PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 25/2

taurus
25-02-04, 00:05
hope it's ok that I open this topic. good luck all!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor![/quote]

taurus
25-02-04, 00:07
My pick of the day:
Porto (+1/4) - Manchester United (0) 1, (1.80 @ Betinternet)
PICK WON - 2:1 Tomor

My preview can be read here:
http://www.fcbet.com/pick.asp?pickID=1779

Lyd
25-02-04, 00:11
My pick of the day:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I can't believe you were so fast... 8O and with MY pick :). I'll have to settle for second best then... just to find it. :?

taurus
25-02-04, 01:27
My pick of the day:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I can't believe you were so fast... 8O and with MY pick :). I'll have to settle for second best then... just to find it. :?

I had to grab the chance when I had it :) and good luck finding the second best bet

mikho
25-02-04, 09:14
my next pick of the day is
Real Sociedad San Sebastian - Olympique Lyon 1 @2.20 Premierbet
PICK LOST - 0:1 Tomor

Real Sociedad usually quite strong at home and very motivated cool guys from Spain will do everything.

"Lyon, meanwhile, are without captain and central defender Claudio Caçapa, who could miss the rest of the season after suffering cartilage damage against Le Mans UC 72 on Saturday" - says UEFA.COM. This will be really big minus for team.

Real without win in last 3 games in Spain 1. I am sure that they will stop their unfortunate performance.

Though Lyon has some good guys, I think Sociedad is only spanish team in this round which will celebrate win (don't expekt Depo to win agains Juve).

That is my conclusion. Maybe it isn't very big, but thats all I can say....something tells me that this game will end in the way I have already wrote you :)

Maple Leafs
25-02-04, 10:00
AFC CUP 2004

Valencia Malé (Maldives) - Home United (Singapore) take OVER 3,5 at 1,71 Gamebookers Stake 10/10
PICK LOST - 0:3 Tomor

No other way than a big score. Home United could have -2,5 goals to, but in this case the pick is less sure.

http://www.kooora.com/en.aspx?c=217

ALREADY PLAYED

Group D
Feb 11: Home United-Happy Valley 5-1
[Goncalves 30, 66, 72, De Oliveira 53, Indra 61; Jancula 69]
Feb 11: Perak-Valencia 2-0
[Seator 45, 60]

STANDING

1.Home United (Singapore) 1 1 0 0 5- 1 3
2.Perak 1 1 0 0 2- 0 3
3.Valencia (Malé) 1 0 0 1 0- 2 0
4.Happy Valley (Hongkong) 1 0 0 1 1- 5 0

part_ua
25-02-04, 10:15
My last pick was voided :(. I must repeat my 6th pick!.
France ATP Open 13:

Coria G. vs Davydenko N. * set betting, Coria win 2-0 * (1.9 @ Gamebookers) / 7-6 6-3 Pick WON!

H2H 1-0:

2002 Carpet Guillermo Coria 6-3 7-5

Arguments:

1. 2002 season was not good for Coria, but he easy beat Davydenko in not favorite surface.
2. Guillermo won Buenos Aeros clay and show excellent and strong game in last matches. Coria very like won 2-0, in 2003 90% of his victory's have 2-0 or score.
3. Everyone know that ***1057;oria so called a King of Clay, but it has promised in interview that in this year he must up play level in Hard surfaces.

I think this good bet, dont see on avatar :D :D

My February stats:

3/5 picks (+21 pts)

6.Farina Elia vs Patty Schnyder, set betting * Farina won 2-0 * (VOID)
5.Martin VERKERK - Jarkko NIEMINEN *pick 2* (WON)
4.UTA Jazz -vs Minnesota TWolfs, Minnesota team total over 91.5 (LOSE)
3.RBC Roosendaal - RKC Waalwijk, *pick 1* (LOSE)
2.Berrer M. vs Stoliarov A. *pick 1* (WON)
1.Ulihrach B. vs Sanguinetti D, *pick 1* (WON)

strandns
25-02-04, 10:56
My last POD:
so far 6/9
Nottingham Forest - Gillingham 1 2.00@B&W
PICK LOST - 0:0 Tomor

