View Full Version : MLB 04.07.07

tricky2000
04-07-07, 17:41
Sport: MLB
Event: Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Boston Red Sox
Selection: Tampa Bay Devil Ray ML
Strength: 3/10
Date: 04.07.2007 19:05
Bookmaker/Price: Pinnacle Sports @ 3.02 (Back)

Edwin Jackson may be inconsistent in first games, but he need a little bit more confidence to be solid pitcher. He is 1-8 6.88 ERA so far, but in his last two starts he has pitched 12 innings allowing 15 hits and only 3 runs with a 9:3 K:BB ratio.
On the other side we have Tim Wakefield (4.31 ERA). In his last three starts he has pitched 18 innings, allowing 23 hits, 12 runs and 5 HRís.
At this price, I will gladly take Davil Rays.

Event: Baltimore Orioles @ Chicago White Sox
Selection: Baltimore Orioles ML
Strenght: 5/10
Date: 05/07/2007 01:05
Bookmaker/price: Pinnacle Sports @ 2.28 (Back)

G. Olson who will start pitching for Orioles has been outstanding in three of his four starts. In 21 innings he allowed 6 hits and 1 run. In his last six starts, he has thrown 40 innings and allowed only 21 hits and 8 earned runs.
Jose Contrerasís last four starts, he has pitched 23 innings allowing 34 hits and 20 runs.
Iím on Orioles here.

Event: Chicago Cubs @ Washington Nationals
Selection: Washington Nationals ML
Strenght: 3/10
Date: 05/07/2007 18:05
Bookmaker/price: Pinnacle Sports @ 2.47 (Back)

Well. I will ignore here Chicoís bad start against the Tigers. In his other last six starts, he has pitched 25 innings and has allowed only 32 hits and 9 runs.
Rich Hill is going down right now. In his last 4 starts, he has pitched 18 innings allowing 24 hits, 14 runs and 5 HRís.

This is my dogs for today.

Additional plays with no comments:

Pittsbugh Pirates - Millwaukee Brewers Pick: Pirates ML @ 1.909 2/10
Oakland Athletics - Toronto Blue Jays Pick: Blue Jays ML @ 2.2 3/10
New York Yenkees - Minnesota Twins Pick: Twins ML @ 1.847 2/10
Cincinnati Reds - San Francisco Giants Pick: Giants ML @ 1.893 4/10
Kansas City Royals - Seattle Mariners Pick: Mariners ML @ 1.901 3/10
Houston Astros - Philadelphia Phillies Pick: Phillies ML @ 1.806 4/10

prince
04-07-07, 19:03
Event: Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Boston Red Sox
Selection: Tampa Bay Devil Ray ML
Strength: 3/10
Date: 04.07.2007 19:05
Bookmaker/Price: Pinnacle Sports @ 3.02 (Back)

Event: Baltimore Orioles @ Chicago White Sox
Selection: Baltimore Orioles ML
Strenght: 5/10
Date: 05/07/2007 01:05
Bookmaker/price: Pinnacle Sports @ 2.28 (Back)

Event: Chicago Cubs @ Washington Nationals
Selection: Washington Nationals ML
Strenght: 3/10
Date: 05/07/2007 18:05
Bookmaker/price: Pinnacle Sports @ 2.47 (Back)

This is my dogs for today.

Additional plays with no comments:

Pittsbugh Pirates - Millwaukee Brewers Pick: Pirates ML @ 1.909 2/10
Oakland Athletics - Toronto Blue Jays Pick: Blue Jays ML @ 2.2 3/10
New York Yenkees - Minnesota Twins Pick: Twins ML @ 1.847 2/10
Cincinnati Reds - San Francisco Giants Pick: Giants ML @ 1.893 4/10
Kansas City Royals - Seattle Mariners Pick: Mariners ML @ 1.901 3/10
Houston Astros - Philadelphia Phillies Pick: Phillies ML @ 1.806 4/10http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=27&sub=712652

:oops:

Satyr
04-07-07, 19:15
I'll update the record later on, a bit busy right now, just came in here to post my plays.

