PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 26/4

tahoma
25-04-03, 21:05
No time to write any comments, just post your pick of the day!

I promise to update the standings on Saturday!

25-04-03, 21:26
Hoping for a come back since my last picks were wrong, I'll take an easy (?!) one from EPL.

Sunderland-Newcastle...2...(1,67 SportingOdds & Bet365 / 1,65 Betclass & Centrebet / 1,63 GBs / 1,61 WH / 1,55 betandwin & interwetten

I believe there is no need for special analysis. The fact that Newcastle is after a place for CH.L. and Sunderland has lost all of the last 12 games I think is enough.

Good luck to your picks.

Caesar
25-04-03, 21:27
I did it again :oops:

CG
25-04-03, 21:40
READING v Grimsby Town 1 1.40 @ Bet365, Centrebet, Expekt, Globet, PremierBet and more

Comments here http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7391

GOOZ
25-04-03, 21:49
MLS Columbus v New York 1 1.98 @ Canbet

New York is 0-1-1, and need to learn to play with each other with all of the new faces they have this year. They were lucky to get the draw at home against a tired LA side, as LA outplayed them. The most positive aspect of New York that I saw last week was the presence of new midfielder Gueverra from Honduras. Very dangerous player. He will not play in this game as he was called away to duty with his national team in CONCACAF play. Now New York has to go on the road and play one of the best home teams in the league, Columbus. The are 2-1-0 this year, with there only draw coming at home against LA, off a miskicked ball that provided a cross to LA forward Ruiz who headed it in for the Galaxy's only goal. Columbus still had several chances but LA's keeper kept the game knotted at ones. Columbus will be without ineffective defender Chad Mcarty, but more importantly, forward Edson Buddle will sit out due to injury. No worries though, as Columbus are very deep in Forward talent, and Brian West and Jeff Cunningham are very capable of pairing up with Brian Mcbride up front. Home win!

Lyd
25-04-03, 22:07
My pick:

Schalke 04 - Bochum 1 1.57@Bet365

After coach change, Schalke started to play much better and to produce good results. They are now four games without defeat and have straight two wins. On the other side, after bad streak, Bochum suprisingly won against Stuttgart. Schalke is in chase for European spot, they have good fixture list too. I think there is still space for improvement for them, and i'll go for a home win here. I think the odds are fair. I expected even lower, but maybe it's because of Bochum's win last week.

Good luck!

Arbiter Elegantiarum
25-04-03, 22:23
Ruch - Widzew under 2.5 1.80 @ Expekt

Prediction here (http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=119)

daystrom
25-04-03, 23:38
Pick of teh day Apr 26/03

Godd thing this post has been made! Having computer problems so i am doing this from my nextdoor neighbour's house.

NHL

Dallas - Ana 2 (+1.5) @ 1.54 Canbet

Ana won game one and the game was very close as I had hoped. I see no change in Ana strategy - tight check and rely on Gigere for great saves. I hope for another close game tomorrow.

glta!

Sonny
25-04-03, 23:43
My pick of the day :

Bolton-Arsenal 2 1,60 Expekt

Arsenal have to win if they want to get Premiership title.No doubts they must win here.Sorry for my short comments but I have to go sleep now after very hard-working day :) ,Good luck everyone

Macak
26-04-03, 00:11
My pick of the day is :

Hamburger - Nurnberg 1 1.55 @ Bets4all.com
There is Lakini explanation which I agreed.

- HSV has not lost in the last seven matches against Nuernberg
- Most important Nuernberg-Player Jarolim (Playmaker) is suspended
- Hamburg is probably going to start very offensive with Takahara, Romeo, Mahdavikia and Barbarez attacking, Cardoso behind them. More defensive would be with argentinian Ledesma instead of Takahara.
- Collin Benyamin and Raphael Wicky are out for this match.
- Nuernberg need every single point they can get - too bad they play at Hamburg in this situation, Hamburg HAS to win to reach UEFA or CL

Hamburg at home is most of the time a banker. But against these so called "small" teams like Nuernberg, Bochum or Cottbus, they always had some difficulties. Anyway, I see Hamburg winning here, even if it could be closer than expected. A lot of times this season Hamburg only won 1:0. Anyway, I see only value in a handicap-bet (I get my stakes back in case of a one goal margin).