Nottingham Forest home record 4-5-6
Gillingham away record 3-5-6

Nottingham Forest showed some signs of improvement last weeks, but were unlucky to grab that long-waited win. Still 3rd from the bottom, and before the season even a candidates for promotion!
When predicting the end of a long strike, there's always the question: why today? Well, here are some reasons:
- they scored 3 goals their last home game against Walsol
- King and Chopra finally improved the attack
- facing a direct rival for survival means points are double valuable
- guests on a pour run of form

Beezeri
25-02-04, 10:57
Wow...can I make it 3 in a row :roll:

Nottingham - Gillingham Home win @ 2,00 (Bet365)

Prediction (http://bbetting.125mb.com)

Beezeri
25-02-04, 10:58

Looks like I can't...damn you're fast strandns
It was just seconds

arttex
25-02-04, 11:14
Real Sociedad - Olympic Lyon Under 2.5 @1.80 Ladbrokes Won (0:1)
Nice odds for under at Ladbrokes. Sociedad is a host, but I don't think they have so much self-confidence to play open game here. With Kovacevic more or less out of form, and Lyon with exellent and fast strikers, they should watch their back first, and rely on fast Nihat. Lyon as a guest will do the same. Karpin is doubtfull, but I think he will play. Sociedad probably with only one striker.

And last, but not least:
It could be tricky speaking, in trying to mislead opponent, but these are the words from two coaches:

Denoueix (Sociedad): "We must get the best result possible from this home tie and not leak any goals because they may be worth double when we travel to Lyon for the deciding game."

Le Guen (Lyon):"Our first objective is not to concede a goal. Our defence has made enormous progress this year, and we’re going to try to continue along the same lines."

Simple as that.

betcollector
25-02-04, 11:25
Current status 4/7 +37

Odds have come in slightly on this one but I need a pick today and this looks like a good one.

Monaco to beat Horna 1.8 Centrebet Costa Do Sauipe Tennis
PICK LOST - 46 16 Tomor

I've been impressed with Monaco's performances recently. He definitely looks like an up and coming player. He disposed of Massu easily yesterday and now faces Horna, in my opinion an easier opponent.

Monaco's record is good this year he won a challenger in Brazil on hard and in Buenos Aires last week came very close to upsetting Coria (3 tough sets), the top seed and eventual winner.

Horna is an average player his record is W1 L6 on the tour this year, his sole victory coming against Hormazabal, not exactly awe inspiring. He got beaten up by Coria in Buenos Aires 61, 62 so you can also draw a line in the form.

I would be surprised if Monaco doesn't win this one and I'm sure the odds will continue to fall throughout the day.

PRAG
25-02-04, 11:37
My last POD:
so far 6/9
Nottingham Forest - Gillingham 1 2.00@bet365

Sure enough such odds are nowhere to be found among English bookies. Since early this morning Bet365 has them at 1.83 and W.Hill (formerly also at 2.00) at 1.80 !!! Did you get them from BetBrain or something ???
But... you're lucky, B&W still seems unconvinced and is holding firm at 2.00 !!! You might want to edit your post with that amendment, strands ... :wink:

Cheers 8)

Filipo
25-02-04, 11:43
Pick Number 7 (up to now 4/6 +135)

Deportivo La Coruna - Juventus X @3.10 BetAndWin (2.50 for the competition)
PICK LOST - 1:0 Tomor

This match will be very tough for both teams. I think that from this couple Juvntus will proceed to the quartefinals, and one draw in the first match will be very good for them.
Last Meetings in Champions League:
2000/2001: (first group phase)
Juventus - La Coruna 0-0
La Coruna - Juventus 1-1
2001/2002 (second group phase)
Juventus - La Coruna 0-0
La Coruna - Juventus 2-0
2002/2003 (second group phase)
La Coruna - Juventus 2-2
Juventus - La Coruna 3-2 (Igor Tudor scored in 90')

so from 6 matches 1 win for La Coruna and 1 win for Juventus.

