PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 18/2

taurus
17-02-04, 23:38
Hi all. Since no one have opened the thread yet I will, so here we go.
Good luck all!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

taurus
17-02-04, 23:41
My pick of the day:
Northern Ireland - Norway 2, (1.91 @ Ladbrokes) PICK WON 1-4

You can read my preview here:
http://www.fcbet.com/pick.asp?pickID=1732

Macot
17-02-04, 23:57
Two games tie for me, cant choose... I know the situation in SLovenian team, and I think, Poland will win (2.30), but I also know, Marocco cant take a match against Switzerland seriously, and Suisse is at Euro 2004! So 2,75 on them is value too.... :roll:

mj_air
18-02-04, 00:06
Two games tie for me, cant choose... I know the situation in SLovenian team, and I think, Poland will win (2.30), but I also know, Marocco cant take a match against Switzerland seriously, and Suisse is at Euro 2004! So 2,75 on them is value too.... :roll:
Well Macot, I think I helped you with your decision ;) I wish you luck onn the other game :) I hope you are not mad at me...

POLAND - SLOVENIA 1 2,40 @ EXPEKT Bet won, 2-0 /Per

This game is being played in Spain. Neutral field game, so no home field advantage for either team. The stadium will be empty for sure. Poland is on the rise right now. IMO Slovenia is much weaker then polish team.. We know how to play against the teams from that region.

Poland won last 5 games (2:1 vs. Hungary, 3:1 vs Italy , 4:3 vs Serbia & Montenegro, 4:0 vs Malta, 3:1 vs Lithuania). They have scored 16 goals in those matches !!!

No major injuries on polish side (except for Olisadebe, our fine polish striker :(
http://www1.tcue.ac.jp/home1/english/students02/class11/102005/emmanuel-olisadebe.jpg

The score that I predict is 2:0. I don't think that experimental Slovenians squad could come out with a goal against one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Jerzy Dudek is in the top form right now.

varganya
18-02-04, 00:18
Cyprus Football Association Eight International Tournament :

Hungary - Armenia H * 1.80 * Ladbrokes Bet won 2-0, and thanks for the tip :wink: /Per

<a href=http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=276>http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=276</a>

the font size is not really what i meant :lol:

Marrco
18-02-04, 05:03
Pick No. 2
ALBA Berlin (GER) - Olympiakos (GRE)(-4.5) 2 Pick Lost (Olimpiacos won 70:71)

This is "do-or-die" game for "Olimpiakos" and not improtant for Alba.
"Olimpiakos" lost first 5 euroleague games. But now they are playing much
better. They won 6 of 8 games and moved into position to make the Top 16.
Now they just need this win. Alba lost last game against Benneton 91-65.
IMO they have no chances in this game. I think 5.5 HP is not to high.

PICK: Olympiakos (GRE)
ODDS: 1.85
BOOKIE: GAMEBOOKERS

Luckyjammygit
18-02-04, 06:21
Nationwide Division Three England.

Boston United v Swansea City KO 19.45.

Boston.
Home Record 13 6 5 2

Swansea.
Away Record 13 4 3 6

Recent Head-to-Head Results
D3 22-Aug-03 Swansea City 3 - 0 Boston United
D3 04-Mar-03 Swansea City 0 - 0 Boston United
D3 18-Sep-02 Boston United 1 - 0 Swansea City

Team news.
Swansea director of football Brian Flynn will be without striker James Thomas for their clash against Boston after he picked up a knock to his shin.

Thomas has required stitches in the blow and could be sidelined for up to two weeks.

Karl Connolly is still struggling with an ankle knock and again misses out.

Youngsters Mark Pritchard and Antonio Corbisierso have been included in the squad to gain first-team experience.
===============================================
9 goals at home for Boston in last 5 against 7 conceded by Swansea in last 5 away.

Boston need points to stay out of the relegation places so will be trying to get something here as rivals Darlington lost last night.

Boston with a new manager looking for a first win at home will be looking to avenge the 0-3 away to Swansea earlier this season.

