Aves 7.00 X 3.90FC Porto 1.40

Monday, January 15, 2007
Academica Coimbra 5.75 X 3.45 Benfica 1.55

Odds from Bwin

ApostaGanha
12-01-07, 10:37
Desp Aves vs FC Porto
Pick: FC Porto (-1,5) @2.20 at Interwetten

After a disaster called Atletico, Porto's players have to say sorry to their supporters. I bet that Pinto da Costa (Porto's president) dont told good things to the players because being eliminated of the Cup by a 3rd league team its a shame for every Porto's supporter...

Back to the championship. Porto leads with a good advantage against the rivals. Away from home Porto only lost against Braga and the only draw was against Sporting. The rest are 5 victories. 2 of them for a goal and 3 for more than a goal.

Desp Aves is a very weak team. It was tough with Oliveirense at home, but won 1-0. At home has 2 victories and 5 defeats. Only Sporting won for more than a goal. Its one of the weakest teams in league.

I think Porto has an excellent team this year. They had an upset last sunday but things will go back to normal. And I think they will do it at Vila das Aves and win for more than a goal.

Confidence: 8/10

By Sylv

http://www.apostaganha.pt/viewtopic.php?t=4948

tupcho
12-01-07, 13:03
i'm thinking over backing maritimo today.. boavista form is not so good. they are so unpredictable at home so far (lost from nacional, naval, drew with aves..) on other hand maritimo made some good results (beat 1-4 braga away, beat academica 1-2) but their last game at home vs Belenenses doubts me a little bit (lost 1-4) are there some important missings for both teams?

thanks in advance

Wampyro_
12-01-07, 16:40
tupcho, don't forget that Maritimo lost in the past weekend, for the Portuguese Cup, against a 2sd League Team

Cabete
12-01-07, 18:44
i'm thinking over backing maritimo today.. boavista form is not so good. they are so unpredictable at home so far (lost from nacional, naval, drew with aves..) on other hand maritimo made some good results (beat 1-4 braga away, beat academica 1-2) but their last game at home vs Belenenses doubts me a little bit (lost 1-4) are there some important missings for both teams?

Boavista Results:

16.10 H: Naval 0:1 (0:0) L
21.10 H: Nacional 0:4 (0:2) L
30.10 A: Ferreira 0:2 (0:1) L
04.11 H: Aves 2:1 (0:1) W
19.11 A: Leiria 0:0 (0:0) D
24.11 H: Amadora 1:1 (0:1) D
02.12 A: Porto 0:2 (0:0) L
09.12 H: Beira Mar 3:0 (2:0) W
18.12 A: Braga 2:2 (1:2) D

Boavista-Maritimo:

Boavista is always a hard team to beat at home. Don´t forget that Boavista change is coach Petrovic for Jaime Pacheco after they play against Nacional (lost 0-4). Booth teams fight for a place in uefa cup, Maritimo (5º place in the table) 22 points and Boavista with 16 points (6 behind). Maritimo lost the last 2 games and throw out many scoring opportunities, soo there confidence is not very high at the moment. They have 1 injured player Alex (Center Back). Boavista has 1 injured player Mário Silva (side back). The last 5 games boavista has a record of 3W 1E 1D against Maritimo. They have to win, if they want to achieve top 5.

Pick:Boavista Odd:2.10
Stake:4/10 Bookmaker:Interwetten

Benfikista
12-01-07, 21:23
Boavista v Marítimo
My Pick: No bet

Boavista had a very easy Cup match last weekend. The game was solved very early, with a two-goal lead, and the rest of the match consisted mostly of possession of the ball. In the end, a natural and comfortable 3-1 win over Macedo de Cavaleiros guaranteed Boavista a place in the next round. For this Friday’s match, Coach Jaime Pacheco will be without two full backs, on the left, Mário Silva and on the right, Bessa are unavailable which will lead to some adaptations at the back of Boavistas's defence. In goal, veteran goalkeeper William, as a coach option, should replace Khadim.
Marítimo were surprised at Penafiel. The team from Madeira played away from home to a second league team, but still they were outplayed, outclassed and dominated by an inferior team. In the end, the 0-1 defeat was a punishment for an arrogant attitude by Marítimo, which always seemed more interested in defending the draw than trying to get a goal. After last week’s exit of the Cup, coach Ulisses Morais now travels to Porto has a full squad to choose from with the exception of forward Martin Prest, although central defender Alex is doubtful. Meanwhile, winger Diogo Valente, on-loan from Porto, should make his debut in the starting eleven.

Boavista has been struggling at home thus far. With seven matches played, the men from Bessa have only three wins, which is a poor record for a team that is supposedly fighting for a Uefa Cup place. On the other hand, Marítimo was coming from an impressive record, but lost their last two matches, the last one of them against a Second League team, Penafiel, which cost them their participation in this year’s Portuguese Cup. I reckon this was a big blow on their morale, therefore, I expect a cautious Marítimo team in the Bessa Stadium, essentially defending their goal, and looking for goals on the counter attack. The hosts are far from impressive in offensive terms, with only 17 goals scored from 14 matches so far. Overall, I think the under 2.5 goals outcome is a likely outcome, but given the odds, I will skip it, furthermore, I really can’t give much favouritism to the home side, and a draw would also be a natural outcome.