The probable line-ups:
La Coruna - Molina; Pablo, Scaloni, Capdevilla, Romero; Serhio, Mauro Silva, Waleron, Wictor; Tristan, Luque
Juventus - Bufon; Ferrara, Montero, Iuliano, Legrotaglie; Maresca, Camoranesi, Dzambrotta, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

The powers of both teams is equalled and will be very difficult to anyone from them to beat the another. The tradition supports the draw, and now the situation is good for my favourite - the Italian side.

varganya
25-02-04, 11:58
20:45 Deportivo La Coruña - Juventus FC 1 * 2.50 * betandwin

WON 1-0 by Luque goal +150

pod stats 4/7

I see Filipo took x and gave the line ups too.

The absences for the Italian champion will be Enzo Maresca and Igor Tudor. The Croatian midfielder is injured as he suffers from pains in his back. It was planned that he would travel to La Coruña but his condition got worse and he will stay in Turin after all.

Basque coach Javier Irureta of Deportivo about last year match :
That match finished 2-2 after we had taken a 2-0 lead because Italians never give up. It's a lesson we have learned and we will keep in mind during the match of tonight.

It's seems that coach Javier Irureta will use the "old" 4-2-3-1 to play this important match. This means that Mauro Silva and Sergio could be in midfield, but Jabo could also try to modify the formation with Fran playing instead of the Catalan. In that case Valerón and Fran would try to create fast moves in the attack with the intention of generating surprise in the Italian defence.

All an all, Juve yet to win at Riazor and Depor holds the upper hand.
Last year 3-2 away leg Juventus beat Deportivo by a injury-time goal of Tudor. Fortune should be even up this time for the home team...

bera
25-02-04, 12:06
Pick no7:(4win-2lost):
VFB Stuttgart - Chelsea London FC 2 @2.55 GB
(for this competition: 2.5)
PICK WON - 0:1 Tomor

Chelsea lost almost every chance to win Premier League, exit from both cups(from England) and CL is the last chance to win un trophy.
Carlo Cudicini back fromgroin injury, Crespo and Duff also back in the team after injury, only absentee for Chelsea will be Mutu.
Stuttgart have a bad return of Bundesliga, 1 win , 1 draws, and 2 lost.
I know this is CL but i think the players from Chelsea gave all to go in the next round, and they begin with a win at Stuttgart.
GL

Per
25-02-04, 12:51
Damn it - CAPITAN grabbed my bet for today...

But you should perhaps be fearful that I'm on to CHelsea as well with my recent form :wink:

Oh well, have to find another one then I guess.

Ok then, 10th bet and right now I'm 3/9 and -358... hard to see I've been invloved in top ten places 2 of 3 months but this last 4-5 weeks has been horrible. And after Luton's fallout last night I'm going to finish in losing numbers :cry: :cry:

Anyway, here's what I hope for is a decent ending to a terrible month.

Sweden Trotting, Solvalla Race 7 - starting tonight@8.15 pm.

To place 1-3, Gift of Europe @1,60 with Unibet

A horse with high capacity, has placed in 9 out of 11 livetime races and won 6 of those. Gift of Europe is also rated as one of the big favourites to win this race with the price of winning being dropped during the day from 3,50 to 3,00 at Unibet - that's a cut by 14% so the money and the expectations are on here. But there's a few other able horses in this one too, like Usbekin, so I'm more then happy to take 1,60 to place instead of the win.

Bet lost... that's it from me for a while - I'm taking a serious break from betting for some time and I'll be back some time in March.

strandns
25-02-04, 13:06

Looks like I can't...damn you're fast strandns
It was just seconds

Oooh, sorry, my friend, can't believe how similar we are thinking that early in the day, just seconds...
And it was a fair-play, as none of us reserved a pick and then edited to write arguments.
Just hope we don't end like Arbiter and Macot the other day, when their pick failed to deliver :wink:
PRAG, thanks for the odds, seems that Beezeri and me took it for granted from the main page...

