PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 7/1

tahoma
07-01-04, 01:58
Good luck!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload3/sst.gif (http://www.soccerstatstracker.com)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

Prija
07-01-04, 02:30
Everton (+1) – Arsenal 1, 2.15 @ Gamebookers won (1-1)
It’s all just a little bit of history repeating…Beautiful voice of ms Shirley Bassey crossed my mind when i saw EPL midweek fixtures.Arsenal was unbeaten for 30 games last season, and remember who beat them then :wink: .Now Toffees will try to brake Arsenal’s record of 21 premiership matches without a defeat, and on away matches their unbeatable record extends to 14 games!Still, despite beating them last year Everton does not have a good record against the Gunners in past seasons (Arsenal won 12 of last 15 matches!).In this season’s match on Highbury Arsenal won 2-1.The Blues have Thomas Gravesen, Alan Stubbs and Duncan Ferguson doubtful who will face late fitness tests, while Arsenal is definitely without injured Dennis Bergkamp and Sylwain Wiltord.I took this bet mostly due to my reasoning that no team is good enough to have such a long streak without a defeat in EPL, and i’m sure Everton has enough power to make my bet winning.Anyway, i took only Everton not to lose cause the odds are quite satisfying even on this bet

norel_invest
07-01-04, 02:33
Chelsea - Liverpool TIP:1 Odds: 1.75 @ gamebookers

There's not much to write about this game. Chelsea is missing a few players this game, but Crespo's return in the starting 11 is really expected. Chelsea played well on home grounds so faar, but mostly with strong teams, they managed to focus on the important matches and they got theirpoints out of them. They also had a few negative results lately, but I think it's time to bounce back.

On the other side Liverpool is a strong team still struglling to get that 4th place at the end of the season. Their attack is based on really strong players, but somehow the key is still Owen. I don't see him motivated enough and I don't think this will change tomorrow.

A few past results between these two.
2003-05-11 Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
2001-12-16 Chelsea 4-0 Liverpool
2000-10-01 Chelsea 3-0 Liverpool
2000-04-29 Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
1999-02-27 Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
1998-04-25 Chelsea 4-1 Liverpool
1997-01-01 Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool
1995-12-30 Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool

Take Chelsea WIN @ 1.75@ GAMEBOOKERS

smart_boy
07-01-04, 02:40
3rd Pick

Olympiacos vs Slask Wroclaw

Euroleague Group C

Olympiacos in Europe this season has 2-5.He made 2nd win in his last game against Alba at home with score 96-95(OT).Olympiacos in his last game for Greek League also won Apollon Patras away.In first round lost in Slask with score 82-80 and now it's Olympiacos time to win.Olympiacos has changed a lot since their first game.With new coach and better team spirit,I believe that in his arena with his crowd can win this game easilly.
He has better players and they will prove it tomorrow

So my pick is :Olympiacos(-5,5 points) 1.80 from betandwin

varganya
07-01-04, 06:27
hi

i see lots of ongoing talk about this game on spanish forum here:
http://bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111292#111292

My opinion is about this game:

S.D. Eibar vs Real Madrid CF x *WilliamHill * 3.60

Won as full time 1-1 with 37' [0 - 1] Jose Maria Guti 45' [1 - 1] Cuevas

you can get better odds than this but i stick to my "precious" :wink:

i do not really know whos playing at Madrid & i think at the biggest club of world does not really matter.. and i do not know the starting line up for Eibar /i suppose they best eleven/, but sure they will fight their best.

The one bright spot for Eibar is that David Beckham has picked up a knock on Saturday against Mucia and was forced to leave the pitch in the second half.He is doubtful for Wednesday's match.

r32
SPORTING 0 - 1 EIBAR
S.S. REYES 0 - 3 R. MADRID

r16
EIBAR 0 - 0 RACING pl 3-2
LEGANÉS 3 - 4 R. MADRID /et/

I can see lots of Real game recently.Hmm.Against Murica could have been a 1-1 instead of 1-0. They just not that great as you would expect...

Real Madrid left-back Roberto Carlos said he was stunned and disappointed at being booed by club supporters at the Santiago Bernabeu during Saturday's 1-0 win over Murcia.
The criticism came after the Brazilian struggled to find his form in the match against the Primera Liga strugglers.

Eibar so far got away without recive a goal in Copa del Rey certanly there are some stability in the squad.

Madrid away 4w 3d 2l 13-11 is not that shiny as home 9w 0d 0l 24-7
where 7th EIBAR at home 3w 5d 1l 8-5 looks a solid x.

