PDA

View Full Version : Summer POD 26/08/09

arsenalno1
26-08-09, 05:51
Thanks to our sponsor, Terje Grefstad !!

arsenalno1
26-08-09, 05:55
Pick #17
(11W 2V 3L +1074)

England: Carling Cup (20:45 CET)
NEWCASTLE v HUDDERSFIELD
2 (DNB) @ 4.50 - bet365

PICK LOST

Please go here for the write-up --> http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=69

Alex Lee
26-08-09, 11:11
Pick 17
so far 8-1-7 #+391

UEFA Champions League
Olympiakos Vs Sheriff
Pick: Olympiakos -2.5(AH) (Odd:2.91 from bet365)

PICK LOST

A totally one side game, Olympiakos has hugh motivation to fight for good result, many many people still talking about the surprised early exit of them last season at the same round, a big shame and even a joke, they definitely cannot repeat the same fail again, a big home win will be the perfect compensation for their fans.

Olympiakos`s importance away league game against AEK on Sunday was postponed because the forest fires, will be good for them to more focus in this game, we can see the hugh class different in first leg, even the reserve striker Mitroglou, can show that his skillful and power force are all over the Moldavia team defenders. Sheriff is a toothless team at that moment, they even can`t score in their last league game at home, but after down by two goals in first leg, they have no reason to play defensive football, Olympiakos can get enough space to attack and score.

This is the strongest Olympiakos team compare with recently years, their new sign players Mellberg and Mareska can help them a lot, if they have some luck in the draw two days later, they even have chance to break through the Champions League group stage in my eyes.

Big home win for me, Olympiakos will keep clear sheet and score at least three goals, even they no need to do it.

GL!

invaldo
26-08-09, 11:59
pick#18 (6-1-10) + 141

Champions League qual.

Arsenal - Celtic

PICK WON

Looks like an easy bet.Arsenal are simply flying atm,everything is working out for them,so why take the foot off the gas here?Fabregas has a minor injury,so he'll miss out,and Van Persie will get a breather too,but the squad is way too big to not be able to cope(I got a feeling Wenger could name two starting elevens at any time:)).Eduardo will start and I expect him to shine today.Gunners travel to Manchester on Saturday,but don't go thinking even for a moment,that they'll prioritize-you'll be making a big mistake.I've already said this before-this team is hungry for success and badly wants recognition,so the idea of taking this game lightly is not even crossing the players minds,believe me(Wenger wont allow that anyway).

Celtic are a decent,middle-class European team,and they can comfortably match most of the other middle-class European teams,but they're nowhere near the Gunners' quality(or should I say "magic").Their away win in Moscow was a fluke imo,and they'll be up against a totally different(and tougher) kind of challenge here.Taking into account Tony Mowbray's football philosophy and the first led result,it's pretty obvious guests will attack from the start here(but so will be Arsenal) and that will be Celtic's downfall,as we all know which the better attacking team is.Hoops could score the odd goal,but that's the best they can hope for imo.Gunners will want to continue their flawless start of the campaign,and Celtic is hardly the team that can stop them,especially at The Emirates.Lots of goals and a comfortable home win are my calls!GL!

Arsenal (-1.5AH) 2.06 (Bet365) 8/10

foxccs
26-08-09, 14:41
Pick #18 (6W-11L) (-530)

England Carling cup, 20.45cet
WBA - Rotherham
Pick: Over 3.5
Odds: 2.90
Bookmaker: expekt

PICK WON

WBA started the season good, with eyes on promotion again. They played strong teams on paper at the begining of the season and managed to win most of the points. Looks like they will prove strong again for the Championship division, with one of the best atacks.
They have some squad problems for tonight, but even if they dont have them, changes for this cup are expected and usual.
Unavailable, however, are: pair of midfielders Robert Koren and Chris Brunt injured, defensive midfielder Jerome Thomas and defender Joe Mattock. On the longterm list remain their star creative midfielder James Morison. But they have their Czech striker Roman Bedná***345; back after 3 months ban (drugs or smth, ;) ). Their coach Di Mateo is confident that Roman is fully fit to make his return to the squad as best as posible.

Rotherham going strong in League 2 as well. 3 wins, 1 loss and they passed Derby at home in previous round of this cup. Respectable atack, renewed with last season leading striker(21 goals) from Rochdale, 22yo Adam Le Fondre, in pair with ex-Crewe 23yo Tom Pope. They still miss their most expirienced striker Drewe Broughton who is some weeks away from return. For this game they have unavailable captain defender Ian Sharps.

