PDA

View Full Version : MLB 12.04.2007

skrba
12-04-07, 10:21
Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves

http://ll.bizjournals.com/sports_teams/mlb/nationals_mlb.gif vs. http://z.about.com/d/atlanta/1/0/K/D/BravesLogo.jpg

These teams are going in opposite directions. The Atlanta Braves are 7-1 to start the season, while the Washington Nationals are 1-8 to start the season.

The Atlanta Braves will also have the much superior pitcher on the mound tonight. The Atlanta Braves will use starting pitcher John Smoltz (who proves to be a very solid pitcher each and every season - already off to a solid start this season), while the Washington Nationals use starting pitcher Jason Bergmann (who is already off to a bad start - 3.2 innings pitched - 9.82 ERA). It's clear that the Atlanta Braves hold a huge advantage on the mound tonight.

-The Atlanta Braves are 9-3 in Smoltz's last 12 starts against the Washington Nationals.
-The Atlanta Braves are 25-10 in their last 35 meetings against the Washington Nationals (when playing in Atlanta), and should have no problem getting another blowout win tonight!

pick Atlanta Braves
pick Atlanta Braves -1.5
Gb odds @1.3
GB odds @1.65
Stake 8/10
Stake 7/10

GL

godspicks
12-04-07, 16:05
Thursday, April 12, 2007

MLB

BALTIMORE (TRACHSEL -125) Kansas City (Meche)

Kansas City is 2-6 their last eight and 1-4 their last five. They simply have little talent. They are 46-108 their last 154 road games. They are also a horrid 14-50 to starting pitchers with a WHIP of 1.15 or less.

Baltimore is 9-3 in the series the last three years and 32-12 the last 44.

Satyr
12-04-07, 18:51
MLB 2007: 7 W - 5 L +11.43 units

Toronto - Detroit over 10.5 runs (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

I see a very good chance of this one cashing in. First of, both teams haven't quite been hitting the ball so far in the season (Detroit is 2-6 when it comes to exceeding the 10.5 run margin, and Toronto are 4-4), this won't be their first meeting of the season, they played twice already (one clash was postponed) in Detroit, splitting the games, Detroit won 5-3 and Toronto took the game 10-9 with Robertson and Burnett on the mound for their respective teams.
What I really like here is starting pitchers obviously. Tomo Ohka definitely isn't a star, he allowed a first-pitch, leadoff homer in his last outing, and did not receive a decision after being reached for five runs, six hits and three walks in 4 1-3 innings of an 8-5 Blue Jays win over Tampa Bay on Saturday.

Some Tigers' hitters haven't been hitting squat into the new season (Sheffield, Inge, Ordonez, Granderson were all sub par so far), and several Detroit sluggers have fared well against Ohka in their career, namely Sheffield, Perez, Polanco, Ordonez, this could be a chance for them to break out of the slump and light up the scoreboard.
On the other side, Toronto just love lefties. Last season they had a great record against LHPs, especially at home, and Mike Maroth is far from unhittable. Despite a very small pattern, Alex Rios is hitting .833 off Maroth, Clayton and Wells have had some success against Maroth as well. Maroth gave up four runs and six hits in five innings of a 6-5 win over Kansas City on Saturday in his first start since May 25 after having arthroscopic elbow surgery last June.
Toronto are a team with a rather potent lineup, and the Tigers are last year's finalists, enough said. They should be able to put some runs on the scoreboard as well, and I'm looking for them to start turning this O/U trend around.
I absolutely love this play and even though I haven't done well with the totals this season (if I'm not mistaking 0-2, both times Yanks at the Metrodome), overs have been a real moneymaker for me in recent seasons and I hope this season won't be an exception.

Good luck guys

SenD
12-04-07, 19:34
MLB 2007 0W 0L 0.00 units

Hello there, it's the right time, to jump on some bets at last in MLB, as the season got underway.

2007-04-12 Mets(-1.5) - Phillies(+1.5) by: SenD (12-04-2007 18:28 CET)

Starting pitchers:
Mets - Glavine, T - 1-1, ERA 2.38, WHIP 1.24
Phillies - Moyer, J - 1-0, ERA 2.70, WHIP 1.35

One of the dogs, which I like for this night. Mets, being 1-1 in the first series against Philla should earn some good runs tonight. Stopped by Eaton yesterday, only to .172 AVG will likeable improve against Moyer, which despite being 1-0, allowed Marlins to hit .286. And as Glavine is one of the most important starters for Mets, he should provide good balls today. If we can belong on the Delgado & company bat, we could be sure, that New York will win it with a run line. Medium stakes on that one, as I never used to place bigger bets on run lines, when i wanted to back dog.

Pick: H, Odds: 2.51, Stake: 5, Bookmaker: Pinnacle

meser
12-04-07, 21:20
After studying today's card, I wanted to start and post my plays here. But guess what ... the two picks I wanted to make were exactly the two above. Sorry for the short comments, but all important data is already displayed.

Detroit @ Toronto, over 10.5 - One reason comes from having in mind the all-attack Blue Jays and how they feasted on lefties last season. Maroth is still rusty and Ohka is nothing more than a rotation filler nowadays.

Mets @ Phillies, Mets ML - Yesterday, Phillies won even if they couldn't hit. Well, they didn't need to, with all those BBs and HBP. You won't see that from classy Tom Glavine. Mets have the edge in almost every department, so they should take this rubber game, too.

I will join serious discussions soon. Good luck for the night !

KaZik
13-04-07, 00:11
Sorry for my stupid question but in Party Bets is in under/over section for baseball matches : DET Tigers v TOR Blue Jays [5 Full Innings]
5.5 under 2,05 / over 1,8
This is the same bet like Satyr over 10,5 runs?? what means that "5 full Innings" ??

firewall
13-04-07, 00:19
Sorry for my stupid question but in Party Bets is in under/over section for baseball matches : DET Tigers v TOR Blue Jays [5 Full Innings]
5.5 under 2,05 / over 1,8
This is the same bet like Satyr over 10,5 runs?? what means that "5 full Innings" ??

this is for the first five innings ...