PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the Day 9/1

Per
09-01-04, 01:11
I'm turning in now, so feel free to post your Friday bets here.
Just remember that the American sports games starting soon belongs in the 8/1 thread.
I will update the results from the last two days tomorrow morning.

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

09-01-04, 01:58
France - Ligue 1 AS Monaco vs. Olymoic Lyon 0:1/4 Asians. A. 2,05@Gamebookers Bet lost.

Lyon, whose season got off to a slow start, will be bidding to build on the momentum which has carried them to second place in the league after hitting a low of 11th back in October.
If Monaco wins they will move ten points ahead in championship, so it is obvious that Lyon need a win to keep their title defence dream alive. Also they need win to stay ahead of PSG on third.
Lyon will be bolstered by France international striker Sidney Govou who will be hoping to show his star potential after an ankle injury has prevented him performing to full capacity so far this season. Gregory Coupet expekted to be in goal after soar throat made him uncertain midweek. Injured midfielders Diarra and Essien will be back on duty along with defender Claudio Cacapa.
Both teams are neck-and-neck statistics wise having the best attack in the league with 32 goals netted each and the top defence with 14 goals conceded in 18 games.

mj_air
09-01-04, 01:59
VOLLEYBALL
OLYMPIC GAMES QUALIFYING
WOMEN'S - TURKEY - POLAND (2) 1,55 @ UNIBET PICK LOST

http://www.glinka.friko.pl/zdjecia/small/zloto2s.jpg

Our polish gold medalists are showing lately some fine volleyball action. They crushed Russia 3:1 and Germany 3:2. Yesterday they lost toAzerbajdzan 0:3- but this was a "tactical" loose 8) Because of that game they are playing Turkey instead of Italy :) That's why all the key players of the polish team were resting and getting ready for semifinals.

There is a big difference in class between these teams, and Turkey just can't and will not find a way to stop polish girls. We defeated them 3:0 not so long ago in semifinals of the european championships that took place in... Turkey ;)

I see an easy win for Poland.

Malgorzata Glinka is going to straight the things up!

http://sport.onet.pl/_i/galerie/siatkarki/39d.jpg http://www.glinka.friko.pl/zdjecia/zloto1.jpg

loyalblue
09-01-04, 02:49
AAPT tennis: T Dent v T Johansson - Dent to win in 2 sets @ 2.60 (Centrebet)
Pick WON 7-6 6-2

Dent seems to have begun from where he left off last season where he won two tournaments in a row, in Bangkok and Moscow respectively. Prior to these strong performances, he reached the R16 of the US Open and also won a tournament in Memphis, defeating Roddick in the final. It is obvious that Dent is a player on the rise while Johansson is still on the comeback trail after having knee surgery last year. After last season, Dent has the taste for winning tournaments like these, while Johansson is happy just to get games under his belt. I see a clear win here for Dent.

casabel
09-01-04, 04:35
My 7th Pick of the Day:
AS Monaco VS Olympique Lyonnais

Pick:
2(+0.5)

Odds:

Bookie:
Pinnacle

Result:
3-0 LOST (damn you Revellere) :x :x

===========================================
REASONS

My main reason is that I don’t think that after the break Monaco will be as hot as before.Lyon is a very solid team with some great players that can win every game.Monaco is first with 42 and Lyon is 2nd with 35.Both teams have conceded and made same amount of goals 32/14 so I rate them as equal even if Monaco this year is on fire.I think what will see here is a DRAW and a tight game…

Good Luck with your choice!!
===========================================

CasAbel

arttex
09-01-04, 04:47
WBA - Walsall 1 @1.67 Bet365 Won (2:0)

http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14785

Moneymaker
09-01-04, 05:53
My 4th pick.

NBA SUNS vs KINGS. Take KINGS -7 @BAW odds 1.91

from www.nbatip.com

Just imagine that … lights go down in America West Arena tonight when introduction of starting lineup for the hometeam starts. Announcer shouts … and here we have Shawn Marion!!! (crowd roars, cause Phoenix is back from long 5 game road-trip and Marion is the best whats left) … Joe Johnson!!! (half of the crowd will be crying cause they know this isn`t the name they want to hear start at the PG)…Leandro Bar…eee Barbosa!!! (one part of the audience will be thinking “who the hell is he???”) … Donyell Harvey!!! (must take a look on him cause this will be best chance to see him on spotlight for night - he playes max 15 minutes and does even less) … Jake Voskuhl!!! (21 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds for starting center in the last game … yeah he must be good). You must face it – doesn`t look good against Kings, even if they play infront of their homecrowd.

Kings has lost to Seattle in their last game, but are 8-3 from last 11 games. They are 24-9 in total and are in top spot of the Western Conference. They still don’t have Webber, but with last couple of months they have shown that if C-Webb comes back they will be the team to beat. Reason why Kings lost to Seattle was simple Peja had an off shooting night with 5-14 from field and 19 points. Hard to see it happen 2 nights in a row.

Homecourt is the only advantage Phoenix will have in this game. They have lost last two game playing without Marbury and Penny against Chicago and Milwaukee. Now they face much harder task. Newcomers McDyess, Ward and Eisley will probably start from bench and play limited minutes ... there is not much they can do to turn this game around. Sacramento will be sure favourites tonight and –7 as a handicap offered by Betandwin will be taken with high stakes.

