PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the Day 2/2

Per
02-02-04, 10:11
So very tired after Superbowl.. and for 40 mins it was one of the most boring sports events ever but the remaining 20... 8O
A pity for Carolina as they fought really brave indeed but someone always have to lose the big finals.

It's Monday so noy many objects but there's always a few odd targets to bet on - Good Luck.

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

Arbiter Elegantiarum
02-02-04, 10:23
Hello, strating with high odds pick to get it runnin`.

Mali-Senegal 1 odds 4,25 Unibet lost

Really tense match, with big rivalry between this two nations. Gaining first position in this group is very important here, becuase it mean avoiding Tunisia in quaterfinals and probably Cameroon in semis!!! Win or draw here for Mali means great chance for even going all the way to the final.

At the moment I rate Mali as better team. Difference between this sides are strikers. Mali have great attack with Keita and Sissoko on wings and fantastic Kanoute up front. Senegal have two out of form striekrs Diouf and Camara. many Senegal players are on downtrend after World Cup, sitting on bemch in clubs.

Mali is on the rise, they are still hungry for success and that`s most important for African teams.

Pick is risky, because Mali only needs a draw. But I think this price is RIDICULOUS. 4,25? :lol: Great value, I`m taking it, Mali is better team now.

darkside222
02-02-04, 10:29
My first pick of the month.
Senegal vs Mali X @ 3.20 @ Ladbrokes PICK WON (1-1)

It seems that a draw is enough for Mali to get the first position and avoid big names in the q-finals and semis.
At the same time a draw is enough for Senegal to qualify (although even if the lose they will probably qualify due to goal difference).
I can imagine that there will be a boring game ending 0-0 or 1-1.
Whatever the outcome 1.80 for Senegal to win represents no value so that's why I am picking the draw.
Good luck to everyone and sorry that I couldn't comment further on my pick.

darkside222
02-02-04, 10:31
OOOOPPPPSSSSS

I forgot to write that my bet is for the draw. Will edit soon...

Per
02-02-04, 11:22
I thought this was a no-betting day but after browsing the offers I'll have to post from the Bandy Wolrd Championships.

Anyone who fancy a dead-certain 1-2% payoff today, back Russia to win over Kazachstan. Personally I doubt even an divine intervention can help the kazachs to win or draw against Russia. Bandy WC is a two-legged race between Sweden and Russia, everyone else is way behind as a team considered.
Bet won, Russia 10-3
But for my bet: Unibet offers 1,83 on Russia(-5,5) and that's a big market price in comparison, Expekt for instance offers 1,55.
Sweden won over Kazachstan 14-2 and while I doubt they will fold like that against Russia (big brother syndrome) the Russians are certainly looking to show what they're made of. Russia won over Norway 6-3 in their first game and I expect them to be out looking for some goals and I hope they can score half of what Sweden did.
Good news, Sergei Lomanov Jr. was rested against Norway but he will play today, Sergei Obuchov is looking to take the all-time scoring record in the WC and overall Russia must be looking to gear up after their slow start(yes, 6-3 over Norway was a slow start) as Sweden is their next opponent.

Moneymaker
02-02-04, 11:51
From NBATIP (http://www.nbatip.com): Odds 3.10 Expekt

NBA: Denver vs Portland

Nuggets is surely the surprise of the season so far. Who would have expected that they could be 28-21 like they are now and heading towards play-offs. But to be true this is not the team that only won 17 games last year. Now they have Miller, Nene, Camby (healthy now), Anthony and one small guy named Boykins. If Denver can keep up its rhythm and avoid injuries they will be in top 8 of the Western Conference and play in play-offs. Amazing achievement, which makes coach Jeff Bzdelik for a candidate to get the Coach of The Year title. One of big reasons, why Denver is where they are now, is the fact that they play very good at home (18-8 ).

Portland is 21-24 at the moment and has away record 6-16. But don`t be fooled by those stats – they have won 4 last away games against opponents like Sacramento, Washington, Memphis and Atlanta. All this has come together after trading Darius Miles from Cleveland. Also big reason for recent success is fading rumors about trading Rasheed Wallace. “Sheed” plays like in best days and with Randolph they really destroying their opponents. Portland is in 4 game winning streak and will be looking for yet another win tonight against Denver.