Braves (James) (2.04 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I know backing James isn't a stroll in the park, but I can think of a worse thing to do and that's backing Hendrickson, who has pitched over his head in April, only to regress big and be demoted to bullpen for a while, now he'll replace Kuo and get the nod again.
I don't buy it. I don't have trust in his command nor am I too impressed with what he does. On a side note, James hasn't had any significant discrepancies between his home and road starts.
I'm aware Betemit and Kemp are hitting right now but Atlanta are actually picking up their game, they gave back a 6-3 lead last night pretty instantly but I do think they've improved a lot compared to their game 10 days ago.
I think they get the W tonight.

Kansas City (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I'm going to back the Royals here again. Seattle has come down to Earth a bit after winning 9 out of 10. The Royals are hitting the ball, maybe even too much, some would say they "might have used up all the runs" last night by scoring 17, but I don't buy it, I think they're in a good period offensively and they keep feasting off Seattle pitching. Brian Bannister has been quite solid at home and in June and Washburn has posted nearly 6.00 ERA last month. The Royals as a dog at home, with Sweeney working his way back into the lineup, while Seattle are getting used to the life without Hargrove and have some banged up guys right now (Ibanez, Sexson).

St Louis (Thompson) (RL) (2.63 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I backed the Cards last night only to see them get rocked. I'll take a leap of faith here again since I think they are ready for a possible upswing in the next few weeks, having connected well in the offense.
Brad Thompson is no Cy Young but he isn't a gas can either, and even though Livan is a workhorse he has been stuck in very poor period for a while, I expect the Cards to bounce back of a weird loss and win this one by 4 or 5 runs.

Looking for a 2/3 day guys. Good luck everyone.

Giota
04-07-07, 19:29
Satyr, i opened a topic, could you transfer my post to this one? Thx

luka1971
04-07-07, 20:37
Went 1-2 yesterday but made small profit because of the Cubs.

My record: 31W - 27L +25,16 profit

Tigers RL ( Rogers ) @ 2.65 4/10

I like this price here for Rogers (2-0, 0.75 ERA). He had two starts and both were very well. Detroits offence has the chance today to put a little bit more runs on the board against Westbrook (1-3, 6.10 ERA). Westbrook last start was nice but i dont think that he can continue this sucess today. 7 innings work - 1 run against Tampa. In the last season he had his problems against the Tigers. He went 1-2 last season against the Tigers, but was hit hard in all three outings. Westbrook was tagged for 17 runs and 28 hits in 19 1-3 innings. I think that Rogers can hold the Indians today, maybe without a run but i dont think that he will allow more than 2 runs in 7 innings. He is too strong. I could take the Indians team total under 4, but decided to take the Tigers RL because of the a lot of better price.

Having a look at the clock, i dont have time anymore.
Just a sentence to every pick.

Twins @ Yankees under 8 runs @ 2.00 4/10
I like both pitchers, especially Santana. I believe again in a low scoring game.

Boston RL ( Wakefield ) @ 1.91 4/10
Better team, better pitcher. Tampa is struggling in the offence right now. I go against Jackson, he has nothing under control.

Angels @ Rangers under 10,5 runs @ 2.00 4/10
Angels are struggling in the offence, pitching has been bad. Weaver can do it better today and i dont think Texas will score more than 5 runs, same for the Angels. Or we have a win here for the Angels, with a lot of runs for them. But i believe in this runline, which is pretty high in my opinion.

GL tonight, see you later.

Giota
04-07-07, 20:39
thx luka :)

Cafa
04-07-07, 21:11
I got +26 something units yesterday on that Cubs game, 4 bets on it. Just bragging :D

Today I'll probably put 2 or 3 games in a combo, small stake, don't want to immediately give the money back to the bookies.

BOS, DET, LAA, CHC, STL, and SD have a chance of winning of 60% or more. So after some research I'll add my bets.

