PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 24/2

tahoma
24-02-03, 00:08
StorhamarSatyr wanted to finish on first place in the competition, so he picked a successful bet with low price, but enough to pass Palini in the table. StorhamarSatyr is leading the competition with his 1095 points, so the big question is if anybody can beat him :?: I think Azilis, holonia, borex74, Erwin, oko, borisake and Proud, all have a good chance to reach 1095 points. Check the current standings here (http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678).

Prague also finished off well. His last pick gave him +100 and a total score of 901 points. Currently that means a third place for Prague. Good job!

I must say that my biggest disappointment so far is GOOZ! Only 2 correct picks of 13! :lol: But please finish the competition by posting 2 more picks, it can't be worse, GOOZ! :wink: I know that you're a good punter and that you have a lot of knowledge about American sports like NFL, MLB and NHL, so I guess this is only very bad luck!

Arbiter and oko, can you please just write the results of your picks from yesterday here :?: I got a link to FIS, but I didn't now where to find the results! :oops: I guess I'm just stupid :wink:

Koffieboer, do you play football in a higher division :?: Can you bet on your games or was it only a joke? :?

My pick of the day is Sävehof - Skövde 1 @ 1.55 with NordicBet.

Why :?: I'm not gonna write any information about this (handball)match because I've seen that nobody cares about my picks on Swedish sports :( . I can tell you that I make most of my profit on these kind of games, but as I never see any comments about them, I won't bother to write any analysis.

Good luck! :wink:

Satyr
24-02-03, 00:22
My pick of the day is Sävehof - Skövde 1 @ 1.55 with NordicBet.

Why I'm not gonna write any information about this (handball)match because I've seen that nobody cares about my picks on Swedish sports . I can tell you that I make most of my profit on these kind of games, but as I never see any comments about them, I won't bother to write any analysis.

Good luck!

I bet quite a lot on Sverige sports....recently i ve started to bet on Swedish handball so i would appreciate if you wrote a short review of your SAVEHOF bet.

Yes,I ve chosen Wolves today(won by 99-97 if I m not mistaking)...
At this moment I am in the lead,but that can change I am aware of that.

Good luck to all.
I will continue to post my picks here;)

casabel
24-02-03, 03:38
Hello guys!...today i pick to spend the day with my girlfriend and not to bet since mondays are for rest before the CHL matches!!!so...pick of the day------>GIRLFRIEND...ODDS PRICELESS :D :D Good day to all,and good luck to those who will need it today :wink:

juankaan
24-02-03, 05:22
My pick for today is
Gaziantepspor (-1) v Elazigspor
Take HOMe @2.25 @gamebookers..

Be carefull and don't foget...
This match will be plyaed very very early. So you can make profit till the other evening matches will sgtart...

GOOD LUCK ANTEPSPOR WIN @1.50 @gamebookers is really good enough.

Daglashen
24-02-03, 06:34
My pick of the day is:
Freiburg - Braunschweig: 1 @ 1.40 @William Hill
Freiburg is undefeated in their last 6 home games. Their home record is 7-2-2 (23-12). After their surprising defeat from Lubeck, they desperately need the points to climb to the first spots.
On the other hand Braunschweig has a poor performance away from home: 1-3-6 (8-23).

tahoma
24-02-03, 06:52
Hello guys!...today i pick to spend the day with my girlfriend and not to bet since mondays are for rest before the CHL matches!!!so...pick of the day------>GIRLFRIEND...ODDS PRICELESS :D :D Good day to all,and good luck to those who will need it today :wink:

You're absolutely right, casabel! Good point! :)

borisake
24-02-03, 10:08
hy
my best pick of the day is Tottenham - Fulham H/T - F/T 1/1
odds 2.75 at Gamebookers
i believe that the hosts will try to win this game in the first period and i expect them to score in the first 20 min and then keep up the presure and increase the lead
they are chasing a Champions League place ... if they win they will come at 2 points distance from Chelsea.
Last year Tottenham crashed Fulham 4-0 at White Hart Lane
good luck to all today

GOOZ
24-02-03, 10:11
well, you are very right Tahoma, a pathetic contest for me but let this serve as a lesson for all...there is a very simple reason (besides some tough luck) that I have not done well and that is that I usually only post picks for NFL, MLS, and MLB. None of those sports are in season now and I am forced to place picks on leagues I know little about, and february/March is not a time I normally wager much, save some small stakes bets just for fun. Only bet what you know!!!