Denver is a good home team, but Portland has strongly improved in away over the past two weeks. This should be quite equal game with both teams having 50-50 chances for win. Expekt offers odds 3.10 for Portland. It is worth to take with small stakes.

Moneymaker

DSK121
02-02-04, 12:05
when I saw post upsters :arrow: Denver Nuggets - (+5,5)Portland Trail Blazers 2 - 1.80 (wetten-schwechat)
I think it'd good :lol:

DSK121, before you post another message in the competition subforums could you please read the rules and follow them? With picks like this one you will not be included ion the competition (unauthorized bookmaker, no analysis/motivation). Sincerely, Per

Usal
02-02-04, 12:07
Senegal v Mali >2.5 1.95 @gamebookers Bet lost, 1-1 /Per

Senegal also wants not to meet the big names in the next rounds. i think the opposite of darkside and think both of the teams will try to win this game and play an open game. a draw is enough for senegal for qualifying. but if they lose and burkina faso wins big gap over kenya they might lose their spot. under all these circumstances senegal will play for winning and with mali's in form strikers we'll surely see some goals from them too.

megapoxy
02-02-04, 12:34
It seems that many tipsters have picked the same match for today's pick of the day but anyway it's by far the match of the day...
Senegal and Mali like Tinisia against Guinea yesterday will both be satisfy with a draw that will lead both the teams to the next round of Copa Africa.
It is high possible that it will look like a friendly match,none of the teams will be highly motivated to win,it's not even sure if they will use their regular squads or the coaches will rest some of the key players...
Senegal will play against the hosts of the African cup in case the match ends a draw but at the moment they have a worse team than Mali and can't expect too much in this match...
Evrything will be depended though on how is the other match of the group will be...Burkina Faso has to win with a big margin to have chances of qualifying if Senegal will lose,so I guess Senegal will wait until halftime to know the status of the other match...
So my second pick is
SENEGAL-MALI X HALFTIME @ 2.15 @ Expekt

1:1 with a late equaliser by Senegal PICK WON

GSC|PR-man
02-02-04, 12:38
Tennis - Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo (ledies)

Panova T. vs. Zheng J. - 0:2 (Set Betting) @ 3.30 - Gamebookers

Panova already played with CHeng in 2002 on I.hard has crushed the Chinese woman 63 61. But after that the Russian long time has been seriously injured and recently not so successfully plays. The last year also has at all finished defeat on tournament ITF from weak Marrero 16 16. In it already ripely to lose for Tu, Klejnova. At the Russian on a carpet 22-19, but last time on this covering she showed intelligible tennis in far 2001. In 2003 on Carpet has lead only one game to Tokyo has devastatingly lost Cohen - Aloro 06 36. She in the disgusting form also can lose for a conclusion without ceremony in two sets.

Weity
02-02-04, 14:01
Expekt offers odds 3.10 for Portland. It is worth to take with small stakes.

It doesn't look like your pick of the day to me if you took it only with small stakes... :roll:
I think people are still chasing high odds too much for this competition and are not taking the bets they are very confident in. And this is nothing against you Moneymaker, I just took you for example...

jcgros
02-02-04, 14:07
Molik - Hantuchova 1 @ 1.42 Gamebookers

Both players were recently in confrontation with Australian open.Victory in 2 sets of the Australian 6-3 and 6-4. Molik is in great form since the beginning of season and will confirm it on the ground. In the australian open, Molik only bowed 7-5 and 7-5 against Mauresmo.

Hantuchova has difficulty in returning to her best level after her problems of health.

To my opinion there will be no problems for Molik this night.

andyjj
02-02-04, 14:55
Paul Hunter - David Gray 1 odds 1,33 at Centrebet

Even though Paul havn't found his 100 % form yet I believe he will take this one against bad David very easily.

By the way Hunter crushed Gray 5-2 last time they met.

I know it's terrible low odds, but he will win I am very confident with that and becides I think all other odds today sucks :)

//UPDATED This is snooker :)

/Andyjj

PICK WON

darkside222
02-02-04, 15:01
Sorry Andy,
but what sport would that be?

casabel
02-02-04, 15:28

It doesn't look like your pick of the day to me if you took it only with small stakes... :roll:
I think people are still chasing high odds too much for this competition and are not taking the bets they are very confident in. And this is nothing against you Moneymaker, I just took you for example...