This is a 2 leg chrash, so Madrid could leave the decision for the home leg.
Pluss the pretty crap away. Remember Sevilla 3-1 in first 16min or previous round against Leganes they were down to 3-0 HT despite that was one game knock out round !!

So do not expect miracles here just both team do what they usually do...

Luckyjammygit
07-01-04, 06:41
Middlesbrough v Fulham English Prem weds 07.01.04

Looking at the home sides record they have lost 5 home games from 10,however 4 of these were to top sides ManU,Chelsea,Newcastle and Arsenal.

They have also managed to collect 5 x 0-0 draws this season [3 at home] which suggests that they have trouble scoring but also can defend when needed.

They will not want to fall into the relegation battle so must know they have to collect as many home points as possible.

Fulham have lost 3 of the last 5 away games but they also know that if they want to keep 4th place in the table they need to start getting points at places like this.

Louis Saha has scored the last 6 goals for Fulham but tonight he is up against 2 England defenders so may be out of luck!

My pick Middlesbrough x Fulham DRAW @ 3.0 Ladbrokes
..............................................PICK LOST.2-1...............

coventry
07-01-04, 07:20
My bet for this wednesday is on Newcastle.
They have no win in the last three games in the league but did in the FA-cup away against South. this weekend.
They have no injuries.
Leeds is struggling and i think they will be fighting in this game but Newcastle with help from their fantastic supporters is gonna win.
The biggest reason for that is that i remember their last fight (2-2).
Newcastle was five classes better but....
this time, the revange will come.

NEWCASTLE@1,55...interwetten :o

WhyNot?
07-01-04, 08:24
Disapointed after my last POTD...
I'm gonna back an old "friend" of mine. I believe in Man. City!

Manchester City v Charlton
HT/FT 1/1 @3.75 with Gamebookers
LOST 1/X (1-0)(1-1) again M.City :cry:
It's time for Man City won a match! They haven't felt the victory taste for a long time now. I tend to think that their time has come. They have 3 consecutive draws now. The victory is closer...

Charlton are the surprise of the Premier League this year. They play very good home, but are rather poor away. They alterate good matches with the bad ones. They lost in FA CUP away to Gillingham.

I think Man City wants very bad this victory. Both Aneka and Fowler should score for their teams, and i expect City's defence to concentrate and alowing one goal at most. City will attack from the first minute, and after leading i see very high probbility to win the game...so i risk a halftime/fulltime 4 Man. City
Stake: 5/10 (i'm on a bad run)

Cheer for M. City!
Bye!

The Gravedigger
07-01-04, 08:57
Euroleague,8 th round

AEK-Ulker 2 @2.08 Centrebet

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

Bogdan
07-01-04, 09:02
My pick is

FC Valencia - Atletico Osasuna Pamplona AH 0-1 1 @ 2.13 ---> PINNACLE

Spain - Cup, Wednesday 07 Jan 2004 - 21:30

In the last 3 matches at home Valencia win with 1-0 twice and 2-1 once. But that was in championship, where we all know what defensive performance Osasuna has. Now is Spanish Cup, both team will start with a lot of reserves, but Valencia look much better than Osasuna, imo.

Marca:
Valencia: Palop, Curro Torres, Ayala, Pellegrino, Garrido; Rufete, Albelda, Sissoko, Vicente, Angulo y Oliveira.

Osasuna: Elía; Expósito, Cruchaga, Mateo, Antonio López; Rivero, Puñal, Alfredo, Moha; Palacios y Webó.

Note: 'y' stands for 'and' :) :(

As you can see, Osasuna has only for 4 regulars, at Valencia Pellegrino took the place of Marchena and Aimar will not play. I think this miss can be repair by the presence of 2 strikers.

A cover on 1-0 is mandatory, anyway.

GL

Ronnie 9
07-01-04, 09:31
Grav can un join the chat?

Please all of you ...c`mmon chat.

betinio
07-01-04, 09:32
My pick is

Newcastle United v Leeds United X2 :arrow: 2.34 @ gamebookers

Leeds latest results:

2004-01-04 H Arsenal L - 1:4
2003-12-28 A Wolverhampton L - 3:1
2003-12-26 H Aston Villa D - 0:0
2003-12-22 A Man.City D - 1:1
2003-12-14 H Fulham W - 3:2
2003-12-06 H Chelsea D - 1:1
2003-11-29 A Charlton W - 0:1
2003-11-22 H Bolton L - 0:2
2003-11-08 A Portsmouth L - 6:1
2003-11-01 H Arsenal L - 1:4

It is clear that the team performance is improving after a very bad start. I think that Leeds is capable to take at least one point from Newcastle because they have a good, strong team.
Newcastle results and play are not so good lately.

