PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the Day 24/2

arttex
23-02-04, 23:18
There is no moderators online so... Milan under, Arsenal win, Bayern draw...you name it. Just be at your best. Good Luck!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

arttex
23-02-04, 23:19
I'm going to sleep, and I'm afraid that some of you fellows may take it :wink: , so:

Celta(0,+0.5)-Arsenal 2 @1.93 Pinnacle Won (2:3)

I prefered level ball here, but losing half of the stakes in the case of draw, is still not bad.

Preview here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com//viewtopic.php?p=125548#125548

haZart_Jack
23-02-04, 23:22
Pick 9 (February)
Sparta Prague - AC Milan
UEFA Champions League

Eyes on statistics:
:arrow: Milan conceded no goals in their all 3 CL away matches this season (0-0 with Celta and 1-0 with Ajax and Brugge)
:arrow: Head-to-head. This teams have met 4 times. Milan is leading 3-1-0 with 4:0g.d., so Sparta didn't score in all 4 meetings
:arrow: Milan is 6-2-0 in their last 8 away league games this season. In these 8 matches they have conceded only 1 goal and this happened last round

Before the game:
:arrow: Sparta did't started convincingly after the break. Not easy win 4-3 against the 13th placed Opava and only 0-0 at home against Pribram. Surely they think mainly about the match against Milan. But the Italian team is in better condition. Milan already have played a lot of matches.
:arrow: I can't remember when Milan conceded goals in so many consecutive matches. Milan allowed Inter, Lecce, Lazio(2 times) and Perugia to score them 10 goals in 5 matches. This series must end.

The match:
The Europen club champion Milan against the surprise Sparta. Milan is more classy, experienced and balanced team. Sparta is interesting team, but Milan is a machine. They will travel and take what they need. I am sure if everything goes normal they won't allow goals. It will be OK for Milan if the first match end 0-0. But they have everything to win here. Expect from Milan to lead the tempo and to score goal or two.
Also Milan is hot at the moment after beating Inter 3-2 after they were 0-2 on HT.
Probable results: 0-0, 0-1, 0-2

***1058;***1072;***1082;***1077;: Milan to win with score 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 (Correct Score Special) @ 2.85 (Betinternet)
What happened:
Lady Luck refuses to smile to me in this month's POD. The match finished 0-0 as I thought it could be. Yes, Sparta didn't scored. Yes, Milan was the better team, possesed the ball 60% of the time and had more chances (Sheva was not with me this time :cry: ). And yes, my pick lost.
Lost
So far this month:
Number of picks: 9
Correct: 5
Balance: +163

Prija
23-02-04, 23:29
Bayern Munich – Real Madrid 1, 2.55 @ Expekt
PICK LOST - 1:1 Tomor

I’ll explain why i took Bavarians in a few lines:

***Bayern at home for 2.55! (in a 2 legs clash).

***I watched Bayern couple of times this year and they didn’t impress me at all, but neither did Real.

***Real Madrid away is far from ‘Galacticos’, Ronnie saved them several times after average performances.

***IMO the main reason for Bayern’s poor play this season is that they won everything they could in last couple of years, so motivation can’t be at the same level.Especially after last season when they were so dominant, but i believe Real will be enough inspirational.

***Ballack is back.

***Real Madrid is too weak defensively to become European champion, although they will probably play defensively tonight i don’t think they can contain powerful Germans.

***In my eyes, only advantage of Real tomorrow is allmighty Ronaldo, i‘m confident he’s the only one who can kill my bet, but let’s hope for the best :wink: .

champ1905
23-02-04, 23:44
Sparta Praha-Milan :arrow: under2.25 :arrow: 2.00@ pinnacle

Great offer for under goals imo.Both would play for not conceeding firtsly i guess.1st group matches ended generally under for both.
Sparta - Chelsea 0 - 1
Lazio - Sparta 2 - 2
Sparta - Besiktas 2 - 1
Besiktas - Sparta 1 - 0
Chelsea - Sparta 0 - 0
Sparta - Lazio 1 - 0

