PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 26/12

Prija
26-12-03, 02:04
I know all moderators are enjoying the Cristhmas right now and they won’t open this thread till morning, but since i won’t be online till evening can you please put it in.Thank you, and i wish you all Merry Cristhmas (i hope Santa has been generous :) ).

Cardif City – Walsall 1, 1.75 @ Gamebookers

I love Englishmen.In these days for me like any others (and for the rest of non-catholic world), it’s hard to see a quality football match.But, tomorrow, it will be a special day for betting as many games look promising along with few matches trasmitted here in Serbia, i see a very pleasant afternoon.
Cardif really needs to bounce back today after some bad results lately especially last home defeat by Millwall had upset the fans.Now even Cardif manager Lennie Lawrence announced he’ll rest some players as he said “to withdraw them from firing lines”.Amongst those players are mentioned Wales defender Danny Gabiddon and first goalie Neil Alexander.
Walsall have been doing fine so far, they are comfortably above the relegation zone, holding the 14-th place.But, most of the good results so far achieved at home, while on the road have not so convincing 2-3-7.Last weekend they drew at home vs. West Ham United.

Sorry, I completely forgot to open the thread this time... tahoma

http://www.payoutwindow.com/payout.gif (http://www.payoutwindow.com/)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

xyzDennis
26-12-03, 02:08
i thot we been through this before...anyways i am waiting for Per or Tahoma to open the tread. :D

Historianis
26-12-03, 08:54
Leeds - Aston Villa 3.45 DRAW with Expekt bet PICK WON 0-0 However this pick is outside the main Competition

In a match like this, where manager of Villa, David O'Leary is returning to his former club, after a statement that he would like Leeds to do well, even accepting not to receive some financials due to his early dismissal some 2 and a half years ago, the expectations will be low.
The two teams have been struggling for form all season, only recently they are putting up some interesting results. Juan Pablo Angel is in top-form for Villa, while Viduka is back in the squad for Leeds, and Sacko and Smith will try to provide the right scoring boots for their home crowd.

I believe the omens in this match point to a draw, a 1-1 possibly. They are certainly not the most attractive teams, they only try to secure themselves in mid table, Leeds would certainly want it after a dismal start. So, my "spot the draw" feeling is backed by these stats:

05/11/2003 Leeds United-Aston Villa 3-1

10/06/2002 Aston Villa-Leeds United 0-0

04/13/2002 Aston Villa-Leeds United 0-1

11/25/2001 Leeds United-Aston Villa 1-1

01/24/2001 Aston Villa-Leeds United 1-2
Could be one of these matches where a lot of missed opportunities will go begging, but there may be marginal goals.I see David O'Leary not wanting to inflict a lot of damage into this Leeds team, but Leeds will try to win, but not in the current form Villa is in.
Confidence 5/10
P.S. I wanted to back a horse race today, but I'll just say I don't facny Jair du Cochet to win in the King George. Pipe or Knight may have last words.

TOMAS
26-12-03, 09:25
HI! EVERYBODY... I JUST CAN´T CONTEIN MYSELF,THIS IS THE ONE :MY BEST CHOICE ITS QUITE RISKY BUT...
LIVERPOOL-BOLTON :BOLTON +0.5 UNIBET:2.00.
I SEE BOLTON TO WIN OR DRAW IN 75% OF POSIBILITIES SO THAT IS THE POINT: ITS MATHEMATIC THIS TIME...

Strelnikow
26-12-03, 09:40
Hi guys,
any information about postponed matches today?
Need them to complete some trebles.
8)

Arbiter Elegantiarum
26-12-03, 09:44
Arsenal(-2) vs Wolverhampton(+2) 1 2,05 @Pinnacle WON

I know it`s stupid to bet on big handicaps while Arsenal could be satisfied with 1-0, juts like MU were in that famous MU-Wolves 1-0 match.

But it`s a Boxing Day in England, I think unique tradition in whole Europe to enjoy sports events on the second day of Christmas. Well tradition like tradition - stadiums are always full and crowd wants to see really good match. Players should keep up to the tradition and make a shows. What comparisments can be done here? All know how weak side Wolves are and how good is Arsenal domesticly. Of course win for Arsenal is priority, 3 points more for title race. Wolves can look for points elsewhere.

In Carling Cup full Wolves side were trashed 5-1 by Arsenal younsters+Vieira, Wiltord and Kanu side....
That`s shows the difference I think.

While all those poeple on the crowd will be looking for good traditional Boxing Day show, Arsenal will go for win and I think will win by couple of goals.

Weity
26-12-03, 09:58
Arsenal - Wolverhampton - over 3 goals @ 2.01 (Pinnacle) 3:0 - bet canceled (again...) :?

