PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 10/2

champ1905
10-02-04, 01:11
no one asleep so i am opening...

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

champ1905
10-02-04, 01:12
Genclerbirligi-Denizlispor 1 2.25@ centrebet

Firstly i want to warn you about the cups.This is a Turkish Cup clash and as u know cups have no favours never.This is the quarter final clash and only one leg elimination.Genclerbirligi having a dissapointing season at the moment.They far from their aim as past years.They are bad at league and conceeding much goals.Some of their players were at africa nations cup and they returned exept one of them.They have to win this cup for their europe aim.They still continuing their way at uefa.On the other hand Denizlispor is the best anatolian team at Turkey now.They are also one of the best away team at league.They beat also Genclerbirligi at away league clash.But situations are different now.Denizlispor playing for league and Gencler is playing for cup.Draw is also possible at this clash but i really liked home odds.Finally i want to remind u about this is a cup match
2-0 WON

Bridges
10-02-04, 01:34
BIATHLON
World Championship Oberhof - Womens 15 km

Martina Glagow to win @ 5,00 (2,50 :? ) (Ladbrokes)

Comments here:
http://bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=310#19971

PS: Oh well I know 2,50 is max odds allowed, but since competition is called Pick of the day I have to pick my best bet of today, raight? Since the majority of my not have odds under 2,50 is my chances in the competition small but I try anyway :wink:

zik013
10-02-04, 02:25
Novak J. v Sluiter R. @ 2.6 @ Gamebookers

The reason for this pick, is pure motivation. I beleive that after injury problems Novak came to this tournament to loose his first game and go home (he doesnt want to withdraw and pay the money fine). The fact that Novak's regular doubles partner Palla is playing with Kollman.. which means Palla knows Novak is going to loose and leave this small money tournament.

Morbo
10-02-04, 05:23
Utah Jazz (+7) @ Portland Trailblazers -> pick Utah Jazz
->odds 1.85 at Interwetten
Pick Won
Final Score : Utah Jazz 86 - 81 Portland Traiblazers

A big trade between the Portland Trailblazers and the Atlanta Hawks, which sent Portland's Rasheed Wallace and Wesley Person to Atlanta, in exchange for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau.

Also, as if that weren't enough, Utah have been able to cover 7 of their last 10 meetings with Portland. Besides that, Utah will be itching to avenge the recent 87-73 home loss to the Portland.

All in all, Utah should be able to at least cover against this understaffed Portland team.

Luckyjammygit
10-02-04, 07:24
Luton v Brighton English Div 2 Tues.

6th Brighton Pld 29 46 pts.
10th Luton Town Pld 27 42 pts.

Luton home wins 9 from 14 played.[3 draws]
Brighton away wins 3 from 14 played.[4 draws]

Luton Last 5 Home 3 1 1
Brighton Last 5 Away 1 1 3

Recent Head-to-Head Results
D2 25-Aug-03 Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - 0 Luton Town

Team news
Luton have slight doubts over Matthew Spring (foot) and Kevin Foley (leg) but both are expected to be passed fit.
Adrian Forbes (knee) is still missing, while Alan Neilson (calf) and Paul Hughes (tibia) are not ready to return.

Brighton will be without injured pair Ben Roberts and John Piercy with ankle problems.

Nathan Jones is back after suspension, while goalkeeper Stuart Jones should make his full debut after replacing Roberts on Saturday.
================================================== ==
Luton have not lost for 5 games and they must take this chance to close the gap on the playoff teams which include Brighton.

However Brighton have only lost 1 in 5 and have had good home wins against Barnsley and division leaders Plymouth before drawing at bottam placed Wycombe who are playing for thier 2nd div lives.

Cant see them slipping up here after already beating Luton this season but also cannot see Lutons good home record letting them down.

0/3 so far and not trying to finish last but do think this will be an x.