Milan - Ajax 1 - 0
Celta - Milan 0 - 0
Club_Brugge - Milan 0 - 1
Ajax - Milan 0 - 1
Milan - Celta 1 - 2

Sparta must stop Milan's succesfull strikers firstly and then they will try to find goal/s.They are fighting well against such these teams.Last cl champion Milan will play for take an advantage score before the second leg.They wont attack blindly i think.Draw is also possible

0-0 won

Lyd
24-02-04, 00:08
Sparta Praha-Milan :arrow: under2.5 :arrow: 2.00@ pinnacle

Great offer for under goals imo.

It really would be great offer, but I fear it never existed. Pinnacle have asian handicap on over/under and those odds were for under 2.25. Now they have under 2.5 @ 1.676 and under 2.25 @ 1.962. I bet you used Betbrain for finding best odds on the market - they often make mistakes like this one.

champ1905
24-02-04, 01:27
i used tipex...thanks for reminding me Lyd.Let me change the odds.

yane
24-02-04, 01:27
Bayern - R.Madrid --- OVER 2.5 ---2.00 at PointBet
PICK LOST - 1:1 Tomor

This is one of the most attractive game in CL this midweek and its to hard to predict.If Bayern want to continue their CL tour they must try to win on their own ground. So , they can overplay the weakest part of Real(their defense)and score.But the strongest part of Real(attack) can score too.Oliver Kahn will play against Real but is he ready to give the maximum???.
Probable lineups by Marca :
Bayern Múnich: Kahn; Sagnol, Kuffour, Demichelis, Lizarazu; Salihamidzic, Hargreaves, Ballack, Ze Roberto; Pizarro , Makaay.
Real Madrid: Iker Casillas; Míchel Salgado, Iván Helguera, Raúl Bravo, Roberto Carlos; Guti, Beckham; Figo, Raúl, Zidane; Ronaldo.

stats:
Real Madrid 2-0 Bayern Munich 10-04-2002
Bayern Munich 2-1 Real Madrid 02-04-2002
Bayern Munich 2-1 Real Madrid 09-05-2001
Real Madrid 0-1 Bayern Munich 01-05-2001
Bayern Munich 2-1 Real Madrid 09-05-2000
Real Madrid 2-0 Bayern Munich 03-05-2000
Bayern Munich 4-1 Real Madrid 08-03-2000
Real Madrid 2-4 Bayern Munich 29-02-2000
Real Madrid 2-0 Bayern Munich 16-03-1988
Bayern Munich 3-2 Real Madrid 02-03-1988

Lyd
24-02-04, 02:27

Oh, champ, you didn't got what I said. :) Your odds were ok. Wrong was total number of goals. Odds 2.00 were for UNDER 2.25 (meaning you win whole bet is total is under 2 and only half of stakes if total is exactly 2 goals). For your bet (under 2.5) odds on Pinnacle were much lower (1.676).

champ1905
24-02-04, 02:48

Oh, champ, you didn't got what I said. :) Your odds were ok. Wrong was total number of goals. Odds 2.00 were for UNDER 2.25 (meaning you win whole bet is total is under 2 and only half of stakes if total is exactly 2 goals). For your bet (under 2.5) odds on Pinnacle were much lower (1.676).

eheh i think i am little bit drunk.Let me chenge it lastly.

draje
24-02-04, 06:55
Lokomotiv Moscow - AS Monaco 2 @2.7(Pinnacle)
PICK LOST - 2:1 Tomor

The final games of Russian League was on 1 November 2003!114 days after that Lokomotiv M faces the team of Monako.This is along time!For Lokomotiv Moscow can`t play striker Buznikin (injured).At Champions league Locomotiv made 3:2 with Dynamo Kiev,beat 3:0 Inter , and made draw against team of Arsenal - they haven`t loss in champions league at home.Monako are first in the french championship with only 3 losses.At Friday they won 4:0 agaist Monpellier.They are in form..The weather will be -1 C at day . I think that Monako will make first home defeat over Locomotiv Moscow.

