PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea - Charlton 22/01/2006

ChristopherBG
21-01-06, 08:02
1.14 6.75 17.00 Sportingbet

Drogba is on international duty, while Robben is suspended after being sent off against Sunderland, so the attacking duo should be Hernan Crespo+Carlton Cole.
Charlton will miss Gonzalo Sorondo (injured) and El Karkuri (on Africa Cup of Nations).

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Ferreira, Johnson, Gallas, Carvalho, del Horno, Terry, Huth, Makelele, Lampard, Diarra, Gudjohnsen, Maniche, Duff, Crespo, J Cole, C Cole, Wright-Phillips.

Charlton (from): Myhre, Young, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Powell, Rommedahl, Kishishev, Holland, Hughes, D Bent, Bartlett, M Bent, Kiely, Andersen, Murphy, Thomas, Bothroyd, Ambrose, Lisbie, Perry, Spector.

Zozo the Duke
22-01-06, 00:15
I had a really bad day and I hope that you are not followed my tips and you are not angry. I really do my best to write this predictions but I haven't much luck lately :(

Here is my pick on the main page:

2006-01-22 Chelsea (-1.5) - Charlton (+1.5)

Charlton eliminated Chelsea in the Carling Cup at Stamford Bridge on penalties. Although Chelsea wasn’t playing with their strongest team, that elimination certainly hurt Mourinho and his pride.

Charlton will be playing without pressure because no one, even the players themselves are not expecting anything from this match. Curbishley rates this underdog situation as plus because they are going on Stamford Bridge with no pressure and they will try to give their best to get something from the giant.

What to say about mighty Chelsea. They have 20 wins in 22 matches in Premier so far. This kind of domination frustrates every Chelsea rival. But, Mourinho knows what is doing. And he is doing very well. Chelsea struggled a bit in the first half against Sunderland, but in the second half they showed their class and won 1:2.

Chelsea at home has 100% 11 wins from 11 matches. 6 of them were with more than one goal difference. Charlton is playing better away then at home, but now they are in vary bad position winning only 9 points in their last 10 matches. Charlton lost only 4 matches and 3 of them were with more than one goal.

For Chelsea, Drogba is on international duty and that means that Crespo will be first option in the attack. Robben is suspended and Essien is injured.

For Charlton, Marcus Bent will have his debut in the team after coming from Everton. He will be striking partner to Darren Bent. For this match Smertin will not play because he is on loan from Chelsea. El Karkoury, player who is very important to the team is on international duty and Sorondo is injured.

Good news for Curbishley is returning of Murphy to the team. Holland, Murphy and Rommendahl are pulling all the strings in the midfield. I think that the midfield is the strongest Charlton weapon, but when they match midfield with quality like Chelsea’s midfield, they look a bit lost.

I expect Chelsea to dominate and not to pull back after leading by one, because Mourinho will give his best to revenge for the early Carling Cup elimination. Another factor is that the main “contenders” for the title are playing each other (Man. Utd – Liverpool) and with win they will eliminate one of them for sure.

First match Chelsea won with 0:2

Pick: H, Odds: 1.68, Stake: 6, Bookmaker: 10bet

GL

snelborn
22-01-06, 00:34
I have to disagree with ChristopherBG. It's very rare for Chelsea to play with two strikers and I don't see this changing tomorrow.

The team news from the BBC website is as follows:-

Chelsea could hand new loan signing Nuno Maniche his debut.

Didier Drogba is on international duty so Hernan Crespo and Carlton Cole compete for the striker's role, while Arjen Robben is suspended.

Charlton's Marcus Bent may have to settle for a place on the bench, while Alexei Smertin is not allowed to play.

Danny Murphy, Jerome Thomas, Stephan Andersen and Jay Bothroyd are available but Gonzalo Sorondo is injured and Talal El Karkouri is away with Morocco.

I would expect to see a Chelsea XI as follows: Cech - Ferreira, Gallas, Terry, Del Horno - Makelele, Lampard, Gudjohnsen - J Cole, Duff, Crespo.