My pick:
[b]Luton v Brighton Draw @ 3.20 Ladbrokes [2.5 for comp]

comanelu
10-02-04, 07:57
Leicester(0) Vs Bolton(0) :arrow: away :arrow: 1.9@Pinnacle

Read my comments here: http://www.1x2betting.com/index.php?out=campionat&ids=1&idc=6

darkside222
10-02-04, 08:28
First a question to the moderators:
I want to take Centrebet's offer for Glagow to finish at top 3 @ 1.75
The problem is that Bridges has taken Glagow to win the race @ 5.00
In my eyes this seems not to be the same bet although the same athlete is involved. Can you confirm if I can take this as my POD so that I can write some arguments?
Thanks

That is ok by me. /Per

Ok, thanks Per.
So....Let me change it a bit then. I have found the same offer in Nordicbet for 1.85 so the bet stands with different book.

Glagow to finish in top3 @ 1.85 @ Nordicbet

Our tipster Bridges has already given his prediction that Glagow will win this race but I have firm belief that she will be in the top 3. The competition is 15 km and for every missed shot a minute will be added. This creates already an advantage for good shooters like Glagow. Combined with her lately increased speed and the deteriorating form of certain 'good' runners I think that the race will be won by either Poiree, Glagow or Bogali. Hopefully Glagow so that both me and Bridges will be happy!!! :wink:
I have relied heavily on Glagow in real life too....

elmo
10-02-04, 08:43
Leeds United - Wolverhampton ,AH(0:+1/2) AWAY@1.65(G'bookers)

----------
profit: +80
----------
Leeds and Wolves, the Premiership's bottom two clubs, meet for a six-pointer basement battle.

Leeds United
>Leeds United manager Eddie Gray has confirmed that fans' favourite David Batty has played his last game for the struggling Yorkshire outfit

>Defenders Michael Duberry, who has a rib injury, and Lucas Radebe, who has a hamstring problem, are again out.

>The defeat in the Black Country at the end of last year was Gray's first in this current spell in charge. Leeds haven't lost a home League game against the Midlanders in 23 years since the 1-3 defeat in the old First Division on 21 March 1981, but they've only met four times in the League at Elland Road since then

Availble players:Robinson, Kelly, Harte, Morris, Camara, Caldwell, Barmby, Viduka, Pennant, McPhail, Smith, Bakke, Johnson, Matteo, Lennon, Domi, Richardson, Kilgallon, Milner, Carson.

Wolves
>David Jones believes his Wolves players can take all three points off Leeds on Tuesday - if they play as well as they did against Arsenal.He said:"We know it's going to be tough and very nervy because of the position of both teams in the table. But my players are all up for it - and we want the victory. If they give their best, we'll be alright," said Jones. "You've got to be successful and my players believe
they can stay in the Premiership."

>Wolves will never have a better chance of picking up a first away top flight maximum, on paper at least, since their 1-0 success against Liverpool at Anfield in January 1984.

>Wolves have won their last three League and Cup meetings with Leeds, culminating in the 3-1 home success on 28 December.
Wanderers came from behind, Steffen Iversen got a brace and Dominic Matteo of Leeds was sent off. It was Wolves' first win for two months and sets them up for one of only four possible 'doubles'.

>Paul Ince serves the second of his two-match suspension while Shaun Newton is not expected to recover from his recent
injury in time to play.

Availble players:Jones; Irwin, Naylor, Butler, Craddock, Rae, Cameron, Kennedy, Miller, Ganea, Cort, Iversen, Newton, Clyde, Silas, Gudjonsson, Luzhny, Oakes

-------------------
My Verdict:Draw
-------------------

Beezeri
10-02-04, 09:07
Maybe I should stop betting on German football... :roll:

6th pick and SM-Liigaa

Jokerit - TPS Home win @ 2,15 (Centrebet)

prediction:
http://bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=240

Usal
10-02-04, 09:28
A. Smashnova - Pistolesi v T. Golovin 2 2.370 @ pinnacle
16 year old golovin was the big surprise of the Aussie Open. She beat Pistolesi on the second round 2-0 and lost to lisa raymond on the 4th round. if she serves good no way pistolesi can stop her. she is also good in front of the net.
Pistolesi does not like indoor surfaces and her overall record is 14W-24L inodoors.

comanelu
10-02-04, 09:53
Leeds United - Wolverhampton ,AH(0:+1/2) AWAY@1.65(G'bookers)

----------
profit: +80
----------
Leeds and Wolves, the Premiership's bottom two clubs, meet for a six-pointer basement battle.

