PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 28/2

tahoma
28-02-03, 01:04
I saw that you want me to start a new competition soon and I understand you, but I will wait for these persons to complete their 15 picks first:

holonia (2 picks left), Azilis (2), borex74 (3), Erwin (1), oko (3), fotis (2), AC_28 (2) and GOOZ (1).

I will send these competitiors a private message and tell them that we are all waiting for their final picks, so they must show some activity now.

I know that I said that all competitors had to post a pick every third day, but I must admit that I haven't checked that at all. It would take a lot of time and there would probably be less competitors because of holidays, no internet-access, etc.

holonia is definitely a hot candidate for the first place! He's in great form and with 2 picks left, holonia is 204 points behind leading StorhamarSatyr. This means that he can win the competition if he picks 2 successful bets with odds around 2.00, but Azilis, borex74 and oko have also good chances to win.

It will be interesting to follow the thrilling end of this competition and I hope you can be patient to wait for these competitors to finish.

I haven't found a good bet for Friday yet, but hopefully I'll post a pick later!

Good luck!

Satyr
28-02-03, 01:29
holonia is definitely a hot candidate for the first place! He's in great form and with 2 picks left, holonia is 204 points behind leading StorhamarSatyr. This means that he can win the competition if he picks 2 successful bets with odds around 2.00, but Azilis, borex74 and oko have also good chances to win.

It will be interesting to follow the thrilling end of this competition and I hope you can be patient to wait for these competitors to finish.

I agree...It would be very interesting to see the "1st place competition"...although I m first at the moment,i already said a few times,that I think that at least one will overtake me,which is ok.I entered this competition not to win(or show off or something that shallow),but to have a lot of fun,and be able to see your POINTS of view ,and maybe WIN SOME MONEY by betting on it!

I know that my aim here has already come true,so now i m anxious to see Holonia (and other) picks of the day.

GOOD LUCK to ----> holonia (2 picks left), Azilis (2), borex74 (3), Erwin (1), oko (3), fotis (2), AC_28 (2) and GOOZ (1).

take care( i will post my pick later:)

Satyr
28-02-03, 01:39
holonia is definitely a hot candidate for the first place! He's in great form and with 2 picks left, holonia is 204 points behind

Tahoma,my friend,you have made a minor error...and I dont know where:)hehe.

You said" Holonia has 2 picks left and is 204 points behind..."...
and I looked at the Standings and it says....1095....791.....thats 301
in fact.....
so I dont know whether you calculated wrong...that 201...or DID YOU MAYBE ADD UP WRONGLY FOR HOLONIA:??

MAYBE HE REALLY HAS 894 points??
This is all in good intention,and to keep competition regular as it always was.
Take care:)
Alan.

GOOZ
28-02-03, 05:12
damn frozen pitch! another game cancelled on me! and I rushed home from work all ready to watch the Wisla/Lazio game! So what do I get instead? a replay of last week's Aux/L'pool game that I picked wrong last week...and while the replay was happening live in Liverpool! It's not easy being a soccer fan in USA! TV coverage is woeful (but improving)

I'm going to try to go out with a bang after a poor showing by picking a game at slightly higher odds than the contest allows, so if Tahoma wants to only give me credit for a 3.00 odds wager that 's alright with me (like it really makes a bit of difference at this point! :D ) Looking forward to trying to improve my standings in the next contest for reasons of self esteem. That's alright though, my ego could use the bruising. :lol:

My pick for the day is in Italy Serie B-

Ternana v Ancona 2

3.15 @ Canbet

Table toppers Ancona are on an incredible 6-0-0 run and are still only a point ahead of Siena so no breathing room for them. Ternana is not a bad team, 8th overall, but their recent form is a poor 1-3-2. It seems strange that we are getting such good odds on a team in such a good position with a 6 game win streak. I did find odds of 1.56 for a + 1/2 handicap, but that's quite a drop from 3.15! I wanted to find a 0 handicap that would return my stake in case of a draw, but the sights I use do not have that as an option.