My pick:
Boston United v Swansea City 1 @2.20 Ladbrokes
.................................Pick Lost 1-1

coco16
18-02-04, 06:28
Romania -Georgia 2 @ 5,80 Pinnacle

Romanian team composed from players only from internal championship, and also no players also from Steau Bucharest who refused to join in the training camp.

This analysis needs improvement in order to be valid. /Per

casabel
18-02-04, 06:45
===========================================

My 8th Pick of the Day:
Greece VS Bulgaria

Pick:
2(+0.5)

Odds:

Bookie:
BET365

Result:
2-0 LOST

REASONS

Well mainly because I think that despite our good results and the qualification we are still a team that plays very bad football with no imagination at all…On the other hand Bulgaria has a very good team that qualified earlier and plays offensive football!Mr Rehagel stated that he will take to Portugal more or less the same players that helped the team qualify.For me this is a HUGE mistake since with these old players Greece has no future in the tournament!We need young players thirsty to play football not veterans…How can a team with so many slow-paced players become successful???

Good Luck with your choice!!

CasAbel

Arsenal Forever
18-02-04, 07:10
Macedonia vs Bosnia H @ 2.50 Will Hill

Bosnian coach has included eight uncapped players in a 20-man squad for the friendly, Mirsad Hibic retired, Kenan Hasagic is missing due to injury, and Elvir Baljic, Vladan Grujic and Vedin Music are also absent.
Macedonian squad is same as the one from the qualifications.

Those National Selections have played 3 times so far:
1. Bosnia wins 1-0,
2. Draw 1-1 and
3. Draw 4-4

In the last 5 matches Macedonia has been bitten only once by England 1-2 (1-0) and Bosnia has good away record too.

Last month Macedonia has played 2 friendly games with China but only with domestic players and I saw the games and Macedonian performance was great. Now with international players they will attempt to knock out this selected Bosnian squad. In favor of this is that much stronger teams struggle to take a point in Skopje were Macedonia plays almost with no mistakes. Also most of the games played in Skopje at half time have finished in favor of the home team. So I'll take home win.

Andrei_Ono
18-02-04, 07:42
Romania -Georgia 2 @ 5,80 Pinnacle

Romanian team composed from players only from internal championship, and also no players also from Steau Bucharest who refused to join in the training camp.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
That is not true.Mutu,Ganea and all other players from the top team in Europe are present for this match.Only 4 players from Steaua are missing,but nothing important.Romania will win for sure.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
18-02-04, 08:19
[No major injuries on polish side (except for Olisadebe, our fine polish striker :(
What about our best player Jacek Krzynówek ?

My pick of the day

***346;l***261;sk Wroclaw v Benetton Treviso +3.5/-3.5 1 1,85 Gamebookers lost

***346;l***261;sk need a win, must win, win or death here. They already made big results this season in Euroleague.
But more can be done. Dreamed Top16 is to achieve here, with a win.

Benetton have some things to play for. It`s still udnecided either they`ll finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Benetton is great team of course, surely better then ***346;l***261;sk.
But in Wroc***322;aw it`s different. This year ***346;l***261;sk defeted Alba, Asvel, Olympiakos and EFES here! Lost by small margin to TAU and Pamesa.

And we have +3,5 handicap. I`m sure it`ll be tight game. In Euroleague, ***346;l***261;sk is never trashed at home becuase own court give them much advantage.
If only Greer and Wójcik won`t foul out, it`ll be decided in final minutes.