Leeds United
>Leeds United manager Eddie Gray has confirmed that fans' favourite David Batty has played his last game for the struggling Yorkshire outfit

>Defenders Michael Duberry, who has a rib injury, and Lucas Radebe, who has a hamstring problem, are again out.

>The defeat in the Black Country at the end of last year was Gray's first in this current spell in charge. Leeds haven't lost a home League game against the Midlanders in 23 years since the 1-3 defeat in the old First Division on 21 March 1981, but they've only met four times in the League at Elland Road since then

Availble players:Robinson, Kelly, Harte, Morris, Camara, Caldwell, Barmby, Viduka, Pennant, McPhail, Smith, Bakke, Johnson, Matteo, Lennon, Domi, Richardson, Kilgallon, Milner, Carson.

Wolves
>David Jones believes his Wolves players can take all three points off Leeds on Tuesday - if they play as well as they did against Arsenal.He said:"We know it's going to be tough and very nervy because of the position of both teams in the table. But my players are all up for it - and we want the victory. If they give their best, we'll be alright," said Jones. "You've got to be successful and my players believe
they can stay in the Premiership."

>Wolves will never have a better chance of picking up a first away top flight maximum, on paper at least, since their 1-0 success against Liverpool at Anfield in January 1984.

>Wolves have won their last three League and Cup meetings with Leeds, culminating in the 3-1 home success on 28 December.
Wanderers came from behind, Steffen Iversen got a brace and Dominic Matteo of Leeds was sent off. It was Wolves' first win for two months and sets them up for one of only four possible 'doubles'.

>Paul Ince serves the second of his two-match suspension while Shaun Newton is not expected to recover from his recent
injury in time to play.

Availble players:Jones; Irwin, Naylor, Butler, Craddock, Rae, Cameron, Kennedy, Miller, Ganea, Cort, Iversen, Newton, Clyde, Silas, Gudjonsson, Luzhny, Oakes

-------------------
My Verdict:Draw
-------------------

Odds 1.8@bet365.
Use www.betbrain.com or www.oddsexchange.com to see the best odds!!

Sigman
10-02-04, 10:01
England Premier League

Leeds United-Wolverhampton

This is must win situation for Leeds.Wolvs are their direct rival for relegation.Viduka 100% fit and home ground are big advatage for Leeds.And Wolvs are the worst away team in Premier league with record 0-3-9.But the problem is that Leeds are the worst home side in Premier with 2-4-6.I see Leeds like more stable Premier league team then Wolvs in last years and this is their last chance.They need 3 points from this game and that`s it.

Leeds United-Wolverhampton 1 2.15@Betinternet

WON 4-1

WhyNot?
10-02-04, 10:37
Tennis, San Jose
Spadea V. v Haas T.
Tommy Haas @2.60 with Gamebookers

Not very much to say about this match. First we have the so called favorite Vince Spadea, a good player. He lost in the 1st tound in Australian Open, but this year he achieved two quarterfinals (Auckland and Adelaide). BRAVO! but the matches he had weren't so hard, if you judge by his opponents.

On the other side Tommy Haas comes from an injury that took him out of the competition entire 2003 year. So not much to say about his form.

Why i took this one
Because yestarday i had against "injuried" Zabaleta, but he won easily 6-4 6-0. I reminded about Andrei Pavel who had some great matches just after a long injury. I think that Haas wouldn't go out to play the match if he knows he isn't fit. A win would give confidenece to him. I think it's clear that he is better than Spadea, but odds 2.60 are enormous against him, even if he comes after the injury! He had a lot of practice i think...he is a prof, that's what i count on!

I'm pretty confident here! Medium 6/10 on Haas!

GL!

Tomor
10-02-04, 10:38
Hi,
and today surprisingly another tennis pick for you... :lol:

Harel Levy - Frantisek Cermak
PICK LOST - Levy 63 63 :cry:

You can find my prediction here:
http://bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=242

PICK: Cermak
ODDS: 1.67
BOOKIE: Centrebet (I canīt use Fonbet as in my prediction because of rules of this competition)

My new February stats: +151 (3 of 4)

DSK121
10-02-04, 10:43
:lol: :lol: Ulihrach B. v Ivanisevic G. :arrow: 2 :arrow: 2.75 (gamebookers)

he win tommorow in double!!!!
he'e back!!!!
he still alive!!!!!
big braveheart!!!