EDIT: Here we go. Enlightened square bets, all odds are from 5dimes as that's where all my money is right now (they had the best odds on CHC yesterday):

San Diego Padres - Florida Marlins
I am seeking revenge against the Marlins. In two or three bets they played a strange game, and either won when I needed them to lose, or vice versa. I'm demanding them to give me my money back. Josh Johnson of Florida doesn't have the stuff to retire batters consistently, especially not since coming off the DL (3 losses in 3 games). What can be said about Chris Young (2.14 ERA)? Well, nothing needs to be said. Take San Diego in the first five innings. Pitcher's park in San Diego doesn't allow surprising homers, Florida's offense is much better, but even the 2nd lowest AVG team like San Diego can become famous over pitchers like Josh Johnson.

San Diego (5 innings), 1.513, 5/10.

Giota
04-07-07, 21:17
Cafa, you probably slept, but some of the games already started/ended :)

Cafa
04-07-07, 21:23
Yes, I just woke up. Nevermind, Boston out, would be a winner, there are plenty of good games left.

Thanks man, I almost spent 30 minutes writing a preview on Boston :)

vljubej
04-07-07, 21:30
I got +26 something units yesterday on that Cubs game, 4 bets on it. Just bragging :D

Today I'll probably put 2 or 3 games in a combo, small stake, don't want to immediately give the money back to the bookies.

BOS, DET, LAA, CHC, STL, and SD have a chance of winning of 60% or more. So after some research I'll add my bets.

EDIT: Here we go. Enlightened square bets, all odds are from 5dimes as that's where all my money is right now (they had the best odds on CHC yesterday):

San Diego Padres - Florida Marlins
I am seeking revenge against the Marlins. In two or three bets they played a strange game, and either won when I needed them to lose, or vice versa. I'm demanding them to give me my money back. Josh Johnson of Florida doesn't have the stuff to retire batters consistently, especially not since coming off the DL (3 losses in 3 games). What can be said about Chris Young (2.14 ERA)? Well, nothing needs to be said. Take San Diego in the first five innings. Pitcher's park in San Diego doesn't allow surprising homers, Florida's offense is much better, but even the 2nd lowest AVG team like San Diego can become famous over pitchers like Josh Johnson.

San Diego (5 innings), 1.513, 5/10.

I took C.Young-1.5 @ 2.00 (bf), i know it is harder to fill the spread in a low-score game, but i trust

firstly Young

and the great Padres bullpen, look at the stuff they've been producing in last couple of games, i doubt they will release the advantage that padres will get in the beggining.

as you said (i looked at those stats you gave me yesterday), Petco Park is definitely pitchers park (ranked 29th out of 30!!!!!), so i have nothing to worry about this bet (at least i hope :oops: )

GL!

Giota
04-07-07, 22:09
Cant believe it, it almost looked like a win for me but the guys decided to make some Homeruns and especially the last in the 9th inning after 1-2 count.
Watched that **** live.
Bwin offered under 8,5 runs @ 1.85 and i decided to take the better odd with the runline @ 8 runs. Now its a draw :<

Lets have a bit more luck in the other games.

GetRichIncome.com
04-07-07, 22:38
Yes, I just woke up. Nevermind, Boston out, would be a winner, there are plenty of good games left.

Thanks man, I almost spent 30 minutes writing a preview on Boston :)

Great work with previews Cafa.

Cafa
05-07-07, 00:54
Thanks, but I just added my stuff to Giota's original preview on the Cubs yesterday. He started the fire.

Damn, again no game on TV. If someone will have a streaming link for San Diego - Florida, post it here please.

Giota
05-07-07, 07:18
Won nearly all my picks yesterday, just the Twins @ Yankees finished with 8 runs and that means a draw ( cash back ). Anyway, it was a good day.

+14,24 profit (the day)
+ 26,16 profit (my record)

34W - 27L 40,40 profit

SuperGreek
05-07-07, 09:10
Very good previews and on to the spot predictions Giota! Congratulations and keep up your good work! Be sure it's noticed and appreciated as much as that of the more experienced members of the forum. You really have a feeling about good picks and probably you should gradually raise your very low stakes as to make a decent profit.
Thanks and keep on your good job here!

Giota
05-07-07, 19:15
Thx a lot mate but i think that i can learn still a lot of all the guys here.