The only sides Charlton have beaten lately are Birmingham and Sunderland (both relegation fodder) and local rivals West Ham. Generally whenever they've come up against anyone of quality they've been beaten, and this is highly unlikely to change against the best side in the land. Realistically, if they've been beaten away to the likes of Everton, Wigan, Aston Villa and Blackburn, then what chance do they have at Chelsea?

A Chelsea home win is one of the strongest bets of the weekend, but be wary of the handicap, as Chelsea don't care whether they win 1-0 or 5-0, as long as they win. I think they're best placed as a straight win in a combo personally.

Zozo the Duke
22-01-06, 01:09
I would expect to see a Chelsea XI as follows: Cech - Ferreira, Gallas, Terry, Del Horno - Makelele, Lampard, Gudjohnsen - J Cole, Duff, Crespo.
I think they're best placed as a straight win in a combo personally.

First of all, snelborn, welcome to BettingAdvice. I hope we will have nice and long cooperation.

It is good to pick handicap and then cover with 1:0 with odds 8.00 8O

I think that Gudjohnsen, altough played great in this new possition for him, will be replaced by Mourinho's favorite player, Maniche. This is rated as easier match for Chelsea and probably will give chance to Maniche to adapt to the new team.

victory_73
22-01-06, 03:20
Yesterday ZOZO's predictions about EPL are fantastic.

Good Money :evil:

Satyr
22-01-06, 06:35

warning number 1.

why don't you try predicting, smartass?

ChristopherBG
22-01-06, 08:36
Chelsea has 11 home wins at home out of the same number of games. Last season they finished 14-5-0 so I'm starting to wonder whether it's time for their first home draw. Even if that might not happen vs. Charlton, their schedule 'till the the end of the season suggests a draw or two are very possible. With the odds for a draw in Chelsea games being quite high, a system of steadily increasing staking on the following 8 matches at Stamford Bridge might bring some profit.

Fixtures :

22 Jan Chelsea - Charlton
05 Feb Chelsea - Liverpool
25 Feb Chelsea - Portsmouth
11 Mar Chelsea - Tottenham
25 Mar Chelsea - Man City
09 Apr Chelsea - West Ham
17 Apr Chelsea - Everton
29 Apr Chelsea - Man Utd

I'm not saying they couldn't finish 19-0-0, given Mourinho's compex of inferiority and his attempt to win everything but the fact is they play worse than the last season, although winning more often. With the title almost sure, Champions League matches starting in February and Drogba away on international duty for a month failing to win couple times at home looks very likely to me.
As for today's match, two of the most creative players - Drogba and Robben won't be available. Charlton already harmed Chelsea by knocking them off the Carling Cup (at Stamford Bridge) so it's not gonna be mission impossible. GL !

Benfikista
22-01-06, 11:46

Hey... only the ones that MAKE predictions fail... the others simply criticise, which is much easier, right ??
After the games are played, even I am a Master at betting... come'on mate... don't make a fool of yourself... I also lost money on Arsenal and Boro, but I pretty much appreciate Zozo's previews and tips.

Anyway, I wish u guys a good Sunday !!

Zozo the Duke
22-01-06, 12:06

I am sorry :cry: :oops:

Yesterday was really bad day for me. You have not to remind me of that. I know how much money I lost.

Thank for the guys who are supporting me. I'll give my best to payback them.

two of the most creative players - Drogba and Robben won't be available

It is true, but in my opinion, it is same who will be playing, Robben of Duff. Both are great players. But, Crespo I rate weaker player that Drogba. Drogba is very strong on high balls and that makes crosses from the wings more danferous.

I still believe in Chelsea win with more that one goal, because Mourinho revenge. Also I am considering over 2.5 goals bet.

And to mention that Mourinho is holding 10 wins in a row record and he will give his best that record to be as big as possible.

manutd07
22-01-06, 12:19
ZoZo, thank you for all your picks, there are bad days,
Wish you the best.