Arsenal Forever
25-02-04, 13:36
PORTO - MANCHESTER UNITED (over 2 1/2) 2.025 @ Pointbet
PICK WON - 2:1 Tomor

Manchester United has problems in central defense, with Rio Ferdinand suspended and Mikael Silvestre injured at the weekend. Silvestre has suffered an ankle injury and will be sidelined for three weeks. Manager Alex Ferguson will likely start Roy Keane in the middle of the defense next to John O'Shea despite the captain's reported disinterest in the position.

Costinha, one of the key players in the Porto midfield, will miss the UEFA Champions League game against Manchester United due to suspension, and Derlei an important missing if we look at the top scorer for them.

Like the previous game I'm expecting a lot of goals. Manchester with out Ferdinand has a lot of holes in their defense and their opponent very easy can score, on the other side their strikers are top of class and nightmare for any opponent, and Porto is playing excellent in their league. But this thing will worth nothing because we all know that the Portuguese Liga is a weak one, with poor teams. Porto simply has no opponent in the league. But against big teams they are not so tough, even if they won last seasons UEFA Cup. They manage to draw with Real Madrid at Bernabeu, but Real was already qualified, and they didn’t fight too much. Besides, Porto will miss their main goal scorer, Derlei. He is responsible for Portos won against Celtic in the UEFA Cup final.
Manchester United was experiencing some problems in the group stage when they lost to Stuttgart 2-1. But they had their revenge when they beat Stuttgart in Old Trafford 2-0. But beside that they won all the games against Rangers and Panathinaikos. They are a strong team and they have a strong tradition in Europe and they will qualify for the next round. In the league they are strong, on second place with 18 wins, three draws and five losses. They have scored 50 goals and conceded 24. They have the second best attack. Now they have signed Saha, a young and talented player who plays very good in attack with Ruud.

So let's hope that we will watch good football tonight with lots of goals :lol:

Tomor
25-02-04, 13:54
Current status 4/7 +37

Odds have come in slightly on this one but I need a pick today and this looks like a good one.

[b]Monaco to beat Horna 1.8 Centrebet Costa Do Sauipe Tennis[b]

I've been impressed with Monaco's performances recently. He definitely looks like an up and coming player. He disposed of Massu easily yesterday and now faces Horna, in my opinion an easier opponent.

Monaco's record is good this year he won a challenger in Brazil on hard and in Buenos Aires last week came very close to upsetting Coria (3 tough sets), the top seed and eventual winner.

Horna is an average player his record is W1 L6 on the tour this year, his sole victory coming against Hormazabal, not exactly awe inspiring. He got beaten up by Coria in Buenos Aires 61, 62 so you can also draw a line in the form.

I would be surprised if Monaco doesn't win this one and I'm sure the odds will continue to fall throughout the day.

It´s quite frustrating for me... :cry: 3 times in row has somebody take my pick... so maybe tommorow i´ll be lucky and can take my last pick...

Lucien
25-02-04, 14:02
Pick of the day 25.2.:

Boston Celtics - Milwaukee Bucks (-1) away win odds 2.00 Pinnacle Sports
PICK WON - 104:106 Tomor

MIL is 6-3 ATS in the last nine meetings. Over is 14-3 in MIL's last 17 overall. MIL ranks 7th in defense allowing 97.0 pts/gm. The last four meetings have played over. BOS is 5-14-1 ATS in their last 20 home games. BOS' last three overall have played under.

I like Milwaukee to bounce back with a win at Boston. It is quite clear that the Celtics are just "going through" the motions, as the Celtics have been a loser in 6 in a row, and 12 of 13! They are also returning home after a 7-game road swing.
The Bucks have won the last pair of season meetings with the Celtics, cracking the century mark in both affairs, and have taken 7 of the last 10 SU with Boston. Milwaukee ranks 2nd in NBA in ATS standings with 33-22-1 balance.