2003-12-28 H Blackburn L - 0:1
2003-12-26 A Leicester D - 1:1
2003-12-20 A Charlton D - 0:0

three games without win.

halfacat
07-01-04, 09:44
...and I believe in Man Utd.
so why not:

Bolton - Man Utd
HT/FT 2/2 @2.25 / gamebookers
BET WON ---> 1-2 (0-2)

1st Man Utd 19 15-1-3 38 13 25 46 , away 7-0-2
12st Bolton 19 5-8-6 20 28 -8 23 , home 2-6-1

Bolton concended only 7goals in 9matches at home, but they host Red Devils, which are in very good form now. Arsenal and Chelsea are still close to leaders, so MU is not going to loose any points at the Reebok Stadium. I think they should win this match, scoring a goal or 2 before a half time.

1996-02-25 Bolton - Manchester U 0 - 6
1997-09-20 Bolton - Manchester U 0 - 0
2002-01-29 Bolton - Manchester U 0 - 4
2003-02-22 Bolton - Manchester U 1 - 1

Two draws and two easy wins in recent history.
Earlier this season:
2003-08-16 Manchester U - Bolton 4 - 0

Bolton - 'giant killers' ?
Not today, not for Red Devils

casabel
07-01-04, 10:13
3rd Pick

Olympiacos vs Slask Wroclaw

Euroleague Group C

Olympiacos in Europe this season has 2-5.He made 2nd win in his last game against Alba at home with score 96-95(OT).Olympiacos in his last game for Greek League also won Apollon Patras away.In first round lost in Slask with score 82-80 and now it's Olympiacos time to win.Olympiacos has changed a lot since their first game.With new coach and better team spirit,I believe that in his arena with his crowd can win this game easilly.
He has better players and they will prove it tomorrow

So my pick is :Olympiacos(-5,5 points) 1.80 from betandwin

That game is tomorrow...

Bridges
07-01-04, 10:15
Biathlon Women - Sprint 7,5 km (Pokljuka/SLO)

Sandrine Bailly - Liv G. Poiree 1 1,95 (expekt)

Read my comment here! (http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=310#18853/url)

Sidenet
07-01-04, 10:41
My pick number 1:

Copa del Rey:
Alaves-Valladolid 2 2,80 Unibet.

Alaves has very weakened squad (almost complete B-side) to this cup fixture while Valladolid has their best possible team to start here. Alaves also has some injuries and all the minor knocks will be healed in a cost of cup success.

kieron
07-01-04, 10:45
Southampton vs Leicester

Southampton to win @ 1.8 with Bet 365

PICK LOST 0-0

The home team are struggling to compete in their last few games and the away team are just as bad but with a poorer squad and some defensive injuries. I think 1.8 is a decent price for Southampton to put away this Leicester team and establish a good run of form once more. I think Strachan will find a way to get his team playing again and whilst Leicester are always up for their games, there is a ceiling to their level of play and Southampton can reach a little higher for a little longer. Beattie is on my list of players I don't want to do well (partly because he is an arrogant t**t and also he failed to score against Arsenal) but it won't be long before he is banging them in again and he should at least have a few chances today. Saints defence is built to defend against long ball attacks and that is basically all that they will face today so should be no worries conceding and a 0-0 saver should be enough protection from a loss.

mj_air
07-01-04, 11:26
Manchester C - Charlton (1) 2,20 @ EXPEKT

Well, it is winning time for Manchester City!
After so many draws in their past matches it is time to get 3 points. Especially because they are playing Charlton (they lost their last game in FA CUP away to Gillingham).
Let me remind you the score of the last meeting between these two teams:
2003-08-17 Charlton - Manchester C. 0 - 3

Nicolas Anelka finally started to shoot goals, and I think he will get some good chances of scoring tonight.

Manchester City has a very good team with very good players. They have to weak up and start to win. I think this game will be a breakthrough and and they will gain 3 points in the Premiership standings.

