PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 25/1

tahoma
25-01-04, 00:39
Me and Per have been busy lately, but the standings will be updated soon.

Good luck!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

kieron
25-01-04, 01:18
Everton vs Fulham

Everton to win @ 2.05 with Gamebookers

PICK LOST 1-1 to gladly see the end of January!

I think Everton have what it takes to get a result at home against most teams as they have a kind of play that is more effective than attractive and that gets the job done. Against Fulham they will face a team low on confidence and form. They are finding the second half of the Premeirship that little bit tougher and a trip to Goodison Park for an FA Cup tie is not what they needed in my opinion. They carry attacking threats in Malbranque & Boa Morte but Everton are pretty dependable in their backline and I think they should be able to limit the scope of the Fulham attacks. That said Coleman is a very canny manager and Fulham play with a lot of style, plus they can be very unpredictable. I will make Everton my final pick for January though to hopefully carry me to a respectable 200+ points score.

Edit: Cheers Casabel, too lazy too look around these days!

casabel
25-01-04, 01:43
Kieron GB has 2.05 for the same thing

Prija
25-01-04, 03:09
Parma – Bologna (+0.5) 2, 1.88 @ Pinnacle won (0-0)

Bologna is in great uptrend lately with 3 wins in a row, but that’s not the reason why i bet on them (that even concerns me).This bet is actually against Parma.This week they ‘ve lost 2 very important players – Adriano to Inter, and Filipini to Palermo.Adding that Diana completed his move to Sampdoria, you can easily conclude things are not getting any better for Parma club.Parmalat problems are still No 1 topic in TG1 (italian news), and that has to start affecting the team, sadly.Maybe all Parma’s players have pushed away their thoughts about that so far, and their game hasn’t suffered much.But, now when you see your teammates leaving the ship that sinks…Also in favour of red-blue neighbours stands very good tradition, as they seemed to be the toughest team to beat for Parma in last couple of years.

loyalblue
25-01-04, 04:09
Agassi v Srichaphan - Srichaphan @ 4.00 (Bet365)

Srichaphan leads h2h 1-0, defeating Agassi 6-4 7-6 6-2 at Wimbledon in 2002. Admittedly, Agassi is on fire at the moment but he hasn't really played a quality player to date. You could argue that Enqvist is a former finalist but his standards have dropped since those days. Srichaphan accounted for Kuerten in straight sets in his last match, and also had his opponent default in the 2nd round. He reached the finals in Chennai earlier in the month so he has come into this tournament on the back of some good form. Srichaphan has never advanced passed the 4th round of a grand slam but I see a good opportunity for him to cause an upset and enter the 2nd week as a real contender for the OZ title.

xyzDennis
25-01-04, 06:53
Parma - Bologna
Pick: 2
Odds: 4.75 (yea yea, I know... :wink: ) Bet lost /Per

After a terrible start to the season, Bologna has finally started to do something right and string some good results together. This has coincided with the loan deal that has brough mercurial Japanese player Hidetoshi Nakata to the club. His presence has done much to improve performance and results. Of course, 1 may argue that their recent good results have all come against weak opposition. But I beg to differ, they clubs they face are in fact very resilient and are tough nuts to crack, i.e. Empoli(won Inter and Parma, provided stiff opposition of Milan and Roma), Lecce(unlucky draw with Juventus, provided great resilence a against Parma and Inter), Chievo(a proven resilient side from last season's campaign). It is really a good decent run of result they have put together and by now means really inferior. Parma this season is in just 1-way different from the past. The loss of Mutu in pre-season has proved vital. And now, with the loss of Adriano and Filippini, the squad is softened even further. With the team in a financial turmoil, the morale in their camp is not exactly super. They do not know who would be sold next or where their future lies. Yes, they are currently in 4th place, but they have really struggled very hard to get those results. Even against the weakest opponents, they needed luck and all. It speaks alot when the are the lowest scorers among the top 5 clubs, they have also conceded the most. Recent form has been decent, a home draw against Udinese, hard fought wins against Inter and Ancona. But they have been proven to be prone to great lapses of concentration and showed that they are not exactly unbeatable even by clubs which are of very much lower ambitions. Losses to lowly Empoli, Reggina are proof to this. Bologna with their current form are definitely capable of getting at least a point out of this and if they are lucky, they could even nick a win! Interestingly, the psat 5 league meetings between these 2 sides have yielded a record of 3/1/1 in Bologna's favor! And with the crisis brewing at Parma, on-loan Nakata wanting to proof a point to his employers, Bologna's good form, the great odds. I say yeah, Bologna got every chance to win this one. Please take note that this is a value-bet. Small stakes are advised