Moneymaker

kojic2003
09-01-04, 06:57
Football, England Division 3

CHELTENHAM v SOUTHEND; Pick:DRAW; Price:3.40(PremierBet)

21.Cheltenham 23 7 5 11 33-47 26pts
22.Southend 24 7 3 14 22-37 24pts

The hosts are priced around 2.00 for this match,but it's hard to say why!?Cheltenham(23 matches-26pts) are currently just a one position higher than Southand(24 matches-24pts).And that's the only difference between these two sides,IMO!In overall,Southend are playing little better than Cheltenham this season,but the results aren't the best.Their form is a very good in all competitions in the last ten matches,with the six wins and one draw.And their performances aren't bad as well.They are even much,much better on road than at home lately,with the three wins(and two consecutive wins) in the last 4 matches.The absences of some players are the only problems for them.Jimmy Corbett,Tes Bramble and Mark Warren are all ruled out.But I wouldn't say that is so big handicap as it looks like,because all these players were out for Southend's clash against leader Oxford.They lost 0:1,but have been a very good there and an equal in the all statistical parameters(total shots,shots on goal,corners).Southend were unlucky as well,when Leon Constantine(Top Scorer;9 goals so far) hit the post.On the other hand,Cheltenham will use the same team narrowly beaten by Fulham in last week's FA Cup tie.They lost 1:2,but they weren't so bad there.Anyway,it was their second defeat in a row,after they lost 0:1 at Northampton in the league match.But both were on road.They are at home now,where they show the performances on a much,much higher level.Cheltenham have three wins in the last four matches at home.But they have a big problems to defend their own goal,because they conceded 47 goals so far,and their defense is the worst in the league at the moment.Their home defense is the worst as well,with 22 goals conceded.More than half of shots maded by opponents are going on their goal.We can say something like that for Southend,so the home advantage will not be the key tonight.IMO,the price for a home win isn't something special and it's not worth of any risk.I see a draw as a very possible outcome.I was thinkig to back Southend here,but some of their problems with the sqaud changed my mind.

2003-08-09 Southend v Cheltenham 2:0
2002-02-19 Cheltenham v Southend 1:1
2001-09-28 Southend v Cheltenham 0:1

WhyNot?
09-01-04, 08:39
hello again!
i'm back on track after last night!

i was waiting 4 this day...4 this bet!!!!

Ice-Hockey, Germany, DEL
Augsburger Panther - Adler Mannheim
Augsburger Panther to win @2.15 with Sportingbet LOST (2-7) very dissapointed

Augsburger Panther__ 18 14-0-4 [74-45] 18 6-0-12 [53-71] 36 20-0-16 127-116 61
Adler Mannheim______ 18 14-0-4 [57-32] 18 7-0-11 [43-58] 36 21-0-15 100-90 63

We have here two equal teams, who play better at home than away. Even, at a first glance it looks like a no bet, a was waiting 4 it...know why? Because Augsburger lost last two home-matches. I don't see them losing the third game at home. On the other side we have Adler Mannheim, who lost 4 away matches in a row.

Both teams played two days ago. Augsburger played away from home and lost in overtime (1-2). Adler Mannheim had a very very hard match with the leader Eisbaren, and they won in overtime (4-3). So both teams tired, but Adler a little bit more IMHO, after playing the best team in the league.

:arrow: Augsburger score a lot of golas home, Adler not so many away :)
:arrow: Augsburger will not lose third home in a row :)
:arrow: Augsburger plays HOME :) Adler AWAY :)
:arrow: I think it has VALUE!

Augsburger Panther Latest Matches
2004-01-04 A ERC Ingolstadt L - 2:1
2004-01-02 H Kassel Huskies L - 5:6
2003-12-30 A Dusseldorfer EG W - 1:3
2003-12-28 H Hamburg Freezers L - 3:5
2003-12-26 A Eisbaren Berlin W - 3:4
2003-12-23 H Iserlohn Roosters W - 5:3
2003-12-21 A Hamburg Freezers L - 4:2
2003-12-19 H Hannover Scorpions W - 3:1
2003-12-14 A Adler Mannheim L - 6:3
2003-12-11 H Kölner Haie W - 4:3

Adler Mannheim Latest Matches
2004-01-04 H Eisbaren Berlin W - 4:3
2004-01-02 A Dusseldorfer EG L - 4:1
2003-12-30 H Kölner Haie W - 2:1
2003-12-28 A Kassel Huskies L - 6:3
2003-12-26 H Frankfurt Lions W - 5:1
2003-12-23 A ERC Ingolstadt L - 3:2
2003-12-21 H Kassel Huskies W - 4:1
2003-12-19 A Krefeld Pinguine L - 6:0
2003-12-14 H Augsburger Panther W - 6:3
2003-12-12 A Wölfe Freiburg W - 1:3

This season:
2003-12-14 Adler Mannheim Augsburger Panther 6 : 3 DEL 2003
2003-10-31 Augsburger Panther Adler Mannheim 6 : 4 DEL 2003
2003-09-19 Adler Mannheim Augsburger Panther 5 : 2 DEL 2003
Two home games won by Adler, one by Augsburger....so one home win by Augsburger..and it will be OK (it's fixed :lol: )

GL!
Bye!

AGAIN...

Augsburg Panther v Krefeld Pinguine
Augsburger Panther to win @1.75 with Gamebookers
WON (4-1) won some :)

Nothing else to add...look up!
AUGSBURG has to win!

I staked SOME in real!
GL!