I tottaly agree with Weity here.We should provide help to eachother here for confident picks!Not risky ones just to make it to the 1st place of the comp....and that has nothing to do with moneymakers post (who i respect)

yane
02-02-04, 16:14
Piacenza-Palermo X 2.45 at Gamebookers Bet won, 2-2 /Per

Piazenca
home record 9 2 0
Only 15 goals scored end best defence at home ground only 2 goals in their net
Palermo
away record 3 6 3
with 11 goals scored and 10 received
Piacenza without defenders Radice and Campagnaro both injured . Palermo have several missing players. Zauli and the defenders Atzori and Terlizzi are injured, the playmaker Corini is suspended.So I think that they will try only to not lose this match.
The first clash ended draw 1:1
I see draw again(1:1,0:0)

strandns
02-02-04, 16:37
Sorry Andy,
but what sport would that be?

That would be a snooker pick :wink:
But I'm not sure if 1.33 odds are alowed in this competition :idea:

Saso_D_25
02-02-04, 16:38
Tennis - Tokyo

K. Srebotnik VS S. Obata 2 @ 1.83 William Hill

Srebotnik in very bad form lately. Lost in 1 st round Australian Open, no chance in doubles too ( her speciality).

Obata plays at home, with good matches in Australia (Sugiyama lost 6:4 6:4). I think home advantage, better form - Obata is favourite here.

Moneymaker
02-02-04, 16:44

I tottaly agree with Weity here.We should provide help to eachother here for confident picks!Not risky ones just to make it to the 1st place of the comp....and that has nothing to do with moneymakers post (who i respect)

Guys dont you get it??? It is not about probabilty, but about value. I take it with small stakes cause it is 50-50, but its valuable ... and valuable enough for POTD.

Yes I could take 10 picks with odds 1.2 and win 8 of them and still be in - side, but I prefer to take 10 picks with odds around 2.5-3 win 5 of them and be in sure profit. So it is surely my pick of the day ... its all about the value

Moneymaker

Maple Leafs
02-02-04, 16:48
Minnesota - St Louis 2 with -0,5 at 2,20 Gamebookers

Two team in a very bade shape.
Wilds have won 3 games on the 16 last ones. And Blues 4 on 16 last one !!
In this case anything can happend.
The odds to handicaps seems to be a really good chance for St Louis.

Two meeting between the teams, two draws at St Louis (1-1 and 2-2).

woolf
02-02-04, 16:56
American Hockey
--------------------

Anaheim’s poor performance on the road and its goaltending are a couple of the reasons the Ducks are just 3rd from the end in the Western conference and 13 points behind a playoff spot with about 30 games remaining. Giguere has a GAA of 2.80 and Gerber 2.50. Anaheim has allowed an average of 3.8 goals in its last 6 games while they score just 1.6 away from home. Their road record is just 6-16-2-3. Edmonton is still trying to bring its record above .500. They are only 3 points ahead of the Ducks, and this is a chance for them to win what some call a 4-point game. Home ice has not given the oilers any advantage this year having a 12-12-3 record. Despite that, they have been shooting over 30 shots per game at home. Out shooting your opponents doesn’t necessary mean you get the win, but it gives you the edge. Some trends are that the Ducks are just 1-13 ATS coming off a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game this season plus that Anaheim is 2-11 on the road when Giguere is on the net. (Not confirmed but probably he is going tonight). The odds for the Oilers opened around at 1.58 moneyline. But course I’ve seen how this works here, my tip for today Monday is…

Edmonton to win (3 way, ex. OT) @ 2.05 NordicBet

Benfikista
02-02-04, 17:03
Alverca v Beira Mar X 3.20 @T gamebookers Bet lost, 1-2 /Per
I think this match will end up in a draw.
Alverca are a weak team at home, but they get lots of draws.
Beira-Mar is loosing it's form, they are now 3 games without a win, and I think tonight, they will continue to struggle.
So my pick is an X.

Good luck !

andyjj
02-02-04, 17:06
To moneymaker

You're just right - just my opinion! :)

But the days where there is nothing good to bet even odds 1,30 can be picked. It's all about the amount of various bets available.

/Andyjj

Moneymaker
02-02-04, 17:17
To moneymaker

You're just right - just my opinion! :)

But the days where there is nothing good to bet even odds 1,30 can be picked. It's all about the amount of various bets available.