Dingo
26-04-03, 01:25
Hi All

My Pick of today .

NBA PLAYOFF

New Orleans vs Philadelphia 76's(-5) 2 . Bet365 :arrow: (2.60)

Phily won first 2 games on series , now series moving to New Orleans

Big troubles for NO as Baron Davis injured knee on 1st match and now fully fit for coming match also Jamal Mashborn the 2nd Star of Team finished season while injured on 2nd match .

I belive 76's gonna Win big time and finish series smoothly 4-0 .

Good luck ALL :wink:

Pavel
26-04-03, 03:29
Hockey WC pool A begins today!

My pick is from Nordicbet:

Switzerland (+2) - Russia (-2) 2 @ 2.25

A bit risky, but still worth it, since all other bookies price this option between 1.85 and 2.00. Russia come with a young team, but this is only to their benefit, since they will have players hungry to score and impress instead of the bunch of tired and spoiled superstars making up their previous teams. Swiss are a very decent team; I expect the Russians to have difficulties in beating the handicap, but still beat it. Perhaps 4-1 or 5-1...

Apollon
26-04-03, 03:45
My pick of the day is:

Køge vs FC Copenhagen 2 ...1.70@Nordicbet

FC Copenhagen has 4-5 players out of the match because of suspensions and injuries...that will give a great chance to the reserves and their ambitions and fight will lead the team to the victory.

Good luck...

PRAG
26-04-03, 05:18
Good morning everyone !

My pick of the day for Saturday is from English Div.1 :

Crystal Palace FC v Stoke City :arrow: 1 ................................2.45 at Scandic

A strange pick I must admit, since it goes against Stoke's obvious motivation (needs just 1 point to be absolutely safe).... One must consider, however, that this price would have otherwise been outrageously good, as it is it's the best price for a home win this weekend in Div.1 !!! Due to Stoke's motivation all the bookies (who, needless to say, have a firm grip on this particular division) have been slashing the draw, a very likely result anyway, considering the home/away numbers of these two teams...
I propose that Palace, strengthened by the timely return of 4 first-team players, may just play for the home fans this Saturday afternoon ! It's the last game of the season for the home supporters, since the team will be away at the Gills next weekend... Stoke will fight for the draw and , in all honesty, if you want to safely bet on this match, 1X looks guaranteed :!: I always take risks for myself, but advise the safest option I can for the others :D

Good luck to all 8)

Prague
26-04-03, 06:59
Olomouc - Pribram...home win with 2.0 at Bet&Win

http://prod.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=64

BgSoccerFan
26-04-03, 08:31
My pick for today is from EPL :

Everton - Aston Villa 1 1.90 @ UKBetting

Everton are usually strong home team and they now need to win this game to keep fighting for Champions League places. They are 4 points behind and they can't afford to loose any points. Radzinski is expected to return in play for Everton. On the other side Aston Villa are very bad away team and they have nothing to play for so I expect home win here.

jinx
26-04-03, 09:18
My pick of the day:

International, World Championship, Ice Hockey - United States of America - Denmark - United States of America (AH -2.5) @ 1.90 with GoldBet

United States of America has clearly a better team. An easy 3 goal win for them... :wink:

kojic2003
26-04-03, 09:23
Stuttgart-Hansa X/1(ht/ft)@4.35..........gamebookers

I really have feeling about this choice.This match will not be easy for home team,because Hansa play better football on road and last 5 matches between them were very close(1:1,2:1,1:1,1:0,1:1).

Palini
26-04-03, 09:59
My pick today is:

Örebro-Djurgården 2 ---> 2.10 @MrBookmaker

A top team, with everything going their way at the moment, seem pretty unstopable to me. See three predictions about this game at:

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=179

Macak
26-04-03, 10:25
My pick of the day is :

Hamburger - Nurnberg 1 1.55 @ Bets4all.com
There is Lakini explanation which I agreed.