Luckyjammygit
09-01-04, 09:18
Cheltenham v Southend English DIV 3 Friday

I was looking at this as a possible draw but a few things go in favour of the home team.

They played well against prem team Fulham last week and were unlucky not to get a replay at least.

Cheltenham looked as if they had earned a replay but Saha popped up in the last minute to send a flicked header into the goal, and Fulham through.

Cheltenham were solid at the back for most of this game and that has been the main problem this season as they have the most home goals conceded in the 3RD division, but have also scored 21 in 12 home games.

Team news at the moment says unchanged from the cup team so confidence must be high.

A win here,and win the game in hand could see them pull away from the fellow strugglers and have already beaten Carlisle,Darlington and Macclesfield at home recently.

Southend have been playing well but have only a caretaker manager and the chairman has stated that he will not get the job despite good results!

Southend caretaker manager Steve Tilson has a lengthy injury list to contend with ahead of Friday's trip to Cheltenham.

Southend have not drawn for 13 games and although they won the home game 2-0 in aug may find Cheltenham in the mood for revenge.

My pick:
Cheltenham x Southend HOME WIN @2.10 Ladbrokes
.........................PICK LOST 1-1

bastinho
09-01-04, 09:37
Biathlon
Womens 10 km pursuit

Olga Pyleva to win@11 with Centrebet

I think this would be a surprise but not impossible.She starts 31,2sec after Liv Poiree as fourth placed after wednesday`s sprint.Look at the starting order:1.Poiree; 2. Disl@5,7sec 3.Bailly@11,3sec 4.Pyleva@31,2sec
All three girls lying ahead of Pyleva are surely a bit faster in x-country but I think this competetion will be decided at the shooting place. Pyleva(like all russian girls) belongs to the better shooters and today there will be 4 shootings so her chances are rising to improve her position.Beside there is to say that she could improve in all season pursuits and last one she finished second.

juankaan
09-01-04, 09:40
VOLLEYBALL
OLYMPIC GAMES QUALIFYING
WOMEN'S - TURKEY - POLAND (2) 1,55 @ UNIBET

http://sport.onet.pl/_i/galerie/siatkarki/39d.jpg

Good Luck with your bet... but Turkey is not that weak..

NESLIHAN will also try to get the match to us !!!! (but surely will it be difficult...)

Let's kick emm all !!!

bastinho
09-01-04, 10:32
My 2. pick
Pyleva to finish top 3@2,75 with Centrebet

Biathlon
Womens 10 km pursuit

Olga Pyleva to win@11 with Centrebet

I think this would be a surprise but not impossible.She starts 31,2sec after Liv Poiree as fourth placed after wednesday`s sprint.Look at the starting order:1.Poiree; 2. Disl@5,7sec 3.Bailly@11,3sec 4.Pyleva@31,2sec
All three girls lying ahead of Pyleva are surely a bit faster in x-country but I think this competetion will be decided at the shooting place. Pyleva(like all russian girls) belongs to the better shooters and today there will be 4 shootings so her chances are rising to improve her position.Beside there is to say that she could improve in all season pursuits and last one she finished second.

timelord
09-01-04, 10:39
La Ligue 9.1.2003

AS Monaco vs Ol. Lyon home @2.10 (Expekt)

As I see noone took my favourite team, so i`ll.
Last meeting ended 3:1 for Lyon, now its time to equalize. Last 2 seasons AS won both home matches + one away. AS performance seems to be not affected by winter break (French Cup)

home
1. AS Monaco 8 7 1 0 17:3 22
away
3. Olympique Lyon 9 5 1 3 14:9 16
overall
1. AS Monaco 18 13 3 2 32:14 42
2. Olympique Lyon 18 10 5 3 32:14 35

Lyon will fight and attack to close 7 points gap and its what AS need. Im expecting one goal from counterattack and one from free kick for AS and may be one goal for Lyon in second half.

part_ua
09-01-04, 11:02
My 7th POTD. Tennis Tata Open, Chennai.

Carlos Moya vs Thierry Ascione 2 (@ 4.0 at Bet365)

Certainly the difference in a class is very obvious. Last season ATP standings: Moya (7th), Ascione (149th.) But Ascione very perspective player also plays professionally only 3 years, and Moya has not typed still the form in the beginning of a season and with the big troubles has won vs Goldstein 3-6 7-6 6-4. Also let's not be to overlook that Ascione to be now in the good form and has won in 1st round against strong player Rafael Nadal. In this game with Moya the surprise is possible and I believe in it.

Prague
09-01-04, 11:49
Znojmo - Trinec home win with 1.90 at Centrebet WON (5-2)

Main reasons:
- Znojmo in good form (won last three matches)
- Trinec very weak in away games (2-1-13 in last 16 matches)
- goalie of Znojmo Tomáš Duba in great form at the moment (1.33 GAA and 95.67 percentage of saves in last three games)
- Trinec players have problems with flu, many of them missed midweek training sessions and are not fully fit at the moment (those with biggest problems are mentioned between ´missing players´)

Missing players
Znojmo - M.Procházka, Ludvík (both injured)
Trinec - Lakosil, Houdek, Žabka and Kucharczyk (all doubtful - flu)

Results
Znojmo home 9-7-2 (51:35); Last 5: WLWDW (first is the latest)
Trinec away 4-1-13 (45:61); Last 5: LLDLL

H2H results
History (from 1998/1999 season):
overall: 6-5-7
Znojmo home: 5-2-2

This season:
Znojmo - Trinec 5-2
Trinec - Znojmo 5-1

09-01-04, 12:19
henman-ljubicic 2,75 pinnacle
prediction:ljubicic to win

i really believe odds at 2,75 for ljubicic are value. he trined a lot to be at his best this season. ljubici has potential. i know he is not youngster anymore. but with his serve and good backhand, he can beat henman. he is playing good at the moment and i dont think henman is such favourite. as i said, i see value at this odds and will take ljubicic.

