PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 26/3

tahoma
26-03-03, 01:31
I haven't updated the picks from Tuesday yet, but I noticed that Computer Guy made his 12th straight correct pick! Amazing record! It seems like this guy is an expert on finding "bankers".

I have a very confident pick for today, but I'll write it later...

PRAG
26-03-03, 02:51
Hi there !!! :D

My pick for Wednesday is from Bundesliga 2 :

FC Union Berlin v SSV Reutlingen :arrow: X .................... 3.30 at Unibet

Not too much to say about this one really... It's the WISE :wink: thing for both of them to do, though I'm sure German footballers NEVER think that way... 8) 8) 8)

Arbiter Elegantiarum
26-03-03, 08:09
CSKA Moscow - Unicaja Malaga
Euroleague
Wed 26/03/03 18:05
handicap -13.0 1 odds 1.85 at Expekt

CSKA fighting for a life, lose here means they`re out of Final Four.Malaga lost all games, fights for nothing, Frederic Weis is injured, they may rest some players before important game with Real on Saturday. Malaga is very weak team also. CSKA is superior team, championship material and I think they`ll crush Spaniards with many points. -13 handicap is good.

Pate
26-03-03, 10:55
Hello!
Finland Ykköscup:Rops-Ols 1 1.45@Nordicbet
Rops has much more quality and experienced players and they have beaten Ols twice already in the winter:10.02. OLS-RoPS 0-6 (0-0)
Goals: Turpeinen 3, Markus 3. and 13.02. RoPS-OLS 5-0 (2-0)
Goals: Kerenyi 2, Turpeinen, Markus, Turpeenniemi. those were training matches and now at Ykköscup Rops has played two games:15.03. RoPS-Kraft 4-0 (3-0)
Goals: M.Gröhn 2, Hänninen, Toldi. and 19.03. TP-47-RoPS 1-0 (1-0)
I believe that Rops will continue with Ols where they left and that is beating them easily.

Lyd
26-03-03, 11:03
My pick for today:

Viborg - Farum BK X (3,50@GoldBet)

Afret 18 matches Farum still don't have any draw games. Viborg also didn't draw in last five. I know that draws are not so common outcome in Danemark, like it is in Italy... but this game could end that way. But i'm not going to bet on it with real money. No bets for me today, since there are only a few mathes played and I don't see much value in that.

And don't follow my advice. I'm just trying to get as many points as possible till the end of this round of competition. And I missed last seven picks :( You can call me ''reversed Computer Guy'') :wink:

Lakini
26-03-03, 12:40
Last month I had 14/15 - after I had finished the official competition! So, it looks like as if this competition puts to much pressure on my shoulders... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now I can proove my real talent... :wink: :wink:

My Pick Of The Day:

Union Berlin - Reutlingen 1
@2.1 Gamebookers

Berlin well organized since they have a new coach. Reutlingen won very lucky the last matches - last friday, St.Pauli was dominating, but just tooo stupid to win - Reutlingen had two shots on goal - and won 2:1.
H2H-stats see Berlin in front, the last three were all won by Berlin! Reutlingen won't win again, Berlin will win this one.
But as my picks for Bundesliga 2 are a little bit cursed at the moment, I won't write any further predictions here or at BA.

apriori
26-03-03, 12:47
Hi,

lets take it easy today....
Scotland - Division 2
Raith Rovers v Stenhousemuir :arrow: Raith Rovers :arrow: 1,45 GB
...that must be a success...
greatings
apriori

reuf vatreni
26-03-03, 13:51
My pick for today will be a risky one:

Scottish Division 2

Raith Rovers v Stenhousemuir X @ 3.50 (Gamebookers)

Current Standings:
Raith Rovers at 1,Stenhousemuir at 8,last couple of games show that the visitors are not a bad team. It could also be possible that the visitors go home with all three points but I think both teams could be satisfied with draw.
Last 6:
Raith Rovers 3-2-1 12-8
Stenhousemuir 1-4-1 11-12 (the only loss was against Raith)