I expect open game, with strikers from both sides served for dinner. Roman is on watch how will He make his comeback, on the other side, Pope and Le Fondre eager to advance in their carriers. This cup is certainly an oportunity for small club players to make some impression at higher level. Still big gap between this two teams on levels and I expect WBA to prove that.
Both to score game for me. Over2.5 with high stakes, Over3.5 very posible ;)

Fero
26-08-09, 14:44
Pick # 16 7W/8L +665

Blackpool-Wigan Athletic
Pick: Draw @ 3.41/Pinnacle

PICK LOST

Again a Carling Cup match, this time a so-called smaller club against a Premier League side. Blackpool will be up for it, playing at home and wanna show what they're capable of. Wigan will be treating it as any other Premier League side does, giving starts to non-regulars and save strength for the more important league and FA Cup.
Wigan could give goalie Kirkland a rest as he has a slight injury, and players as Edman, Boyce, Watson, Hee and McCarthy could all be handed their first start this season. This might not be a bad thing for Wigan as they will surely wanna prove themselves, but without a goal-scoring striker it might be hard to grab a win in 90 minutes.
Martin and Thomas won't play for Blackpool, but one thing is for sure they will fight for it from the first minute. Qualitywise they're a few classes below Wigan, but they can make that difference smaller with the spirit. Furthermore they should know they have at least a chance to take it into ET and even penalties against a weakened Wigan side. Blackpool know what it is to draw a match, they've had draws in all 4 league games so far in the Championship. No real star players in the team, but as said before it's all possible with the right mentality.

al-gor
26-08-09, 16:16

7/0/7 +63

Blackpool - Wigan

Pick : Wigan to win by one goal
4.00(3.50 pod)/ bet365.com

PICK LOST

Blackpool have a very tough opponent in this round for England Carling Cup.Wigan showed strange performance in Premiership untill now where at home losing both matches - 0:5 against Manchester Utd and 0:1 against Wolves.But in Birmingham they stuned Aston Villa with 2:0 and showed they will be dangerous not at home only this year.In this match they are with very good chances to take a victory against team from lower division like Blackpool is.Blackpool didnt lose this season already in official match and they will try to keep this performance against higher opponent untill now - Wigan squad.Ofcourse this match cant be easy for Wigan and if they win here will be with short result by one goal difference.This is my bet here and i think we have a good value.

mendoza10
26-08-09, 16:52
Pick#17(11w-5l)+1120

EXQI League
KVSK United vs.Turnhout
Pick:KVSK United win -1
Odds:1.95 Expekt

PICK WON

In last seson KVSK United could fight for promotion to Jupiler League , but many injury players and bad away games put them on 9 place in leaque.They coach is Franky Van der Elst (in past very good player of Fc Brugge) since hi train KVSK they play much better.Befor seson few players are gone , but most important players stay in team.New faces in team are:Robin Henkens from RC Genk ,Patrice Noukeu from AA Gent (good defender but his injurd , 19 years old Sam Vanaken from PSV will replace him) and Jason Oost (very experienced forward , hi played 200 times in Ere Divisie) from De Graafschap.In the first round KVSK won away againt Oud-Heverlee 6:3 (KVSK score 3 goals by head and 2 from counter-attack).
KV Turnhout after 8 years absence come back to EXQI League.Unfortunately they have many financial problems (Wadi Degl was sponsor of Turnhout,but hi take back to sponsor this team in this year).No money no new transfers Turnhout play whit the same squad from D3 leaque ,they even lost they best forward Ben Mbemba (11 goals).In the first round Turnhout take draw at home againt poor Tienen 1:1.Also that team got only 4 tall players againt KVSK that can play whit head I think that will be problem for Turnhout.
Imo KVSK United is a good home team and againt Turnhout whit this many problems they should take easy win.I think KVSK will win 3:1 or 4:1.Good Luck.

FC-PlayMaker
26-08-09, 17:09
#17 9 1 6 +602

Royal Liege - Eupen
pick: Eupen
odds: 2.3 @ 5Dimes

PICK WON

It start of the season of the Belgian second league, it second round.
Royal Liege started season with one away draw against Tubize. It finished 0:0.
On other side Eupen started season with one home draw against Tournai(2:2).

Home squad: Winandts, Dibi, Callegari, Lacroix, Aktan, De Pauw, Gomez, Marshal, Kinet, Canale, Buvens; Grandison, G. Legros, Bruzzese and Gonzatti. Suspended Kinet, Canale and Bruzzese are returned to the team.