- HSV has not lost in the last seven matches against Nuernberg
- Most important Nuernberg-Player Jarolim (Playmaker) is suspended
- Hamburg is probably going to start very offensive with Takahara, Romeo, Mahdavikia and Barbarez attacking, Cardoso behind them. More defensive would be with argentinian Ledesma instead of Takahara.
- Collin Benyamin and Raphael Wicky are out for this match.
- Nuernberg need every single point they can get - too bad they play at Hamburg in this situation, Hamburg HAS to win to reach UEFA or CL

Hamburg at home is most of the time a banker. But against these so called "small" teams like Nuernberg, Bochum or Cottbus, they always had some difficulties. Anyway, I see Hamburg winning here, even if it could be closer than expected. A lot of times this season Hamburg only won 1:0. Anyway, I see only value in a handicap-bet (I get my stakes back in case of a one goal margin).

I`ll change my bet from Hamburg. I`ts OK Tahoma games not started

My pick of the day is :

Horsens - Skjold X 3.75 @ eurobet.com

My explanation is that in Skjold team missed five player from firts eleven.
Horsens is weak but Skjold is in not form and I dont see any goal from both side. Little recomandation is little stake an X/X.

loyalblue
26-04-03, 10:54
Afl football - Carlton v Kangaroos

Carlton to win @ 2.50 (Darwin)

A bit of a risky one here but the Kangaroos suffered an embarrasing defeat on their travels to Fremantle last week (45pts). Carlton played a good first half against in form Port Adelaide but failed dismally in the 3rd quarter. Carlton lost by 30pts but there were some goods signs.

Latest reports are saying that key forward for the Roos, Saverio Rocca is a late withdrawal.

Key forward for Carlton, Corey McKernan, returns to face his old team. This will also be Dennis Pagan's (Carlton manager) first shot against his old club whom he served so well.

Form to date: Kangaroos (LDWW) Carlton (LLWL)

apriori
26-04-03, 11:14
Hi,

my pick of the day:

Ferrero J.C. v Safin M. Set Betting :arrow: 2:0 :arrow: 1,90 GB

Juan Carlos in a great form last days. For higher risky I take 2:0 for him.
greatings
apriori

Blackhol3
26-04-03, 11:16
Chelsea - Fulham 1 - 1.44@Betfair
See prediction here:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=17

:arrow: Comment: exchange bookies are not allowed, but since the pick was wrong anyway a penalty of -100 points is awarded for this pick. Better luck next time.

joaquimpeiro
26-04-03, 11:32
MY PICK OF THE DAY IS BRAGA-BENFICA 2 - 1.90 - AEBET (:arrow: Comment: not in the list)
===============================================
PORTUGAL - CAMPEONATO NACIONAL - 29TH ROUND
THE ODD NEAR EVERY EVENT IS THE AVERAGE ODD
26/4/2003
------------
19:45 Braga-Benfica 2-1.77 / OVER-1.68
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE BEST ODD FOR 2 IS 1.90 AT AEBET
THE BEST ODD FOR OVER IS 2.00 AT PLANET PINNACLE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benfica is in the second place in Portoguese Campeonato nacional with 62 points obtained with 19W-5D-4L and 59 goals scored and 21 endured.
The external score of Benfica is 9W-2D-3L with 30 goals scored and 14 endured.
Braga is 5 points over the relegation zone,they have 32 points obtained with 7W-11D-10 L,25 goals scored and 38 goals endured.
The internal score of Braga is 6W-6D-2L,with 16 goals scored and 12 endured.
You have to consider the internal score of Braga thinking that in this championship every team can win against every other teams at home because the general level is very equilibrate.
But I add that Porto,Benfica and Sporting play another championship and they usually win almost all the matches at home and away.
Let's see the condition of form of the two teams now.
Braga obtained 4 points in the last 6 matches.
Benfica obtained 15 points in the last 6 matches (they won all the matches and they lost against Porto,that is ruling in Portoguese Campeonato Nacional).
These are the last six results of the two teams
------------------------------------------------------
BRAGA
21/02 Braga-Belenenses 1-1
03/03 Boavista-Braga 2-1
16/03 Braga-Gil Vicente 0-0
23/03 Guimaraes-Braga 1-1
06/04 Braga-Maritimo 0-1
19/04 Beira Mar-Braga 2-2
BENFICA
22/02 Setubal-Benfica 2-6
04/03 Benfica-Porto 0-1
15/03 Academica-Benfica 1-4
22/03 Benfica-Santa Clara 1-0
05/04 Ferreira-Benfica 1-3
21/04 Benfica-Varzim 2-1
My conclusion is that Benfica is clearly stronger than Braga and clearly in better conditions than Braga.
I see a sure away win hera,and probably with a big result and a sure OVER