WeReWolF
07-01-04, 12:16
Newcastle(-1) - Leeds United(+1) 1,90 1 @ Interwetten

Newcastle is in a must win position,especially after their 1-0 loss at home to Blackburn a week ago.They have to start earning points soon if they want to play CL next season,since their main rivals for that place,Liverpool,r performing quite well lately.
They are an offensive team,so i think they should have no prob scoring a few this evening.They did great against Soton this wend and i think they are on the uptrend.Bellamy and Bowyer are still out for the Magpies.On loan Pennant is back in the squad and Gary Kelly could also return, with Frazer Richardson likely to miss out.A.Smith is starting his two-match ban at St James' Park for October's bottle-throwing incident,which is a big blow for the visitors(looks like Viduka will feel pretty lonely up front.. :roll: ).
Gd Luck with ur bets! 8)

miiho
07-01-04, 12:17
I have to get something big today, so I'm going for:

Southampton - Leicester Handicap 0:1 X 3,65 Gamebookers

Southampton are semi-strong at home, they are 5-1-4 (11-7) at the moment and Leicester is not that good away 2-1-6, but they do score alot in away matches ( 15-18 ). Leicester have scored 2 or more goals in last 5 away matches (2-2, 3-2, 0-2, 0-3, 4-3). But I thinkthat Southampton's defense is strong enough not to recieve more than 1 goal. In fact I think that Leicester will find the net once, but they'll loose 2:1! :) What a prediction! ha ha!

Well good luck to you all and I hope we all get lucky today!

Catastrophe
07-01-04, 12:23
Here is my 2nd pick,

Wolverhampton - Blackburn :arrow: X :arrow: 3.00 @ interwetten
Last 6 matches for two teams :

Blackburn :arrow: 3 - 1 - 2 and for8 against 5
Wolverhampton :arrow: 1 - 2 - 2 and for 9 against 14

There's no so much difference... Blackburn better just a little bit..

Wolver.. didn't lose last 3 matches at home and Blackburn 2 win and 1 lost on the road..

Very very difficult match for both teams.. And X is very possible...

elmo
07-01-04, 12:27
Wolverhampton Wanderers - Blackburn Rovers, HOME @3.05 (Unibet)

In last round I've won some money because of winning Wolves. This time I'd like to try again. Wolves are typical home team, their record at home is 3-3-2 and on the other hand we have Rovers with 3-2-5 on road.
As our friend Macot said:" They play ataacking football and they should like the style Blackburn have (also open, atacking game). Blackburn suffered hard in this part of England some days ago and should find it hard again. " I totally agree with him.

Very interesting thing. Wolves could rise off the bottom rung for the first time in a month, if they beat Blackburn, and Leeds lose at Newcastle.
I think that is very possible.

Wolves: Romanian striker Vio Ganea is set to make his Wolverhampton debut with Nathan Blake (calf) still injured.

xyzDennis
07-01-04, 12:33
Everton(AH+3/4) - Arsenal(AH-3/4)
Pick: 2
Odds: 1.91 @ Pointbet

Arsenal comes into this match on a roll really, showing superb form and scoring touches. With great wins against Southampton, Leeds, Wolves, now they travel to Goodison Park in search for yet another win to pile on the pressure on Manchester United who faces a tricky away test to Bolton.

Last season, it was this very meeting that ended Arsenal's superb domestic run of being unbeaten. So any chance of a deja-vu? Unlikely I reckon. Last season, Everton were not leaking as many goals as they are right now, they HAD a secret weapon in Rooney, but now he is rightfully guarded well by the league's defences. In fact, the going has been rather tough on young Rooney, so tough that manager Moyes prefers to leave him on the bench and play him later in the game when fatigue sets in. It tells a fair bit when their league's top goal poacher is a defender-turned-midfielder, Steve Watson. Another point to make, Everton are facing a number of injury woes, Ferguson, Gravesen and Stubbs all came off the FA Cup tie with injuries and are doubtful, while definitely sidelined are Pistone, Wright, Nyarko.

Arsenal on the other hand has an almost full squad to choose from, except for Bergkamp who is doubtful and Wiltord who is definitely out. With everyone starting to peak right now, Toure maturing at the right time, midfielders showing the kind of form which brought Arsenal their previous double, Henry unstoppable-as usual, Arsenal is really displaying great football prowess and look real good to take all 3 points here.

With the combatant Gravesen out, Yobo would replace him there, and against Viera and co, I do not feel Yobo is up to the task at all. The ageing defence of Everton would also face a problem guarding the league's greatest striker. All in all, I am looking forward to an Arsenal win here.