Away are playing with full squad. They are reinforced with some players during transferseason. They reinforced with players like Igor Djuric (Udinese Calcio), Fazli Kocabas (Standard)..etc..

Last season Eupen team was really good but at the end of the season. They finished at middle of table. In this season, I predict that they will be better, they have qualty needed to finish at top of table. In this match I will take away for medium stake because its start of season so players are not fully ready. Odds for away win are fast dropping so you know what to do. GL!

Genghiz
26-08-09, 17:13
Pick #16
5-1-9 -209

Vfb Stuttgart (-1,5) - FC Timisoara
odds: 1.82
bookmaker: bet365

PICK LOST

Please go here for write-up: http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=195

Joton
26-08-09, 18:43
Pick 17# 3-0-13 # -731
Carling Cup: Blackpool v Wigan 1 @ 3.60 @bet365

PICK WON

Blackpool are doing well and are on eleven unbeaten games from last season to date. This season they show DWDDD in five competitive wins and a sure progress on Saturday with the 2-2 away draw at good Watford. Wigan on the other hand lost their last two of which a 5-0 thrashing by Man U on Saturday and have not scored any in last three while conceding eight. Blackpool will to look forward to get past a Premiership team. The boss Ian Holloway is likely to make some changes and is still without midfielder Joe Martin struggling with a shoulder injury.
But Wigan have some more players ready for a first start of the season. Erik Edman, Emmerson Boyce, Ben Watson, Cho Won-hee and James McCarthy are among those in contention.
I believe that Blackpool at home can get the win tonight. Home win @ 3.60 @ bet365

WKSkofu
26-08-09, 18:44
Pick 15 ***8211;040 4W 1V 9 L
Fiorentina Sporting
Fiora ***8211;1, -1.5 2.59
Bet 365

PICK LOST

Why?
Sporting have never win in Italy and is yet to there(039 Balance)
Sporting is yet to win after drawing first clash at home (0 2 11)
Fiorentina lost only 9 in 69 home appeareance(excl. Intertoto Cup) and have never lost 3 in a row at home(now Fiora have two defeats***8217; streak)
Sporting is out of form:won only once this season in friendlie with 3-league team!
Other results:012 in other friendlies,030in E.Cups. and 011 in League.
Fiora today have 83 aniversary of existance and should be extra motivated!
Sporting will miss couple very imp. Players:Caiedo,Izmailow,Postiga, Vukcevic.
They have one good striker atm(Liedson)who is looking atm for a form...
Atmosfere in Sporting is not good, the SCdP***8217;s coach were severly critisied for a display and results.
Sporting is winless in last 5 games(very probably even more with friendlies) what is equaled the worst streak from Now 2007
Fiora is imo better team and Sporting is not in good period of time right know.
Last i would like to remind is lack of charackter pointed out by Jose The Special One.
He said that 99proc(very drastic procent,i am certain that overestimated) of Portuguese people don***8217;t have charisma.
When we look at Sporting in last years in European Cups(lost final at home with CSKA and earlier no club from Russia won any E.Cup or two clashes with Bayern 0:5 and 1:7 and almost no rehabilitation later => very lucky 0:0 and 1:1 with weakend to previous season Twente(mediacore team in Europe) i don***8217;t have to end...

Corinthian
27-08-09, 02:00

Hearts v Dinamo 2 @2.40 NordicBet

I can't remember when was Dinamo so strong in last 10 years. Except for that Red Bull embarassement(still can't believe how those mugs eliminated them) they are raising their form by every next match. Hearts are a perfect matchup for them. Why? Cause they are a physical, hard working side without imagination and ability to improvise. They created exactly 0 chances for goal in Zagreb and only because of comfortable 4-0 lead they might score something at home but they won't win this. After such trashing at Maksimir they will have to prove something, for their coach Laszlo this surely isn't another meaningless game knowing their owners attitude. I'm sure Dinamo will play for real, and push for another win. All of their players are having only few games to prove themselves on international scene cause HNL is just way to poor to be taken seriously. Also, every single point matters for clubs coefficient in EU Cups. Dinamo desperately wants to avoid that 2nd Qual. round in next seasons and earn themselves a holders position in final Qual round of the CHL. They are simply too fast and too classy for the scottish side. Straight away win for medium stakes or dnb option for max stakes was my only doubt over this match.