Giorgio
25-01-04, 07:48
Empoli - Juventus 2

1. No serious injuries in Juve
2. Definitely in need of 3 points

3. if we look at upcoming matches of Serie A leaders, we'll see such picture:

Roma >>> Udinese, Brescia, Juventus (Good chance for roma to promote against Udinese)
Milan >>> Ancona, Siena, Bologna (Milan gos one step higher and if Juve don't win...)
Inter >>> Modena, Siena, Sampdoria (Inter with many injuries, still a better chance to win for them)
Juventus >>> Empoli, Chievo, Roma

I think today Juventus will concentrate hard and fight for 3 points, as Empoli is
a weaker side compared with the other two.

I hope Juve will not let me down as they did in the match against Lecce on Dec 21 :!:

Usal
25-01-04, 09:31
Istanbulspor v Fenerbahce 1:0 [AH] 2 @ 1.90 @ gamebookers Bet draw, 0-1 /Per

not much to say about this game. title candidate fenerbahce has to win this game against istanbulspor who is in deep financial problems. istanbulspor also lost a lot of players and their successful coach. fenerbahce made new transfers and is in good form. weather is better but the pitch will be heavy due to snow.

elmo
25-01-04, 10:18
Wolverhampton - West Ham United (FA Cup), AH(0:+1/2)away@1.75 (G'bookers)
WON (1:3)

The two sides swapped divisions in the summer and the situation could well be reversed in a few months' time.

Wolverhampton
--->Wolves manager Dave Jones is set to rotate his squad and could opt to rest veterans Paul Ince and Denis Irwin. Striker Nathan Blake is continuing to struggle with a neck injury. Shaun Newton is battling to shake off a hamstring strain in time for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at home to West Ham.
Oleg Luzhny, Joey Gudjonsson, Mark Clyde and Silas poised to fill in.

--->It's going to be a full house on Sunday, they've not been beaten at Molineux in their last 11 and they want to continue in the same vein.

West Ham United
--->Pardew's first priority seems to be an experienced keeper to replace James. Stephen Bywater is currently number one, with Arsenal's Shaaban the understudy.Pardew will have to make do without the suspended Jermain Defoe, while Neil Mellor is struggling, which will face David Connolly his old side.

--->It's expected 5,000-strong travelling WHU supporters.

--->Pardew aims to put a smile back on the faces of fans with a giantkilling at Molineux on Sunday.
He said: "The fans have had so much bad news this year, it would be nice to give something back. Wolves are on a high at the moment having taken four points against Manchester United and Liverpool so we'll be the underdogs. But I'm well-familiarised with them because my old club Reading played them in last season's play-offs. It will be a tremendous occasion."

--->The Hammers have been one of the most active teams in the transfer market this January, but their recent captures Andy Melville, Nigel Reo-Coker and Adam Nowland are cup tied and will not figure.

Wolves have unbeaten unbeaten run at Molineux.
WHU away record in First Division: 5-7-2

Therefore I see hear draw but I'll try AH here.

Prague
25-01-04, 10:45
Iceland vs Czech Republic (Handball European Championship 2004) - Iceland to win with 1.42 at Unibet LOST (30-30)

Last game of Group C between teams that lost both previous games. It's not a big surprise in case of Czech team but Iceland was rated surely higher (as fourth team from last European Championship). So they must win today to reach next stage and try to improve their position a bit. Czech team isn't playing too bad so far - against Hungary it was nothing special but with hosting Slovenia it was a really good game that was lost just at the end (probably due to not so much experienced squad). But still Iceland is favourite of this game and odds like 1.42 are good IMO (it's really hard to imagine that Iceland will be last in the group losing all games).