bill_shluckoff
24-02-04, 07:06
PICKS 3/6
PROFIT -14
RANK [???]================================================== ============================
My 7th pick is From CL.
LOKOMOTIV - MONACO - Under 2.25 GOALS @ 1,95 BY POINTBET

Comments are here (http://forum.bettingadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=16201)

bera
24-02-04, 07:33
Ok. I'am back!
Pick no6: (3win - 2 lose)
Adriana Serra-Zanetti vs Lubomira Kurhajcova pick Kurhajcova to win 2-0 @2.2 with GameBookers
PICK WON - 62 62 Tomor

Lubomira Kurhajcova SVK Rank 83
Hyderabad Tier IV 16 points Feb 22 04
2 Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Kurhajcova 7-6 4-6 6-3
1 Kurhajcova - Antonella Serra-Zanetti 6-3 6-3

Ortisei ($75k - Italy - 17 points) Feb 8 04
QF Iveta Benesova-Q - Kurhajcova 2-6 6-4 6-4
2 Kurhajcova - Anne Kremer-WC 6-4 6-4
1 Kurhajcova - Valentina Sassi-WC 6-0 6-3

Australian Open Tier GS 2 points Feb 1 04
1 Dinara Safina - Kurhajcova 6-3 7-6

Canberra Tier V 1 point Jan 18 04
1 Silvia Farina Elia - Kurhajcova 6-2 6-2

Auckland Tier IV 1 point Jan 11 04
Qual 1 Tatiana Panova - Kurhajcova 6-4 7-6

Adriana Serra-Zanetti ITA Rank 122
Hyderabad Tier IV 16 points Feb 22 04
2 Nicole Pratt - Serra-Zanetti 7-6 6-2
1 Serra-Zanetti - Julia Schruff 6-3 6-2

Ortisei ($75k - Italy - 1 point) Feb 8 04
1 Eva Birnerova - Serra-Zanetti 2-6 6-2 7-6

Australian Open Tier GS 2 points Feb 1 04
1 Daniela Hantuchova(15) - Serra-Zanetti 7-6 6-4

Canberra Tier V 1 point Jan 18 04
Qual 1 Mara Santangelo - Serra-Zanetti(1) 6-2 1-6 6-3

Gold Coast Tier III 1 point Jan 11 04
Qual 1 Jie Zheng(5) - Serra-Zanetti 6-4 3-6 6-2

H2H:
QF Cuneo Aug 10 2003 L Kurhajcova - A Serra-Zanetti 7-6 6-4
SF Orbetello July 6 2003 L Kurhajcova - A Serra-Zanetti 6-3 7-6
1 Bratislava Oct 21 2001 A Serra-Zanetti-Q - L Kurhajcova-Q 6-2 7-6
GL

Arsenal Forever
24-02-04, 07:38
Celta - Arsenal (over 2 1/4) 1.87@pointbet
PICK WON - 2:3 Tomor

This is knock out phase and one of the compulsory things in the knockout is to try and score away from home. Arsenal has negative score against Spanish teams but this season with their form and on the other side Celta bed performance promises goals.

Celta's Brazilian midfielder Giovanella will be sidelined for three weeks because of an injury to his right leg.

Arsenal will be without the injured midfielders, Ray Parlour and Gilberto Silva, defender Ashley Cole and forward Dennis Bergkamp, who refuses to fly, for the UEFA Champions League trip to Vigo. Captain Patrick Vieira has passed fit and he will play along with Brazilian midfielder Edu, striker Jose Antonio Reyes and Gael Clichy in the left of defence.

Arsenal away in Champions league has scored average 2 and conceded 1 wile Celta at home scored 1.3 and conceded 1 goal.

This would not be an easy game for both and they will try to make advantage for the remach on Highbury.

nemunas
24-02-04, 07:49
Good morning!
3rd pick, -200 sofar :? LOST

Scotland, FA CUP

Clyde - Dufermline

Clyde from lower division meets full in debt Dufermline. The two sides meet again after their original clash was abandoned after 57 minutes in blizzard conditions(snowfall), with the Dufermline winning 2-1.