Cabete
13-01-07, 01:39
My picks for the weekend go to my blog....

http://filixlionsoccerpicks.blog.com/

Benfikista
13-01-07, 14:10
Nacional v Sp.Braga

Nacional had a rough match against second league Vizela, and despite the large numbers, the game was very hard, with a good resilience by the visitors, hanging on as much as they could. Until Nacional managed their first goal, the game was very complicated for them. In the end the 3-0 win, is a misleading outcome, but Nacional were fair winners. For this delicate match against Braga, Coach Carlos Brito has many players absent due to injuries: Adriano, Luciano, Juliano, Chilikov and Cléber are all first team players ruled out, while winger Pateiro is still doubtful
Braga entered last week’s tie against Portimonense asleep and found themselves 0-1 down. Still, a nice comeback, with lot of attacking football, and against a poor defence gave Braga a comfortable 5-2 win over the Algarve team. Travelling to the Madeira Islands, Coach Rogério Gonçalves has winger Maciel, midfielder Andres Madrid and defender Carlos Fernandes unavailable trough injury, while midfielder João Pinto suspended for two matches. However, defender Nem who is coming back from injury, should get back to his best form in time. Out of option will also be right striker Marcel, which is trying to find a new club in Brazil

I think we will see a very balanced match, heavily disputed in the midfield area. The hosts are always a tough nut to crack in the Choupana, but on the other side, Braga is stronger after the winter break with a couple of important winter signings. Since Nacional is a consistent team, especially at home, and Braga won’t play very open in such a tough pitch to play in, I think the draw is a very nice bet. Both teams on the upper side of the table, and given the circumstances, a draw is an acceptable result for the hosts, since they are playing a stronger opponent, but also for the visitors, because a draw in the Choupana is never a bad result.

My preview and pick for Belenenses v Sporting can be found on my blog
Please leave comment, thanks !

Lock-E
14-01-07, 05:13
Simply incredible, so far the Portuguese Liga has come up with a 1-1, 0-0 and another 0-0. This doesn't happen. Last season there were 7 0-0 @ a strike rate of 7%. I would start laying the draw on all the next games as there probably won't be any more draws coming. It should balance out. I really like Porto next up and Benfica.

HASH stitch
14-01-07, 05:27
My picks for the weekend go to my blog....

http://filixlionsoccerpicks.blog.com/please post it here. thank u.

panaceum
14-01-07, 09:31
uhm... why odds on Port are rising up ?
anyone knows ?? :o

Benfikista
14-01-07, 12:29
Desportivo Aves v FC Porto
My Pick: Away Win 9/10
Desportivo das Aves managed a very narrow win against second Division team Oliveirense. Once again, the team from Vila das Aves had many problems to score, although they did create a good number of good goal chances. The final 1-0 outcome was a fair result, but nevertheless, Aves was expected to be more dominant. Hosting the current league leaders, coach Neca has a full squad to choose from, since Leandro that has been training lightly should return in time to take on Porto.
Porto comes from one of their biggest upsets in history, with a 0-1 home defeat to lowly second league club, Atlético de Portugal. The Dragons were overconfident and arrogant, and only after being 0-1 down in the second half they gave some pace to the match, and nevertheless a penalty kick in the dying stages of added time, Quaresma missed it, and Porto went crashing out of the Cup in the first round against an amateur team. After the shocking defeat, Coach Jesualdo Ferreira sees the return of Lucho Gonzalez and Pepe after injury, as well as forward Tomo Sokota, finally back after an 8-month period of absence. The injured list remains the same, with Pedro Emanuel, Jorginho and Anderson all recovering from major injuries, which will prevent them from training for a couple of more weeks.

The visitors will have a very troubled league right up to the end. With halfway of the Season gone, it is now confirmed that Aves will be one of the teams fighting to avoid relegation. The team from Vila das Aves has lost too many points at home, and that is one of the major reasons to their low place in the league table. However, Porto is not the best of opponents to get back to winning ways. The Dragons are hurt on their pride after last week’s Cup exit, so fans and coach will be demanding a lot from the players this Sunday. Porto is quite superior to Aves, both as a team but also individually. I expect Porto to enter the match very strong and dominant with the hosts having problems to create goal chances, and I really can’t see Porto going blank again. Away win is my pick here.

The rest of today's matches previews can be found on my blog

jojozastal
14-01-07, 12:48
hi Benfikista what do you think about Leiria - : - Estrela Amadora 1 ? ;)

rantaplan1
14-01-07, 13:05
Odds for home win are falling all the time...Any latest news by anybody from Portugal ?

ser nicky
15-01-07, 10:27
Any info about tonight`s match between Academica and Benfica ? It looks like a clear away win,Benfica played very good last week in Dubai tournament against Bayern and Lazio...