Czech Republic - Hungary 25-30
Iceland - Slovenia 28-34
Hungary - Iceland 32-29
Slovenia - Czech Republic 37-33

WhyNot?
25-01-04, 10:55
Long time since posting...examns (still have)

Chievo - Bolognia
draw +198 @pinnacle Bet won, 0-0 /Per

taken from www.aodds.com

Chievo are not the "big secret" they were last season when no one knew what to expect. This season they have struggled, especially at home, where they are 2-2-4, having allowed more goals then they have scored (7goals for - 11 against). Brescia are definitely worth backing here, as they have looked good in their last 5-6 games. They only lost to Milan 1-0 last week, in a game in which they held their own. Prior to that game, they had not lost in their last 5. On the road, they are 2-3-3 but if we use an Asian Handicap here that would give us a 5-3 record in our favour.

I completely agree with this one...but i don't see Brescia wining here. A draw will suit both teams. They both lost last match. I see a possible 0-0 or 1-1 (after Brescia score, Chievo equalize)
So...i'm on draw!

GL!

The Gravedigger
25-01-04, 11:09
Avelino - Varese 1 @ 2.00 Centrebet

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

Bazanel
25-01-04, 11:19
Anand v Sokolov 1 @ 2.50 @ Gamebookers

Anand currectly 1st after 12 rounds of Corus 2004 competition. He have 8 points , and Leko with Adams 7.5 , so , they still have chances to be 1st in the end too. Today will be last round , and Anand must to win this game , if he doesn't want any problems. In previous round he lost to Topalov , and it was realy sensation. But Sokolov did great one too , he won against Kramnik. It's realy good result for him. I hope , that today Sokolov will not give much energy to stop Anand. And Anand understand , that he need to win this one. I think , that he have some chances to do it. That's why , i think , that Anand can win this game.

Luckyjammygit
25-01-04, 11:40
Dundee v Dundee United Scottish Prem Sunday.

A local derby between two strugglers who both need points badly lying in 9th and 8th places.

Dundee only 1 win in last 6 games but 2 of these were against the old firm and also Hearts.
Last 5 Home, won 0 draws 1 lost 4.

Dundee Utd 3 wins and a draw in last 6 but not against the same quality opponents.
Last 5 Away, won 1 draws 1 lost 3.

Team news:

Dundee welcome back midfielder Mark Fotheringham after a one-match suspension.
Boss Jim Duffy also includes Brent Sancho and new loan signing Neil Barrett. Tom Hutchinson, who has an abductor muscle injury, is still out.

Dundee United boss Ian McCall is without Chris Innes, who is short of match fitness after a groin injury.

Long-term absentee Scott Paterson (knee) and Jim McIntyre (groin) are still unavailable.

Recent Head-to-Head Results
PL 26-Oct-03 Dundee United 1 - 1 Dundee
PL 09-Feb-03 Dundee United 1 - 1 Dundee
PL 23-Nov-02 Dundee 3 - 2 Dundee United
PL 31-Aug-02 Dundee United 0 - 0 Dundee

Last time they met was 1-1 and I am going for the same again.

Dundee v Dundee United DRAW @ 3.20 Ladbrokes
.........................Pick Lost 2-1

Per
25-01-04, 12:16
Empoli-Juventus asian (0:1) away win@2,00 with gamebookers.

