cant be bothered wirting up another reason so i just copy and paste what i have already written; to the following i will just add that when Clijsters has beaten Henin 6 of the 8 games have been two set affairs so she doesnt like to screw around, i not as confident on a 2:0 win as much as i would be on a straight up but the value is definately here.

This is shaping up as a great match however i feel it will be a little disapointing final as i expect Kim to finally break her final hoodoo and take this match rather comfortably. H2H its in favour of Kim 8-5 however with this aside lets focus soley on this tournament. Kim has destroyed everyone she has played, Lindsay and Amelie looked like players outside of the top 40, she wants this in a big way as she realises that without the Williams' this is her best ever chance at winning a slam on her surface. Henin has also played good tennis however the match against JC took a lot out of her, she was cramping up towards the end of the game and i feel she played her final a day to early. Kim has the added insentice to reverse the results of the French Open where she wasn't expected to win anyway.

Santa
06-09-03, 16:58
My first POD has to be this one...

Bosnia-Norway X @ 3.20

Too much at stake in this game for both teams. Norway have been in similar situations before where they have to win to apply enough pressure on the competition - and every time it has ended in 0-0 draws. Remember 1994 where Norway had to beat Ireland to advance in the World Cup. It was one of the worst 0-0 games of all times... Or 3 years ago when a victory over Slovenia would secure a place at the European Ch'ships. Uhm... 0-0. It is not that Norway lacks the quality to win these games. I think they do not know how to play with the amount of risk it takes to win games like this. With a high towering one man attack in Tore Andre Flo to aim for I guess this will be yet another dull 0-0.

WhyNot?
06-09-03, 17:16
heya!

nice to see this one going on again!

My pick 4 today:

Italy - Wales :arrow: 1/1 @.75

This is a crucial game for Italy, cause they need to win, in order not to have problems with qualification. After 2-1 defeat in Cardiff, they must win. Now, i took HT/FT and that's because Italy needs to score quick, and not wait till the second half to get this 3 points. GO Italy!

GL all!
BYEZ!

Djape
06-09-03, 18:01
OK Here's my first pick of the competition!

Buffalo Bills vs New England Patriots 1 @1.91
Drew Bledsoe(BUF) is linening up to play his old team and as he says ``If we're not a playoff team, I'll be greatly disappointed.I think that we can beat anybody." That includes 2002 Superbowl champions NE! BUF made some key additions to their team in the offseason (particulary to their defence that alowed allmost 25 pts/game) including linebacker Takeo Spikes and run-stuffing tackle Sam Adams! NE released four-time Pro Bowler safety Lawyer Milloy! He was their Captain and leader for the last 106 games! With NE being 31th theam in Rush defence and Buffalo having Travis Henry who finished fifth in the NFL with 1,438 yards rushing I see a lot of running for BUF in this game which should take just enough of pressure of Drew Bledsoe!

I see a clear home win in this game!!!

And I want also to thank gamebookers for sponsoring this competition!

fecker I only now saw that it's played tommorow 8O
so It'll be a no bet for me today!!!
I'll save my pick for tommorow!!!! :twisted:

paralias
06-09-03, 18:20

You can choose any game/event at Gamebookers, but it must finish before 10.00 (GMT +1) the next day.

I have to be honest, i was wondering if this 10.00 was in the morning the next day. But i guess i am right with this pick since we will also have to have the "pick of the night" regarding SA, NBA, MLB and some other american sports hehehehe ;).

If there's any problem though, pls just let me know :).

See u.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 18:27
Paralias, Peru-Paraguay is on 3.00 so before 10.00(GMT+1) so pick is correct just as all american sports. :)

tahoma
06-09-03, 19:48
Ok, finally it's time for me to post my pick of the day:

Italy - Wales under 2.5 goals @ 1.85

A lot of discussions about this game in the forum. Italy will miss Totti up front. Wales will only have one striker in this game and they're expected to play defensivly to get a draw. Italy's defence is strong, so I don't think Wales will score. Italy sometimes has problems scoring at home against defensive teams, and I think Wales can hold 0-0 a long time. Italy is the favourite to win and the team will probably get 3 points as well, but I can't see a big victory today. At most, Italy will score two goals, but as I said, Wales will not struggle a lot to score if the game is scoreless. I'm surprised that no one took this bet before me. 1.85 is enough.

--------------------------

fafko, pick another bet, IKARUS took Italy to win (1X2) first.

one-two, thanks for the tip about Barnsley! I took them at 2.60! Maybe you took the lead with that pick? :)

mistro, yes, Sweden will probably lose big today as well. Yesterday I took Sweden +14.5 for fun, but they lost with 52-99! :roll: I'm big on S/M -18.5!

