PDA

View Full Version : English Conference Torquay - Oxford 9/10

Mach
09-10-08, 16:00
Today's game:
19.45 (UK time) Torquay - Oxford Utd 1.88 - 3.55 - 5.20 (betfair)

Match is live in Setanta Sport 1.

News form BBC site:
Torquay striker Elliot Benyon will undergo a late fitness test on a hamstring injury.

Centre-back Chris Todd (pelvis/groin) is ruled out as is on-loan Southampton keeper Michael Poke (thigh).

Oxford striker James Constable could be recalled after recovering from a knee injury but defender Barry Quinn faces a late fitness test.

Matt Day could return after recovering from concussion, while fit-again Eddie Hutchinson will be pushing for a place.

Torquay United's former Oxford striker Matt Green told BBC Radio Devon:

"They [Oxford] have got some really good players down there and I'm surprised at the way that their results have gone.

"It's going to be a tough game on Thursday but I'm sure that on our recent form we'll be able to beat them."

Torquay have found their form recently and I think they have mutch more chances to win at their own soil today. And it is very good weather forecast.
I will take HW 7/10

10jayjayokocha
09-10-08, 18:47
Torquay v Oxford over 2.5 @ 1.91 BlueSq

Torquay have been on an excellent run as they got 5 wins and 1 draw in their last six games. Crawley might be leeague leaders but I believe they are the best footballing side at the moment in the division and they proved that in their last game at home against Stevenage who are one of the best sides in Blue Square Premier. Despite bad weather conditions, it was all Torquay, they dominated the whole game and Stevenage were unable to live with United. This was the best performance of the season by Paul Buckle's boys. Boro keeper Day made many saves and Green and D'Sane missed many oppurtinities. Boro must have counted themselves lucky since the game could have been more than 3-0 easily.

Oxford have been incostistent so far but their performance has improved recently. They beat Rushden and Cambridge while it was an embarresment for them to lose at Lewes. They will have their leading goalscorer James Constable back for this clash and this could be crucial for struggling Oxford. He is a hard-working target man who is good at heading things in the air. His flick-ons for the pacy wingers and strikers Odubade, Haldane and Guy will be a threat for home side.

Torquay is hot favorites here and I expect them to win regarding their form but odds on them does not represent the difficulty level of the game. I would like to have higher odds for them because Oxford have a quality squad, they entered a new era with a new chairman last week and they are not as bad as they were.

I will focus on goals tonight. Torquay can create chances easily and centre-midfielder Nicky Wroe is in a great form. Oxford have big lads in their defence but Tim Sills is not small as well. Oxford can create chances as they have Constable and all pacy Haldane, Guy and Odubade. The only thing that worries me about the pick is that the game is on TV and players will be more careful not to make mistakes. However I still believe this game will likely produce at least 3 goals.

No Guru
09-10-08, 19:21
Torquay v Oxford over 2.5 @ 1.91 BlueSq

Interesting one! In addition, there will be nice evening for football in terms of weather conditions. Also, H2H backs this one too: last 5 meetings in Torquay were like 3-2, 3-3, 3-0, 2-3, 3-3. Should be similar tonight!

allthethings
09-10-08, 20:08
England Blue Sq Premier
Soccer - Torquay/Oxford - total Under 2 (+109)
for the regulation time held on Oct 9 at 1:45pm [pending]

All the money flowing toward the overs, and Oxford especially is on an overs run. But both teams are actually about 50-50, and one other thing I noticed: Both teams have had very late goals in their games that have gone over. Torquay's three overs at home saw the third goal scored in the 82nd, 87th and 90th; overall seven of their 13 games have seen goals scored after the 87th minute mark. Oxford's two away overs have had the third goal scored in the 82nd and 88th minute, and there have been two others with 90th-minute goals. This says to me that both teams are showing a tendency toward caution early...

johnstam
09-10-08, 23:25
i had a bet with an online bookie and it was void!!! it would be a lost one!
any clues???

No Guru
10-10-08, 11:06
Mine is lost, so it must be a mistake.