PRAG
09-01-04, 12:40
Hi there !

My pick of the day for Friday is from the French derby :

Monaco v Lyon........................ :arrow: 2..........................3.75 at Premierbet

Sure, none of the friends who sided with Lyon today was reckless enough to take the Champions' straight away win... Some sort of cover, on Asian or otherwise, is always advisable in such derbies ! My reasoning, however, is a bit "naughty", if I'm allowed to call it so... My guide here is the recent Roma v AC Milan game (1-2 :arrow: and a brand "new" Championship in Italy again as opposed to an early finish...) as well as last year's tight races in most major European leagues. The cases of England, Spain, France, Italy in the 2002-2003 season easily come in mind when we're talking about the top teams keeping the game "interesting" !!! In our case, finishing the French league in early January definitely can't be the ideal scenario for TV/bookies/fans/other teams alike... Even a draw here would leave Monaco 7 points clear of Lyon, and with PSG's instability one would have to say "game over" for this year !
Another consideration I looked at a bit differently than every(cautious)body else was the odds : do you remember the last time any of the major Champions (Real, Bayern, Lyon, Juve, etc.) was offered at 3.75 in its own league this year ??? Well, I don't, maybe 'cause there simply wasn't such a time ! Monaco is indeed in stellar form this season, but a couple of significant hickups recently have demonstrated they're not untouchable... They'll dominate play at midfield in the derby, but if Lyon can be effective countering with their own fast attackers I wouldn't bet that the hosts will have the most chances. In effect, I'm proposing that both teams will have equal chances in front of goal, despite Monaco's creative superiority at midfield ! As always it will come down to finishing efficiency and I simply can't see anything in the stats (or in the personnel) to indicate the hosts have any advantage...
Last but not least is the funny part : who ever heard of Louis II being a tough home ground ??? :lol: Just because the home team is doing well this year and there's more support for them does NOT mean that the notoriously quietest football venue in Europe has changed... You're still liable to see more of the same : royals, mega-stars, retired tyckoons and wealthy tax-evaders cheering for their team as unobtrusively as they can !!! I figure, if Lyon had their share of wins and losses in this venue in previous years, now is an ideal time to show some heart here...

I realise I'm going head-on against a main-site BA tipster on this one but, hey, last few times I held back a couple of picks because of that reason I ended up being right and, still, having nothing to show for it...

PICK LOST (3-0)

Good luck to all 8)

Stefano
09-01-04, 13:11
My pick of the day is SPORTING LISBON - VITORIA GUIMARAES OVER 2,5 @ 1.71 GAMEBOOKERS :wink:

Please read the rules for this competition before you post. /Per

pascwal
09-01-04, 13:46
CLE Cavaliers v BOS Celtics @ 1.35

Head to head this season : 2-0 Boston

Nov 14 BOS - CLE 91-82 ==> +9

Dec 13 CLE - BOS 98-105 ==> +7

Cavaliers - 2-16 on the road

Celtics - 9-11 at home

For me no problem Boston win @ 1.38 will Hill

Please read the rules for this competition before you post. /Per

PRAG
09-01-04, 13:47
My pick of the day is SPORTING LISBON - VITORIA GUIMARAES OVER 2,5 @ 1.71 GAMEBOOKERS :wink:

Stefano, you'd better write some reasons for your pick, otherwise our sleepless moderators will not allow it !!!

8)

jcgros
09-01-04, 13:59
HC Lausane - Ambri 2 @ 2.15 Gamebookers

Last meeting fot Ambri

Win 1-5 @ Davos
Win 2-1 vs Rapperswil
Win 5-2 vs Lugano

Ambri it's in very good form.

Head to head :

13.09.2003 Ambri - Lausanne 4 - 2 ( 1 - 0 / 1 - 2 / 2 - 0 )
25.10.2003 Lausanne - Ambri 2 - 4 ( 0 - 3 / 0 - 0 / 2 - 1 )

Lausanne is not good this season.

1. Lugano 34 24 3 7 137 - 90 51
2. Bern 33 22 5 6 123 - 81 49
3. ZSC Lions 33 18 3 12 102 - 92 39
4. GE Servette 32 16 4 12 95 - 86 36
5. Davos 33 16 4 13 110 - 92 36
6. Zug 33 16 3 14 83 - 94 35
7. Ambri 33 15 4 14 106 - 94 34
8. Fr. Gottéron 34 15 2 17 105 - 101 32
---------------------------------------------------------
9. Kloten Flyers 31 15 1 15 105 - 86 31
10. Rapperswil 33 11 3 19 92 - 110 25
11. Lausanne 33 11 2 20 82 - 114 24
12. SCL Tigers 32 8 3 21 83 - 125 19
13. Basel 32 6 3 23 73 - 131 15

The victory is very important for Ambri this night.