I think it's nice match for betting.
Why?

Since Dufermline were leading at the moment clash was abandoned, so we have nice odds for home win (~3.20).

Clyde is performing very well, they won 9 out 10 last matches, 1 DRAW 0:0.

They have home advantage in this clash.

Dufermline may miss six key players (source BBC Sport :Dunfermline could be without six first-team players as Stevie Crawford, Derek Young and Darren Young join Noel Hunt and Craig Brewster on the sidelines).

I gonna take home win priced @ 3.25 at local bookie, but as POD I'll take safer option:

Team to go to next round - CLYDE @2.50 Interwetten

Tomor
24-02-04, 08:08
I wanted to take Sparta Prague vs. AC Milan UNDER today, but you was quicklier :? , Champ1905... so GL with this pick... :wink:

Prague
24-02-04, 08:40
I wanted to take Sparta Prague vs. AC Milan UNDER today, but you were quicklier :? , Champ1905... so GL with this pick... :wink:

The same for me. So only my prediction at BA main page to inform you
http://prod.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=64

mikho
24-02-04, 09:39
my next pick of the day is
Lokomotiv Moskva - Monaco 1 @2.50 William Hill.
PICK WON 2:1

The main reason of my choice is a cold weather which will be big plus for Lokomotiv, whos players are always playing in such a bad conditions. I am sure that for Monaco it will be a big difficulty. Also I think that my Georgian guy Ashvetia will score. As TV says he is quite good form.

FROM UEFA.COM
"Dmitri Loskov has recovered from recent injury problems and looks set to start"

Lokomotiv's Mikheil Ashvetia, the Georgian striker who plundered eight goals in 13 games during 2003, echoed his coach's sentiments when he said: "By far the most important thing is not to concede a goal in Moscow. At home we will be satisfied with any clean sheet victory, even if it is 1-0."
____

And finally: do you remember Locomotiv games against Real Madrid? Inter? Arsenal? Certainly you do. So I think that they will also win this one

Maple Leafs
24-02-04, 09:42
ISLAND F.C. (Maldives) VS GEYLAND UNITED (Singapore) take +3,5 goal at 1,80 by GAMEBOOKERS

During the first round the poor team Island FC has been trashed 0-6. Geyland lose 2-3. They will be attack this game seriously and i presume with a lot of goals.
Geyland is much more attractive team, more strong. The odds from Gamebookers is very attractive too.

Here for all the results and the Group :

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesa/ascup04.html#afc

The game will start at 11.30 CET

Ronnie 9
24-02-04, 10:26

***I watched Bayern couple of times this year and they didn’t impress me at all, but neither did Real.

***Real Madrid away is far from ‘Galacticos’, Ronnie saved them several times after average performances.

***IMO the main reason for Bayern’s poor play this season is that they won everything they could in last couple of years, so motivation can’t be at the same level.Especially after last season when they were so dominant, but i believe Real will be enough inspirational.

***Ballack is back.

***Real Madrid is too weak defensively to become European champion, although they will probably play defensively tonight i don’t think they can contain powerful Germans.

***In my eyes, only advantage of Real tomorrow is allmighty Ronaldo, i‘m confident he’s the only one who can kill my bet, but let’s hope for the best :wink: .

I agree with Prija here! He said: ,,Ronnie saved them several times after average performances''. ,,In my eyes, only advantage of Real tomorrow is allmighty Ronaldo, i‘m confident he’s the only one who can kill my bet, but let’s hope for the best :wink''
Yes that`s why i hesitate to take bayern...i think Ronaldo will score...and i will take a value bet here X/X !

Beezeri
24-02-04, 10:51
Let's try some hockey again after a succesful soccer pick...