PRAG ("Choosing picks just from Gamebookers does present certain limitations, but what the heck, it's a fun game anyway..." yes, but maybe it's even more realistic since no one have accounts with all bookies. I guess the majority of all tipsters use 1-3 bookies.

juankaan, sorry but since the guest didn't login, his pick won't count and your pick will be the over-bet. Macedonia scored the first goal as you predicted, but the score is now 1-1, so I hope you win anyway.

Arbiter, send me a private message with the result of your pick later. I don't have all that time you have to browse the internet! :wink:

Good luck!

artnow
06-09-03, 20:35
my tip :idea: :
ECH
ITALY(-1.0)-Wales(+1.0) tip 1 ,odd 1.95 ,Expect

I think Italy team is several class better and win with minimum 2 goals difference.Simply after Wales conceded first goal they will try to draw and one of counterattack brings another.Probable result 2-0 or 3-0.
HOWGH.

Koffieboer
06-09-03, 23:10
IKARUS italy 1.37 won +37
Computer Guy hereford 1.93 won +93 (*)
Celt1 bosnia draw-ht 2.05 won +105
BgSoccerFan czech 1.35 won +35
S'pore's son silkeborg 1.42 won +42
FiDu poland 2.35 won +135
Gans ireland 2.35 lost -100
megapoxy albion 1.65 lost -100
Prija latvia draw 3.20 lost -100
casabel bosnia under 1.65 won +65
one-two barnsley 2.40 won +140
DUKSY nalbandian 1st set 2.90 won +190
Dingo rushden over 1.65 lost -100
Prague czech under 1.95 lost
Beezeri milwall 2.70 lost -100
mistro serbia -19½ bask. 1.90 lost -100
Lakini hamburg handb. 1.65 won +65
John_JUVE greece bask. 1.45 won +45
paralias peru 2.30 ?won +130
Daneck ukraine under 2.05 win +105
GaryB clijsters 1.60 lost -100
kale luton 2.35 lost -100
MalaVida greece 1.35 won +35
Bet killer germany 1.60 lost -100
PRAG turkey bask. 2.50 lost -100
kocur argentina (0:1½) 1.80 lost -100
UnderOver1979 italy -5/4 1.90 won +90
juankaan england over 1.90 won +90
Turk2005 finland 1.70 won +70
Arbiter E. owen -17 p 2.63 lost -100
ando clijsters 2-0 2.00 lost -100
WhyNot? italy 1/1 ?.75 lost -100
tahoma italy under 1.85 lost -100

fafko - disallowed pick
Santa - disallowed pick
Djape - wrong date
artnow - disallowed pick

(*): message edited after the start of play: next time will be a disqualification
Here is a list of picks, with results (if known). This doesn't mean all people in this list have entered the competition though. Some people really need to read the rules (other thread in this subforum) first.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 23:14
Koffie, how much points Owen scored in match because I coudln`t find this score anywhere? Just curious.

Koffieboer
06-09-03, 23:17
Koffie, how much points Owen scored in match because I coudln`t find this score anywhere? Just curious.Such a stupid bet is lost until you prove otherwise. No offence, but you don't expect the updaters of this competition to look for hard to find facts that most probably show a loss? Without a goal (and at most 1 assist) it will be difficult.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
06-09-03, 23:20
Koffie, how much points Owen scored in match because I coudln`t find this score anywhere? Just curious.Such a stupid bet is lost until you prove otherwise. No offence, but you don't expect the updaters of this competition to look for hard to find facts that most probably show a loss? Without a goal (and at most 1 assist) it will be difficult.Mhm, stupid... Thanks.

Koffieboer
06-09-03, 23:24
Yeah well, think about it.
pick-of-the-day
Is such a bet really the best you can find on a saturday? I know you people are very enthousiastic about the competition, but the aim is to collect very good picks and not 'gambles' like pointstotals, number of corners, and you know what i mean

Lakini
06-09-03, 23:55
Mhm, stupid... Thanks.

I agree with Koffie. It is not possible yet to find the score for Owen, but I think you lost it. He didn't score a goal, and I think Heskey gave the assist to Rooney.

Next time choose a pick that is less complicated! Betting can be sooo easy, it's 1, X, 2 or 3, 1, 0 or H, D, A however you may call it..:)

Arbiter Elegantiarum
07-09-03, 00:02
Mhm, stupid... Thanks.

I agree with Koffie. It is not possible yet to find the score for Owen, but I think you lost it. He didn't score a goal, and I think Heskey gave the assist to Rooney.

Next time choose a pick that is less complicated! Betting can be sooo easy, it's 1, X, 2 or 3, 1, 0 or H, D, A however you may call it..:)10 succesul passes, 5 won fouls and 2 shots at goals and bet is won. Impossible? Tommorow stats will be on planetfootball I guess.

and i won`t prefer calling my bets stupid

CG
07-09-03, 00:08

(*): message edited after the start of play: next time will be a disqualification

So if i edit my pick to give the result and help Tahoma with checking/recording my selections I will get disqualified???? 8O 8O 8O 8O

Fine, I withdraw from the competition.

