12:35 AM Ottawa Senators - Florida Panthers 1.95 - 4.10 - 3.05
12:35 AM Pittsburgh Penguins - New York Islanders 2.50 - 4.00 - 2.30
01:05 AM St. Louis Blues - Minnesota Wild 4.00 - 4.30 - 1.65
02:05 AM Nashville Predators - Calgary Flames 2.85 - 4.10 - 2.05
03:05 AM Anaheim Ducks - Phoenix Coyotes 1.70 - 4.30 - 3.80
bwin

Gigx
22-03-07, 16:07
Hi! I'm not following NHL a lot, but I would pick Wild as best choice today. They are in excellent form lately - 7 wins in a row (5 of them on a road). Now, with only 8 matches left to play in league phase, they are trying to reach 1st place in NW Division in front of Canucks. 7 from 8 matches on schedule are on their ice, where they have 24-6-4 record and that could be an important fact to secure a high spot for the playoffs. St. Louis improved their play this season (after being on the bottom in 05/06), but the playoffs seems too far away from them (8th Calgary is 14 points ahead). Although they lost in 4 of last 5 matches, they showed quite good play and those scorelines were all close.
Both teams are without their no.1 goalies - Fernandez (Wild) and Legace (Blues), but I think that Blues will have more problems with that. Sanford is sometimes looking unstable in form, while Backstrom (Wild) has a lot of credits for Minnesota to go on such good winning streak lately.
Also, Mike Parrish is questionable due an arm injury for Minnestota, while St. Louis' McKee, Salvador, Orszagh, Rucinsky and Hinote are all out.

Maybe the odds are not extremely good, but I think Minnesota is in much better position here, with more quality options on almost every position and they rarely let the fans down this season, so it would be a quite of surprise to see them lose points here tonight.

Wild (1.65 @ Expekt) 7/10

Maybe some other thoughts...? :idea:

hanniball23
22-03-07, 17:30
Carolina Hurricanes - Washington Capitals
pick:Carolina Hurricanes
1.61@pinnacle
or
Carolina(-1,5)-1.97@10bet

Carolina is on the must win situation and they can miss this oportunity.
This time around, the Canes are much more desperate for standings points. Carolina is in the midst of a six-team dogfight for the final three playoff berths in the Eastern Conference standings. Only five points separate the six teams, and the Hurricanes are currently in a three-way tie for the eighth and final spot. Carolina has nine games remaining this season.
The Caps and Canes were getting very familiar with one another. Washington and Carolina hooked up five times in a span of just 14 days in the final month of the 2005-06 season. The Hurricanes were breezing into the playoffs on their way to their first-ever Stanley Cup title, but the Caps played them tough.
The extra days off may turn out to be a panacea to the Hurricanes, who lost Ward to a lacerated leg in a Mar. 11 game against the Rangers. Ward had 11 stitches removed from just above his knee earlier in the week. He tested fine in practice and should be ready to play against Washington. John Grahame has started each of Carolina’s last three games.
The Caps are just 2-16-2 in their last 20 road games, with five remaining on the slate.
Washinthon is weak in away games and against a team strong motivated will not have any chance of winning.

Possible Line Combos and Defensive Pairings
Carolina Forwards
13-Whitney, 17-Brind’Amour, 11-Williams
61-Stillman, 12-Staal, 26-Cole
16-Ladd, 59-LaRose, 24-Walker
77-Carter, 63-Vasicek, 27-Adams

Carolina Defensemen
2-Wesley, 22-Commodore
7-Wallin, 8-Gleason
5-Kaberle, 45-Tanabe

Goaltenders
30-Ward, 47-Grahame

Washington Forwards
8-Ovechkin, 13-Novotny, 39-Giroux
43-Fleischmann, 24-Beech, 28-Semin
21-Laich, 15-Gordon, 17-Clark
87-Brashear, 10-Bradley, 27-Clymer

Washington Defensemen
23-Jurcina, 26-Morrisonn
2-Pothier, 55-Schultz
44-Eminger, 52-Green

Goaltenders
1-Johnson, 37-Kolzig

Gl!

Satyr
22-03-07, 20:50
Excellent thoughts GigX and Hannibal, great stuff guys. Nice to see you in the NHL section GigX.

I'm leaning Carolina and Nashville btw, I'll post my picks later on. Cheers.

hanniball23
22-03-07, 21:47
Excellent thoughts GigX and Hannibal, great stuff guys. Nice to see you in the NHL section GigX.

I'm leaning Carolina and Nashville btw, I'll post my picks later on. Cheers.

Hope to be productive my pick!
Also Minny ,Gigx choice, seems to be a good bet.