/Andyjj

Yes of course, I sometimes take bets with odds 1.30 or even lower ... still its then again about value. If it is for me 90%-95% probabilty odds 1.3 are good enough.

MM

Beezeri
02-02-04, 18:00
Let's try NHL for a while...

NY Rangers - Vancouver Away win @ 2,20 (Expekt)

Prediction at NHLpunter (http://www.nhlpunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=289)

Lestat
02-02-04, 18:25
My pick for today is from Serie B

Piacenza v Palermo 1@ 2.30 GAMEBOOKERS Bet lost, 2-2 /Per

Both team placed in the first half of the table,Palermo 3rd and Piacenza 5th,will try to win to stay in contention for promotion.It is an very evan game but I think that Piacenza will win this one.
Piacenza have a great home record 11 9 2 0 15-2,best in the league.
Palermo's away record is 12 3 6 3 11-10which again is pretty good.
Last meeting between these two teams ended 1-1,but tonight I belive that Piacenza will win.

*tiger*
02-02-04, 18:52
Piacenza V Palermo X/2 5.50 at Gamebookers Bet lost, 1/X, 2-2 /Per

Piacenza and Palermo are both in the top of serie B standings but with diffrent objectives it seems.Piacenza's coach declared that his team is not fighting for a promotion place as this is not their objective for this season (Ma Cagni nega di avere ambizioni di promozione: "Noi dobbiamo ragionare partita per partita senza porci obiettivi particolari. Non abbiamo l'obbligo di andare in serie A come può averlo il Palermo". .)
Palermo has 5 players(Grosso,Biava,Atzori, Zauli,Terlizzi and Corini)out for this game,but the coach said that they will do everithing to beat Piacenza and go up the ladder for a promotion place as the teams on the first places, Atalanta and Ternana got some poor results this week.

Brent
02-02-04, 18:59
NCAA College Basketball
Ohio 1st half moneyline (2.19) at Pinnacle

Ohio is playing Miami-Ohio who is averaging only 60.4 ppg while giving up 58.5 ppg.Ohio has won the last two games against Miami and this will be a low scoring game.The game promises many rebound opportunities as Miami is the worst shooting team in the Mid American Conference at 40.4%.Ohio is one spot above Miami at 40.9% but they make 44% of their 3 point shots when playing at home.

Isaac
02-02-04, 19:16
haZart_Jack, has been unable to post on the forum due to connection troubles, so he sent his pick in an email to me.

Below is his prediction:

February
Pick 1
Nancy - Lorient
French Ligue 2
Previous meetings:
2003-08-19 Lorient 2-0 Nancy
2003-04-22 Nancy 0-0 Lorient
2002-09-22 Lorient 1-0 Nancy
2001-04-13 Nancy 0-1 Lorient
2000-10-28 Lorient 2-0 Nancy
1999-05-05 Nancy 2-0 Lorient
1998-11-28 Lorient 0-1 Nancy
1998-03-28 Lorient 2-3 Nancy
1997-10-18 Nancy 2-0 Lorient
Current positions:
Overall:
-Nancy 10th place (7-9-5, 24:19)
-Lorient 5th place (11-4-6, 37:21)
Home and away:
-Nancy 11th place home table (5-2-3, 15:9)
-Lorient 15th place away table (1-4-6, 12:15)
Last 4 home and away:
-Nancy last 4 home 2-1-1
-Lorient last 4 away 1-2-1
Curiously:
This round in French Ligue 2, 9 out of 9 matches finished without a draw. Somewhat this is strange for this league. Maybe the last game will go for a draw. Seems reasonable to me.
Some comments:
The 3pts here are very important for Lorient. If they win this match, they will move on 2nd place in the table. But it's not so easy to beat Nancy (only 1 loss in their last 9 matches). And at home they are 5-2-3.
I suppose both teams will satisfy with the draw.
The thing that worry me is this teams have only 1 draw in last 9 meetings - last year Nancy 0-0 Lorient.
Let's see the offers:
If you have 2.90+ for the draw here, it is value for me. From the bookies included in the competition the best draw offer is 2.75 and it can be found at Bet365 and Ladbrokes. Elsewhere it is less. Interwetten has only 2.40 for the draw.
Interesting - Gamebookers have this match ht/ft x/x at 2.25!? Strange.
The most interesting offer comes from Ladbrokes. They have huge 5.00 on ht/ft x/x and I see big value here.
Pick: Nancy - Lorient ht/ft x/x @ 5.00 (Ladbrokes)