Overall in February: 6/9

Lucien

juankaan
25-02-04, 15:06
Match; Stuttgart - Chelsea
Pick; DRAW @2.50 for the comb @any bookie (BETTINGADVICEBET.com)
Analysis; HARD looking But LOW SCORING match i see here.. CHELSEA has problems to play vs defencing teams, they have also problems in playing vs difficult style playing teams... Their only advantage is that PLAY AWAY !!!!!
Stuttgart on the other side is also some team i never like...
A team that wins 1-0 (maritimo another exp...) is never a team to bet on !!!!
This match should end with a DRAW until a goal is scored....But i don't see ANY GOAL scored here.. 0-0 DRAW is a GREAT SCORE for STUTTGART !!

Verdict ; 0-0

PRAG
25-02-04, 15:50
Good afternoon !!!

So far, up to (and including) Tuesday 24/2 : +21 points, 3/5 picks

My pick of the day for Wednesday is from the Dutch Eredivisie :

Den Haag (0 & +0.5) v Roda (0 & -0.5)............................... :arrow: 1............................1.82 at Pinnacle

Roda won 4 and drew one of their last 5 games, but this great run of form has seen them play a bit too many games for my liking. Tonight they'll be missing a couple of regulars too and, one has to think, they might just be more focused on the upcoming game at PSV, where they'll fancy their chances against a tired/unmotivated/depleted opponent who will have played a Thursday night UEFA Cup game in Italy... Den Haag, on the other hand, is fighting hard for every single point in their effort to put some distance between them and the relegation spots (Den Haag 17 - Vollendam 16 - Vitesse 15 - Zwolle 11 are the current bottom 4 in Holland, Den Haag with a game in hand). In their latest two games at home they managed both their first home win of the season (1-0 v Groningen) and a fighting 2-2 draw against Feyenoord ! Obviously they've shown some spirit and they'll be superbly motivated ahead of tonight's game. A possible draw here wins half the bet for us, but I honestly think Roda will have to fight hard to avoid defeat despite their good form ! The visitors would rather settle for a draw on this, their own game in hand, which would consolidate their position in the UEFA Cup spots of the table, but since the guests will be going for the win I suppose it's risky to try and guess which attitude will prevail here... Besides, that's the reason I had to avoid this rather obvious OVER 2.5 pick, although I have the feeling that too many goals would rather mean plenty of scores for the guests too... Anyway, Den Haag with a full squad will give Roda a run for their money here and, since it's often wise to back motivated sides from this time of the year onward, I'll take this pick confidently !!!

Good luck to all 8)

PICK WON (1-0) Motivation prevailed, and UNDER was an extra bonus : as I said, for the hosts to win the "rather obvious" OVER would have to be compromised !!!

Arbiter Elegantiarum
25-02-04, 16:22
Hehe, those who remember, know that I also like tennis but don`t have time this year to discuss everyday... Waiting for summer when I`ll jin with everyday discussion.

But might take a bet sometimes, aye?

Behrend, Thomas vs Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben 1 odds 2,25 Bet365

WON - see, I`m eagerly waiting to be able for more time for tennis betting :)

Behrend might not have a good season... 1-5 record this year... But he is good player. Able to get a good run sometimes. Last year on clay he was 22-6 including challengers. yesterday he defeated Carlos Moya! This must boost his confidence! Also if I remmber Behrend is German but with Brazilian origins. He will surely want to make good play in Brazil...

Ramirez-Hidalgo is also clay-only player. 4-5 overall this year. Also nothing special, average player but also able to make good runs, last yera on clay 25-12. iIn first round he beat weak Levy.