Small review here:

www.bethelp.com

juankaan
28-02-03, 07:46
My pick for today is;

Waldhof Mannheim v SSV Reutlingen 0: 1/2 Take; 1 @2.00
AND;
GENK AWAY WIN @2.30
AND;
FENERBAHCE (+2) - MALATYASPOR Take 2 @1.66
AND;
Eintr. Frankfurt v Karlsruher SC 0:1 Take Draw @3.60
AND;
St. Etienne v Niort HT/FT X/1 @5.50
HT/FT 1/1 @4.50

Good Luck

Koffieboer
28-02-03, 08:57
Copenhagen ATP Rochus - Behrend 1 Gamebookers@1.40

Rochus was runner up here last year and has already beaten the champ. Very poor field, gives Rochus the opportunity to get some points, since has has lost to good players in al of his losses in 2003.

tahoma
28-02-03, 10:04
StorhamarSatyr, you're right that I made a mistake! I was pretty tired when I wrote that topic so I calculated the difference between you and holonia wrong with 100 points. But you were also wrong! :lol: holonia is 304 points behind you, not 301! :wink: This means that holonia needs 2 correct picks with odds around 2.50! 8O I think it's going to be very difficult for him, but you never know. When holonia is in form, he can beat every bookie in the world! :wink:

I think I will follow GOOZ' last pick in this competition, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take the away win @ 3.20 or Ancona with 0:0 handicap @ 1.82 with Gamebookers. If GOOZ fails with this pick, he will end up at the very bottom of this competition 8O but he has written good information for his picks every time and I think that's pretty important. I accept your pick this time, GOOZ, but I won't give you more than 300 points if it's correct.

Koffieboer, I read some days ago that you never use smileys! 8O I agree with you that a message full of smileys can look pretty childish and not be taken too serious, but in my opinion smileys are very useful tools and I use them a lot. It's often easier to understand the writer and I guess there are not as many misunderstandings when the writer inserts a smiley after a joke! A very clear example of this was the comment you made about casabel's girlfriend. If you would have put a happy smiley after this message, it would probably not have been taken so seriously :wink:. It's also less boring to read messages with bold and italic text together with smileys! :wink:

This wasn't anything important, but I just wanted to give you my point of view.

DUKSY
28-02-03, 12:18
Hi,I hope that someone took my pick from yesterday

The Strongest - Fenix 1 (1-0 :D ) it was worth 1,6.

Today I have simular one:
Russian hockey

CSKA - Novosibirsk 1 (around 1,7 most of the bookies).

CSKA is on the run for playoffs and they have 3 straight
victories while.They realy need this one to get to the
playoffs and i'm pretty sure that they will get it.

I took CSKA,Znojmo and Insbruck in the combo for today.
Odds 5,35 and bet it on around 15 Euro.Possible win will
get me around 70 Euro. 8)

Good luck to all.

p.s.
Since I'm not in the competition any more I didn't write any
bookies.Hope that all of you who will play this game will find
the most higher odds on your own bookie.

Steff_fun
28-02-03, 12:46
Frankfurt- Karlsruhe 1/1 @ 2.00 :wink:

Lakini
28-02-03, 12:51
Mmh, I know, that there are a few who have to finish the competition first, but that would be so perfect to start the next one on the first of march, and it would end on 31.3. So, every competitor would have to make 15picks within these 31days, and if not, personal badluck.

Okay, but here's my pick, by the way, I had so many good picks after I had reached my first 15! Aargh.

Anyway:

Braunschweig vs. Fuerth <2.5
2.2 at Pinnacle, and don't tell me that's an exchange bookie today, I don't care.

oko
28-02-03, 13:06
Ski Jumping
Val di fiemme
A. Malysz to win @ 1.95 Globet

It is just too high.

oko

AC_28
28-02-03, 13:25
Hi friends,

my pick for today is :

Germany II bundesliga : Mannheim - Reutlingen 2 ( 3,50 at nordicbet )

Tahoma, i know, its too high odd for competition but pliiiiiiis, only last time, now... :lol: :lol: :lol:

GL!!!