A full Juventus squad, Roma on a rampage so Juve can't afford to drop unnessecary points. Del Piero is in scoring form.
Now Empoli also need the points of course as they are 3rd from bottom now but you don't go battle down Juve just like that, especially not a Juve in good form.
Very strong away win and there's good possibility of a 2-goal margin, otherwise it's a payback and no money lost.

taurus
25-01-04, 12:28
My pick of the day:
A.C. Milan (-2) - Ancona (+2) 2 AH, (1.89 @ Pointbet) Bet lost, 5-0 /Per 0-0 ht and then a goal orgie in 2nd half. damn 8O Milan fights for the Scudetto this season too, so far with one game less played, they are placed 3rd 3 points behind league leader Roma. They are as normal very good at home with 5-1-1 (13-5) and in very good form. They will be without Abbiati, Kaladze, Inzaghi, Ambrosini for this match.
Ancona struggles in the bottom at 18th place. Very poor on the road with 0-1-7 (3-17), but lately they have done some good purchases like Jardel, old, but still good, Grabbi and Dino Baggio. All are expected to play today.

Probable starting line-ups:
Milan: Dida; Costacurta, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Serginho or Seedorf; Rui Costa, Kaka; Shevchenko.
Ancona: Marcon; Sartor, Maltagliati, Milanese, Zavagno; Berretta, Dino Baggio, Andersson, Berretta; Grabbi, Jardel.

I believe that Milan will win this, and they will most likely, but I don't think they will win with many goals, so IMO this asian handicap offer for Ancona win is good.

paralias
25-01-04, 12:37
Well, i am gonna try to reach a + till the end of the month, although i can never finish with all my picks. Anyway, my pick comes from greek league, it's the game between Xanthi and Halkidona.

Note that the game is really tough, it can go all ways. Well, Xanthi is a defensive team with bad attack (although they bought a few strikers recently). Halkidona is a team with "not good" defense, but capable strikers... The game seems to be "who scores first, wins" but i know that Halkidona has set as target the UEFA cup place, as a result of the good form the last weeks.

At previous round Halkidona won away Panileiakos while the visitors were playing with 10 men from 20-25 min. Xanthi had an exceptional evening against Panathinaikos at home, where they lost 1-0 but played really well at second half.

Anyway, i am pretty possitive that the away win represents value here and the odds for the AH r much more better than i thought. So, i pick:

Xanthi v Chalkidona 0: 1/4 - AWAY @ 1.92 - Gamebookers Bad try, bet lost 2-1. I should have picked Guinea instead, the odds were great but i forgot it :)

That's it, good luck.

smagdanoz
25-01-04, 13:36
Pick: Everton v Fulham _________ under 2 goals _________ @3@ Bet365 good job Jeffers :x

A little stats: Everton - 22 games, 25 goals scored; Fulham - 22 games, 34 goals scored (Saha 13).It's obvious that in last games Everton makes a bigeffort to score.Everyone expects this to happen with Fulham without Saha.At least next several games.No mean to offence but Hayles is a 1 division player.It'll be tough for Hayles, Facundo Sava and Luis Boa Morte to replace Saha's importance.Undoubtedly Everton has a great attack potential.Hope they will not show it in this game but eventhough this happen I expect nothing but 1:0 or 2:0(cover) win.I'll finish with two names - Edwin van der Sar and Richard Wright.

BBC

Steve Watson could return to the Everton side after seven weeks out with a thigh injury, but David Weir is out after injury in a reserve match.
Kevin Kilbane (shin), James McFadden (thigh) and Francis Jeffers (ankle) are all doubts.
Striker Brian McBride's work permit has not come through in time for him to make his debut for Fulham.
Carlos Bocanegra is likely to continue as Ian Pearce is cup-tie. Mark Pembridge is out with an ankle injury.

PAPASOUZAS_CBR600
25-01-04, 13:43
pick #13 record:4-8 prof:-20

GReek League

AEK - Iraklis 2 HC 0:1 @3,25 B&W

Again another value bet here..Bookies are sleeping and have not
realised yet that AEK is a sick club with tons of problems (in and
out of field, have mentioned them in the past, repeat shortly here:
not playing in home field, (4-3-2) home record, lack of serious admin:
ENIC also Totthenham owner ,this multinational joke, is main shareholder but have handled operation to a marionette (tsiraki Stathis), coach ahead of neurologic crisis in fight with fans, players in their sunset ready for pension, defense for big laughs )!!! Whats left in this club??? Some quality players in the midfield and attack who in a good day can win anyone! but these days are coming as often lately as an erection to my 100 year old grandfather!!
Also there is a motivation issue(to reach CL position) after yesterday's PAOK slip..but this didnt seem to bother them in latest failed games ...