GL everyone :wink:

bulldog
26-03-03, 13:58
no good football picks today, so i'll go on basket:
tau vitoria-benetton treviso (+1.5/-1.5) 2 @ 1,85 (gamebookers)

benetton leads italian serie A, 4 points over oregon cantù. after 8 wins in a row sunday they lost in rome (very strong in home matches), but it's sure that their thoughts were on today match. they lead group F euroleague after 3 wins.
tau have 2 points after last round win against virtus bologna, but they lost heavily the away matches against benetton (-13) and maccabi (-23), so they need a miracle to go to final four (only first goes ahead). they are strong at home, but their bad situation in the group can influence their performance.

so i'll take benetton to beat this handicap.

good luck to all

kojic2003
26-03-03, 14:09
Chicago Bulls(-7) - (+7)Miami Heat 1@1.90.....expekt

PREVIEW:
Caron Butler hopes to further his rookie of the year credentials and help the Miami Heat complete a sweep of the Chicago Bulls as the teams meet at the United Center.
Butler leads all rookies in scoring at 15.2 points a game, and his 1.69 steals per outing also tops first-year players. The 6-foot-7 forward, however, has increased his scoring over the last five games, averaging 21.6 points while shooting 52 percent (39-for-75) over that span.

Butler had 21 points on 7-of-14 shooting on Tuesday, but the Heat lost 108-91 to the visiting Minnesota Timberwolves. He also had six assists and four steals.

Miami has lost 10 of its last 12 overall, and must be looking forward to its final meeting with the Bulls. The Heat have beaten Chicago five consecutive times and in nine of the past 11 meetings.

The Bulls come in with losses in eight of their last 12, including Sunday's 105-82 setback at Detroit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Curry scored a team-high 18 points for Chicago, which was outrebounded 47-37. The Bulls were without Donyell Marshall, their leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, after he injured his ribs in Saturday's 100-98 home victory over New York.

It is unknown if Marshall will play Wednesday.

STANDINGS: Heat - 7th place, 20 1/2 GB, Atlantic Division. Bulls - 6th place, 20 GB, Central Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Heat - F Caron Butler, F LaPhonso Ellis, C Brian Grant, G Rasual Butler, G Best. Bulls - F Eddie Robinson, F Tyson Chandler, C Curry, G Jalen Rose, G Jamal Crawford.

TEAM LEADERS: Heat - Eddie Jones, 18.5 ppg; Grant, 10.5 rpg; Best, 3.9 apg. Bulls - Rose, 22.6 ppg and 4.9 apg; Marshall, 9.1 rpg.

SEASON SERIES: Heat, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 22; Heat, 100-90. At Miami, Jones scored a game-high 23 for Miami, which had just six turnovers while hitting 89 percent (23-of-26) free throws. The Bulls, who had a 50-28 scoring advantage in the paint, got 31 points from Rose, who fouled out with 1:56 remaining.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Heat - 8-27 on the road; Bulls - 22-12 at home.

INJURIES: Heat - G Jones (ankle); C-F Sean Marks (elbow); C Alonzo Mourning (kidney). Bulls - F Marcus Fizer (knee); F Marshall (ribs); G Fred Hoiberg (tendinitis); G Dalibor Bagaric (ankle).

26-03-03, 14:10
my pick 4 today:

Cibona Zagreb-Efes Pilsen [/b]2 @ 2.1[/b]

is not a banker...but worths...
efes still have chances for wining the group....but a hard game will come...away to CSKA....and to hope they have to win all..

goood luck!

Beezeri
26-03-03, 14:25
Austria - Greece 2 @ 3,6 (TotalBet)

Preview from Globetting.com:

The Austrian coach will be without half of his regular (22 players) squad. He will do without Manniger, Cerny, Wallner, Macho, Kuhbaver, Linz¨, Panis, Akagunduz, Baur and Kahraman. The coach Krankl will play with some new young players and will make some tests before the match against the Czech Republic.

On the other side, here is the Greek team for this match :
Keepers :Nikopolidis(Panathinaikos), Halkias (Iraklis)

Defenders :Dabizas
(Newcastle),Seitaridis(Panathinaikos),Kyrgiakos(Pa nathinaikos),Fyssas(Panathinaikos),Venetidis(Olymp iakos),Vallas(Xanthi)

Midfielders : Amanatidis(Stuttgart), Lakis (AEk),Zagorakis (Aek),Georgiadis (Paok),Kaffes(Paok),Tsartas(Aek),Giannakopoulos(Ol ympiakos),Karagounis(Panathinaikos),Konstadinidis
(Hannover).