7;6 3;6 7;6 WIN

Tomor
10-02-04, 11:26
:lol: :lol: Ulihrach B. v Ivanisevic G. :arrow: 2 :arrow: 2.75 (gamebookers)

he win tommorow in double!!!!
he'e back!!!!
he still alive!!!!!
big braveheart!!!

What about your reasons for this bet, some prediction etc.?? Tahoma or Per have already said it to you... check rules for this competition, please!

GSC|PR-man
10-02-04, 11:32
Open Gaz de France, Paris (ladies)

Jankovic J. v Safina D. - 2.530 @ Pinnacle

Two perspective girls with equal odds of a victory. Yugoslavian already has shown recently the opportunities, having won on AUopen at one of the best Russian - Elena Dementieva (6-1 | 6-4). I then saw this match and should tell, that Jankovich have made on me very pleasant impression. She now in very decent form. As on a parameter of performance on a hard she considerably surpasses the today's competitor. (48/26 > 18/14)

nijiiro
10-02-04, 12:59
Hi there, WTA :) This bet is on 11th.

M.Pierce vs N.Dechy - 2, 1.66 @ WilliamHill
(bet returned)
PS: haven't seen what happened in there, but imo Pierce just retired.

Not mutch to write about, just personal oppinion, saw last years' matches of Pierse and this AO performed by Dechy. Ought to say that it's a clear one, Dechy catched their powerplay not actually being' on top she showed some great skills during AO, while Pierce always was smth like "strong, but capable to go through". Don't want to give stats or smth like that, u could always find it via any search engine. Its kinda personal opinion, don't know how to call it, "difference in play level" if you want.

---
STATS:
3/3 +256

Croatia 385
10-02-04, 13:07
Charleroi (+6,5) - Estudiantes (-6,5) ---> away win ---> odds 1,85 @ Gamebookers

Prediction here ---> http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

BGhost
10-02-04, 13:20
DET Pistons v NJ Nets +4/-4, take Nets, 1.93@ Canbet WON, 78:89

Again a matchup based prediction: the Nets have shown that they can take care of the Pistons whenever they're really dedicated, and the past two weeks were completely Nets-time! Since they fired coach Byron Scott, the Nets rejuvenated and won 7 games in a row, all wins coming in double digits. Of course this was a part of Nets point guard, Jason Kidd's testament, as he begged Nets' management long ago to fire Scott, who he had personal problems with.
The Nets improved their defense and more importantly rebounding, quintessential for rekindling their fast-break style of play. However, the schedule has been lenient on them in the process as they had only one big test (in Houston) during the streak. That's why they should push their limits tonight, as to regain their pride as the top Eastern team against one of the top teams in the conference. Kenyon Martin was a big part of Nets' recent success and when he's motivated not even the best defenders in Ben Wallace's mold can stop him. Moreover, Pistons starting center and main threat in the paint, Mehmet Okur, will miss the contest thus easing on Nets' perimeter defensive line, who should collapse on Detroit's guards.
Pistons' defense struggled in the last 5 games, allowing 45% of the opponents' field-goal attempts, while Nets' offense blossomed hitting 48% from the field! This is an ultimate statement game for NJ, and although Detroit plays close games away from home, I expect at least an 8-point win here. Hurry-up, as the line will probably rise quickly.

paralias
10-02-04, 13:31
Well, one pick for me today (in real life i mean) and it stands back to SA section of the main site.

Sporting Cristal - Coritiba - Away win - 2.65 @ Centrebet Forgot i had this pick here without result, i update it almost a week later :) FT 4-1, bet lost

Preview here: http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=274

Good luck.

Per
10-02-04, 14:09
It's tennis for me tonight, I had a trotting bet in mind last night too, but I couldn't decide how much I believed the horse could win - it was also stated h2h against the 2nd favourite - those two horses were the only plausible winners... so I didn't bet and guess who won?
Oh well, easy come easy go.