Iraklis in the contrary is exactly the opposite! A healthy team, in good form (6 league games undefeated) ,all players finding their role and form in the team , looking for a good result and looking positive about it...after all theyll hardly find such an opportunity in other years (AEK in such mess)!I think theyll give AEK defense hard time , with fast and technical flanks with Murati and Kiasos and good attackers Machlas (found his lost form) and Miecel (also Brazilian Fofonka could start) troubling a new (central defense) AEK defense!!
After all , i rate this a 50-50 situation (AEK to win or not) and thus the value is great!

GOOD LUCK 8)

strandns
25-01-04, 14:03
Pescara v Como home 1.80 @gamebookers

Como without important striker Makinwa shouldn't be able to score at all, while Pescara in desperate need of points to escape relegation zone should be too much for Como with 100% attacking aproach.
I would cover it with 0:0, as I can't see Como scoring here.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
25-01-04, 14:20
African NAtions Cup

Zimbabwe-Egypt 2 1,85 Unibet won

Zimbabwe is weaker team, they qualified as last team to ANC. They also had preparations problems(lack of money). They don`t have many good players, most of them play in weak clubs or are old stars. Egypt is excellent team that play good offensive football. They have one real star Mido up front, most of their players come from top African club Zamalek. They are hot team that will make good run here. They are better then Zimbabwe and 1,85 are good odds for a win here.

juankaan
25-01-04, 14:26
I have 8 picks till now.. This one will be my 9th !!!

Still 6 Picks left and 6 days remaining...

Seems like i'll be able to end the comp this month...

(but my score will not be that good 8) )
--------------------------

Match ;

(10) Wake Forest (11-3) vs. Florida St. (13-5) LOST !!! Wake Forest lost the 4th in row :twisted:

Pick ;

WAKE FOREST (-2.0) @1.91 @sportingbet

Analysis ;

Not much to write... WAKE FOREST lost 3 in row. That's not good for them.. Their average scoring 85 points to 71 is good but against poor teams..

FLORIDA is not that good. And WAKE has to win after that results...
The only think that can help FLORIDA is their 3 pointers... But i'm quite sure that WAKE should end this match in the first minutes ....

----------

Let's kick'em all !!!

Ps;

I did edit this post as ARBITER and I took both EGYPT but he was 5 minutes quicker than me....

juankaan
25-01-04, 14:27
uuupsss :D :D :D

You were quicker Arbiter...

I'll EDIT my pick later... And take another one...

Let's kick'em all !!!

Arbiter Elegantiarum
25-01-04, 14:29
uuupsss :D :D :D

You were quicker Arbiter...

I'll EDIT my pick later... And take another one...

Let's kick'em all !!!Ehehe, sorry Juankaan :wink: But if we agree on that one then good pick it have to be :)

danielcz
25-01-04, 15:07
OK, after some unlucky decisions lately, I will one more time try big Value pick from Canadian WHL hockey:

Spokane Chiefs - Kootenay Ice Pick: 2 Odds: 3,65 @ Centrebet

A BIG TIME 7-3 WIN BY KOOTENAY :D

This is called as a game of the day, although here are playing two teams occupying 7th and 8th position and fighting for playoffs. This is a legaue, where home advantage isn't so important, as there are 48% of home wins and 40% of away wins.

Spokane Chiefs are a defensively minded team, especially in home games. Also they don't have good offense. Still it's really interesting, that in 23 home games, they hadn't even one draw. Very important here is their downrolling form lately. They have more problems scoring goals with one of their forwards injured now, also their really good defense at the beginning of the season is more vulnerable lately. As a fact they've lost last 6 games in a row, although they were playing 5 in a row away games. Still with my predictions, they should have better results lately, gaining 2-3 wins in these games, so now I see that their form trend is really fast going down.