HIFK - Jokerit Home win @ 2,35 (Nordicbet) Bet won(FT 4-0)

prediction here (http://bbetting.125mb.com)

Proud
24-02-04, 11:05
Reading-Burnley over 2,5 @ 2,04 at Pinnacle.
PICK WON - 2:2 Tomor

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=69#20447

varganya
24-02-04, 11:41
Lokomotiv Moskva - Monaco x * 2.5
(average market price around 3.1 from Bet365 to Willhill)

You can read plenty of information about this game...and here every bet was taken 1-2 ...

My argument Loko is a dark horse but neither Monaco a turn over.
CL biggest scoring game MONACO - LA CORUNA 8-3 clearly shows great potential even for win this title.
Lokomotiv got 2-1/2 month to prepare and that should be enough, plus Lokomotiv yet unbeaten at home.

Another reason though Monaco trashed Montpellier 4-0 last week but 0-0 half time is an indicator as decent or semi decent teams

Bastia 0 Monaco 0
Monaco 1 Nice 1
Monaco 1 PSG 1

for some reasons x would not be the end of the wold neither side....

betcollector
24-02-04, 11:50
7th Pick

Eng Div 3 Torquay v Scunthorpe Home win 1.75 Expekt

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=71WON 1-0

UnderOver1979
24-02-04, 12:21
Sparta-Milan
PICK WON - 0:0 Tomor

It seems that today this match is very popular and when this happens usually I do not want to bet. But, I think that it is going to be an under match. But, I cannot see Milan as a favori. It is an away game , it is Champions League and not favoris exist except Real and Manch Un that are favorites whatever their form is. So, here I can see Milan making attempts to get at least one point playing classic defensive Italian soccer.
And of cousre when Iatlian teams do so it is difficult to concede goal. That is why I believe is going to be under. But, it is also difficult to win a match in that way. So, I see 0-0 here, or the surprise 1-0 and maybe 1-1.
My pick is: Ladbrokes quatro bet Sparta wins or draw and scored(in the total) 2 goals or less @2.50

Maple Leafs
24-02-04, 13:51
ISLAND F.C. (Maldives) VS GEYLAND UNITED (Singapore) take +3,5 goal at 1,80 by GAMEBOOKERS

During the first round the poor team Island FC has been trashed 0-6. Geyland lose 2-3. They will be attack this game seriously and i presume with a lot of goals.
Geyland is much more attractive team, more strong. The odds from Gamebookers is very attractive too.

Here for all the results and the Group :

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesa/ascup04.html#afc

The game will start at 11.30 CET

RESULT for moderator :

http://www.sleague.com/new0101.asp?ID=453

0-5

champ1905
24-02-04, 13:51
I wanted to take Sparta Prague vs. AC Milan UNDER today, but you were quicklier :? , Champ1905... so GL with this pick... :wink:

thanks mate..

nemunas
24-02-04, 14:01

***Ballack is back.

I agree with Prija here! He said: ,,Ronnie saved them several times after average performances''. ,,In my eyes, only advantage of Real tomorrow is allmighty Ronaldo, i‘m confident he’s the only one who can kill my bet, but let’s hope for the best :wink''
Yes that`s why i hesitate to take bayern...i think Ronaldo will score...and i will take a value bet here X/X !

You can take cover bet - Ronaldo to score, odds ~ 2.50 :P

juankaan
24-02-04, 14:07
That's not my POD !!! Just wrote it here as noone would read a HORCE RACING TOPIC !!!

Outright 24 Feb 04 15:50 CET Sedgefield 2:50

Noisetine @ 1.67

odds @gamebookers

odds started @1.88 as i saw some hours ago.. Now 1.67 and still not bad...

HORCE RACING is usually money lose , but i'm on this horce for 4/10 stakes

As i don't see any valuable horce as an opponent in this race...

Killultagh Dawn ????
Eisenhower ????