Benetton still without their fantastic player Tyus Edney.

coco16
18-02-04, 08:30
Yes. Sorry Mutu, Ganea and Pancu will play but all 3 defenders will play together for the first time

bera
18-02-04, 10:22
Pick no4(2win -1 lose):
Pierce M. vs Maleeva M pick: Pierce M. @1.75 GB PICK LOST 4-6,4-6 :cry:
Pierce no 27, back in force with a finale a Paris where lose a Kim Clijsters 6-2 6-1 (after 4 games win in 2 set).
Maleeva M no 21, play in finale Pan Pacific Open where lose a Lindsay Davenport 6-4 6-1.
H2H:
QF Filderst. Oct 12 2003 M Pierce-WC - M Maleeva 7-5 7-6
2 US Open Sep 10 2000 M Pierce(4) - M Maleeva 7-5 2-6 6-1
GL

Per
18-02-04, 10:50
Friendlies... you just have to hate them, unless you find something the bookies doesn't know about of course.
This one the bookie does know about but I'll grab it anyway.

Morocco-Switzerland (0:0) away win@1,80 with Pinnacle. Bet lost, 2-1... and this with Morocco fielding a full 3 players with senior experience!!! To say I'm dissapointed at the away team's spirit would be an understatement of galactic proportions :evil:

http://www.fcbet.com/pick.asp?pickID=1737

1-0 in the 79th.. Ajdou scored - which with a creative Swedish pronounciation turns out to mean: "Ouch!" Fitting name...

haZart_Jack
18-02-04, 11:50
Question

Well, casabel has already taken my main bet for today.
But I am a little bit confused. I found another value bet, which is also about the same match. But I don't know if the rules allow me to take it.
I like Bulgaria to score the first goal @ 2.10; yes it is not Bulgaria to win or not to lose, neither to lead on the half time ot backing them with some kind of hendicap.

This situation is disputable. So would you let me to take this pick for my POD?

casabel
18-02-04, 11:57
sorry for that hazart...I think you cant take any other bet on this game...

haZart_Jack
18-02-04, 12:21
No problem. I was too busy and slow.
Hope your pick will win and bring us $$$.

BGhost
18-02-04, 12:28
Golden State - LA Lakers 1, 2,76@ Pinnacle
The Warriors have a strong center in Erick Dampier, one who has shown to be able to stop and even outplay Shaq this year. Van Exel is questionable, but that's irrelevant, as Speedy Claxton proved to be a better solution at the point, and should be to quick for Payton at this stage of his career. However, should Van Exel play, a huge game is to be expected from this Laker-killer.
The Warriors are 17-8 SU at home, while the Lakers are 11-15 away. The Warriors' home record is no fluke, as they've won in GS against tough teams including LA, Sacramento, SA and Minny. The Lakers are bad playing the second of a back-to-back nights (3-7 ATS) and they had a grueling battle against Portland yesterday. The Warriors thrive when rested, as manifested in their 11-2 ATS stat after at least a two-days rest. They're also 6-1-1 ATS in the last 8 against the Lakers.
Playing against the Lakers was very profitable lately and the line hasn't been slashed due to Kobe's recent return. However, there are tensions between the two stars in LA and their game is the one to suffer.
Going with the handicap (+4,5@ Canbet) is a safer route, but I prefer taking the outright win here, because of the magnificent odds.

Filipo
18-02-04, 12:51
Pick Number 5 (up to now 3/4 +85)

VENEZUELA - AUSTRALIA 2 @3.10 CentreBet (for the competition 2.50) 1-1 FT Pick LOST, Damn, Venezuela scored in 90'

An international friendly. The home side - Venezuela is the weakest nation in the South America. In every world cup - qualifications they were defeated in all the matches. They hadn't win the whole qualification cycle. This year for first time from a lot of years, they win after they beated Bolivia 2-1 with 2 later goals.
Australia is a prosperous team, who is fighting for first qualifying for World Cup. They have some good players, who are playing in the best European championships. The best of them is Mark Viduka. Only he is enough to score at leats one goal and Australia to win.
The motivation of both teams will be equal and i think that better and more experienced players of Australia will prevail over young players of Venezuela.

Macot
18-02-04, 13:35
[quote=Macot]Two games tie for me, cant choose... I know the situation in SLovenian team, and I think, Poland will win (2.30), but I also know, Marocco cant take a match against Switzerland seriously, and Suisse is at Euro 2004! So 2,75 on them is value too.... :roll:
Well Macot, I think I helped you with your decision ;) I wish you luck onn the other game :) I hope you are not mad at me...