That being said, here is my pick for today:

NHL Washington v Montreal

Montreal +.5 @ 2.15 @ Intertops

2 weeks ago, Montreal travelled to Washington and beat them 2-0. Since then both teams have won 2 and lost 4. There are no injury concerns for either squad, and Montreal is fighting to get the last spot in the playoffs while Washington is trying to maintain their slim divisional lead. I think both teams would be satisfied with a point here as neither team can afford to get nothing. a draw seems likely, but I wouldn't be surprised at an away win. In head-to-head matchups, Washington has not beaten Montreal in the last 5! I'd put the percentages at 35-40-25, which means I have a 65% chance to win this and the odds seem a value.

http://www.covers.com/data/nhl/game/g2_10400.html

Arbiter Elegantiarum
24-02-03, 11:38
Arbiter and oko, can you please just write the results of your picks from yesterday here :?: I got a link to FIS, but I didn't now where to find the results! :oops: I guess I'm just stupid :wink:

Hey Tahoma, our picks were correct! here are DIRECT results for you: http://sport.onet.pl/1107547,272,298875,wyn,impreza.html

Koffieboer
24-02-03, 12:05
Koffieboer, do you play football in a higher division :?: Can you bet on your games or was it only a joke? Heheh no I play fieldhockey on a very low amateurlevel, but I was very confident before the match. Ahum, we were really bad.

In one hour: Dubai ATP Arazi - Vacek 1 Gamebookers@1.50

Arazi has dropped outside the top 100 and needed a wildcard to get in. The Arab crowd is begind this Maroccan. Vacek is not in a very good form. Arazi needs the points badly.

Koffieboer
24-02-03, 12:06
My bookie gives only 2.75 for his girlfriend....
But thanks for the tip, Casabel, I took her.

tahoma
24-02-03, 12:55
8O 8O

casabel
24-02-03, 13:19
8O 8O (totally agree with you Tahoma)

Erwin
24-02-03, 13:47
My pick today is:
Triestina-Livorno @2.00 Ladbrokes
Good luck!

juankaan
24-02-03, 13:51

8O 8O
Not so nice of you Koffieboer.... :idea: :idea:

tahoma
24-02-03, 13:56
I know that it was a joke, Koffieboer, but if it was my girlfirend you talked about, I would have kicked your ass! :twisted:

juankaan
24-02-03, 14:18
My pick for today is

Again postponed...

What a chance....
So my new PICK for today IS;

FREIBURG (-1)- BRAUNSCHWEIG
Take HOME @1.70 @gamebookers...

Good Luck..

Satyr
24-02-03, 16:20

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :? :?

I know it was a joke,Koffieboer,but a little "untactical" one.
I hope there are no hard feelings from Casabel...

take care. :arrow:

Lakini
24-02-03, 16:32
So I have a flu today, grrrrrr. But I take that girlfriend too...;)

No, my pick is Freiburg - Braunschweig UNDER
2.35 at Gamebookers

Result: 2:0...;)

Satyr
24-02-03, 16:40
It was a close one yesterday! The wolves almost didnt make it,after +15 lead,they won only +2,and Jacobsen(PHO) missed a jumpshot in the very last second.:) :mrgreen:

My pick of the day is::::>CHICAGO BULLS-PHOENIX SUNS...2
1.85 @ Expekt.

This is a sure pick,IMO.
The Bulls are 2-8 in the last 10,and they have absolutely no motives for this game.
Phoenix are 4-6 in the last 10,but they played extremely well yesterday vs Timberwolves who are on the rise.
Phoenix stars Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,and Stephon Marbury are all fit for this game,and willing to overtake LA LAKERS in the 7th playoff spot.There is only one question for WEST playoff spot still open IMO,and that is....
WHICH TEAM WILL NOT SEE THE PLAYOFFS this season:::HOUSTON,LAKERS,or PHOENIX.
I think that team will be Houston(although i would like Lakers to MISS playoffs :twisted: )...

Phoenix must win these kind of games,though Bulls are a solid home team(16-9).
The odds are quite good.

GL.
(I received a THANK you note today(PM) and one of the forum members says he made some money on my picks( I m really glad he did!!!!Although,i must say,I am not such a good bettor,I rarely win anything.
I just had luck in this competition,and some feeling.

Take care.
Alan.