Did send this post just to inform you all !!!

good luck ;

ps; will place my POD later

tahoma
24-02-04, 14:20
Swedish handball:

Skövde (-5.5) - Djurgården (+5.5) @ 1.90 (Unibet)
PICK WON - 28:24 Tomor

Comments here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com//viewtopic.php?p=125725#125725

Per
24-02-04, 16:08
Well, I am certainly looking to end up in black numbers this month as well, even though my form has been abysmal. Plenty of decent bets in the CL taken, and since I can't find anything good with the horses that looks decently safe I guess I'm going to England after all.
In-form Luton with one loss in 15 games are chasing the top teams, or at least a play-off sport for promotion travels to Grimsby, who has got one win in 11 games, 4 draws as well.

Luton has signed Craig Armstrong, a good utility player, from Sheffield W and he is going straight in to the starting XI. Some injuries in both teams but nothing that sems too serious campared the the latest run of results these two teams has put together. Luton's got an away record that isn't too scary but they have improved alot over the past months, something that their 1-out-of-15 games lost spells out.
Playing away to this Grimsby side is a good opportunity to take road victory No. 3.

Grimsby-Luton 2@2.60 with Premierbet.
PICK LOST - 3:2 Tomor

This month you follow me at your own risk as I'm 3/8 and -258 points thanks to a very poor few weeks in February - but hopefully I turned a corner on Sunday when I finally got a winning day.
Anyway, March will be superb (I hope) :D

Palini
24-02-04, 16:13
Icehockey, Sweden, Elitserien

Färjestad-Djurgården 2 ---->2.95 @expekt
PICK LOST - 1:0 AOT Tomor

This is a valuebet. If you exclude the risk/chance of this game ending in a draw, I would give each team a 50/50-chance to win, so all the value in these odds is on Djurgården. Except for the pure value, I really think that Djurgården should win this game. The reason for this is simply that Djurgården have a more solid team and which much better form at the moment. So this should be an easy Djurgården win then? No, I think this wil be a tight game, probably very physical and maybe even ugly with a lot of penalties as a result, but as I said, all the value is on Djurgården.
Färjestad should have the upper hand at home, but this is also almost the only thing that speaks for Färjestad - home advantage, plus the fact that Djurgården probably will leave out first goalkeeper.

Djurgården is a very solid team that never seem to play bad. They are not Swedens best team, but probably the most solid. They have impressed more and more and now when Espen Knutsen is back from an injury, they could become even stronger. They show much better form and results, compaird to Färjestad that has really fallen apart totally.
Färjestad managed good results for a long time, much thanks to their superb first line with Nordström-Jönsson-Prästberg. However, Nordström is now injured, and that's a huge minus. This is the only line that works for Färjestad, and without them playing excellent, Färjesta seem to lose most matched these days. They are far from as strong as in the begining of Elitserien. No, I'll take my chances on Djurgården today. Odds are really worth the risk in my opinion.

Palini
24-02-04, 16:16
Hey, how about that, a swedish triple... Should we take that as an omen? The power of the triforce... Hmmm, I've probably played too much Zelda lately... :D

Stefano
24-02-04, 16:30
My pick of the day is:

GS Warriors @ IND Pacers +8.5/-8.5 INDIANA @ 1.91
PICK WON - 96:107 Tomor
Indiana leads Eastern Conference with 41-15 record, at home is 22-6, while Golden State is overall 24-30, away score is 6-20.
Tonight at Conseco Fieldhouse Indiana can get 3rd victory in a row, last 10 are 8-2. After a bad start, last week, losing at home to NO 89-75, Indiana won over Wizards and Jazz, playoffs are coming and Indiana's motivations is high to mantain 1st position in Eastern conference. Golden State, after a two-game losing streak, managed to beat Seattle at home 94-92. For Warriors, guard Speedy Claxton is doubtful after a right thumb injury after ssaturday's win, while forward Mike Dunleavy returned to practice after a 9 games absence (sprained left ankle), but it doesn't seem to be playing tonight, his place will be taken by Brian Cardinal (17.0 points and 7.6 rebounds in average). Starting lines are:

Warriors - F Robinson, F Cardinal, C Erick Dampier, G Richardson, G Claxton or Nick Van Exel