As for Kootenay, it's really important, that they play better in away games, a more freely game, as they are one of best defensive teams in home games. It's also good, that in recent games they picked up their defense in all games, so with recent Spokane's struggle they shouldn't lose here more than 2,3 goals. Like I said they were also always playing more freely in away games, and this should result in 4-5 games from them here. In last 4 away games, they won 3 of them with 4-2 score, and only lost 5-7 with the most powerful ofensively team. So it would be really nice to see such a 4-2 results here, and it is really imaginable.

So for me, as I rate Kootenay's chances here higher this is really a Value bet with such beautiful odds.

Good Luck. :D

Peace.

PRAG
25-01-04, 16:01
Good evening !!!

Following a couple of refunded (void) picks, I must make sure I stay away from Asians now, because I always like to finish the month's comp. It's all in a losing cause, since I'm having another terrible streak, but I don't mind... My pick for Sunday is from Spain :

Sevilla v Barcelona........................... :arrow: OVER 2.5 goals....................2.05 at Pointbet

I found this one preferable to my main bet for today (OVER 2.5 in AEK Athens v Iraklis Salonica), largely due to the superior odds ! Indeed, better than evens for an outcome with better than 50%-50% probability (it's more like 65%-35% IMHO) is great... If Sevilla could score four unanswered goals (before conceeding one as well) against Real, no defensive masters themselves admittedly, imagine what they can do against Barca's defence minus Puyol !!! Barcelona are not my favourite 1X2 betting material, but with their defensive woes and offensive potential are ideal for this OVER pick. Only fear is that they may score first and kill the game afterward, recognising their defensive shortcomings and making sure they safeguard their weak point first... But Sevilla comes out at home very enthusiastically against the top teams, and I figure they're good for at least two goals, especially if they score first. Barcelona, though overrated, is always good for some offensive fireworks given their personnel. Conclusion : I expect 3-4 goals easily and, in case of a draw, I rate the chances of a 2-2 (or better) draw to be at least equal to those of a stale 0-0 or 1-1. Even if those teams wanted to play conservatively, I don't think they can ! All in all, this is trully a good pick at great odds !!!

Good luck to all 8)

BET LOST (0-1) As I feared : Barca scord first and held on to that lone goal... I should've picked the AEK game instead, where I made my main money today, but I was too greedy. Yes, those odds were a bit TOO good !!!

juankaan
25-01-04, 16:17
made my pick abowe... Did edit it boyzz...

GoDizzGo
25-01-04, 16:29
NCAAB Xavier-7.5 over Richmond 1.935 @ Pinnacle

Richmond are coming off a fantastic and unexpected non-conference victory at Kansas last Thursday and now have to go back to conference play. While Kansas' fieldhouse is one of the tougher places to play, Xavier's gym is also a difficult place to play, and I can't see Richmond easily getting over their upset win the other night to focus on conference play. Richmond hadn't been playing all that great this year and over-achieved, and I'm expecting them to come back to earth in this game and Xavier will win fairly easily.

John_JUVE
25-01-04, 16:30
Pick no11 8/10 +743

Empoli - Juventus halftime 2 2.00 Gamebookers 1-1 FT BET LOST

Juve in a mustwin situation and i think Empoli is the best opponent for doing this.Empoli lost at home against Roma and Milan, so Juve won't have any problems to win this.