Proud
24-02-03, 17:39
My pick of today is Ukraina to beat Italy in the Futsal European Championship. Because of flu (I think alot of you guys have flu?) I had to stay indoor and watch the semifinals. Italy won 2-1 against spain. Their Golie did a superb job! But I was more impressed with the Ukrain 5-1 victory over Chezh republic. even though Spain is a much better team. Fonbet offers 2,50 for Ukraina and I`ll take it!

juankaan
24-02-03, 17:56
My pick of today is Ukraina to beat Italy in the Futsal European Championship.
Fonbet offers 2,50 for Ukraina and I`ll take it!

CONGRATULATIONS.. you took the second best pick of the day..

UKRAINE to lead the first half @3.10 is the best one..

Wish you good luck...

All are just my opinions for sure..

juankaan
24-02-03, 18:00
Just click.. You may like the combi.. I send my BEST OF MONDAY to the forum..
This is the one i wrote @betboyzz...

Tipster Kaan;
http://www.fussballwetten.tv/eng/tips.asp?TIPID=2301

casabel
24-02-03, 18:16
:evil: ...My intension was to have a little bit of fun today once there are not so many games we can bet on today!!Now it seems to me that even if i am new in here...i am soooooo unwelcome by some people (who do not understand what humor is and are willing GAMBLE every f.......g day)Thats ok for me...i respect it!! but i dont think i have insulted anyone EVER in this great forum...I do not accept insults (or bad jokes) from people i barely know!!(If you want to make fun of me go ahead and do it...but insult my girlfriend??? :x )....Thats a pitty Koffieboer cause i liked you man!Now Im gonna remember what you said...(If what you said was humor then you have a reaeaeally but taste of it man otherwise youve made yourself an enemy :? )

Satyr
24-02-03, 18:24
:evil: ...My intension was to have a little bit of fun today once there are not so many games we can bet on today!!Now it seems to me that even if i am new in here...i am soooooo unwelcome by some people (who do not understand what humor is and are willing GAMBLE every f.......g day)Thats ok for me...i respect it!! but i dont think i have insulted anyone EVER in this great forum...I do not accept insults (or bad jokes) from people i barely know!!(If you want to make fun of me go ahead and do it...but insult my girlfriend??? :x )....Thats a pitty Koffieboer cause i liked you man!Now Im gonna remember what you said...(If what you said was humor then you have a reaeaeally but taste of it man otherwise youve made yourself an enemy :? )

hey man...no need to be angry...I am sure that most of FORUM members here are ok people(Including KOFFIEBOER,who I am not defending,what he said was a little bit harsh and rude,but I AM SURE HE DIDNT MEAN IT!...)

Casabel I read your posts for some time,and I have only praise to say about your predictions and posts.

I know its not up to me to "judge" this,but I think that a simple apology of Koffieboer would be appropriate.

Come on guys,this forum is one of the friendliest on the net.Tahoma,Terje,Isaac,and others are really trying hard to make it that way.
I hope everything will be ok.

Take care everyone.
Alan.

Koffieboer
24-02-03, 18:25
Hold your horses, it was obviously not seriously meant. It is impossible for me to judge over things I do not know about and I don't even try. I apologize if my joke was misplaced or easy to misinterpret.

24-02-03, 18:30
My pick for today is

Again postponed...

Hi juankaan, it`s me ChuckY, sorry don`t have time to log in :oops:

Could you tell me what is wrong with this game because I bet on it and I have still open bet at my bookie :( , must wait when it will be verify... :( :?:

Thanks,

ONLY ARKA GDYNIA !

Azilis
24-02-03, 19:42
hello,

Tottenham - Fulham 1 ----> 1.90 @ KWette

don't know this bookie odds found @ oddsexchange

tahoma
24-02-03, 20:18
I updated oko's and Arbiter's ski-picks and also DUKSY's total score because I forgot to update one of his picks a few days ago.

ChuckY, the game between Gaziantepspor and Elazigspor was postponed if you still don't know that...

juankaan
24-02-03, 20:33
My pick for today is

Again postponed...

Hi juankaan, it`s me ChuckY, sorry don`t have time to log in :oops:

Could you tell me what is wrong with this game because I bet on it and I have still open bet at my bookie :( , must wait when it will be verify... :( :?:

Thanks,

ONLY ARKA GDYNIA !