Satyr
28-02-03, 13:26
Yeah,Tahoma,I guess I was tired too,hehe :lol: ...so 304 points it is,then:)
I have a veeery good idea for the weekend bet,and I will tell you about it later,as now its still Friday. :D .

I will play a COMBO of 2 games for SATURDAY...and place a 50 EURO stake(Around 380 KN)...
IF I WIN,I will REALLY WIN,because the odds are quite HIGH,hehe...
And if I lose....well....its just another loss,then. 8O :twisted: ....

I will post my pick of the day later.
GL: :arrow:

Satyr
28-02-03, 13:35
Tahoma, i know, its too high odd for competition but pliiiiiiis, only last time, now... :lol: :lol: :lol:

GL!!!

yeah.Tahoma,regarding this rule.I think that we should expand the odds at least to 5.00.If you dont agree,its ok,but at least the people who areNOTin the competition any more(finished or not taking part),should be able to choose such pick.For example,the game I m taking with HIGH STAKESfor the weekend,the odds are 6.00 at some bookies,and I STRONGLY believe this team will win.
That will SURELY be my pick of the day for tommorow,regardless the odds.
8)
I think that the "low odds" are not more secure than the high ones.Its just statistics anyway...

Satyr
28-02-03, 13:41
It's not easy being a soccer fan in USA! TV coverage is woeful (but improving)

HANG ON THERE BUDDY!!!!!Dont fall into an "NBA & NHL & NFL & MLB" SPELL...(or MLS,even worse,hehehee :D )....

Lakini
28-02-03, 14:27
As long as you are still allowed to be a soccer-fan...;)

"Those who don't like football and baseball are our enemies..."
Just kidding...

Erwin
28-02-03, 14:45
My last pick in this competition is:
Mexico, WTA Abierto Mexicano Pegaso (28/02/03 19:30)
Emilie Loit - Petra Mandula @2.00 Nordicbet

Arbiter Elegantiarum
28-02-03, 15:41
I`ve got a nice pick to you and advice to take it!
Expekt: Ski Jumping K95Predazzo World Championships
Hannawald S - Kiuru T 1.80 1.90 2

There are several reasons:
Sven is a pyschological bomb. When everything is going in his way then hardly anyone can beat him, he jumps perfectly. But if one piece of puzzle will not stick then Sven suddenlystarts to jump poorly, have problems is lost. That happens now, he wa great faouvorite but Malysz won in great style. Hanni lost mood, he was qouted as saying"You can already put gold medal on Malysz`s neck" so as you see he don`t believe in success tonight.
Kiuru is in good form, on trainings he outjumped Hannawald. He is hungry for some individual success as he won gold medal with Finland Team on Sunday on K120 hill.TOnight will fight for medal.

I`ll for that bet!
P.S. Watch out for Primoz Peterka, tonight is his birthday so he may suddenly jump very good!

borex74
28-02-03, 17:03
MY PIC TODAY IS OSNABRUK-LEVERKUSEN (AM) OSNABRUK -1
GERRA AT @2,7
LEVERKUSEN AMATIORE BEST PLAYERS IN LEVERKUSEN A TEAM AND OSNABRUK IS GOOD TEAM THAT IS MY REASON

Satyr
28-02-03, 19:16
my pick of the day is::::>>>

BUFFALO SABRES vs DALLAS STARS....2...(1.90 @ ScandicBookmakers)
After one tie(Boston 5-5),and one loss in OT(Ottawa :evil: ),its time to get back on the winning habits:)
Dallas is just too strong for the Sabres.
I have no special info,its just the Stars are SC candidates,and Buffalo is playing yet another dissapointing season...

Arbiter Elegantiarum
28-02-03, 19:42
I`ve got a nice pick to you and advice to take it!
Expekt: Ski Jumping K95Predazzo World Championships
Hannawald S - Kiuru T 1.80 1.90 2

Yeeee MALYSZ AGAIN WORLD CHAMPION!!! KING OIF THE AIR!!!

My bet is won easily, Kiuru was 5th and Hanawald 24th!
I hope someone used my anlysis :wink: Don`t be scared of betting on ski-jumping it`s really easy money!