Lakini
07-09-03, 00:24

So if i edit my pick to give the result and help Tahoma with checking/recording my selections I will get disqualified???? 8O 8O 8O 8O

Ah no! This is just a general rule, nothing personal! Cause everybody could change then H to A or A to H etc. later. Koffie didn't point at you.

IKARUS
07-09-03, 00:30
This Arbiter`s bet isn`t stupid(at least in my point of view).But Arbiter - if your datas are correct...10 succesul passes, 5 won fouls and 2 shots at goals...that would be 19 points,right? But Owen was substituted and that will take 2 points from him,so he`s on the 17 points,and you took above 17.So,I guess that the bookies did nice job when setting the margin on 17.

artnow
07-09-03, 00:50
Here is a list of picks, with results (if known). This doesn't mean all people in this list have entered the competition though. Some people really need to read the rules (other thread in this subforum) first.

Thnkx Koffie for understanding(several people made bigger fault).
I only wrote Expect (do you know such bookie Expect) :?:
I know EXPEKT,but you don't like me because and you to overlook any opportunity revenge.

Lakini
07-09-03, 01:03
I only wrote Expect (do you know such bookie Expect) :?:
I know EXPEKT,but you don't like me because and you to overlook any opportunity revenge.

Nobody knows Expekt in this competition except you! There are rules, and I also would like you to read the rules again. And I personally think you overestimate yourself, Koffie's got more important things to do than taking avenge.

Santa
07-09-03, 01:21
Just curious as to why my pick was disallowed? I know the bet lost and I would actually be better off without the bet right now. But after reading the rules - once again - I still don't understand why?

Lakini
07-09-03, 01:35
Just curious as to why my pick was disallowed? I know the bet lost and I would actually be better off without the bet right now. But after reading the rules - once again - I still don't understand why?

I agree there, why it was disallowed??? 3.25 on X at GB, noone had it before...so what?

juankaan
07-09-03, 08:36

Come on CG !!!

a competition without you is something like a world cup without turkey !!!

Waiting for your 2nd pick :wink:

Good Luck banker mania ...

Let's kick emm all !!!

CG
07-09-03, 09:26
a competition without you is something like a world cup without turkey !!!

Turkey?

World Cup?

No, no, JK, we eat turkey at Xmas, not during the World Cup 8O :wink:

Koffieboer
07-09-03, 10:54
Sorry, Santa, I mixed up the Latvia-draw and the Bosnia-under when I wanted to add your Bosnia-draw, I thought it was a double pick.
Celt1 bosnia draw-ht 2.05 won +105
BgSoccerFan czech 1.35 won +35
S'pore's son silkeborg 1.42 won +42
FiDu poland 2.35 won +135
Gans ireland 2.35 lost -100
megapoxy albion 1.65 lost -100
Prija latvia draw 3.20 lost -100
casabel bosnia under 1.65 won +65
one-two barnsley 2.40 won +140
DUKSY nalbandian 1st set 2.90 won +190
Dingo rushden over 1.65 lost -100
Prague czech under 1.95 lost -100
Beezeri milwall 2.70 lost -100
mistro serbia -19½ bask. 1.90 ??
Lakini hamburg handb. 1.65 ??
John_JUVE greece bask. 1.45 ??
paralias peru 2.30 won +130
Daneck ukraine under 2.05 won +105
GaryB clijsters 1.60 lost -100
kale luton 2.35 lost -100
MalaVida greece 1.35 won +35
Bet killer germany 1.60 lost -100
PRAG turkey bask. 2.50 ??
kocur argentina (0:1½) 1.80 lost -100
UnderOver1979 italy -5/4 1.90 won +90
juankaan england over 1.90 won +90
Turk2005 finland 1.70 won +70
Arbiter E. owen -17 p 2.63 lost -100
ando clijsters 2-0 2.00 lost -100
Santa bosnia draw 3.20 lost -100
WhyNot? italy 1/1 ?.75 lost -100
tahoma italy under 1.85 lost -100

fafko - disallowed pick
Djape - wrong date
artnow - disallowed pick

Two more things, Computer Guy must understand that editing the message afterwards is not allowed, even if it is meant to be helpful. It's better to reply to the thread with difficult to find results. And artnow used a handicap on Italy, which was slightly different than the handicap UnderOver1979 used, because it was at a different bookmaker. If he had taken it at Gamebookers, it would have been a double pick. We had Italy straight, Italy -1 1/4, Italy 1/1, Italy under; this match was practically empty for the competition anyway.

paralias
07-09-03, 11:44
Hey GC, don't even think of withdrawing. I guess that when senior members point out the mistakes of other senior members is good for the new users of the forum to see that there r no exceptions.

Same goes to u artnow... No big deal after all. It's a game, isn't it? Take my points instead if it's so important, no prob!

Don't make life harder, smile a little bit...

See u.