Behrend`s win was more impressive.

h2h is 1-2
6/2004 ATP Vina del Mar (CHI) Clay Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo Tomas Behrend 6-1 3-6 6-3 First Round
2/2004 ATP Sydney (AUS) Hard Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo Tomas Behrend 6-4 4-6 6-3 q-First Round
42/2001 CH Brasilia (BRA) Clay Tomas Behrend Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo 6-4 6-4 Quarterfinals

Ramirez won twice this year a match between this two!! But i think on Brazilian courts Behrend will once again win like 3 years ago. Matches between this two are rather level and in Costa do Sauipe I give advantage to Behrend who is priced as underdog, I don`t agree with this.

w84daddy
25-02-04, 17:10
Today's pick

New Jersey (+5) vs. Minnesota (-5) 2 @ 1.91 [gamebookers]
PICK WON - 68:81 Tomor

New Jersey had an incredible run, but as we know all good things come to an end. They are due for a loss and I think the Garnett Man and the Timberwolf pack will stop the Nets tonite. The teams in the East are no match for the Top teams in the West, and that what Garnett & Co are.

Good luck!
:D
w84daddy

Stefano
25-02-04, 17:19
w84daddy already took NBA game NJ @ MIN and picked 2 with handicap, can I take an over 181 bet?
If it's so, I'm going to write the comment, please let me know.

chika Majkas
25-02-04, 17:19
Deportivo - JUVENTUS , pick 2 - @2.85 (2.50) - (GB) 1:0 - BET LOST

Juventus always play champions league with 100% motive , Marchelo Lipi are well known as good motivator , but , should players have biger motive of champions league ? :)
Deportivo dont have good result in past time , they almost win this game to be in some advatage against Juve , in my eyes , that is not possibile , Juve is too strong for them for me , all players are ready to beat them , if deportivo go to attack them , that should be good positions for Juve midfileders and attackers for contra , i think this will be great game of Juve , to everybody see that they are not "go down" after Rome...
and when we have odd 2.85 on Juve ? who is deportivo ? :roll:
1:3 !
ALE FORZA JUVE ALE

Stefano
25-02-04, 17:46
well.....I'm going out so I don't have time for an answer :(
I'll write the comment as well, if I'm breaking the rules please consider the pick void :oops:
here we go
NJ Nets @ MIN Twolves OVER 181 points @ 1.91 GAMEBOOKERS
PICK LOST - 68:81 Tomor

Two teams on fire, New Jersey comes from 14 (!) wins in a row, but things are getting a little difficult tonight, when they face Minnesota in a big form too, with a better overall record (41-16) and a great score at home (21-7). This will be a tight match, difficult to say who is going to win, I would choose MIN because long streaks are made to be broken and I see MIN as a better team, but this match is almost unpredictable. Then I go on over 181. Minnesota always scores a lot, and has an average of 95.6 points. Moreover, center Alonzo Mourning won't be of the game because of injure, and I think that this means less blocks and less rebounds = more points. I'm only afraid of the fact that both teams played yesterday, so they can feel a bit tired, but well I trust in Garnett and in the assists of Jason Kidd on the other side, let's see what happens!
Good luck to everyone! :wink:

tahoma
25-02-04, 17:48
w84daddy already took NBA game NJ @ MIN and picked 2 with handicap, can I take an over 181 bet?
If it's so, I'm going to write the comment, please let me know.
Yes, that's ok.

John_JUVE
25-02-04, 18:15
Pick no8 3/7 -198

Porto-ManUtd ,Porto score over 1,5 total goals 2.40 Nordicbet 2-1 FT BET WON

I think this is one of most value bets of the day...I explain:

:arrow: I think most people agree that Porto is clear favorite for this game.ManUtd is not in good shape and the odd for Porto's win is great.
:arrow: We all agree that this is one of the best games for over 2.5.Two offensive minded teams with medium level defences meet each other.
:arrow: Porto knows that if they want to qualify,they must win today,otherwise things will be very difficult in Manchester.
:arrow: ManUtd defense is tragically bad in last 4,5 games...Today they'll have the 2 Nevilles,Fortune and o'Shea at the back...
:arrow: I am sure Porto will score at least one and only if they are winning 1-0 after 75min,they won't try so hard to score another one...