Bet lost thanks to two tiebreaks... that's the last time I'm following that guy's advice on tennis :evil:

For tonight: Bohdan Ulirach-Goran Ivanisevic @1,40 with nordicbet.
The game is played indoors in Milan. Goran has got 7-1 in the meetings but let's face it. He retired a few years back but has decided he wants more - nothing wrong with that as he ended on a high wit a Wimbledon win.
Goran hasn't played a competitive game for 8 months, he lost 4 out of 5 last year.
Ulirach on the other hand has started the season quite well, 2nd round bows in Doha and Aussie Open (lost to Grosjean and Roddick) and went to the semis in Poland last week indoors.

Ulirach has got the match tempo in him, he's played recently, he's won matches while Ivanisevic hasn't played competitive for 8 months, the last game these two met was on the Queens' grass and Ulirach won. Plenty of reason he'll win again and 1,40 isn't much but here it's for the taking.

Croatia 385
10-02-04, 14:18
Just few facts about Pers pick...

Ivanisevic didn't retire and than change his mind after, he struggled with shoulder injurie, that's why he played only few matches in 2003. I beleive he is fit now, said his shoulder is 100% OK, match is played on pretty fast surface and I beleive I don't have to introduce you to Ivanisevic's main weapon...

Another fact, yesterday Ivanisevic and some pretty unknown Italian player beat well known Dutch combination, Sluiter and Verkerk I beleive...

I'm not tennis expert, but IMO this is at least no bet match, if not small stake on Ivanisevic at such high odds...

smagdanoz
10-02-04, 14:28
+ 178;3/4

pick N5

Leeds United - Wolverhampton Wanderers Over 2.5 (1.9@ Betandwin) won
Should I mention that both teams nead points?I'll take this pick because the home win is already taken.I can't imagine how a team like Leeds could be in such place.I admit that this season I saw them only in five matches and I saw a very decent and quick play especially in attack.And it can't be otherwise with players like Smith, viduka and Pennant.And maybe this is better option than home win because of host's poor defense.
What can I say abaut the "entertaining" visitors (sorry woolves fans but ...).Do not want to repeat the stats (Sigman upward) i'll mention only the GD: leeds 19-49;woolves 21-47.Thats it!

Good luck!

Lucien
10-02-04, 14:30
Pick of the day 10.2.:

Milwaukee Bucks - Sacramento Kings (-3) pick away win odds 1.92 PointBet

117 : 124 won

The Milwaukee Bucks will try to end a four-game losing streak against the Sacramento Kings when the teams meet at the Bradley Center, but Milwaukee has not beaten Sacramento since the 2000-01 season. The Kings have won & covered the last 4 in the series, & appear to be primed to run that streak to 5, as Sacramento comes in on a 5-1 SU & ATS run.
The Kings, who have the best record in the Western Conference, are 12-9 on the road, while the Bucks are an Eastern Conference-best 20-5 at home.

Overall record in February: 3/3

Lucien

comba
10-02-04, 14:53
hi my first start in this competition

and pick is reflex-vetnspils 1 1.75 centrebet

why?

reflex plays good last times they are unknown as team but very good team indeed have long bench and everything what is need to be on top of adriatic league and uleb cup very important match for them.on other side ventpils everything depend on their shooting if they shoot well... but reflex plays realy good in defense so i think they will be probably to hard obstacle for ventspils sharpshooters.

danielcz
10-02-04, 16:08
OK, so Now I think it's my time to get back to business after taking some time off recently.

My first pick will be, what else, from NBA:

Dallas Mavericks - New York Knicks OVER 204,5 @ 2,02 at Pinnacle

LOST

Here we have two teams that didn't worry a lot about their defense. Espeically lately both teams were shooting light off (Yes without this last Dallas acomplishment against Atlanta, still they have so bad defense). And with Dallas defense You know Knicks will score 100 points easily.

We have there Marbury, who is in great form. Then also van Horn is playing OK and matched up against Walker or Jamison should get points. Also Kurt Thomas in the paint will be able to score a lot after some pick-and-rolls with Marbury.

And in Dallas there will be no stopping Nash, Finley and Nowitzki. Also van Horn can't defend, so I'm expecting Walker or Jamison to break up of recent shooting slump.

Good Luck.