Per
07-01-04, 12:50
Well, yesterday was a complete ****-up... And you better believe the Färjestad players better stay inside today, because there is alot of people looking to say a few well-chosen words today.

Anyway, new day and here we go.
Tottenham-Birmingham 1 2,20@Ladbrokes, WillHill, GB. Bet won, 4-1

http://www.fcbet.com/pick.asp?pickID=1451

LaVey
07-01-04, 12:58
Well, yesterday was a complete ****-up... And you better believe the Färjestad players better stay inside today, because there is alot of people looking to say a few well-chosen words today.

It's not first time for FBK. They mess my ticket on december 30 2-2 at home with Brynas

megapoxy
07-01-04, 13:31
My pick for the day is Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers Under 201 points @ 1.95 @ Pinnacle

The Nuggets are on a downtrend having lost their last matches and having many difficulties in scoring unlike the beggining of the season when they used to be one of the highest scoring teams in the league.
The absence of Shaquille O'Neal means much less points for the visitors and the presence of twin towers Camby and Nene creates lots of difficulties for Kobe to get some easy inside shots.I believe it will be a low scoring game like all the last ones that Denver had and if LA wants to have chances to win they should be based on their defence.

Weity
07-01-04, 13:38
Newcastle - Leeds - over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 (Bet365) 1:0 - bet lost :cry:

Both teams usualy play matches with lots of goals. Especially Leeds with poor defence is very good to bet on over. In 8 of last 9 matches between these two there were more than 2.5 goals and it should be the same tonight. Leeds scores 1 goal per match in away matches and they should be able to do that again and Newcastle is probably going to win that match, so they have to score twice. I just hope it doesn't finish with 2-0...

Good luck! :wink:

Arbiter Elegantiarum
07-01-04, 13:52
Volleyball Olympic quals

Spain-Netherlands 2 1,4 Unibet won

Hmm, first of all Holland is beetter team. Spain got great player Pascual and few good players too but Holland have very good whole team.

They`ve proved their worth many times, Holland should be too good for Spain.
Even look at results so far:
Spain lost to France 1:3 and won against poor Finland only 3:2.

Holland so far smashed Finland 3:0 in an hour.

Match is decisive - who wins is in semis, for Spain last chance. Also Spain had to play 5 sets yesterday, Holland had a free day.
Dutch players hsould be more fresh and as they make better team I think Holland will win this one.

casabel
07-01-04, 14:08
===========================================

My 5th Pick of the Day:
KRKA NOVO MESTO (Slovenia) VS SKIP.BOLOGNA(Italy)

Pick:
2 (-5)

Odds:

Bookie:
Centerbet

Result:
58-66 WON(at last)

REASONS

Its time for me to start winning after a disaster start this year…The slovenian team has no chance to qualify and they play realy bad lately.Skiper will miss Vujanic but they still are much better team and will be motivated against a KRKA that will focus on domestic league games and leave Europe for next year.

Good Luck with your choice!

CasAbel

Croatia 385
07-01-04, 14:29
NBA, Utah-Memphis:

Andrei Kirilenko (AK 47 :lol:) to score most points ---> odds 3,30 @ Centrebet

My 3rd pick in January, so far 1 pick correct, profit :roll: +0!

Prediction here ---> http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overblik&us=seteamspil&visBrugerID=29&teamspilID=532

Match postponed, bet returned!

John_JUVE
07-01-04, 15:14
Bolton - ManUnited HC 1:0 X 3.60 Interwetten 1-2 FT BET WON

Big value point here coz its very probable MU win this game by 1 goal exactly.

MU is in great form 8 wins in 9 games.Since we all agree that they are big favorites for this game I prefer this bet because:

1.MU scored over 2 goals in an away game only once against Leicester.
2.Five of seven away wins are 0-1 or 1-2.Only against Leicester and Charlton were above that.
3.Bolton lost at home only against Birmingham and that was 0-1.
4.Bolton scored in 10 of last 12 games so if they do it again they must concede 3 goals to lose the bet.

From all the above I think probable scores are 0-1 1-2 and 0-2, IF MU WINS...

I take two of them at 3.60, so we have a value here...

UnderOver1979
07-01-04, 15:20
Bolton-Manch Un.