The Islanders' four-game road trip did not go as planned with Rick DiPietro going down with an injury in the first period of the first game. They were able to salvage one point against Tampa Bay, but find themselves one point out of the coveted eighth spot in the Eastern Conference, currently occupied by Carolina, Toronto and Montreal. Fortunately for the Islanders, they have games in hand on all three teams as well as the NY Rangers who are ahead by four points.
Everyone knows about NHL scoring leader Crosby, rookie phenoms Malkin and Jordan Staal and rising star goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury. If the Penguins weren't stacked with enough talent before the trade deadline, they certainly are now, having picked up veteran forward Gary Roberts from Florida and hard-nosed Georges Laraque from Phoenix.
The Penguins had earned points in eight consecutive games, including seven wins, before falling in the final minute of regulation to the NY Rangers on Monday. Despite the loss, Pittsburgh is in a battle with Ottawa for fourth in the Eastern Conference as well as for first in the Atlantic Division with the New Jersey Devils, who are two points ahead.
After the tough overtime loss, the Islanders will have to re-group against an equally potent team in the Penguins. This is the eighth meeting between these teams this season.

ISLANDERS
Goaltenders
1 Mike Dunham
39 Rick DiPietro

Defensemen
3 Tom Poti
6 Sean Hill
14 Chris Campoli
32 Brendan Witt
37 Marc-Andre Bergeron
44 Freddy Meyer

Forwards
7 Trent Hunter
10 Richard Park
11 Andy Hilbert
18 Mike Sillinger
20 Richard Zednik
25 Viktor Kozlov
27 Randy Robitaille
45 Arron Asham
55 Jason Blake
79 Alexei Yashin
81 Miroslav Satan
94 Ryan Smyth

PITTSBURGH
Goaltenders
29 Marc-Andre Fleury
41 Jocelyn Thibault

Defensemen
2 Josef Melichar
3 Mark Eaton
5 Rob Scuderi
6 Joel Kwiatkowski
19 Ryan Whitney
32 Alain Nasreddine
44 Brooks Orpik
55 Sergei Gonchar

Forwards
7 Michel Ouellet
8 Mark Recchi
10 Gary Roberts
11 Jordan Staal
12 Ryan Malone
16 Erik Christensen
20 Colby Armstrong
22 Chris Thorburn
25 Maxime Talbot
26 Ronald Petrovicky
27 Georges Laraque
28 Nils Ekman
37 Jarkko Ruutu
71 Evgeni Malkin
87 Sidney Crosby

NY Yslanders have a tough game against The Penguins and i cant help myself betting on this event.
I think i am addicted :) .
MY choice is NY Yslanders with low stake!
2.40@unibet

protech
22-03-07, 22:23
I totally agree with you. Carolina has to win this match since they are fighting for the place in play off, and is very near really of purpose. Washigton already without chances of the first eight, I think home team will win this match easily.

Minnesota should also win this match, they are in the very high form and they will want to occupy the better place in the table still.

The similar situation like Caroliny, the struggle about play off promotion ensured theoretically with team who has already for play off, it is possible, for security reasons NY should win to bet on ML.

Boston - Montreal 2
What do You think?

panto16
22-03-07, 22:42
Pick without analysis removed. /Karra

Satyr
22-03-07, 22:56
guys, don't forget that yesterday ALL favs cashed in, it's expected a big favorite will have a letdown moment today, but which one?

I'm thinking Detroit, even though it's the "most obvious pick" tonight, I think Ohio boys beat them tonight, will write more later on. Won't bet on this one though.

tkt
23-03-07, 01:50
The Panthers (31-29-13) will try to end their goal-scoring drought against the Ottawa Senators and avoid a season-series sweep as the two teams meet on Thursday night.

Florida's last goal against Ottawa (43-23-8) came Nov. 24 when Gary Roberts - since traded to Pittsburgh - scored on the power play at 3:29 of the third period of a 6-4 loss. The Panthers have since failed to score in 136 minutes, 31 seconds against Senators goaltenders Ray Emery and Martin Gerber.

Emery made 14 of his 31 saves in the third period of a 6-0 victory on Nov. 30 for the first of his five shutouts this season. Gerber was dominant in the first period of a 4-0 win on Feb. 14, stopping 15 shots en route to a 28-save performance for his only shutout since joining Ottawa after winning the Stanley Cup with Carolina last year.

Enough stats, I think Florida might score some goals today, but I don't think it will be enough. For me this game is clear away win in regulation!

odds 2.05 @ Nordicbet look pretty good!

The Coyotes have lost five of their past six at home and have given up 18 goals in their last three losses at Jobing.Com Arena. Recent history suggests Anaheim should be able to get back on track and set the two club records Thursday. The Ducks have won six of the season's first seven games against Phoenix, the Western Conference's worst team, going into the final meeting. Anaheim has taken 16 of the last 19 matchups and earned points in 18 of those games. Enough information for Anaheim to get back on track today and do it in regulation...

odds 1.75look pretty good...

RAPID
23-03-07, 10:19
Wild (1.65 @ Expekt) 7/10

Maybe some other thoughts...? :idea:

Carolina Hurricanes - Washington Capitals
pick:Carolina Hurricanes
1.61@pinnacle
or
Carolina(-1,5)-1.97@10bet

Gl!

MY choice is NY Yslanders with low stake!
2.40@unibet

Nice american job.Thanks Gigx and thanks to one of the best tipster on nhl hanniball!

protech
23-03-07, 12:49
Great day in nhl, the fouvrites was win. Carolina, Montreal, Minnesota, NY Isalnders easy wins. Nice previews guyz, this round its big profits.

sorry for my eng.