kieron
09-01-04, 14:05
West Brom vs Walsall

Under 2.5 goals at 1.75 with Ladbrokes

PICK WON 2-0

Hard to find a decent line for this game but West Brom are seen in the 1st division as a hard place to travel and teams come to shut up shop and play men behind the ball stuff. Brom have trouble breaking down the opposition when this is the case even though they do have some talented players. This is another situation in which they will have to work incredibly hard for the win when the other team is only interested in a draw. Albion should win but it will be a tight game and a tight scoreline.

megapoxy
09-01-04, 14:28
(Levante was better than expected yesterday) :(
Tonight's pick will be once more a value one:
Indiana Pacers travel to Dallas in the biggest matchup of the day.Indiana has been performing very well lately scoring much more points than usual and not having their defense as their main "weapon" to win the matches.The main reason for that is O'neal who this season has improved even more and tonight he won't have any serious opponents under the basket.Bradley that could be a mini-threat for him is injured.Dallas in not so famous about its defense so the second in votes forward of the east division(behind Carted who leads the whole NBA)can lead his team even to the victory.Dallas doesn't have a player that will score 30+ points so it is high possible that if O'Neal will score 25+ he can be the top scorer of the match.
So my pick is Player that will score the most points NOWITZKI, Dirk (Dallas), ARTEST, Ron (Indiana),WALKER, Antoine (Dallas),FINLEY, Michael (Dallas)
O'NEAL, Jermaine (Indiana) 4.10 @ Centrebet

Catastrophe
09-01-04, 14:36
After losing Barca and my morale :) today a new pick of the day,

Czech Tipsport Extraliga Hockey:

Pilsen - Sparta :arrow: 2 :arrow: 2,00 at interwetten

Sparta 2nd right now... 3rd Slavia will play Leader Pardubice.. This is an advantage for Sparta..

Last three away for Sparta --> W.W.L
Last three homa for Pilsen --> W.W.D

Barta won't play for Pilsen..
Havelka and Srek injured for Sparta..

Sparta close to win tonight..

miiho
09-01-04, 15:41
Hi again! Today I'll try my 8th pick of the competition already and I saw I'm the only one! It's my first time so I guess that's why all the enthusiasm! It's not smart to choose one pick every day, so that's why I'll try it today and perhaps for weekend, but then I'll pause for a bit! So far I've had NO LUCK AT ALL! Today I'll try another risky pick and from tomorrow on I'll just make some picks to score points, cause I realy don't want to set a negative world record! :oops: So my pick is:

WBA - Walsall handicap 0:1 DRAW 3,6 Gamebookers

I was thinking of choosing a win with handicap for WBA, but when I read all the previews and info about the game I decided to choose X. Well about this two teams.
WBA are one of the strongest teams in 1st divison and their main goal is to get to Premiership this year! They are curently on 2nd place, but their score at home is really not as good as it should be for a team so strong and with such ambitions. Their home record is just 6-5-2 and they have 4 straight home draws, so they should really start winning cause they are already 5 points behind Norwich in 1st place. But on the other hand they've shown their strength in away matches. They are first in these standings with 7-3-3. So the latest results are just a period of crisis and I think they'll get right back into winning tracks with a win today! The first match was a 4:1 win for Walsall but the match was much closer than the result shows.
Walsall is on a 4 match unbeaten run and they've won twice on road during this streak, both wins 1-0. But they don't score very often in away matches. Only 8 goals in 12 matches. But the team is quite in form at the moment so that's why I expect a close encounter, maybe 1:0 or 2:1. WBA are stronger no doubt about it, but whenever u HAVE to win a match the burden often gets into your legs. But I belive they'll fight out a win with their hearts and will get back on the "road to Preimership".

Good luck!

timelord
09-01-04, 16:08
Miiho: yes, u r smart and fast :-))))

but take your pick on GB for 3,60 ..

RedWings
09-01-04, 16:59
Pick #2 NHL

Buffalo-Ottawa 3:2 WON

Pick: Buffalo ML 2.30 at Pinnacle

-----------------

Buffalo plays good at home and Ottawa always have a tough time in Buffalo. Ottawa is coming after a blowout win against Toronto which made them unbeaten in 11, Buffalo is winless in 3. I think it's time for Ottawa to finally lose, and Buffalo is the team that can cause them problems with their size and speed, low-scoring game probably as well.

Good luck

UnderOver1979
09-01-04, 17:05
Olympic Lyon win at HT @ 3.95 expekt. That is my pick in the match Monaco-Lyon.

Everything is possible in this match . Two best teams in France compete, so everything is possible. Lyon, will go for away win so as to have chances for the tittle. I do no know if will manage to win, but is probable. So, I bet to an early goal from Lyon and win at HT. I was with the away win in this match , but my fellow Prag was faster. So, I take the HT win for Lyon. As, for the away win I think there is much value (@ 3.60) in such a pick.

miiho
09-01-04, 17:19
Timelord what did you mean by that?

_Kap
09-01-04, 17:54
My pick for tooday:
AS Monaco - Olympic Lyon HT/FT 1/1 3.40 at Gamebookers

Current standings:
1. Monaco 13-3-2 32-14 42
2. Lyon 10-5-3 32-14 35

Monaco at home: 7-1-0 17-3
Lyon away: 5-1-3 14-9

Monaco lost last game against Renn 0-1
Monaco lost only 2 games in Championat, and IMO 2 consecutive loses unlikely.

and in 6 home wins HT/FT!!!
Monaco - Bordeaux 2 - 0 (1-0)
Monaco - Bastia 2 - 0 (1-0)
Monaco - Metz 1 - 0 (1-0)
Monaco - Toulouse 3 - 0 (2-0)
Monaco - Le_Mans 4 - 2 (3-1)
Monaco - Lens 2 - 0 (0-0)
Monaco - Strasbourg 2 - 0 (1-0)

and
Lyon-Monaco 3-1 in second tour...