Asian hdc for Manch is best choice here. But I will risk with a high odd bet once again. Bolton surprised this year and that make all of us to be carefull when betting against Bolton. But, I think that is not such a big team. It is not such a big club as Manchester , a team with much more quality, that knows how to take impressive wins even with the big european clubs. So, I believe here Manch United will show that can score a lot of goals in teams like Bolton. My pick is:
Manch United to score 3 goals or more today against Bolton with Bet365

nemunas
07-01-04, 16:25
Hi all !
3th pick

Copa del Ray, Spain 07.01.2004 20:00 CET

Malaga CF vs RC Celta de Vigo

My pick - DRAW @3,20 Unibet

Reasons for my pick :
Both teams lost their last home fixtures;
Celta missing many injured players, and to beat Malaga at home is not so easy;

H2H stats :

2003-10-05 Malaga 2 1 Celta Vigo
2003-02-23 Malaga 1 1 Celta Vigo
2002-09-29 Celta Vigo 2 2 Malaga
2002-02-17 Celta Vigo 0 0 Malaga
2001-10-07 Malaga 2 2 Celta Vigo
2000-11-04 Celta Vigo 1 0 Malaga
2000-05-07 Malaga 0 1 Celta Vigo
1999-12-22 Celta Vigo 2 4 Malaga

As we can see, they played many DRAWS.
If Celta takes CUP seriosly, they may get FT 0:0 or 1:1, and in the second match make it all clear.

Since I am not expert in Spain soccer, do not follow my pick blindly.
I'll stake some money on DRAW, but you know, CUP = many surprises !
Cheers, and GL! :arrow:

loyalblue
07-01-04, 16:29
Chelsea v Liverpool - Liverpool +0.5 (Asian Hcp) @ 2.10 (Bet365) Pick WON 0-1

Chelsea's form has dipped in the last month or so and I still think they are in a bad patch at the moment, evident in the result against Watford (2-2) in the FA Cup. Liverpool's form hasn't been too much better than their London rivals but I feel that the return of Owen will give the Reds a massive lift. Eventhough the inspirational Gerrard will be missing, Liverpool have sufficient cover in Murphy and Hamman. Liverpool can turn their season around by getting atleast a point here, and I think they can do it. I like the DRAW in this game, but I'll go for the safer option with medium stakes.

kojic2003
07-01-04, 16:53
England, Premier League

Manchester City(-1) v Charlton(+1) 1 @4.15(Expekt)
I think that many people are confused because of Charlton's win against Chelsea,but they didn't show any superb performances there.Quite simply,they scored after every chance.Desailly & co. were awful in the defense on that day as well.There are no anything special in Charlton at the moment.Only teamwork and nothing else.ManCity were an amasing against Leeds,but unlucky on the end.If they show at least half of their performances from that match,we are going to see an easy home win tonight.They were excelent against Liverpool as well,but the score was "only" 2:2.What about their performances against Leicester in the FA cup?ManCity were excelent,but unlucky again:

ManCity:
Shots:18; On goal:8; Corners:8
Leicester:
Shots:6; On goal:3; Corners:2

The hosts are like a some Dream Team on the paper:McManaman,Fowler,Anelka,Sibierski,Wonchope,. ..,with more potentionals than the visitors,and I really believe that this team will get what they want tonight.They won 3:0 in the first meeting this season.

07-01-04, 16:59
AEK-Ulker(+2) 1,9 CENTREBET
prediction:Ulker to win

AEK-Ulker(+2) (http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306)

PAPASOUZAS_CBR600
07-01-04, 17:37
pick record:2-2

man city - charlton 2 @3,60 Expekt

i see many above look really confident on man city win and i wonder how
can u be confident on a team that has failed to win 11 straight games!!
They blame luck for this, yes surely u can not have luck in one or two
games but not having luck in 11 games?? this is ridiculous...
ive watched a couple of man city matches (one of them vs Leeds) and what i saw was a really incompetent defense prone to mistakes and a very insecure goalie..This could result on a team that despite having big potential upfront fails to deliver due to insecurity and nervousness from the back line!
And theyre facing a really good team powered by the brilliance of a great
player DiCanio,the talent of Parker, and with power of Euell and working of Holland and Johanson.I forgot also on loan Carlton Cole coming back realy hot.
Charlton is a well deserved champions league contender who can deliver great soccer in their day and this happens often lately!

Last games in man city : 99-00 1-1, 00-01 1-4, 02-03 0-1 favours Charlton!

First game in 1st round Man City won 3-0 but first goal was a not so clear
penalty?? after Charlton had dominated the start of the game...A revenge maybe now?

I wouldnt take this pick because risky picks dont seem to favour me lately but just wanted to give another point of view on this game!