After all even a 2-1 defeat for ManUtd is not so bad at all... :D :D :D

Maple Leafs
25-02-04, 18:16
Arbiter Elegantiarum

What is your pick ? You give the name of 5 players, your pick is considerate like wrong :lol:

dissection
25-02-04, 18:40
Heereveen-AJax
pick away odds 1.45
You have to write more arguments or this pick will be unvalid. Tomor

Ajax is very strong team so I don't exspect any surprices

smagdanoz
25-02-04, 19:09
What a great comprehensiveness!!!Could you be more specific in your preview!

Arbiter Elegantiarum
25-02-04, 19:10
Arbiter Elegantiarum

What is your pick ? You give the name of 5 players, your pick is considerate like wrong :lol:Eh? hehehehe :lol:

You know this dialogue, from famous polish book "Potop" by Henryk Sienkiewicz (about wars in XVI century):

"Tommorow is the final strike - said approaching Zag***322;oba
- I know. And how is Ketling doing?
- Who? You meant Hassling?
- Whatever, becuase he has two surnames, like it is common among Englishman, Scots and other nations.
- Oh, yes, right - replied Zag***322;oba - And Spaniard for example have different surname for every day in the week"
:wink:

Weity
25-02-04, 21:41
February stats: 3/8 -205 :oops:

I still have 2 picks to finish this month, which looks like my worst month in this competition. But no matter how bad my record is, I will always play until the end and post all 10 (or 15) picks.
So today I will take a little risier pick than usual, but I think it is nice value in this pick.

NBA:
Phoenix Suns - New York Knicks - 2 @ 2.32 (Pinnacle)
PICK LOST - 113:95 Tomor

Both teams are not playing well lately. Phoenix is on 8 games losing streak and New York lost 5 of last 6 games. But I think that NY is much better team and has more quality players than Phoenix. Plus, I think Wilkens, the NY coach, is one of the best and he should be able to find a way out of losing streak.
These two teams made a big trade not long ago and it will be interesting to see which of those swaped players will be more motivated and will be more succesful with their new teams. I think that NY got more with Marbury and Hardaway than Phoenix and Marbury will be man of the match if you ask me. He will surely score over 20 points and dish around 10 assists. I just hope that Marion or Stoudemire won't have one of tose crazy nights with over 30 points...
Alan Houston is expected to be back tonight from injury for NY and that is just one more good news for them.
So, with more quality and great coach, I think NY will be able to win in Phoenix.

good luck! :wink:

woolf
25-02-04, 22:30
American Hockey

Carolina@Washington

Whose worse? Could care less :D Capitals winless in 2 playing against a weak-on-the-road team (8-15-4-1) which is coming of a big upset win at Toronto. Carolina is playing their 2nd game of a 4 game road trip. Washington has dominated Carolina the past few years posting a record of 10-1-3 in the last 14 matchups. Carolina is also winless in its last six at Washington (0-5-1) . Not much of a play for the capitals but more a bet against the Hurricanes.

:arrow: Washington Capitals -.5 2.17 @ Pinnacle

Dead_Eye
25-02-04, 23:51
Hi

My pick for tonight

Nuggets - Lakers -2,5 2 1,926 Pinnacle
PICK LOST - 111:112 Tomor

LA almost in full squad, they miss only Mailman. Shaq is in superb condition - who's gonna stop him? Injury-man Camby who is thin like cigarette? This is the crucial factor of today's game. Without Shaq LA won with Denver 97-71. Kobe will have additional motivation in Colorado State (sexual assault trial is in this state). Lakers are on winning streak and they want to keep back on the track.

Denver is in a little slump. Look on their last games. Lost with: Orlando, Miami, Memphis...

Games this season:

Dec 19 @ L.A. Lakers LAL 101-99
Jan 7 Denver DEN 113-91
Jan 14 @ L.A. Lakers LAL 97-71

Although I am not LA fan, I expect they will not lost in Colorado second time...

Greetings