Azilis
28-02-03, 19:43
St Trond - Standard Liege 2 ---> 3.00 @ Interwetten

Satyr
28-02-03, 20:04
Congrats to ADAM MALYSZ:....hehe Arbiter I have a very interesting thing that once happened regarding ADAM MALYSZ.

The place I go every summer (BAŠKA,on the ISLAND KRK) I met Adam Malysz....
First I couldnt believe it...."how come Adam Malysz is visiting Croatia?!"...
Of course he was VERY surprised when I recognized him....I asked for an autograph...(i didnt have a pen right away,but he was very kind to wait a few mins:)
I m usually not an "autograph collector" but I admire Adam Malysz,therefore I got his autograph.
I talked to him for a while,mentioning how great jumper he was,and he just smiled.(he was with his family there!)...He said he really liked our country(my friend was standing next to us),then we shook hands and he left.

:)

juankaan
28-02-03, 22:29
My pick for today is;

Waldhof Mannheim v SSV Reutlingen 0: 1/2 Take; 1 @2.00
AND;
GENK AWAY WIN @2.30
AND;
FENERBAHCE (+2) - MALATYASPOR Take 2 @1.66
AND;
Eintr. Frankfurt v Karlsruher SC 0:1 Take Draw @3.60
AND;
St. Etienne v Niort HT/FT X/1 @5.50
HT/FT 1/1 @4.50

Good Luck

Waldhof Mannheim v SSV Reutlingen 0: 1/2 Take; 1 @2.00 FT 0-0 :oops:
AND;
GENK AWAY WIN @2.30 ----------- FT 2-2 :oops:
AND;
FENERBAHCE (+2) - MALATYASPOR Take 2 @1.66 FT 2-0 :oops:
AND;
Eintr. Frankfurt v Karlsruher SC 0:1 Take Draw @3.60 FT 2-1 :wink:
AND;
St. Etienne v Niort HT/FT X/1 @5.50 HT 0-0 and FT 2-0 :wink:
HT/FT 1/1 @4.50 :oops:

So stakes 1 units on all bets.

5 UNITS BET. And 9.10 UNITS WON

82% Profit Not bad for one day...

SO THATS MY LAST WEEKEND HERE. I WON'T WRITE AGAIN IN BETTING ADVICE FORUM AS I DON'T HAVE SO MUCH TIME.
IF YOU LIKED MY PICKS YOU CAN JOIN THE BETTING_HELP GROUP;
---
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BETTING_HELP
---
Good Luck....

Arbiter Elegantiarum
28-02-03, 22:51
Congrats to ADAM MALYSZ:....hehe Arbiter I have a very interesting thing that once happened regarding ADAM MALYSZ.

The place I go every summer (BAŠKA,on the ISLAND KRK) I met Adam Malysz....
First I couldnt believe it...."how come Adam Malysz is visiting Croatia?!"...
Of course he was VERY surprised when I recognized him....I asked for an autograph...(i didnt have a pen right away,but he was very kind to wait a few mins:)
I m usually not an "autograph collector" but I admire Adam Malysz,therefore I got his autograph.
I talked to him for a while,mentioning how great jumper he was,and he just smiled.(he was with his family there!)...He said he really liked our country(my friend was standing next to us),then we shook hands and he left.

:)Hey you had a great luck to meet him in person and shake hand with him! I would like to have such luck! Malysz is very calm guy his reactions are as you described. BTW: KRK is really beatiful island, great place for a holidays!

Satyr
28-02-03, 23:46
SO THATS MY LAST WEEKEND HERE. I WON'T WRITE AGAIN IN BETTING ADVICE FORUM AS I DON'T HAVE SO MUCH TIME.
IF YOU LIKED MY PICKS YOU CAN JOIN THE BETTING_HELP GROUP;
---
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BETTING_HELP
---
Good Luck....

JUANKAAN,I must admit you are one of the greatest punters i ve ever seen.Your scores are remarkable...and I hope we could continue to write over the ICQ....
Thanx for great advices here on BETTING ADVICE,and I hope that some day you will return to this forum:)
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
TAKE CARE
Alan.