Good luck 8)

Palini
07-01-04, 17:37
Football, Premier League, England

Everton (+1) - Arsenal (-1) 2 -----> 2.70 @Interwetten Bet lost, 1-1

I get more and more impressed everytime I see Arsenal play. Against Leeds Lehman made a huge blunder, still no panic at all and Arsenal walked all over Leeds, which I still think made a pretty decent game. This should be pretty much the same thing. A rough, hard fighting, tackling Everton(or am I just being prejudice?) against beautiful and smart Arsenal. I really think Arsenal should win this game easily, the diffrence in class is massive at the moment.
Everton seem to be at pretty good form at the moment, but they can't be in better form than Arsenal, so they could be up for a shock tonight. They even gave Man United a run for their money at Old Trafford (lost 3-2), but I think they will find Arsenal too be even better than United at Old Trafford.
And the wins that Everton have lately doesn't impress me, even though I haven't seen any of those games. I mean the should have a fair chance to beat Birmingham at home, the should beat Leicester at home, etc. Nothing special in my opinion, and they really going to need something very special if they are going to bring down Arsenal tonight.

Still, 1-0 will do the trick for Arsenal, so a bit of a gamble to go for this handicap, but I'm not worried. Maybe my eyes fooled me, maybe Leeds wasn't that good in that cup game, maybe Henry isn't brilliant every time he touches the ball, maybe Lehman will do another blunder, but I have to follow my beliefs, and I strongly believe that Arsenal will win this game with ease.

haZart_Jack
07-01-04, 18:56
Thinking to skip tonight, but in the last moment decided for this pick. Also like Tottenham - Birmingham under.

Pick 5
Bolton - Manchester United
English Premiership

Statistics:
-Bolton 12th Home table (2-6-1, think it would be normal for team of this class to concede another loss soon)
-Man Utd 2nd Away table (7-0-2, loses only with Southampton (August 2003) and Chelsea)
-This season Bolton has no home match allowing more than 2 goals
-Man Utd only twice scored more than 2 goals away this season
-Bolton Home goal scored every 81min. Last 3 matches scored 5 goals, so probably tonight Bolton would not score.
-Man Utd Away goal conceded every 135min

Tonight's match:
Bolton surprised already Arsenal and Chelsea, so there would not be any underestimation by United.
It's not easy to score away at Bolton, but Man Utd has very good att***1072;cking players.
All Manchester's players are fit and ready to win. United play good and they will approach seriously for this clash.
Traditionally, Bolton is not problem for Man Utd (11-1 g.d. last 4 here) and I expect an away win tonight. Also expect United not to concede any goal.

Pick: Manchester United win 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 @ 2.65 (betinternet)
Result: Bolton 1-2 Manchester United
Lost
87' [1-2] Gary Neville (o.g.)
What a bad bad luck :cry:

part_ua
07-01-04, 19:08
My pick N5:

Bolton - MU -->> Ruud van Nistelrooy scores anytime ( @ 1.66 at Bet365) / Nistelrooy scores 2nd goal/ pick won!

I think manchester scores 2 or more goals and certainly the author of one or several goals will ruud. He the best goalie of team, but did not scores in last 2 matches, also will try to make very much it today.

CG
07-01-04, 19:48
Points Match Bet:-
A.MILLER (20) /C.ANTHONY (20) (Denver) v K.Bryant (27) /S.Medvedenko (7) (LA Lakers) 2.45 @ Nordic Bet Won 40-34 /CG

I think Nordic Bet are reading too much into Kobe Bryant having another 'one of those perfect days' with this bet. I agree that if he is on top form, then he could win this match bet by himself without the help of Medvedenko. However, the Lakers are going through troubled times and I think that its too much to ask of Kobe to carry the team by himself and with Stanislav not being the most prolific of scorers, I think that the price for Miller and Anthony to win this is greater than it should be.

petev
07-01-04, 20:08
pick #3
DEN Nuggets - LA Lakers UNDER 195.5 @2.75 WillHill
I will write it for the third time: Nuggets are in a 'offensive crisis' ... in their last two matches their scored 76 and 74... on the other hand lakers who are still without Shaq and Karl Malone have only two options in offense... so if they want to succeed they have to concentrate on defense... and I am almost sure that Phil Jackson knows about it :P ... so this offer from WillHill has imo big value and I take it as a potd

Satyr
07-01-04, 20:15
My pick for today is ::::::
NBA

Detroit Pistons-Houston Rockets..........2(2.61@PinnacleSports)

prediction at...
http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=535

Good luck. :wink:

megapoxy
07-01-04, 21:53
Can patev's prediction be valid since I picked a similar bet before (Denver-Lakers Under 201,5)? I am a little bit confused about whether he can or not...maybe it's better for a moderator to inform us...