Weity
02-02-04, 19:35
NHL:

Philadelphia - Tampa Bay - 1 @ 1.66 ML (Pinnacle) 1:2 - bet lost :(

It's a match between two in-form teams. Tamba Bay have won last 5 games and Philadelphia is also unbeaten in last 5 matches (4-0-1).
But I still think that Philadelphia will win this one. From general point of view I have to say that I rank Philadelphia much higher than Tampa Bay. Flyers have more great players and "longer" bench. And if we look at Flyers' home stats we can see that they are pretty good at home. They lost only 4 of 24 matches (and 3 after OT).
Tampa Bay is having great season so far but I think they are going down in their results. Their position in the table is very good but you have to know that they started the season veeery good and they were one of the best in points at the begining of the season. Since then they started to play a little worse and I think the right picture is showing slowly. Their wining streak of 5 games is already very good for that team and one loss won't hurt them too much. :wink:
One more thing: In all-time results between these two, Philadelphia is much better (30-9-8 ) and they lost only 4 times in last 27 matches (18-4-5). But Tampa Bay won last two games and that is one more reason why I think Flyers will win tonight. Can they lose 3 in a row against Tampa? I don't think so...
I was thinking about taking straight Flyers' win without overtime included (odds around 2.0) but then I decided to start the new month a little safer in case of overtime win or draw.

Good luck! :wink:

Macot
02-02-04, 19:44
Weity, if you try I think, you will get better odds on this one!

But, lets concentrate to my own pick.

February: 1/1 +100
A good start!

Pick N2:
*-2,5/Atlanta Hawks v LA Clippers 1 (Home), 1.91 CENTREBET
There is no doubt in my mind, this is a winner.
Atlanta has a better team, that results show! They are coming off a nice win against Milwaukee Bucks, they were leading the whole match, up to almost +20 and won +10 at the end.
Clippers are on 6 games eastern trip against under 50% teams and they are 1:1 currently (they had a nasty loss against in-form Miami (over 20 points difference) and are coming off a nice win against the worst team of the league, Orlando.

8/10 stake home win (beating 2,5 hdcp)!!
Good luck!!
:wink:

Jank
02-02-04, 21:08
Found a superb bet again after a while, looks like a mistake by the bookies but it's been on for 30 minutes and odds don't change so.. Grab it while it's there ;)

Pick #1
Event: BASKETBALL - NBA H2H - Most points. Cardinal B & Cheaney C (Golden State) - Posey J & Williams J (Memphis).
Pick: A
Odds: 2.20
Bookie: NordicBet

Brian Cardinal and Calbert Cheaney are Golden States bench players, Jason Williams and Jason Posey are starters for Memphis. They spend much more time on the court, they make more shot attempts, they score more points on average. They are clear favourites in this bet, like 85% to 15% for me, so odds 2.20 are great to say the least.

Scoring of Cardinal + Cheaney in this month's Golden State away games: 12-16-5-16-24-8-8. Average: 12.7 ppg.
Scoring of Posey + Williams in this month's Memphis home games: 27-18-16-37-23-27-43-23-20. Average: 26 ppg.

26 ppg compared to 12.7 ppg. What other arguement do you need?

"Hidden catch". Surely this is a typo? Odds like this are illogical? Well, not completely. In last Memphis game (away @ Detroit) Posey and Williams only combined for 3 points. BUT: sometimes everyone has an awful game, the chances of it happening two times in a row are minimal and it was an away game.

I already gave my estimations - 85% for this bet to win, huge value, best bet I've found in a while I think :)

Dead_Eye
02-02-04, 21:18
Hi,

My pick for tonight is:

Miami - Detroit over 167 2,01 Pinnacle

In last four games Miami hits 95, 93, 97 and 94 points (avg. 94,75 ppg)...Detroit hits 82, 106, 90, 80 (avg. 89,5 ppg) - what make "last game calculated line" at 184 level. In their last meeting at Florida they managed to score 174 points. There is no big absences in both teams. If few days ago Heat score 95 against Houston's "rock-defence" - why shouldn't they do it against solid Piston's wall. Also 80 is easy level to cross for Pistons, especially now, when they are on winning streak...

