PDA

View Full Version : Thursday races at Redcar

SenD
31-08-05, 20:37
Previews for all tommorow races which will be taken in Redcar:

2:10

5f Class 6 Cockle Maiden Auction Stakes (2-0yo)
A equal race with some nice horses going to start there. The first odds favourite is Great Chieftain, trained by R A Fahey. This 2yo gelding has got 2 starts so far, as he took 7th place in Class 5 race in Carlisle at the start of the May, and then, in Class 6 he took 4th place with 2.62 distance to the winner. Tommorow will surely fight for a win, but as last races was taken some time ago it will be hard to take it. If any, my vote would go to the The Terrier, 2yo filly trained by the Swinbank. Her record is 4th place in Class 5 race and 3rd then in Class 6. But as the horse was starting with quite strong opponents, tommorow will have got less problems. Also she will carry on the less weight, 8 st and 2 lb, which should be useful. What's next, my bet goes to the Phinerine, which should be paid really nice in the morning. It is a great underdog in the race, as some recent races were recorded with 2nd place taken in Hayden and then 5th in Catterick. What's on the minus is the weight, as 8st 9lb is the same like Great Chieftain will be carrying. All could happen, but small bets on Terrier and Phinerine should be taken.

2:40
7f Class 5 Pertemps Employment Alliance Nursery Handicap (2-0yo)
What's the best to do here is to leave this one alone. 17 horses on a starting list, too much to make any bet here, but maybe about some favourites. First Empire has been opened with 17/5 in the BF, after making impressive runs in Beverley and York. In Beverly Wallace's horse managed to take a sure win with a 1 1/2 lenghts clear to the second The Buck. After that, in Class 2 Malton Nursery Handicap was 3rd, just after favourite Nihal and Renderoc. Tommorow will carry the highest weight, what won't be useful at all. Kilbarri hasgot 3 runs so far, 534 is the record and some patient on this horse is needed for sure. Moody Tunes with a 546 could also be dangerous, but also will carry some weight, like Empire. I won't trust Chase The Ace, which comes after only fourth place in Class 6 race in Newcastle, first on the 7 furlongs for this horse. As I said, it's hard to tell anything here, best bet would be no bet.

3:10
6f Class 5 Constant Security Handicap (3yo plus)
Even a harder one than last. I would risk to say, that all horses has got chances to win this one, with Flying Edge with the best chances IMO to win this one. Form is drifting, but this gelding doesn't like to start here, in Redcar...

3:40
1m 0f Class 5 Carlsberg Straight-Mile Championship Claiming Stakes (Qual) (3yo plus)

Qualies to the Carlsberg Championship race, and a clear mile to come. Mystic Man is one, which can't really find normal form and has got some great races, which are crossing with bad ones. Sawwaah will be the best bet for me here, as surely I will take it for EW, three second places taken in a row has to mean something, all were lost quite 'unfair' for the horse, tommorow I belive that with 9st 1lb the run will be just better. True Night had only races in Class 2, 3 and 4 and without any results. What I think is that tommorow laying here would be nice.

4:10
7f Class 4 Marcus Design & Build Ltd Classified Stakes (3yo plus)
The best bet for today comes from this race, as Digital comes after a mistake race in Epsom in Class 3, where he was only 7th from possible 8.Before that great races were taken in Class 5 and I belive that making them again is a just a while. The opponents aren't so hard to beat, as Conjuror has got true problems when running on 7 furlongs and Trafalgar Square is just 3yo, which is comparisation with Digital's 8 is just a kid. Flur Na H Alba also got true problems on seven furlongs and Young Mr Grace, after being relegated from Class 3 races has got bad form... The last one, Circuit Dancer, also has got problems on seven furlongs and doesn't like to run in Redcar.

4:40
1m 1f Class 5 Crab Maiden Stakes (3yo plus)
Two newcomers, Jalldee and Pallas Royale and the race is unpredictable. We don't know, what Jalldee, trained by Saeed Bin Suroor can do, and the same with Pallas, trained by Johnston. Jack The Giant is more than likely for me here, as has got nice results recenlty, but bad runs on 10 furlongs... Tommorow it will be the first start on 9f, so maybe... What has to be done here, is watching the market and taking the favourite with small stake.

5:10
1m 6f 19yrds Class 6 Clam Handicap (3yo plus)
Last race of the day and this is one, which I will trust with medium stake - Bartra Rock. Best runs made in last races, unlucky lost both last, Swinbank, trainer, has got quite nice races... And it's Class 6 race, wneh Rock was starting there, took 2nd place with only a neck to the winner. Tommorow race will be surely, surely better, as opponents are quite easy to beat. Whispering Death took only 5th place in last race with poor form, Toni Alcala has got good form, but without a win this year. Rouge Et Noir form is drifting, but not on 14 furlongs, Considine the same. Others paid 10/1 or more aren't worth any words in my opinion, so it's second main bet for me for tommorow.

Hope that these words will help anyone.

Feel free to post comments here

Greets

SenD

SenD
01-09-05, 06:24
Some early prices from Betfair:

2:10
The Terrier 2/1, Great Chieftain 3/1, Phinerine 35/2
2:40
First Empire 21/5, Kilbarri 21/5, Chase The Ace 42/5,
3:10
Blue Knight 49/10, Raccoon 33/5, Flying Edge 19/2
3:40
Sawwaah 31/10, Mystic Man 4/1, Dark Charm 49/10
4:10
Conjuror 5/2, Trafalgar Square 17/5, Digital 4/1 :!:
4:40
Jalldee 9/4, Gjovic 31/10, Jack The Giant 29/5
5:10
Bartra Rock 13/7, Whispering Death 23/5, Toni Alcala 28/5

In bold are my main bets for today.
In italic are my favourite underdogs for today.

What has shocked me, is 4/1 odd for Digital, as I've been expecting something like 2/1 or even less. Surely the odd will fell down, but we have to wait for early prices added from bookies. Bartra Rock has got little less odd than I've been expecting, but anyway 13/7 is worth a medium stake.

Greets

SenD

SenD
01-09-05, 13:59
2.10: Redcar
1st 8 The Terrier 5-2 F
2nd 7 Quadrophenia 12-1
3rd 1 Great Chieftain (IRE) 7-2

A great opener has been made, The Terrier won with some distance to the second newcomer Quadrophenia. Hope some of you took this one.

Greets

SenD

SenD
01-09-05, 18:36
A summary as follows... 4 main bets were taken for today, 3 were won, and if you would follow them, all with 10e with the stake, you would make a profit of about 65e... Quite nice it is I belive, hope for next cards with such results. Anyway, some thoughts for tommorow will be added soon, in 2 hours.

Greets

SenD