POLAND - SLOVENIA 1 2,40 @ EXPEKT

:mrgreen:
Of course I am not mad!
But I have not decided yet... :oops:

haZart_Jack
18-02-04, 13:41
Question

Well, casabel has already taken my main bet for today.
But I am a little bit confused. I found another value bet, which is also about the same match. But I don't know if the rules allow me to take it.
I like Bulgaria to score the first goal @ 2.10; yes it is not Bulgaria to win or not to lose, neither to lead on the half time ot backing them with some kind of hendicap.

This situation is disputable. So would you let me to take this pick for my POD?

1)If you let me take this pick.
You can read my thoughts about the match Greece - Bulgaria here (http://forum.bettingadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=16059)
Some more words in short:
-BIG BIG BIG value on "Bulgaria to score 1st" @ 2.65(!!!) with Betinternet.
-As I said Bulgaria is hightly motivated for this match
-Berbatov is goal-machine when playing for the national team and he has personal motive to play good and to score goals tonight.
-Greece's coach said his team will play defensively. So Bulgaria will dictate the tempo and will try to play offensively
-Think that Bulgaria is more ready and motivated for this match and will score the first goal. With "Bulgaria to score first" bet I am insured if Plamen Markov try some reserve players in the end and something goes wrong and Greece turnover.

Still no one have answered my question...
Bulgaria missed some good chances and Greece scored the first goal in the match.

2)If you don't let me to take this pick, I will try with:

Pick 6 (February)
Israel - Azerbaidjan
Internationals friendly game

:arrow: Israel last 10 matches is 3-4-3. The 3 losses were from France(home and away) and away to Slovenia. Nothing shameful, I think
:arrow: Azerbadjan, except the very suprising and lucky win and draw against Serbia&Montenegro, have 0-0-6 with g.d. 1-17 in their last 8.
:arrow: First REALLY home match for Israel (it Tel Aviv) from a long time. So home team will be hightly motivated to win, and to do it convincingly.

Today should be a festivity in Tel Aviv and I see Israel should have no problems to win with 2 or even more goals against poor Azerbaidjan.

***1058;***1072;***1082;***1077;: Israel(-1.5) @ 2.025 with Betinternet
What happened:
The final result is Israel 6-0 Azerbadjan, so this bet won.
Israel smashed Azerbadjan 6-0. Yes it was a festivity in Tel Aviv today.
Won
So far this month:
Number of picks: 6
Correct: 4
Balance: +212.5

champ1905
18-02-04, 14:12
TURKEY-DENMARK 0:0 asian away 2.20@ interwetten 0-1 won

Turkey have a new squad.Many players are different from the last latvia plyoff clash.Coach senol gunes is trying to make more young and exited squad.But there is something wrong imo.Some players are performing great at the moment like Hakan Sukur etc. but he didnt call them.Team have nearly no experience for internationals and they didnt play even once together.Denmark team is nearly full squad.This asian is good choice imo

Usal
18-02-04, 15:06
Turkey v Denmark 1 2.37 @ PremierBet
lost 0-1
i just think the opposite of champ :)
yes these players have not played together enough but they all want to be in the qualifications for wc2006 and they want to win coaches impressions. they will be fully concentrated and will try to score from the beginning. and most of the turkish players are from the youngsters who are experienced, especially against the game agains germany for the olympic qualification. and they declared they want to win this game

sorry for the one sided review but i have no info on danish side and to remind this is a pure motivational pick. and to be honest i did not bet on it since i am on a diet

5 games 1w 2l 2d against Danish side

Türkiye
Rü***351;tü
Fatih Sonkaya
Deniz
***304;brahim
Toraman
Orhan Ak
Gökdeniz
Ümit Özat
Hamit Alt***305;ntop
***304;brahim Üzülmez
Tuncay
Nihat