But i prefer the away win at half time :
Juve played away from home 8 games.Two were against Milan and Lazio.
If we see the other 6 games against medium or low quality teams we have these results in half time:

Sampdoria 1-0
Lecce 0-1
Modena 1-0
Ancona 2-0
Regina 1-0
Chievo 1-1

So we have 4 wins,1 draw,1 defeat .BUT, Juve has the best offense in league, 38 goals in 17 games, and Empoli 2nd worst, 11 in 17 games.
I think Juve will try to score an early goal to take advanttage and if they do it,its very hard for Empoli to answer before half time.I see a great possibility for Juve to win in first half..
Possible starters :Juventus (4-3-1-2): 1 Buffon; 21 Thuram, 13 Iuliano, 4 Montero, 19 Zambrotta; 16 Camoranesi, 8 Conte, 3 Tacchinardi; 11 Nedved; 10 Del Piero, 17 Trezeguet.
Empoli (4-2-3-1): 1 Bucci; 7 Belleri, 3 Cribari, 31 Vargas, 25 Lucchini; 27 Ficini, 13 Grella; 35 Busce`, 77 Vannucchi, 9 Di Natale; 22 Rocchi.

arttex
25-01-04, 16:46
I'm a little bit late, not much good bets left, but I'll try this one:

Sevilla-Barcelona 1 @2.55 Pinnacle Lost (0:1)

First, Barcelona without Puyol in defence is very vulnerable, and Oleguer and Marquez don't look good at all. Bilbao made some great chances in the last round, and easily scored after the Barcelona took the lead. But Bilbao stoped attacking in the second half and trying to play for draw, and I don't think it will be case with Sevilla. They are brave enough to go for a win, and with the fast players they have, they could badly damage opponent like this. Also, Sevilla is full of confidence after scored 4 in both games against Real and Athletico, and I don't think they will have any respect to giant from Barcelona. Ronaldinho is not playing in form of his life, Overmars is doubtful, and I just need Rustu as a goalkeeper to be more safe here. However, even with Davids improvement in the middle, I still rely on Rijkaard's tactical mistakes, very slow and bad transformation from attack to defence of his team, and fast legs of Dario Silva and Baptista.

Good Luck!

Serbian_Ninja
25-01-04, 18:24
Sacramento Kings - Dallas Mavericks under 218 points @1.90 WillHill Bet WON

Last match betwen this wo teams Dallas win 111-103.Mavericks big man Danny Fortson, who missed the game with Chicago with an infected tooth, is doubtful after having the tooth removed. Guard Marquis Daniels is listed as doubtful with the flu.The Kings have lost two of their last three contests, including a 109-95 setback at Memphis on Friday in which it got no closer than 14 points in the fourth quarter.

SAC PPG 105
DAL PPG 103

I think this will be intersting match, Stojakovic wil have 2- o3 keepers and thay will try to stop him.So this match will not have so much points!

halfacat
25-01-04, 18:30
As I am ht/ft punter...
I just cannot find something more valuable today than:
Empoli vs Juventus (HT/FT) 2/2 - 2.20 / ladbrokes

Quite popular match today, as already 3 punters picked this one.
What can I say after all these analysis made by Per, John and Giorgio. I agree whith every word they said about this match. Simply this is a must-win for Juventus. Roma just lost points in home draw (with Udinese) and Milan easily damaged Ancona (5-0). Juventus played very well away from home this season and surely they won't underrate opponents, as they saw Empoli defeating Inter just a week ago.
I expect early goal(s) in first half (as Juve has best offence in entire league), and as I just cannot see Empoli scoring a single goal in this match, I think visitors will control situation on the pitch to the last whistle.

Macot
25-01-04, 20:01

Chievo - Bolognia

taken from www.aodds.com

Chievo are not the "big secret" they were last season when no one knew what to expect. This season they have struggled, especially at home, where they are 2-2-4, having allowed more goals then they have scored (7goals for - 11 against). Brescia are definitely worth backing here, as they have looked good in their last 5-6 games. They only lost to Milan 1-0 last week, in a game in which they held their own. Prior to that game, they had not lost in their last 5. On the road, they are 2-3-3 but if we use an Asian Handicap here that would give us a 5-3 record in our favour.

I completely agree with this one...but i don't see Brescia wining here. A draw will suit both teams. They both lost last match. I see a possible 0-0 or 1-1 (after Brescia score, Chievo equalize)
So...i'm on draw!

GL!