I think, in this game possible only one result - HOME WIN.
and Monaco play from first minutes
1/1 is very possible result

Good Luck!

Mistro
09-01-04, 17:55
HI

Seattle Sonics(-4.5)-Memphis Grizzlies(+4.5) 1 2.01 Pinnacle

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=255

I have ML prediction there but still i think they will make the handiap easy.
WON 122-116

zik013
09-01-04, 18:10
Monaco - Lyon DRAW @ 3.3 Centrebet

Monaco is 6 points ahead of Lyon in the championship race, and a tie here will definatelly suit Monaco. Lyon is playing good again after a slow start, and will want to win here, but Monaco is strong at home, and i think wont loose this game, but im also hesitant about their motivation to win it, they would much rather draw it then loose, so if it is tied, they wont go for the victory too much.

casabel
09-01-04, 18:19
It looks to me that if Lyon loses tonight a lot of people will be angry and one happy 8)

marinho
09-01-04, 18:35
Switzerland NLA Swiss Hockey

Zurich Lions - Genčve Servette

Pick Draw after 60 minutes @4.80 at Interwetten
Pick Lost 4 - 1 FT
Is a hard game tonight...Servette play very well away...and at Hallenstadium...is not easy to win.
On the last meeting...the game finnish by a victory 2-1 for Zurich on overtime, thats why tonight i pick a draw on this game....is gonna be a hard game..and maybe not too much goals. Zurich are without 4 players..and Genčve without 2 players.

strandns
09-01-04, 18:47
Vienna Capitals vs. SC Feldkirch away 3.3@parbet

Although lately these kind of hot-information-bets rarely win, I just have to take this one.
Home team will miss 6 players due to a flu, tried to postpone the game but have failed.
Guests are complete, and boosted by a new head-coach.

juankaan
09-01-04, 18:56
Match - Pick - Analysis ;

SAC KINGS - PHO SUNS

Take UNDER 200 @2.00 @SPORTINGBET

KINGS against the weakest team of the NBA tonight.. Favoritte bet is surely KINGS tonight but i'm wondering for the bookies... You know if many people are on the same side than do bookies need some work to do !!!

I'm afraid of that work tonight...

What i can say is that the team with only MARION can not score 90 points !!!

even if the score that 90 than do the KINGS need to score 110 to break the OVER 200 BET !!!

I don't think that this will happen.. Even if i lose this bet will the KINGS surely win and i'll be happy on the other side.. No need to worry... I'm sure you are on KINGS so take this UNDER pick...

If the match ends OVER your other bet will be correct :wink:

Let's kick emm all !!!

nemunas
09-01-04, 19:36
My 4th pick

Last two lost :oops:

England, 3 division

Cheltenham Town vs Southend United
20:45 CET 09/01/2004

My Pick - away win @ 3,40 Priemerbet

Reasons for that pick :

Cheltenham curently 21th (home 6 2 4, 26 Pts.) welcomes Southend
(22th, away 4 2 6, 24 Pts).

On 04.01.2004 Cheltenham had hard match with Fulham in FA CUP (lost 2:1), so they might be tired after this clash.

In last 7 meetings Southend did not won away, so maybe today they have a chance?

If we take a look at H2H stats, DRAW happens really seldom, and there is no big diference between both teams, and away wins in third division also often.

Most Bookies for away win offer the same odds as for a DRAW, so one goal from visitors could be the last one 8O

2003-08-09 Southend 2 0 Cheltenham
2002-02-19 Cheltenham 1 1 Southend
2001-09-28 Southend 0 1 Cheltenham
2001-05-05 Cheltenham 2 1 Southend
2000-12-05 Southend 2 0 Cheltenham
2000-11-25 Southend 0 1 Cheltenham
2000-05-06 Southend 2 1 Cheltenham

I know, it's risky bet, but how many "bankers" at @ 1,10-1,20 fails????

Let's go for away win!

Cheers ang GL!

maniac
09-01-04, 20:17
VOLLEYBALL
OLYMPIC GAMES QUALIFYING
WOMEN'S - TURKEY - POLAND (2) 1,55 @ UNIBET

http://www.glinka.friko.pl/zdjecia/small/zloto2s.jpg

Our polish gold medalists are showing lately some fine volleyball action. They crushed Russia 3:1 and Germany 3:2. Yesterday they lost toAzerbajdzan 0:3- but this was a "tactical" loose 8) Because of that game they are playing Turkey instead of Italy :) That's why all the key players of the polish team were resting and getting ready for semifinals.

There is a big difference in class between these teams, and Turkey just can't and will not find a way to stop polish girls. We defeated them 3:0 not so long ago in semifinals of the european championships that took place in... Turkey ;)

http://sport.onet.pl/_i/galerie/siatkarki/39d.jpg http://www.glinka.friko.pl/zdjecia/zloto1.jpg

HAHAHA :lol: Easy win for TURKEY
There is a big difference in class between these teams... 8)

Jimbo1981
09-01-04, 21:08
My pick of the day:

Seattle(-4,5) - Memphis --> 1 @1,91 BAW

Read my prediction:

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=255#18921

Jimbo1981

Mistro
09-01-04, 21:15
jimbo i already took that..

danielcz
09-01-04, 21:18
My next pick and another one from NBA:

Philadelphia 76ers (-1,5) - New Jersey Nets Pick :1 Odds:1,91 at Centrebet

And analysis You will find here:
http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overblik&us=seteamspil&visBrugerID=31&teamspilID=555

Good Luck :D

Satyr
09-01-04, 21:34
Hm, looks like nobody took the game I believe is a very very good bet for tonight........