Peace.

casabel
10-02-04, 16:19
+ 178;3/4

pick N5

Leeds United - Wolverhampton Wanderers Over 2.5 (1.9@ Betandwin)

Should I mention that both teams nead points?I'll take this pick because the home win is already taken.I can't imagine how a team like Leeds could be in such place.I admit that this season I saw them only in five matches and I saw a very decent and quick play especially in attack.And it can't be otherwise with players like Smith, viduka and Pennant.And maybe this is better option than home win because of host's poor defense.
What can I say abaut the "entertaining" visitors (sorry woolves fans but ...).Do not want to repeat the stats (Sigman upward) i'll mention only the GD: leeds 19-49;woolves 21-47.Thats it!

Good luck!

good luck with your bet man but i want to point something here.In last 3 (away)games wolves have not scored once!!The same goes with Leed,in last 3 games (home) they have not scored!!So I cant see how they will score so much goals against eachother...

strandns
10-02-04, 16:22
hi my first start in this competition

and pick is reflex-vetnspils 1 1.75 centrebet

This is a mistake, Reflex plays this game away, in Letonia :!:

tahoma
10-02-04, 16:26
+ 178;3/4

pick N5

Leeds United - Wolverhampton Wanderers Over 2.5 (1.9@ Betandwin)

Good luck!
:roll:

betcollector
10-02-04, 16:33
Current position 2/1 +52pts

Fourth pick.

Ok time to take advantage of Bet 365's coverage of the English non-league football scene.

I was torn between two games tonight (Canvey to beat Grays and Bishop's Stortford to beat Braintree).

However my pick is English Ryman League, Braintree Town v Bishops Stortford Away win 2.37 Bet 365

The Ryman League is part of the pyramid system into the Football League proper, it has the same status as the Unibond and Dr Marten's League and the winners get promoted into the Conference. So effectively it's the fifth division equal in England.

This game is a local derby between two teams of contrasting form. Bishops Stortford have won their last 6 games beating some good sides including Carshalton. They average nearly 3 goals a game in this period.

Braintree meanwhile can't score for love nor money, 1 solitary goal in their last 6 matches and yes they've lost every game.

Things have got so bad for Braintree that one player James Richards turned up for the last game naked in an effort to raise team morale. However he then proceeded to get sent off in a 3-0 loss to Basingstoke. Nice one James!

According to reports Braintree had actually competed well until this point. However despite this perhaps misleading scoreline, I think Stortford should have enough to win this one.

They want revenge for a 3-2 loss in the reverse fixture (6 Stortford first teamers were out for this game) and the confidence of their winning run should see them through.

The only drawback for this bet is this is the English Non-League - semi professionals so you never know if half the team have been out on a bender the night before.

However I am pretty hopeful on this one.LOST :cry:

arttex
10-02-04, 17:08
Leicester - Bolton Over 2.5 @1.85 Bet 365 Lost (1:1)

:arrow: Leicester conceded 18 goals in last five games. Bolton is for sure able to score couple
:arrow: Leicester must play open and go for a win. In this part of the season playing too many draws is sure way to relegation for teams from the bottom. Bolton have nothing to lose: Only wins keep them close to European spot, two games without victory against Leicester - too many points lost. Draw mean little to either side
:arrow: Bolton also played high-scoring games recently (Aston Villa 5-2, Blackburn 3:4)
:arrow: In seven games of Leicester from last eight, there was even four or more goals
:arrow: First game between these two: 2:2

comba
10-02-04, 17:14
yes i saw that i write opposite but hope that from opinions is seen what i mean.automatically i wrote 1

haZart_Jack
10-02-04, 17:39
Pick 3 (February)
Arsenal - Southampton
English Premiership

The history:
2003-12-29 Southampton 0-1 Arsenal
2003-05-07 Arsenal 6-1 Southampton
2002-11-23 Southampton 3-2 Arsenal
2002-02-02 Arsenal 1-1 Southampton
2001-10-13 Southampton 0-2 Arsenal
2001-05-19 Southampton 3-2 Arsenal
2000-12-02 Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
2000-02-26 Arsenal 3-1 Southampton
1999-09-18 Southampton 0-1 Arsenal
1999-04-03 Southampton 0-0 Arsenal
1998-10-17 Arsenal 1-1 Southampton
1998-01-31 Arsenal 3-0 Southampton
1997-08-23 Southampton 1-3 Arsenal
1997-03-15 Southampton 0-2 Arsenal
1996-12-04 Arsenal 3-1 Southampton
1995-12-09 Southampton 0-0 Arsenal
:arrow: As you see under 9 out of last 16 meetings ended with under 2.5 goals.