LaVey
07-01-04, 22:16
New Jersey Devils vs Pittsburgh Penguins Handicap(0 : 1.5) 1 1.75 Pinnacle LOST
What can I say about this match. Is ahuge difference between this two teams. The worst team in the league against the Devils Stanley Cup champions. New Jersey is 9-3-0 in its last 12 meetings with Pittsburgh.

New Jersey Devils (20-8-9-1) After winning for only the second time in seven games, the Devils continue a three-game homestand when they take on a Pittsburgh Penguins team that will be without Mario Lemieux for the remainder of the season. The Devils, 7-2-1 in their last 10 at Continental Airlines Arena. "We needed a win so badly after the road losses. Hopefully this game will help turn things around a little bit." This is what Devils player Sergei Brylin says about tonight game.

Pittsburgh Penguins (9-23-5-3) The Penguins have been outscored, 19-4, in losing their last four games and are the only team i n the NHL with less than 10 wins. The Penguins, who close the trip at Boston on Thursday, are 0-9-1-3 in their last 13 on the road -- allowing 52 goals during that span.

Meetings This Year:
Oct 24, 2003 New Jersey at Pittsburgh 2 - 1
Nov 21, 2003 Pittsburgh at New Jersey 1 - 2
Dec 27, 2003 New Jersey at Pittsburgh 2 - 0

I expect now Devils to win at high score 3-0, 4-1, 4-0

petev
07-01-04, 22:23
Can patev's prediction be valid since I picked a similar bet before (Denver-Lakers Under 201,5)? I am a little bit confused about whether he can or not...maybe it's better for a moderator to inform us...

it's similar bur it isn't the same, line is 6 points lower and it makes a big difference...

RedWings
07-01-04, 22:35
Pick #2 from NHL:

Philadelphia - Buffalo 1:1 - Bet Void

Pick: Buffalo ML 2.40 (Gamebookers)

----------

Depleted Flyers visit Buffalo. Buffalo lost last night in Montreal in an equal game, Flyers got blown away by Tampa 3 days ago. Buffalo's got a good record against the Flyers at home, and will try to rebound from a tough loss in Montreal. Flyers will try to do the same, but their current form is not impressive at the moment and I expect them to struggle here. Draw is probable in this game as well, and in this case the stake is returned.

God luck

danielcz
07-01-04, 23:04
OK, one hour still left, although my pick was earlier already on NBAPunter.com

Boston - Orlando (+7) Pick: 2 Odd: 1,91 at Centrebet

Analysis:
http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=536

GL :D

taurus
07-01-04, 23:12
my pick of the day is:

Seattle SuperSonics - Sacramento Kings (-3.5) 2 (Sacramento win), (2.07 @ Expekt)

Kings crushed Sonics with amazingly 31 pts a few nights back and Kings is one of the top teams in NBA and they have won their last 4 matches and 20 of their last 24 games have been won. They have 6 - 6 on the road and they are placed 1st in Pacific div.

The Sonics are placed 3rd in the pacific div. and have 9 - 8 at home.

Personally I rate Sacramento as a better team than the Sonics and I expect that Stojakovic, Bibby, Miller, Divac & co. will cause more troubles to Allen, Lewis and the rest of Sonics. So my pick is Sacramento (-3.5) win.

Macot
07-01-04, 23:40
Hello!
Lets conitnue with our fight for the top!
Picks so far: 4/5 (+329), 4th position.

Pick N6:
*179,5 WAS Wizards v NO Hornets, Over (1.91) Gamebookers!

Explanation: here we are dealing with two teams with attacking orientation, especially NO are always near 100 points margin, and now they will play WASH who recieve more than 90 points per game (11 times out of last 16!) and score 88.3 per game! It already makes about 179 points, but it is minimum!
NO score 92,5 per game!

My expected score here is about 100 NO v 90 WAS and it should make a total of at least 190!!

7/10!

Macot

97:87 FT (184 points) BET WON!!

Jimbo1981
08-01-04, 00:20
My pick of the day:

Dallas - Golden State over 203 @1,91 BAW

Read my prediction:

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=255#18859

Jimbo1981