New Orleans Hornets - San Antonio Spurs.........2(1.71@PinnacleSports)

My analysis at ...
http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=551

Good luck to all.
:wink:

bet-man
09-01-04, 21:40
CYPRUS LEAGUE!
ETHNIKOS-APOLLON LIMASSOL

HT-FT 2-2 --->BETANDWIN (2,25)
APOLLON WILL PLAY THEIR BEST ON THE SATURDAY MATCH..I THINK THAT WILL SCORE FOR THE FIRST 45 MINUTES AND CAN GET EASY THE WIN..
ACHNA IS GOOD TEAM BUT I AM CONFIDENCE OF ONE GOOD RESULT

payoutwindow.com
09-01-04, 22:37
NBA
Portland @ Chicago take Chicago win @2.10 with betandwin.com

One of the worst road teams in the league and now on a 4 game losing streak are really strugling of late. Today the Bulls will look to inflict further damage to their low confidence. The Bulls have had a few good results at home, beating teams like Milwaukee and the Pacers and will be up to the challenge here.

ChuckY
09-01-04, 23:26
HAHAHA :lol: Easy win for TURKEY
There is a big difference in class between these teams... 8)

Buahahaha 8O Maniac:have you done your homework :?: :lol:
last 2 meetings:
1.European Championships Final in TURKEY Poland vs Turkey 3:0 (good beating in your own country)

2.World Cup in Japan Poland vs Turkey 3:2

I would say rather poor day for our gilrs,then "big difference in class between these teams"(hmmm I`m not sure if we were watching the same game,are you sure you did not change the channel, for example:CartonnNetwork ? ;) :).

Macot
10-01-04, 00:02
Hello, all!

Score: 5/6 (+420 points) 2.nd place!

Pick N7:
*Vince Carter to score the most points in the group (Richardson, Brand (Clip), Rose, Marshall (Tor))! 3.40 CENTREBET!

WEll, this time I am going for a bit riskier pick.
BUt, as always, there is a reason, why.
Firstly, Carter leads the pack with avrg 22.0 per game (Brand 19.1, others less..)
But it is not enough.
There are some changers for tonights game, as we know Magette is missing for Clip and Brand and RIchardson are going to score more, but Brand scored "only" 26 in last game, against much worse defence than Toronto! Tonight, I dont expect him to go over 22-23 and Carter will need to score more, because Toronto miss centreforwrd Bosh for this game, which will make some alterations in Toronto game....
Prediction: Carter 29: Brand 22 (others less, about 15)

Good luck!
3/10!
Macot

BET VOID! Quentin Richardson DNP (sprained right hand)... :roll:

Bellamy10
10-01-04, 00:22
Miami Heat vs. Milwaukee Bucks , HEAT @ 3.85 (Gamebookers) (Pick Lost)

Milaukee from the 6th place in the eastern conference hosting Miami which placed 9th in the same conference. Milwaukee won all their last four games, including great wins over Dallas (home, 109-101) and Philadelphia (away, 88-76). The Bucks won 19 games and lost 16.
Miami placed on the 9th place with 15 wins and 20 loses, but in only one game (GB) different from Philadelphia in the 8th place - a playoff place. Miami are coming after a nice win over Chicago (102-95) in wednesday.
Main Injuries:
Dwyane Wade (Miami, 16.2 points per game)

Miami's fans are feeling the playoff spirit again and with Eddie Jones and Lamar Odom in great shape, I think the Heat will take this game.

Daneck
10-01-04, 00:54
NBA:

Dallas- Indiana OVER 193,5 with Pinnacle @2,0 80-92 LOST

Everybody know that Pacers depend on their great defensive play allowing 82.8 per game. This time they face one of the best offensive team in the league which has scored at least 100 in 11 of its last 13 games- Dallas, of course. Mavs are struggling on the road but at home are always dangerous for any team in the world. OVER was 4-0 in last 4 meetings, altough all of them were in 2002. What give me hope for winning this bet is that Indiana has gave up on Wed. 107 against Orlando so probably they play on lower emotional level now after 6 games won in a row and are less focused on the defence. We'll see...

Jank
10-01-04, 01:10
Pick: Baron Davis to score the most points out of these players:
Baron Davis / Tim Duncan / Tony Parker / David Wesley / PJ Brown
Odds: 2.40 Bookie: Centrebet

I like this offer a lot, I'll explain why.
PJ Brown has only scored 20 points once this season, overall he only averages 11.3 points per game and doesnt make many shot attempts, so unless he suddenly puts up the performance of the season he is out of contention for tonight.
David Wesley scores more points on average (16.4) but in the last 33 games he only scored a competitive (for this bet) number of points once. He scored 32 points against Atlanta and he made 13 out of 18 FGs that night (5/7 3PT shots) and such accuracy happens once or maybe twice whole season. I expect Wesley to score 22 points maximum and most of the time it's definitely not enough to be game's topscorer.
Tony Parker is kinda similar to Wesley, but he scores even less points on average (14.5) and has only scored 20+ points once this season(!). Usually only tries 8-10 FGs per game, surely not the player you expect to be game's topscorer.