Bridges
26-04-03, 11:37
Sogndal - Tromsø 1 2,05 at Nordicbet

Sogndal have impressed me two first round and it seams like all their promising youngsters is beginig to find their potensial and if thats right I think Sogndal can do a very good season,

Tromsø scoring lots of goals with promising Gamst Pdersen and big strong Kovacs on top in a quit offansiv style of football. But with the offansiv style and espessily poor goalkeeper Tøllefsen they also get a lot of goals against.

I think Sogndal have much selfconfidense after two first matches and beat the normaly weak away team Tromsø.

Lestat
26-04-03, 11:38
my pick of the day:

26/4/03 16:00
UT Arad - Dinamo Bucuresti 1 @3.00 Globet

they have to win this one to keep hope
dinamo is very weak now
if it is played on the field great chance for UTA

ero
26-04-03, 12:48
Hi,

same story as with apriori's pick:

Moya C. v Calleri A. 2:0 1.80 @ GB

Odds here are even lower as with Ferrero J.C. v Safin M. match so i guess it's a sure bet :)

Ero!

Beezeri
26-04-03, 13:03
I'll go with a big risk again

Preston - Bradford 1/1 @ 2.65 (Unibet)

Bradford manager Nicky Law might give some youngsters a chance to prove themselves at the 1st team level as the Bantams has really notnight to play for in this match.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From BBC Sports:

Preston could be boosted with a return of top striker Richard Cresswell but Michael Jackson is doubtful with a shoulder injury.Marlon Broomes featured for the reserves in midweek and could earn a recall after a hamstring injury.

Strikers Ashley Ward (rib) and Danny Cadamarteri (tendonitis) will miss City's last two games. Australian midfielder Paul Reid is ruled out of the clash. Trialist Frazer McHugh is likely to keep his place in the Bradford starting line-up when they travel to North End. The former Swindon midfielder was one of few players to make an impact in the Bantams' 1-0 defeat by Gillingham on Monday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team forms:

8. (12) Preston 22 10 7 5 43 - 29 37
14. (12) Preston 6 2 2 2 8 - 10 8
15. (12) Preston 3 1 2 0 5 - 3 5

13. (17) Bradford 21 7 2 12 24 - 34 23
18. (17) Bradford 6 2 0 4 6 - 7 6
12. (17) Bradford 3 1 0 2 4 - 4 3

Yannisss
26-04-03, 13:11
Hi my pick for today

Elazig-Besiktas 2/2 @2,20 EUROBET

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=107

G luck 2 all of you

strandns
26-04-03, 13:14
VfL Wolfsburg v Bayern München 2 2.15 @GAMEBOOKERS
Bayern München has not won 3 games in a roll, and that's not something what we see often. Those odds on them are huge, and I'm sure that we won't see such again.

champ1905
26-04-03, 13:18
my pick of the day is Denizli-Kocaelispor 1 1.7@ sportingbet

denizli is 12th and kocaeli is 18th at the bottom of the table.i think they will relegate from the super league of turkey this year.both teams are bad at the moment.kocaeli coach resigned from his job at the midweek and they have no new coach yet.this match is a chance for denizli.it is the time for exploding.mustafa özkan and ali tando***287;an both suspended for denizli.2 1 11 away record of kocaeli and 6 4 4 home record of denizli

good luck

SpEEdY
26-04-03, 13:22
English Premiere:

Sunderland - Newcastle HT/FT 2/2 @ 2.60 with Internet1X2

There are allready some comments about this game here on the forum.. Sunderland are allready relegated and have no hopes.. On the other hand Newcastle want the place for CL bad... BIg win for them on the cards... :wink:

Lao
26-04-03, 13:24
Once again swedish trotting pick

King Concrete to win @3.45 with Unibet
Sweden Trotting Umåker race 10

King Concrete with kusk Erik Adielsson (champion of Sweden) is a favourite of this race with great prize for winner.

Results find here www.atg.se (http://www.atg.se/ResultatForstaSidaServlet)

moroa
26-04-03, 13:46
ODD GRENLAND-BRYNE 1 @1.45 EXPECT

Read http://www.infobetting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3450&start=25

Szninkiel
26-04-03, 14:47
My pick:

HSV v NUNBERG Under - 2.10 - BETCLASS

I wasn't sure about this under, but after I read professional discussion between JQ and Lakini, my doubts are smaller
http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7441

Lukasz
26-04-03, 14:48
Birmingham-Middlesboro 1
2.22 @ Canbet

This is a pick delivered by a great DIMB system which can be found in Punter's Lounge System and strategy subforum. DIMB has perfomed outstandingly well so far achieving yield of almost 10% over 246 games.

Karl
26-04-03, 14:48
My pick of the day:

Rapid Wien - Bregenz HT/FT 2/2 @8.5 Expekt

Bregenz is in the end of the table.They must win. Rapid is very weak last matches.

DUKSY
26-04-03, 15:13
Hi,my tip for today is:

LAMAS - RIO AVE 2 (1,75 GLOBET)

Rio Ave is clear favourite in this game.
They are 7-1-1 and Lamas is 0-2-6.
They have 50 points and Lamas 18 points.
They are 2nd and Lamas is 18th(Last).
They are Going to 1st and Lamas to 3rd league.
Sorry this is tomorow :oops:

Today's pick is HUELVA - VILLAREAL 1 (2,2 BET365)

Huelva is in graet form and needs win to stay in 1st league.
Villareal is safe in the meadle and i think that Huelva has
better chances.

tomask
26-04-03, 17:11
NBA:

no hornets - philadelphia sixers, 2 sixers to win, 2,22 @ Gamebookers

philly already 2-0 up, no misses it's leading scores jamal mashburn...

See NBA bettingadvice section for preview.

BeeBee
26-04-03, 19:51
My pick tonight is:
PHI 76ers at NO Hornets +2/-2 2 @1,91 Gamebookers

I think this series will be swept by Philly, tonight Hornets play without Mashburn.
Sixers have been playing extremely well in the series and I would have taken the straight win with higher odds if it hadn't been taken already.
Check out the good NBA prediction on the site from TomasK and Moneymaker for more info.

WhyNot?
26-04-03, 21:45
i have to make more picks...

safer ones...

so for today...a late one...

Colorado - DC United 1 @2.1 with expekt

Colorado was a good team last season (4th) with a good home record
they lost the 1st match

i think they'll win

Cheers
paul

GameBoy
26-04-03, 22:12
:wink: Late but not to late!

My pick of the day is from NBA:

PHI 76ers v NO Hornets over 180.5 :arrow: 1.91@GB

Mashburn is out for todays game and Iverson is in great form. I think that this two reasons are more than enough to take PHI like the favourites, but because this bet is already taken I take over like a good bet. After the first game in which he scored 55 points Iverson is ready to do it again, and I think many points will be scored in this game.

bye

Koffieboer
28-04-03, 13:32
Today's results
1.67 1/1 Caesar +67
1.40 1/1 Computer Guy +40
1.98 0/1 GOOZ -100
1.57 0/1 Lyd -100
1.80 0/1 Arbiter E -100
1.54 1/1 daystrom +54
1.60 0/1 Sonny -100
3.75 0/1 Macak -100