There is something wrong here, I think WhyNot wanted to bet on Chievo v Brescia, so this bet is Voided or lost, but cant be won!!
GL!
:wink:

elmo
25-01-04, 20:47

Chievo - Bolognia

taken from www.aodds.com

So...i'm on draw!

GL!

There is something wrong here, I think WhyNot wanted to bet on Chievo v Brescia, so this bet is Voided or lost, but cant be won!!
GL!

There was no match Chievo-Bologna, because there was Chievo-Brescia :lol:

Macot
25-01-04, 21:26
Elmo, congratulations, you were a leader for the competition for 30 seconds (by 1 point!), when Juve only drew 1-1 at HT and you took over from John JUVE, but then Sacra v Dallas game ended in under and SERBIAN NINJA is a new leader by 9 points!!
:lol:
Congrats to Ninja, too, his picks are excellent!

Macot
25-01-04, 21:29
Good luck, all!
Last week of the comp started!

If I made no mistakes, the top looks like this, never more interesting!

Serbian Ninja 653 points
Elmo 644 points
John JUVE 643 points

But it is only provisional, I could be wrong there...

borisake
25-01-04, 21:34
my pick for today
NAS Predators v VAN Canucks over 5.0 goals 1.91 Gamebookers.
Game between team with lots of fire power. The Canucks are recognized for their offensive play and on home ground they scored a lot but their are winless at home since december, so i think that they wiil need to play agresive and scored goals to finally earned the home win; but the visitors are in great form in last games winning 4 in their last 5.
Game this season between this teams ended with many goals so i expected another spectacular game with lot of goals.
Good luck to all

Macot
25-01-04, 22:36
I found such an interesting bet with a great value IMO!
But I wont take it as my 15th and last pick, so I will only tell you the bookie (bet365) and the name of the bet:

Atlanta with highest scoring quarter: @3.20!!

Look at the statistics:
*29 points v NYork DRAW
*28 points v Chicago WON
*33 points v Indiana WON
*24 points v Toronto WON
*27 points v Indiana DRAW
*26 points v SAntonio WON
!!!
Look at the teams theyve played!
Atlanta are well known by their inconsistent play, they can have positive and negative series, so this bet is just perfect!

I also like ABDUR RAHIM to be the first scorer from 5 chosen by CENTREBET (@2.50)

And of course Atlanta not to lose by 11 or more points difference!! It is a very nice odder from different bookies, Atlanta are in good form, have not lost by such score in last 6 games (against teams listed!) Odds are @1,91

Good luck!

Macot
26-01-04, 00:40
FirstQ: Atlanta 28! Detroit 21, this could be it, I am throwing chances away...
:roll:
22-24 2nd Q, still Atlanta in lead!
Abdur RAhim on 10 points, 16 for Terry!

3rd Q: 22-16 to Atlanta, +11 HDCP almost won ( detroit cant win last Q by 23 points difference :roll: , most points scored, I am sure, will be won by Atlanta, 28 points is a lot, dont think, Detroit will score 29 in the last Q... and Abdur Rahim is near, 14 points, 16 by Terry, 17 by Jackson...
Gogo!
4th Q: at last Abdur Rahim comes to play, he only played 26 minutes, still has 7 left and trails only by 3 points!
Other bets won, Detroit cant score 28, they only scored 5 in 5 minutes! :lol:
Why, oh why...

So, bets on HDCL and main bet on most points scored were easily won, a pity for @3.20, I could stick to the leaders in the comp :cry: never mind, will make it @3.75 next time :lol:
Abdur Rahim stayed on 14, Terry got 22, but played 11 minutes more, I dont know, why Rahim got only about 30 minutes this time, nevermind...

Good luck!

John_JUVE
26-01-04, 12:27
Good luck, all!
Last week of the comp started!

If I made no mistakes, the top looks like this, never more interesting!

Serbian Ninja 653 points
Elmo 644 points
John JUVE 643 points

But it is only provisional, I could be wrong there...

NO Macot! The new leader is : danielcz +657 according to me...Lets see, one week to go!