So it all comes down to the Davis and Duncan duel. The reasons why I choose Davis:

1. He simply averages more points this season. 24 ppg compared to Duncan's 21.9.

2. Davis attempts more shots. 22.1 on average compared to Duncan's 16.5.

3. Duncan will have tougher opponents attacking. Hornets' big guys are good defensively, Hornets are a very good rebounding team so Duncan will hopefully make less offensive rebounds (which often lead to him scoring easy points or being fouled).

Overall, considering the odds this bet is surely worth a try.

Macot
10-01-04, 01:41
Hey, people, what s wrong with Quentin Richardson, he is not playing for Clippers, it is already second quarter!?!
8O
If he does not enter, my bet is Void, a pitty, cause I think, I even have greater chance, Clippers lead and Brand only scored 5 points it means, Carter will need to take things into his hands!
(Rose 9, Carter 6, Brand 5 sos far...)
:cry:

Daneck
10-01-04, 02:03
Macot, Richardson was questionable ag.Toronto with hand injury....

Macot
10-01-04, 02:05
Macot, Richardson was questionable ag.Toronto with hand injury....
Thanks, Daneck... so my bet is going to be void...

Macot
10-01-04, 02:06
Hello, all!

Pick N7:
*Vince Carter to score the most points in the group (Richardson, Brand (Clip), Rose, Marshall (Tor))! 3.40 CENTREBET!

Firstly, Carter leads the pack with avrg 22.0 per game (Brand 19.1, others less..)
But it is not enough.
There are some changers for tonights game, as we know Magette is missing for Clip and Brand and RIchardson are going to score more, but Brand scored "only" 26 in last game, against much worse defence than Toronto! Tonight, I dont expect him to go over 22-23 and Carter will need to score more, because Toronto miss centreforwrd Bosh for this game, which will make some alterations in Toronto game....

Good luck!
3/10!
Macot

Bet is going to be void, Richardson ill, if he does not show in second half, I am doomed.
HT standings:

CARTER 10 points!
Brand 9
Rose 9
Marshall 0
Richardson 0.

miiho
10-01-04, 02:24
Hi again! Today I'll try my 8th pick of the competition already and I saw I'm the only one! It's my first time so I guess that's why all the enthusiasm! It's not smart to choose one pick every day, so that's why I'll try it today and perhaps for weekend, but then I'll pause for a bit! So far I've had NO LUCK AT ALL! Today I'll try another risky pick and from tomorrow on I'll just make some picks to score points, cause I realy don't want to set a negative world record! :oops: So my pick is:

WBA - Walsall handicap 0:1 DRAW 3,6 Gamebookers

I was thinking of choosing a win with handicap for WBA, but when I read all the previews and info about the game I decided to choose X. Well about this two teams.
WBA are one of the strongest teams in 1st divison and their main goal is to get to Premiership this year! They are curently on 2nd place, but their score at home is really not as good as it should be for a team so strong and with such ambitions. Their home record is just 6-5-2 and they have 4 straight home draws, so they should really start winning cause they are already 5 points behind Norwich in 1st place. But on the other hand they've shown their strength in away matches. They are first in these standings with 7-3-3. So the latest results are just a period of crisis and I think they'll get right back into winning tracks with a win today! The first match was a 4:1 win for Walsall but the match was much closer than the result shows.
Walsall is on a 4 match unbeaten run and they've won twice on road during this streak, both wins 1-0. But they don't score very often in away matches. Only 8 goals in 12 matches. But the team is quite in form at the moment so that's why I expect a close encounter, maybe 1:0 or 2:1. WBA are stronger no doubt about it, but whenever u HAVE to win a match the burden often gets into your legs. But I belive they'll fight out a win with their hearts and will get back on the "road to Preimership".

Good luck!

I just can't belive this!!!!! :x :x :x :x I write in my prediction that I'm thinking about taking a win with handicap but then I choose the other option DRAW! I guess this is not my month at all!!!

I hope you guys have better luck tonight!

Macot
10-01-04, 03:20
Hello, all!

Pick N7:

But it is not enough.

Good luck!
3/10!
Macot

Bet is going to be void, Richardson ill, if he does not show in second half, I am doomed.
HT standings:

CARTER 10 points!
Brand 9
Rose 9
Marshall 0
Richardson 0.
Then again, I was lucky, Carter only scored 2 points in second half!?!?
Jalen Rose would be the winner on 24 points!!
:D

doberman
10-01-04, 07:05
miiho wrote:
I just can't belive this!!!!! I write in my prediction that I'm thinking about taking a win with handicap but then I choose the other option DRAW!

:?: Funny, its 2 goals diference choice dilema..... :?

miiho
10-01-04, 11:06
Hello!

Please don't write unneccessary comments when you haven't even looked at my prediction!!! 8O 8O 8O It's a draw with handiocap 0:1, so I needed a 1:0 result and they scored the second one!

doberman
10-01-04, 12:01
Yes, my apologies 'miiho', did not notice 'handicup X', hope you axept it ,becouse it was in a good spirit. :oops:

miiho
10-01-04, 12:20
Hey my friend I wasn't angry at all, I'm just disapointed cause nothing seems to be going my way at the moment. Thank god I at least won some money yesterday on NBa and NHL. Good luck with your picks for today!