Pacers - F Jermaine O'Neal, F Al Harrington, C Jeff Foster, G Reggie Miller, G Jamaal Tinsley

A home win is very probable here, 8.5 points of handicap are many, but I think that if the game starts good for Indiana, they can manage to win with high margin. Good luck to everyone

Filipo
24-02-04, 16:45
Pick Number 6 (up to now 3/5 -15)

Crewe Alexandra - Sheffield United 2 @2.50 BetAndWin
PICK WON - 0:1 Tomor

In the last round both to teams lost and they cannot earn some important points. While Crewe is in the middle zone and they don't have fears about relegating, Sheffield United is fighting with full powers to promote to the Premiership. Now they are in 6th place which is the last from the play-off zone. One point behind them is Sunderland (with 1 match less). In this match Sheffield will have one aim - to win and earn 3 points after they were defeated in the weekend by their opponent West Bromwich. Sheffield is performing very good in away matches and they have 6-3-6. Crewe is 9-2-4 at home. In last 6 matches Sheffield is very bad 1-1-4 and now is the moment when they can break this series. This season at home Sheffield beated Crewe with 2-0. Now the situation is more difficult and more important for Sheffield. While Crewe is very calm in 15th place.

The bad series and the strong need of 3 points will motivate the away side. I bet on this.

John_JUVE
24-02-04, 17:04
Pick no7 3/6 -98

Bayern Munchen-Real Madrid first goal 1-29min 1.80 Interwetten 1st goal 75min BET LOST

A pick just because of stats and tradition here...
Just watch these:

:arrow: 8/3/2000 Bayern-Real 4-1 1st goal 4min Scholl
:arrow: 9/5/2000 Bayern-Real 2-1 1st goal 12min Jancker
:arrow: 9/5/2001 Bayern-Real 2-1 1st goal 8min Elber
:arrow: 2/4/2002 Bayern-Real 2-1 1st goal 11min Geremi

All recent games are over 2,5 and as a result of this all games started with a goal in first 15min...

I think Bayern will try to press from the beginning,so its very probable to score or to concede an early goal...

Luckyjammygit
24-02-04, 17:47
Colchester v Port Vale English Div 2 19.45h .
PICK LOST - 1:4 Tomor

Colchester 14th.30 11 8 11
Port Vale ...7th..31 14 6 11

Recent Head-to-Head Results.
D2 23-Aug-03 Port Vale 4 - 3 Colchester United
D2 01-Mar-03 Colchester United 4 - 1 Port Vale

Colchester are likely to be unchanged after registering their first league win in nine attempts on Saturday against Grimsby.
Defender Gavin Johnson will be the only addition to the squad after he missed out over the weekend through illness.

Play-off chasing Port Vale skipper Sam Collins returns to the side after serving a two-match ban.

But fellow defender Michael Cummins is doubtful with an ankle injury. Michael Walsh may be back in the squad.
===============================================
Colchester have only won 1 in last 8 but have been playing top teams and have only lost 2 at home this season.

Port Vale have lost 4 and won 4 in the last 8 games and are trying to recover thier early season form and had a great away win over leaders Plymouth on sat.

My pick:
Colchester v Port vale X @ 3.20 Ladbrokes

PRAG
24-02-04, 17:49
Good evening !!!

So far, up to (and including) Monday 23/2 : +21 points, 3/5 picks.

My pick of the day for Tuesday is from the CH.L. derby at Munich :

Bayern Munich (0) v Real Madrid (0).............................. :arrow: 2.............................1.815 at Poinbet

Two and a half hours before gametime and, still, no takers for this logical pick... I'll take it !!! Sure enough, the draw is highly likely, therefore this might end in a push, but you all know by now that I refuse to take draws priced 2.50+ in this month's competition because I consider it "wasted value". The level ball Asian will have to do, then...