Strikers : Vrizas(Perugia),Haristeas(Werder), Nikolaidis (AEK)

Coach Otto Rehhagel let Aggelos Basinas(Panathinaikos)here in Greece after a discusion the two men made in the airport.Goumas has an injury and Mr rehhagel said that it would be better for the player to stay in Athens.So instead of Basinas Spyros Vallas(Xanthi)took his place.Giannis Goumas(Panathinaikos) is not at the team too.Kostas Konstantinidis, Giannis
Amanatidis and Aggelos Haristeas will get to Austria from Germany(they all play at Bundesliga) while Zisis Vrizas (Peruggia striker) will meet the rest
of the team in Austria

Koffieboer
26-03-03, 14:48
Chess Amber Tournament Bareev E. v Anand V. [Blind] 2 Gamebookers@2.25

Previous rounds
9. Morozevich-Bareev 1-0 / Anand-Almasi 1-0
8. Bareev-van Wely 0-1 / Leko-Anand 1/2
7. Anand-Shirov 1/2 / Gelfand-Bareev 1-0
6. Bareev-Ljubojevic 1-0 / Kramnik-Anand 1/2
5. Anand-Ljubojevic 1-0 /Kramnik-Bareev 1-0
4. Bareev-Shirov 0-1 / Ivanchuk-Anand 1/2
3. Morozevich-Anand 1-0 / Topalov-Bareev 1-0
2. Bareev-Almasi 1-0 / Anand-van Wely 1-0
1. Gelfand-Anand 1/2 / Leko-Bareev 1-0

Tja....

Satyr
26-03-03, 14:54
5/14... :? :? :? ...hm...not so good.

I did a lot better last month, with 2nd place in overall standings(Azilis won), but this month was quite a downstream for me.

But I dont mind, the competition was still very fun, and I hope it will stay this way in the future. Congratulations to my swedish friend Tahoma on mantaining the high standard of this international competition.

As my phone is disconnected, I will still try to post as much as I can(until I manage to pay all the phone bills. :evil: ).

This is my last pick of this competition(15th):::>>>

I ve played Copa Libertadores yesterday, I ve chosen X , and it was 2-3... :cry: ...but its ok....

My FINAL PICK :::>>>

Union Berlin - SSV Reutlingen.....2(3.40 @ Scandic Bookmakers)
I ve seen some of the punters played 1, and some played X(even in this competition) so I ve decided to play on Reutlingen, as their form is excellent...they won 2 consecutive away games, if Im not mistaking.I dont have any special info on this match( even if i had, i don t advise to follow my picks, I m in terrible form. :oops: ...
anyways, I ll play on "feeling" here...AWAY WIN on REUTLINGEN...

good luck to all :)

Prague
26-03-03, 15:50
Sparta - Slavia...home win with 2.0 at Globet

Series tied 1-1 after two games at Slavia ground. Both games were similar with Slavia using hard and physical style with number of unfair crackdowns (mainly attacks on Sparta's goalie Briza). At least in Sparta home games Slavia should play "easier", because of risking too much penalties. The rink is wider at Sparta, so it should help to better home forwards (not so easy to defend). I expect Sparta to win both home games and so my bet here is home win.

Lukasz
26-03-03, 16:28
Union Berlin - Reutlingen 1X

@1,32

60% of stake on "1" @ 2,2 @ Betzone
40% on "X" @ 3.3 @ Unibet

Only PariMatch is offering a sheer "double chance" on this one, but these thieves think that if there's no competition, they can offer anything to a punter. Their price is only 1.26, which wouldn't allow me to make it my pick of the day)

My analisys:

~StorhamarSatyr~ picked away win so considering his current form "2" is very unlikely ;)

PS
Alan, I hope you don't take this joke too seriously. You are definitely much better punter than me and don't worry- you'll get back on track sooner than you expect. Good luck to you, My Friend.

_Kap
26-03-03, 16:30
My last (15th) pick:

Union Berlin v SSV Reutlingen (HT/FT) :arrow: 1/1 :arrow: 3,10 at Gamebookers

Good luck!

Per
26-03-03, 16:37
Ok, not many days left now and it's time to make up some lost ground.