Greetings

John_JUVE
02-02-04, 22:20
Pick no1

Eddie Curry - Rashard Lewis Most points NBA H2H 2 1.65 Nordicbet 25-20 BET LOST

I found this great pick in my opinion thanks to friend Jank who picked a similar bet for tonight.

Rashard Lewis

Games 44
Points Per Game 18.8
Min per game 37.2
FG attempts per game 16
Last 10 games scoring 17-22-30-15-13-27-12-13-7-13 ( Avg 16.9 )

Eddie Curry

Games 41
Points Per Game 12.7
Min per game 27.2
FG attempts per game 9.3
Last 10 games scoring 27-8-21-8-10-12-2-8-20-12 ( Avg 12.8 )

So we could see that there is a clear favorite for scoring most points in this game.Besides Lewis is 2nd best scorer in Seattle after Allen and he is a good 3pt shooter with 39.8%.And Lewis scored over 10 pts in 9 of 10 last games,while Curry only 5 in 10...
I think if things go well Lewis will win this matchup easily...

mj_air
02-02-04, 22:35
Seattle/Chicago under 200,5 pts 1,90 @ EXPEKT

I don't see here a high scoring game. Espesially I don't see Chicago to score in Seattle more then 85pts. And that's why this is my POTD. tonight.

TEAM COMPARISONS:
Points/Game
Seattle 97,6
Chicago 89,5
As you see- statistics are on my side :)

Last game:
Nov. 15; SuperSonics, 98-90. At Chicago

miiho
02-02-04, 22:37
Hi guys!

Well I'm certainly hoping that I start better this month than I did in January. Hope to have more help from lady luck!

Well I can't quite decide if I should take over 5 with 1,95 or over 5,5 with 2,35. If the total is 5 then it's a push, but the difference is 40 points and the bet to be won I need 6 goals in both cases. But I'll go for:

Philadelphia Flyers - Tampa Bay Lightnings OVER 5,5 2,35 Gamebookers

Well this is a match-up between two teams in great form. Flyers have won 6 of their last 8 games. They are currently in a 5 game unbeaten streak and are in lead in the Atlantic divison. Their home record is 15-4-2-3 and altogether they have scored 47 goals and conceeded 119 in 53 games. On the other side we have Tampa that has won 5 in a row! So both teams are playing great hockey at the moment and all those games are usually high scoring! Sometimes this kind of games between two very good teams can be low scoring and teams can put all the effort into defence, but lately I have had quite alot of succes with OVEr bets. Looks like teams are focusing more on offense and scoring goals. So I've written some scores of last games for both teams. Hope they'll add another to this list of high scoring games! Both previous matches were OVER: 6-1 and 5-4. Come on, let's score some goals!!!

Philly has 9 out of 11 games with 5 or more goals total:

31 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v PIT Penguins 5:3
26 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v WAS Capitals 4:1
24 Jan 04 BUF Sabres v PHI Flyers 1:2
23 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v NY Rangers 4:2
21 Jan 04 MON Canadiens v PHI Flyers 4:1
17 Jan 04 TOR Maple Leafs v PHI Flyers 1:4
14 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v BUF Sabres 2:6
13 Jan 04 PIT Penguins v PHI Flyers 2:1
09 Jan 04 FLO Panthers v PHI Flyers 4:3
04 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v TB Lightning 1:6

Tampa has 8 out 9 games with total of goals 5 or more:

01 Feb 04 ATL Thrashers v TB Lightning 2:5
30 Jan 04 PIT Penguins v TB Lightning 1:5
28 Jan 04 TB Lightning v PIT Penguins 6:2
25 Jan 04 TB Lightning v CGR Flames 6:2
23 Jan 04 TB Lightning v EDM Oilers 3:2
22 Jan 04 TB Lightning v VAN Canucks 4:5
20 Jan 04 COL Avalanche v TB Lightning 5:4
18 Jan 04 TB Lightning v FLO Panthers 1:2
16 Jan 04 CAR Hurricanes v TB Lightning 4:5

Good luck guys!

Jank
02-02-04, 23:26
Pick no1

Eddie Curry - Rashard Lewis Most points NBA H2H 2 1.65 Nordicbet

I found this great pick in my opinion thanks to friend Jank who picked a similar bet for tonight
Hehe good luck, this is also a nice pick, I've put a bet on it and I considered it as a pick of the day before I found the pick I posted above :)

varganya
02-02-04, 23:59
I am on Moneymaker's side.

as long as he indicates small stakes that pick such as usefull as any other.

like when Arbaiter says value, makes you think about draw...
*(i was drifting between Mali win and draw in fact x2 , and picked x as final bet : hence Mali was in charge and took lead first...)