Benfikista,do you have opinion about this game?Thx in advance...

Firmans
15-01-07, 16:52
Any info about tonight`s match between Academica and Benfica ? It looks like a clear away win,Benfica played very good last week in Dubai tournament against Bayern and Lazio...

Sorry, but I don't get this "Benfica played very good", did you watch those 2 games?? You are talking rubbish! Benfica played some very bad football! Both games that benfica played were very boring and with NO goal chances... So next time you state smt like that be sure that you know what are you talking about

skin8
15-01-07, 17:02
well Firmans ,
do u have something constructive to contribute ?
if thats all u gotta say , better keep it quiet next time.

Dulle Rocco
15-01-07, 18:46
Let Benfica win tonight with one goal and one shot on goal and will be great!
I don`t care if somebody played bad or good,i need RESULT!

Benfikista
15-01-07, 18:59

Académica managed a convincing win during last weekend against Setubal. In an entertaining and open match, the Students were better in front of goal, managing to score two goals from a handful of goal chances. Even though scoring a highly controversial goal, Académica came out as fair winners by 2-1. This week, Coach Manuel Machado will be without defender Nuno Luís and midfielders Dionattan and Helder Barbosa all injured.
Benfica comes from a nice participation in the Dubai tournament where they came out winners among teams as Marseille, Lazio and Bayern Munich. Benfica played two matches and despite drawing both of them 0-0, they showed good defensive consistency and won both matches on penalties. For this weekend, Coach Fernando Santos has a major boost, which is the return of team maestro Rui Costa after a three-month absence trough injury, and also Italian forward Micolli is back after a couple of week's absence due to muscular distress. Both players should start from the bench thoug. The bad news is that the other creative midfielder Nuno Assis is out for the rest of the season suspended by a drug abuse charge, while Mexican forward Kikin Fonseca has left the clube for Tigres

The Students are highly irregular, but they are a very dangerous team. Despite having a mediocre defence, they have a very creative midfield and a couple of powerful men upfront that can do some harm to Benfica at the back. The visitors will be looking to get another win and thus hanging on to the pursuit of Porto and Sporting. Benfica now has the maestro Rui Costa back, and despite the fact he’s still looking for his best form, it will be a major add up to an already strong midfield. I take it that Benfica will dominate the match, and Académica will be trying to create goal chances on the counter attack. If Benfica manages to perform well at the back and avoid conceding goals, I think they have a very good chance to win this match comfortably.

Poison
15-01-07, 19:37
Basically I have nothing to add to what Benfikista explained in great detail. I've been following football for a while from the sport aspect and from the angle of astrology and Benfica has a great potential to win this match tonight.
Good luck.

ApostaGanha
15-01-07, 19:54
Desp Aves vs FC Porto
Pick: FC Porto (-1,5) @2.20 at Interwetten

After a disaster called Atletico, Porto's players have to say sorry to their supporters. I bet that Pinto da Costa (Porto's president) dont told good things to the players because being eliminated of the Cup by a 3rd league team its a shame for every Porto's supporter...

Back to the championship. Porto leads with a good advantage against the rivals. Away from home Porto only lost against Braga and the only draw was against Sporting. The rest are 5 victories. 2 of them for a goal and 3 for more than a goal.

Desp Aves is a very weak team. It was tough with Oliveirense at home, but won 1-0. At home has 2 victories and 5 defeats. Only Sporting won for more than a goal. Its one of the weakest teams in league.

I think Porto has an excellent team this year. They had an upset last sunday but things will go back to normal. And I think they will do it at Vila das Aves and win for more than a goal.

Confidence: 8/10

By Sylv

http://www.apostaganha.pt/viewtopic.php?t=4948

Desp Aves vs FC Porto 0-2

ser nicky
16-01-07, 09:59

Sorry, but I don't get this "Benfica played very good", did you watch those 2 games?? You are talking rubbish! Benfica played some very bad football! Both games that benfica played were very boring and with NO goal chances... So next time you state smt like that be sure that you know what are you talking about

OK,I`ll tell you:I didn`t watch game against Bayern Munchen,but I watched match against Lazio and I can confirm that Benfica was better side in this clash.I agree that were not many goal chances,but if you remember,Benfica had better opportunities,Mantoras hit the post five minutes before FT.

You can`t say that Benfica played awful just because they didn`t score.Defence is also part of the game,nowadays maybe the most important and holding serious clubs from Bundesliga and Serie A on goaless draw is everything but bad.If you look that way,Bayern scored 4 and Lazio 3 in their other games on tournament.And if you looked carefully,you could see how Rui Costa is important for improving Benfica`s creative power.

Mods,sory for off-topic,but I had to reply this time...