Danimarka
Sorensen
Henriksen
Jensen
Laursen
Weighrorst
Helveg
Gravesen
Poulsen
Gronkjaer
Tomasson
Jorgensen

Ref: Franz Xaver Wack (Germany)

Bulion
18-02-04, 15:27
My pick would be from euroleague.I will pick Valencia as a winner in a clash with with EFES.EFES is already first in it's group so they wont loose anything by not winning this game.Valencia is fighting with TAU for a third place because if think Treviso will win today in Wroclaw with Slask and they will secure second position.I'am sure that TAU will in Lyon and last word will be said by Valencia which must win.
I will play this pick at my local bookie because i have good value 1,61 when for example i russia it is 1,3 and in other local bookies it is 1,35.
I have also a clue to all of you who are playing tips in your local bokies where draw is possible,don't forget about draws in todays matches because I'am 100% sure that there will be draw somewhere if not today then tomorrow becuse of the bookies from GREECE and that side of Europe because they will agree with teams to not to loose big amounts of money.[/url]

Benfikista
18-02-04, 15:53
My pick of the day is :

Portugal - England X , 3.00 @ WillHill

Very tough match for both teams.
Portuguese will play with most of their best team (Figo is doubtfull), but they haven't been too impressive in last matches.
England has a good team, but Portugal's football type is very innadequate from Erikson's side.
Furthermore, altough the stadium is new... the grass isn´t very good at all... so I expect a tight match, endind in a draw. Possibly with both teams scoring at least a goal. RESULT PORTUGAL- 1 ENGLAND- 1

champ1905
18-02-04, 15:53

eheh.i trust to squad but not to coach 8) 8)

juankaan
18-02-04, 16:04

eheh.i trust to squad but not to coach 8) 8)

And i take the HT/FT 2/X @17.00 (but surely not for the comp...)

You know TURKEY likes DRAWS

and you also know SENOL GUNES likes to start with the WORST team and lose the first 45.. Than make some (sometimes 11) chances and the team gets the DRAW..

good luck to you both.. But i think X2 is better than 1 , but the BEST is DRAW :wink:

Dead_Eye
18-02-04, 16:06
Hi

My pick for tonight

Orlando Magic - Utah Jazz +2,5 1 1,971 Pinnacle

Another pick against Utah. It is still the same team I wrote yesterday. How then can score more than 80-90 if they cannot score (vide yesterday's game with Miami)?

Orlando has tremendous T-Mac, they score a lot, of course they are losing - simply they lost more than they score :lol:
I expect them to score around 110 and easily beat The Mormons.

First clash in Utah won Jazz 90 - 88.

Greetings Orlando 90 - 77 Utah WON

Bet killer
18-02-04, 17:11
Venezuela - Australia 1 @2.30 Gamebookers

I don't like betting on friendly match. There are so many substitutions, tactical move... But this one :lol:

Australia:
:arrow: without Viduka, Aloisi, Skoko, Okon, Emerton, Kewell
:arrow: played 8 matches in S.America and lost all 8 8O 8O 8O

Venezuela:
:arrow: 2 loss&2 win in WC qualification
:arrow: very strong at home (last year - one and only defeat against Argentina)

For me this is enough.
GL

Stefano
18-02-04, 17:25
My pick of the day is
ITALY-CZECH REPUBLIC OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.12 UNIBET

For the comment please refer to
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=81

PICK WON 2-2[/color]

woolf
18-02-04, 18:52
American Hockey

San Jose@Nashville
Nashville is just a point behind Dallas and a playoff seat in the western conference. They have a respectable 18-8-5 home record with just 2.2 goals average against. They are now winless in 2 though and are just 1-4-1 in their last 6 games allowing an average of 3.6 goals. The Sharks on the other hand won’t have to worries about making the playoffs. They have an impressive season so far being in the 3rd place, in the Western conference, 6 points behind first-place Colorado. They are also leading the Pacific division with 72 points, 7 more than the LA Kings. Their defensive line has been brilliant both in and away home. They are allowing just 2.2 goals on the road and a slim 1.8 in their last 5 games. They have a 2 game winning streak and have only dropped 3 games in regulation in their past 10 games 6-3-0-1. The Sharks are also 6-3-1 in their last 10 trips at Nashville and 16-8 when playing against a team with a winning record. This one should be close. Maybe a Sharks win in a low-scoring game. I should have taken the ML here at 2.00 but these kind of odds excluding OT are very tempting. :evil:

:arrow: San Jose 2.45 @ expekt (3-way ex. OT)

miiho
18-02-04, 19:28
Hi guys! Since I won't be near a computer from 25th I'm going a bit faster with my picks. So my pick for today is again from NHL, cause I just hate friendlies in soccer:

Detroit - Phoenix (+1,5) HOME 2,1 NordicBet

The Wings are 2nd overall in Western Conference just 2 points behind Colorado. They are by far the highest scoring team in NHL, right after Ottawa and for me they are one of the main candidates for the Stanley Cup! Their home record is excellent 21-5-3-0. On the other hand we have Phonenix that has been a bit cold lately, winning just once in last 10 games 1-7-1-1. Phoenix is leading the H2H series this season qith a 5-2 win in Phoenix and a 3-3 tie in Detorit. But the Coyotes are out of form at the moment and I think with Playoffs getting closer and closer I'm sure Detroit would want to finnish top of Western Conference! So they have to win games like this one! Well all the games, but especially home games against a league's bottom opponent. IMO they can win with a 2 goal margin!

Good luck!

5:2 Detroit Win!!! Bet won!

Dingo
18-02-04, 21:55
1st Pick

NBA :

Detroit - Milwuakee (+5.5) 1 [ willhill 1.9 ]

Det with 6 loses in row , 4 of them away from home where their defence is not as strong when they play home , Milwuakke not defending so well , and even tho they score a lot lately , very motivated Detroit will stop them and win by the margin , at least 6 .

good luck all .

w84daddy
18-02-04, 22:55
I'm not sure if it's too late to enter the competition, but here it goes ...

Duke(-3.5) vs. Wake Forest (+3.5) @1.91 [gamebookers] LOST 84-90

Duke (21-2, 10-1) coming off its second loss this season gonna be looking to keep the first spot in the ACC, as NC State are just one game behind them. Wake Forest is coming off its big win over Cincinnati, but I don't think they will repeat their performance against the Blue Devils. Duke is to hungry to get in the race.

Good luck!

w84daddy

Daneck
18-02-04, 23:13
Pick No 8
5/2 so far +232

NBA:

Cleveland- Dallas OVER 205 @1,9 (Unibet) 98-114 WON

The line set high, but we have two high scoring teams as well. I predict Mavs to get at least 100 points on one hand and Cavs to score maybe a little more...The reasoning is as always the same and every one who makes some home work before bet knows the stats: the force of this couple relies on offensive power.
Dallas is very inconsistent on the road, we may say they are pretty weak with 10-16 record.They lost 92-109 to Memphis- BUT: Dallas has never scored UNDER 100 points 2 TIMES IN A ROW in its last 35 games.
As I said I expect then to get at least 100 points tonight to continue this pattern especially that OVER was 3-1 in last 4 meetings and 12-4 in Cleveland's last 16. And talking about Cleveland: they are hosts and this is where LeBron James is very effective. Defenseless Mavs is a territory for him to show his skills one more time.He was marvelous in preliminary events to the All-Star Games and why he shouldn't repeat it tonight...

UnderOver1979
19-02-04, 00:35
My pick of the day will be in the match Warriors-Lakers under 189 points @ 2.3 sportingbet

The reasons of this bet is that Lakers with the problems they have lately with the injuries and in addition with the fact playing away , have no other choise but more defensive play. I believe will not score many points. And also Lakers, will try to play good defence against Warriors so as to manage if they do so to win the match. I believe for a match like that 193 points set from books is too high and I get under 189 for this pick.