Though Kenya win looked great as BurkinaF was talking about 99% end of tournament and Kenya wanted first ever win in A.N. cup !
odds were around 4 but i skipped as you would call me gambler... :lol:
and see now you're accusing MM with that... :wink:

And my final pick would have been Portugal - Alverca v Beira Mar X and it is good "luck" not to take it as winning goal came 90' min...

That would have been typical.

cheers

miiho
03-02-04, 03:25
Hi guys!

Well I'm certainly hoping that I start better this month than I did in January. Hope to have more help from lady luck!

Well I can't quite decide if I should take over 5 with 1,95 or over 5,5 with 2,35. If the total is 5 then it's a push, but the difference is 40 points and the bet to be won I need 6 goals in both cases. But I'll go for:

Philadelphia Flyers - Tampa Bay Lightnings OVER 5,5 2,35 Gamebookers

Well this is a match-up between two teams in great form. Flyers have won 6 of their last 8 games. They are currently in a 5 game unbeaten streak and are in lead in the Atlantic divison. Their home record is 15-4-2-3 and altogether they have scored 47 goals and conceeded 119 in 53 games. On the other side we have Tampa that has won 5 in a row! So both teams are playing great hockey at the moment and all those games are usually high scoring! Sometimes this kind of games between two very good teams can be low scoring and teams can put all the effort into defence, but lately I have had quite alot of succes with OVEr bets. Looks like teams are focusing more on offense and scoring goals. So I've written some scores of last games for both teams. Hope they'll add another to this list of high scoring games! Both previous matches were OVER: 6-1 and 5-4. Come on, let's score some goals!!!

Philly has 9 out of 11 games with 5 or more goals total:

31 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v PIT Penguins 5:3
26 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v WAS Capitals 4:1
24 Jan 04 BUF Sabres v PHI Flyers 1:2
21 Jan 04 MON Canadiens v PHI Flyers 4:1
17 Jan 04 TOR Maple Leafs v PHI Flyers 1:4
14 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v BUF Sabres 2:6
13 Jan 04 PIT Penguins v PHI Flyers 2:1
09 Jan 04 FLO Panthers v PHI Flyers 4:3
04 Jan 04 PHI Flyers v TB Lightning 1:6

Tampa has 8 out 9 games with total of goals 5 or more:

01 Feb 04 ATL Thrashers v TB Lightning 2:5
30 Jan 04 PIT Penguins v TB Lightning 1:5
28 Jan 04 TB Lightning v PIT Penguins 6:2
25 Jan 04 TB Lightning v CGR Flames 6:2
23 Jan 04 TB Lightning v EDM Oilers 3:2
22 Jan 04 TB Lightning v VAN Canucks 4:5
20 Jan 04 COL Avalanche v TB Lightning 5:4
18 Jan 04 TB Lightning v FLO Panthers 1:2
16 Jan 04 CAR Hurricanes v TB Lightning 4:5

Good luck guys!

AAHH just what i was afraid of! Two high scoring teams decide to play some defence! BET LOST Final score 1:2

haZart_Jack
03-02-04, 13:10
haZart_Jack, has been unable to post on the forum due to connection troubles, so he sent his pick in an email to me.

Below is his prediction:
-
Pick: Nancy - Lorient ht/ft x/x @ 5.00 (Ladbrokes)
Result: ht/ft 0:0/1:1
Won

Unfortunately I didn't have the ability to post anything in the forum yesterday. Some stupid i-net problems...(I had "Invalid session" everytime I tried to post something). I couldn't post my favorite double for yesterday - Senegal draw and Nancy draw with 2/10, which gave good profit.
This value bet was with happy end. It's a pity it won't count, but, however, the money counts.:)

tahoma
03-02-04, 13:19
miiho and haZart_Jack, thanks for adding the results, but I prefer that you http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_edit.gif your original post instead. Also, the picks from Sunday-Monday won't count for this round.

miiho
03-02-04, 14:29
Cool no problem! And even cooler that scores don't count! :) Maybe that was a sign!? :)