PDA

View Full Version : Research on club's special weight.

STAVROS
10-10-08, 17:35
Hello to all.

I am making a research for all leagues around the globe, regarding clubs' SPECIAL WEIGHT. I am trying to rank all football clubs for each league, according to their so called, 'special weight' and i post this thread to all subforums in order for every leagues' followers to read and help if they have the knowledge and time.

To make things clear, i dont want to rank teams in terms of quality or strength.I want to categorise teams in terms of 'respect' it reflects and is shown in its country of participation, thus i take into consideration not quality of players and playing ability nowadays but IN TERMS OF HISTORY OF CLUB (TITLES, PARTICIPATIONS IN TOP LEVEL), SUPPORT (NUMBER OF FANS AND LEVEL OF FANATISM OF THE FANS), FINANCIAL STRENGHT, OTHER FORMS OF SUPPORT AND RESPECT (SUCH AS MEDIA COVERAGE AND RESPECT SHOWN) ETC.
For example, Schalke is a stronger team in terms of quality than Gladbach but Gladbach has a bigger special weight because of history, titles etc.

Same stands for Marseille and Lyon. Lyon has done better locally and internationally the past 10 years or something, but Marseille has a bigger special weight, greater respect from people all around the country, because of history, fans support etc.

I am giving an example for Greek Super League, to show what i mean and i ask whoever has the ability and knowledge to do so, to post a table/rank like the one below for the league of country he lives in, and follows both historically and for present!

GREEK CLUBS SPECIAL WEIGHT:
1. PANATHINAIKOS - OLYMPIAKOS
2. AEK
3. PAOK
4. ARIS
5. IRAKLIS - PANIONIOS
6. LARISA
7. XANTHI
8. LEVADEIAKOS - PANSERRAIKOS
9. ASTERAS TRIPOLI - ERGOTELIS
10. PANTHRAKIKOS - THRASYVOULOS