Like TAHOMA said..
The game is POSTPONED.The referee MUTLU CELIK said that it's not possible to play FOR SNOW at 45 cm . :wink:
ELAZIGSPOR said that THEY WOULD LIKE TO PLAY CAUSE ELZAIG IS USED TO PLAY ON SNOW.
Now ELAZIGSPOR are in MERSIN (the city where i live) AND THEY ARE TRAINING HERE: As MERSIN did never see SNOW... On thursday will ELAZIGSPOR go back to ELAZIG for the match against DENIZLISPOR. (i guess they will lose as they won't be able to practise so free)

Anyway;

But it's strange that your bookie did not give you money back. Maybe they will till tomorrow. The GAME IS POSTPONED .. And not for tomorrow. It will be played in another day. Which will be decided by the the football federation...

So they have to give your money back..
I did have a bet @sportingbet
And they gave it back...

Lakini
24-02-03, 21:00
:evil: If what you said was humor then you have a reaeaeally but taste of it man otherwise youve made yourself an enemy :? )

Casabel, I sometimes write jokes for a german tv-show, that's hard, because they don't have the same sense of humour that I have, even though we are speaking the same language. Can you imagine, how hard it can be, to understand the meaning of things, which are not in your native language? I don't think that this was something against you and your girlfriend at all, just some kind of ironic. And on the other side, people in Greece may not laugh about the same things like people in France, people in France doesn't understand at all, what so funny about German Comedy, turkish people laugh about other things than people from Sweden. So it goes, that's it. Nothing else.

casabel
24-02-03, 21:13
Yeah right!!I wonder if someone offended you ,~StorhamarSatyr~ ,or your girlfriend... would U take it easy???!!! Indeed what kofeibar wrote was not polite at all...on the contrary it was insulting!!!From where i come from we do not accept things like that...and i can not see how can you call ok people someone that makes coments like that???!!!Koffieboar,i accept your apology but i want you to know something :I have made some profit from your predictions(THANX) and i consider you a great tipster and thought you would be a great guy too!!!What you said about my girfriend though (with which i am almost 2 years together) was UNACCEPTABLE-...I guess that people, where you live, can offend people that you love and be excused easily but here things dont work like that...With all this **** i will shut up and speak striktly for BETS from nowon because my humor is not very welcomed...Its always very very bad to realize that what you thought of someone was totally mistaken...I learn from my mistakes though...

Lakini
24-02-03, 21:14
No, my pick is Freiburg - Braunschweig UNDER
2.35 at Gamebookers

Result: 2:0...;)

Freiburg - Braunschweig
Final.Result: 2:0
:) :) :D :D

Can someone tell me, why I'm always right, when I'm not betting for real...:) :oops:

casabel
24-02-03, 21:17
Ow and i almost forgot...THANX for your coment(on my predictions)~StorhamarSatyr~
:lol: :lol: Hope theyve made you profit...

Satyr
24-02-03, 22:34
Ow and i almost forgot...THANX for your coment(on my predictions)~StorhamarSatyr~
:lol: :lol: Hope theyve made you profit...
your predictions are great,and here i find many of my daily picks(at this competition...but i havent won anything(I rarely win in recent times i dunno why :cry: ...always there is "THAT ONE PICK" that must scr*w me up.

Yeah right!!I wonder if someone offended you ,~StorhamarSatyr~ ,or your girlfriend... would U take it easy???!!!

I would probably react similar as you did.
It was just my advice that you people "shake hands" after Koffieboer apologized for being so clumsy with his jokes.

From where i come from we do not accept things like that...and i can not see how can you call ok people someone that makes coments like
I dont accept things like that either,but your tolerance would prove that you are ABOVE things like that,and I believe you are :)

wrote by Lakini:I don't think that this was something against you and your girlfriend at all, just some kind of ironic. And on the other side, people in Greece may not laugh about the same things like people in France, people in France doesn't understand at all, what so funny about German Comedy, turkish people laugh about other things than people from Sweden. So it goes, that's it. Nothing else.

I agree.I doubt it that Koffieboer was aiming to insult you,as i already said,it was just a "clumsy joke" thats all.
I can assure you that MOST of people here are respectful and nice.

Take care,Casabel and everyone.
Alan.

casabel
24-02-03, 23:49
... and by the way how can you(and koffieboar) call that....A JOKE??????????? :? :x ...jokes are supposed to make people happy not offend them in the most insidious way...

ChuckY
25-02-03, 05:42
ChuckY, the game between Gaziantepspor and Elazigspor was postponed if you still don't know that...

Well, I was wondering what is the reason,why for the second time this match is postponed

Thanks juankaan, now I know that all because of the snow :evil:
Have to wait till my bookie will givemy money back. :( Maybe today :)

CheerSzzz

ONLY ARKA GDYNIA