I suppose most friends were intimidated by the weather news and by the tremendous tradition Bayern has against Real at this venue. In addition, I even saw suggestions that Real may not want to win at all (??? :? ???) in order to secure a big TV audience for the return leg !!! Well, I'm not taking such a big chance I think : I'm only backing Real Madrid !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: There will be plenty of opportunities for me to back my favourite Germans in the future... For now, Bayern minus Deissler, with Ballack's health shaky, and with fewer Germans in the lineup than I can ever recall, cannot be good for more than a draw I think.

If the weather/pitch conditions are indeed as reported since last night, we might even see a rare UNDER here - contrary to all predictions/tradition ! But, I'm not prepared to risk such a pick, especially since the two leading set-piece specialists (R. Carlos & D. Beckham) are playing in this game...

Good luck to all 8)

PICK WAS A PUSH (1-1).
He-he, maybe that risky UNDER 2.5 goals bet wasn't such a bad idea after all...Surely it was better than this one and, although my pick wasn't lost, I must admit Real was lucky to escape with a draw the way they played !

Macot
24-02-04, 18:34
Well, I found what lloks to me like a perfect Pick N10!
So far: 5/9, +135 20th place

*Sacramento Kings v NewYork Knicks (+8) Home
CENTREBET, 1,91

Well, what to say? Shortly, NewYorks performances after last trade were rather poor, they ve lost convincingly at home to two under 50% teams (Utah and Cleveland) and now go to one of the strongest home teams of the league, Sacramento (24-4)! I expect the same game as few days ago between Sacra and Boston (127-111), starters for Kings will be the same (Stojakovi***263;, Divac, Songaila, Bibby and Christie. New York wont be able to withstand furious attacks and I think wont score more than 95... clearly not enough!

Short statistics, Sacra last 10 are 8-2, NYK are 4-6... NY overall road performance is 10-16.
8/10 stake for me!!

Good luck!
:wink:

107-99 BET VOIDED, so I will have another try!!
:lol:

Macot
24-02-04, 18:35
It is 8 points handicap, sorry for that smilie...
:roll:

w84daddy
24-02-04, 21:58
I gotta go with my homeboys tonite:

Providence (-2) vs. Notre Dame (+2) 2 @ 1.95 [betandwin]
PICK LOST - 73:59 Tomor

Notre Dame will try to find again its winning ways hosting Providence tonite. The No. 13 Friars (18-5, 9-3) remained in second place in the Big East and matched the 2000-01 team for the school's best conference start , but I think the Irish will come out strong and try to redeem themselves after losing to Conneticut. Chris Thomas was held to 13 points in Saturdays game, hopefully he will get back his touch on home turf ....

Providence holds an 8-7 edge in the all-time series, but has lost four of the last five contests. Last Meeting: Jan 21, 2003, Notre Dame vs Providence 71-65

I'll be in the crowd tonite at the Joyce Center and cheer for ND like it ain't nothing! :D

Good luck to y'all!

w84daddy

Jank
24-02-04, 22:50
Offer: BASKETBALL. NBA. Tim Duncan to score the most points in the game San Antonio - Houston than any of: Ming/Parker/Francis/Mobley.
Odds: 2.00
Bookie: Centrebet
PICK WON Tomor

Parker: outscored Duncan only once in last 10 SA games and it was in last SA game. Chances of Parker outscoring Duncan twice in a row when one is averaging 23.1 points and the other 14.3 are minimal.
Mobley: In fifteen January games only once he scored above 20 points, he did it twice in nine games in February so far but still a very poor result I'd say, chances of him scoring 25 or more points are minimal.
Francis: Scored 25+ points only twice in last 39 games (scored 20+ in eight out of those 39) so chances of him doing it tonight are, again, minimal.

So am I willing to bet on Duncan to outscore Ming with the odds 2.00? Yeah.
Duncan scored above 20 points in last nine SA games, he's in a really good form. Ming has high-scoring games once in a while but really - they mostly come against teams with terrible "centers". And if you look at his stats after 25+ point games low-scoring games usually follow. And what is also important, Houston had a very difficult game last night against Atlanta with three overtimes, so players aren't in best condition to put up a huge performance.