This season
The numbers:
:arrow: Arsenal home goal scored every 45min and home goal conceded every 123min
:arrow: Arsenal scored 9 goals in their last 3 home matches. So statisticaly it's quite normal in this game their effectiveness to drop down. Also they allowed 2 goals in their last 2 at home, so I expect today they would hardly concede a goal
:arrow: Southampton away goal scored every 99min and away goal conceded every 76min
:arrow: Southampton scored 3 goals in their last 2 games away. Also they allowed 7 goals in their last 3 matches far from home. So I expekt their game tonight to be tight and low-scoring
:arrow: Under 2.5 goals are 16 out of 24 games for Southampton this season

The match:
Very important for Arsenal. They must win and keep the 1st place in the lague. They must avoid the loss and try to extend their club record to 25 unbeaten matches from the beginning of a season. Thierry Henry is one away from 100 Premiership goals for Arsenal. This might burden him tonight.
Southampton is not in must-win situation, but if they win some points in this and next rounds they could move up in the table and fight for places in Europe. Southampton will have confidence after hampering Man Utd away 2-3.
I expect tight game and not easy match for Arsenal. Normally they should win, but I don't like the price. Under seems interesting bet for me here and the odds are good.

Take: total under 2.5 goals @ 2.20 with Betandwin
What happened:
The match ended with final score 2:0 for Arsenal. So the bet under 2.5 goals won.
Despite the early goal of Henry, Arsenal not conceded goals and scored only once more - in the 90min, Henry again.
Won
So far this month:
Number of picks: 3
Correct: 2
Balance: +110

Jiorgos
10-02-04, 18:14
From what i have read so far from several sites about the tonight games i can tell that i can see a win for Bolton if i consider the fact that they were unlucky at home against Liverpool because they could had win the game. Fact though is that at the end of that game the score was 2 - 2 and 100 more chances wouldn't change it. I don't think that Leicester is able to handle this game while Giannakopoulos ( the Greek scorer from Olympiakos FC) is playing tonight. So here i go for the 2,45 from bet-at-home.

Second one is a game with a very possible home win. Luton vs Brighton 2nd divison teams in England. Luton has 2 draws out of the past 3 games while Brighton is not the strongest team away from home ( 3-4-7 with 16 scored and 21 received . Almost the oposite from Luton at home 26 scored and 14 received. ) A good pick with 2,20 for home win.

And my third pick will be an away win from the game Dundee United - Hibernian where the odds for the guests are 2,70.

Wish you all good luck

Palini
10-02-04, 20:17
One of my betting-rules is never to bet on first round matchess or leagues that are re-starting after a break. You could say that NHL is re-starting tonight after that All Star-game break, but it's not really that long, so I won't bother about that rule today.

Icehockey, NHL

Grand Salami, total goals UNDER 45.5 ----> 1.89 @Pinnacle Bet won, 45 goals in total :D

If tonight's games are going to produce at least 46 goals, then it takes an average of >5.0 goals If you take a look on the teams averages (at home and away) so far in NHL you get something like this:

Tampa Bay - Toronto 5,2 - 5,3
Buffalo - San Jose 5,6 - 4,7
Philadelphia - New Jersey 5,0 - 4,1
Pittsburgh - Boston 5,4 - 5,7
Ottawa - St. Louis 5,5 - 4,8
Florida - Montreal 5,0 - 4,7
Minnesota - Los Angeles 4,5 - 4,9
Calgary - Atlanta 4,5 - 6,2
Colorado - N.Y. Islanders 4,7 - 4,9

That doesn't look too promising with my bet, but 11 teams are under 5.0 and 7 teams are over 5.0, and when you look at those teams with an avarage over those 5.0, you find that many of them play against some really defensive strong teams. Atlanta face a very defensive and in good form Calgary, Buffalo against a very defensive and in good form San Jose, both Tampa and Toronto have strong goalies. Pittsburgh doesn't "collapse" as often as home, as they tend to do away from home. That leaves us only with Ottawa.
I also get the feeling that teams play a lot more disciplined after a break. Players that aren't especially tired, tend to be more focused and listen more to the coaches, that usually emphasis on defence.
These kinds of bets are always a bit hazardous, but even if we should be "unlucky" to see a 10+ goal game today, I still think there's a decent chance for this bet to be successful. There's some really strong defensive teams playing, so there could be at least a couple of games with not more than three goals in total, and those should make this bet sure. That's at least what I hope.

