PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 14 (18/7)

Alistair
18-07-04, 12:19
Hey guys. The 14th stage of the Tour de France is being broadcast live in Australia tonight and I'll be watching it. I want to have a few small bets to make it more interesting! Unfortunately I don't know a lot about cycling and what we hear through the media here is very Australian-centric as they are biased toward O'Grady, McEwen, Cooke etc...

Who do you fancy to win tonight's stage? I have heard it is very flat and will suit the sprinters. Therefore, should I take McEwen @ 6.00? Zabel is @ 8.00.

How about the following H2H's?

McEwen 1.75 v Hushovd 1.95
Zabel 1.65 v O'Grady 2.10
Bartoli 1.65 v Voigt 2.10
Dekker 1.62 v Boogerd 2.15

Can get some nice combo odds for the above. Any information greatly appreciated!

Koffieboer
18-07-04, 12:45
It's not completely flat today. There may be no real climbs, but it's constantly on and off. I am expecting a group to break away, and if Quick Step have someone in that group, they will stay out of reach. Tomorrow is a resting day, and many are looking forward to it. Chasing a leading group is possible though, because the riders can recuperate tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if the leading group will fight for the stage win.

Riders to give it a try (the ones that finished behind yesterday and saved some energy):
- Rabo: Dekker, Kroon
- CSC: Piil, Arvesen (?)
- O'Grady, Pozzatto, Bertolini, Garcia Acosta, ...

Don't think there is value in any of the sprinters at the start of the stage.