Swedish floorball play-offs.
Dalen-Haninge 2 @ 2,20 with Expekt.com

Haninge are the current European champions, has a better team and will progress if they win today. All the pressure is on the home team as they have to win and haninge has a good opportunity to tactically outmanouvre their opponents.

tahoma
26-03-03, 16:56
My pick of the day:

Almtuna to beat Botkyrka @ 1.45 with Centrebet or NordicBet.

This is Swedish hockey (qualification to Allsvenskan Norra). Read my prediction here:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=240

Koffieboer
26-03-03, 17:13
15.30 Blind Bareev-Anand 1/2-1/2

http://chess.lostcity.nl/amber/

Bridges
26-03-03, 17:43
BASKETBALL - Norwegian BLNO Final First match

Asker Aliens - Harstad Vikings H(0.00 - 7.50) - 1 1,83 at Unibet

Asker is the best basket team in Norway, no doubt, and home they should win easy againt Harstad Vikings, and I guess they win with much points too. Harstad must play without Dzenan Suta and have then no raely good defenders and will probably get a lot of point againt them. I tinck it good chances for big Asker victory here.

WhyNot?
26-03-03, 17:47
> my pick 4 today:
>
> Cibona Zagreb-Efes Pilsen [/b]2 @ 2.1[/b]
>
> is not a banker...but worths...
> efes still have chances for wining the group....but a hard game will
> come...away to CSKA....and to hope they have to win all..
>
> goood luck!

that was me....sorry...forgot to log in!

AC_28
26-03-03, 18:24
Hello friends... my pick for today, like 4 time before my post, german II match,

Union Berlin : Reutlingen First half 1 2,90 at gamebookers

GL!!!

ero
26-03-03, 18:39
Hi,

it's NBA toda for me with:

GS Warriors v BOS Celtics +5/-5 2 1.91 @ GB

I know that Boston lost six in a row and I think it's high time that they finally rebounce and I'm sure they can do it with more than 5 points difference.

Ero!

cmf
26-03-03, 18:59
My pick for today is:
Nuggets vs Bucks 2 @ 1.50 from GB...
Check out a preview of this game here:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/preview.htm

casabel
26-03-03, 19:40
AUSTRIA-GREECE:UNDER 2.5 1,75 GB

26-03-03, 20:24
Hi,my tip for today is:

BOLIVAR - U.N.A.M. HT-FT 1-1 (3,25 GAMEBOOKERS)

Bolivian team often wins at home games
because of high alltitude they play.

Good luck all.

DUKSY
26-03-03, 20:29
Sorry the Bolivar post is mine.I forgot to login.

Bolivar - U.N.A.M. ht-ft 1-1 (3,25 Gamebookers)

Erwin
26-03-03, 22:13
My pick of the day:

Srichaphan P. v Martin T. [Total Games]
over 22.5 games @1.75 Gamebookers

one-two
27-03-03, 00:07
Tahoma, pls post my pick tomorrow, as I'm not sure I'll be able to do that during the day. This will be my final pick for this session.

And here it is...

Serbia & M'gro - Bulgaria - 2. ODDS: 4.33 offered by PADDY POWER

My home national team is rising from the ashes ! After a very difficult 5-6 years period the Bulgarian team at last found top class players who can take responsibilities. Very stable defense, very offensive play, very classy midfielders. Of course, the Serbian team has also stunning side - we know what they are capable of. But these days there's big competition in the Bulgarian's attack - Martin Petrov (Wolfsburg), Berbatov (Bayer Leverskusen), Sv. Todorov (Portsmouth), Z. Yankovic (playing in China).... And there were two attackers not called (playing in France) as one of them was player of the year last year. So I assume everyone of them would want to score and take part in the qualification vs. Estonia. This was proven in all qualification matches as the Bulgarians managed to score 2 goals each game.
Of course, I can't say I'm 100% sure about this win, but I cannot find a better game to finish this competition.

PRAG
27-03-03, 03:38
FC Union Berlin v SSV Reutlingen :arrow: X .................... 3.30 at Unibet

Not too much to say about this one really... It's the WISE :wink: thing for both of them to do, though I'm sure German footballers NEVER think that way... 8) 8) 8)

0 - 0 :lol: :lol: :lol: They made sure, didn't they ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SCRIPTA MANENT !!!!!!