Macot
10-02-04, 21:40
Utah Jazz (+7) @ Portland Trailblazers -> pick Utah Jazz
->odds 1.85 at Interwetten

A big trade between the Portland Trailblazers and the Atlanta Hawks, which sent Portland's Rasheed Wallace and Wesley Person to Atlanta, in exchange for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau.

Also, as if that weren't enough, Utah have been able to cover 7 of their last 10 meetings with Portland. Besides that, Utah will be itching to avenge the recent 87-73 home loss to the Portland.

All in all, Utah should be able to at least cover against this understaffed Portland team.

2/4 +21 points and improving!!

I disagree here, and it means, my pick is:
*Portland v Utah (+4,5) Home (1) 1,91 GAMEBOOKERS
Portland are again in play-offs race and got better off this trade. I think, getting rid off a troublemaker Rasheed Wallace and instead getting best Atlanta player Abdur-Rahim plus a solid forward Theo Rattliff is a good deal.
It is pretty lucky, that they play out of form Utah, who are coming off a tight win at the worst team of the West, Phoenix and had 6 losses in a row prior to that win.... Utah are finding the game tough at the moment, their roster is thin and they were overachieving so far!
Portland are in nice form (7-1 in last 8 games!!) and since I think, they got the better part of newest trade, they should win easily!!
PS- not to mention Por at Uta +15 10 days ago...
:wink:
Good luck!

Bravo, Morbo, I was tottally wrong here, underestimated this important change in Portland team, so I lost! BET LOST Por -5...

woolf
10-02-04, 22:23
American Hockey

San Jose has won 8 out of their last 11 and is playing for its 3rd straight win after 2 consecutive shutouts against Florida and Phoenix. Buffalo on the other hand had a 4 game winning streak going on, after dropping its last one against Boston. The Sabres are 7-2-2 in their last 11 home games though. They are 9-2 after allowing 4 goals or more this season, (note: 4-day all star break). Buffalo is allowing an average of 2.1 goals in their last 5 at home, while scoring 3.4. In this matchup, the home team is 14-0-4 in the last 18 plus San Jose has lost 10 straight at Buffalo. I have to give the goaltending edge to San Jose. Nobokov > Biron any time. But guess what. None of ‘em is starting :P Toskala is the probable starter for the Sharks while Noronen will go for Buffalo (not confirmed). I love to put my money on home underdogs.

:arrow: Buffalo Sabres -.5 2.40 @Pinnaclesports

Brent
10-02-04, 23:24
NHL Hockey

Boston Bruins/Pittsburgh Penguins
OVER 5.5 GOALS 1.96 AT PINNACLE WON 6-3

The over is 4-0 in Pittsburghs last four
home games.

Boston has averaged 3.60 goals a game
over their last five games.

Bostons last two games have gone over.

In Pittsburghs last five games their defense
has given up an average of 4.80 goals.

Daneck
11-02-04, 00:04
Pick No 5

3/1 so far +142

Minnesota- LA Clippers OVER 199.5 @1,8 Nordicbet 96-84 LOST
This pick is based on last trends:

Over is 10-2 in LAC's last 12

Over is 6-2 in LAC last eight road games.

Over is 4-1 in MIN's last five meetings.

Over is 6-1 in T-Wolves last seven at home.

Clippers on the end of their road are pretty impressive scorers:
104 against NYK.
100 against Wash.
95 against Bos.
101 against Atl.
115 agains Orl.

You may say that those teams can't defend- but T'volves aren't defensive killers either. They are offensive minded team and basic of their succes has been triangle so far- Garnett-Cassel- Sprewell- if they have good shooting day, defense is not needed. I watched Minnesota's last game against Memphis and I saw sand in this good working machine.Altough, Clippers don't have men to stop offensive T'volves power and we'll see a high scoring game.