Like Arbiter already said - it's a Boxing Day and people would like to enjoy in sport today. So players have to give them same fun today. And I think on Highbury today will be some fun for sure. Arsenal is expected to win easily this match and the handicap is set to -2, so the bookies expect Arsenal to score near 3 goals. I think they can score even 4 today against realy weak defense of Wolverhampton. And if Wolves manage to score then this bet becomes quite an easy one...

Good luck! :wink:

LaVey
26-12-03, 10:17
Leeds United vs Aston Villa X HT 2.10@Interwetten 0-0 HT WON

Leeds United is in uptrend they have two wins and two draws in last six games. At home they are 2-3-4 9-15.
Leeds caretaker-boss Eddie Gray could turn to Matthew Kilgallon after losing Lucas Radebe to a hamstring injury

Aston Villa have 3 wins and 3 losses in last six. Away they are 1-2-6 6-16
Villa boss David O'Leary has to decide whether to persevere with Stefan Moore in preference to Darius Vassell. Dion Dublin's fine form as a striker turned defender may again mean Ronny Johnsen on the substitute's bench

HEAD TO HEAD at Leeds
League: Leeds 17 wins, Villa 8, Draws 14
Prem: Leeds 4 wins, Villa 2, Draws 5

They made 5 draws in last 11 games played at Leeds. It will be a tight match and IMO will be a draw, but someone allready took the draw at FT, and also draw at HT it will be a good bet. (i hope)

Good Luck to All !

John_JUVE
26-12-03, 10:55
Arsenal-Wolves - Pires score anytime - 2.87 Gamebookers

I have to admit that betting in English soccer is not my favorite thing to do but since these days there are not many events to bet on and I left two more bets to make,I 'll try with something risky but I think its worth...
Arsenal shouldn't have a problem today against Wolves,last in standings, so probably they will win scoring many times.I prefer to take a bet on Pires, first because of the good value and secondly because Robert is second scorer in Arsenal with 6 goals behind Henry.

Diadem
26-12-03, 11:06
Birmingham-Man City 2 @ 3.35 by Expekt

After seeing Man City play against Leeds last Monday night I make them my Pick of the day. They dominated this match completely and only because of a stupid mistake by Sommeil did they lose this game. They are lacking in confidence, but hopefully the late equaliser scored on Monday will help them build on this.

UnderOver1979
26-12-03, 11:09
Liverpool-Bolton. My pick for today: Last pick for this month . Boxing day in England. I risk with Liverpool win by 1 goal @ 3.75 sportingbet

I can see here two similar quality teams to compete. Liverpool is not playing well and Owen is out. On the other hand Bolton has good results with the big clubs till now. But, even if draw is very probable, I will pick Liverpool by 1 goal. Why? Is the home factor and the name . 2nd is cannot Bolton manage to cope with difficults all the time. 4/10 stake

26-12-03, 11:10
Flensburg(-9,5)-Pfullingen 1,7 CENTREBET
prediction:1

Flensburg(-9,5)-Pfullingen (http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=292)

PRAG
26-12-03, 11:16
Good afternoon !

My pick of the day for Boxing Day (Friday) is from English Div.1 :

Crewe v Burnley.................... :arrow: 4 goals or more...................3.00 at Ladbrokes

The conservative choice here would've been a simple OVER 2.5 goals, available at 1.87 (Pointbet)... Highly likely, and it keeps you out of trouble since 1X2 today is tradionally like Russian roulette !

I opted for the more rewarding 4+ goals offered by Ladbrokes, since I believe that if OVER 2.5 materialises, it's gonna be by a mile !!! Burnley has now surpassed Ipswich (43-34, total 77 goals) and Wimbledon (24-52, total 76 goals) as the most prolific team in Div.1 in combined for/against goals. They got a total of 79 goals (36-43) in 24 games, easily over 3 goals per game (3.3 to be exact) ! In their last three games they averaged easily over 5 goals (5.33) per game, while Crewe hasn't been doing much worse in that department : last three games averaged 4.33 for them !!! All the above mentioned games were OVERs, and I see nothing changing tonight... as a matter of fact Burnley will keep the Dane, Brian Jensen, at goal despite him being blamed for at least 3-4 out of the five goals conceeded last week at Deepdale (Preston won the Lancashire derby 5-3).

Expected scores : 2-2, 3-2, 2-3, 2-4, 4-2... Pretty wild, huh ???

This Boxing Day is usually more of a gamble than anything else ! Anyway, I wish you all good luck !!!
8) 8) 8)

PICK WON (3-1)

Mistro
26-12-03, 11:24
Hi

since all "my" Arsenal picks already taken :D :wink:
gona go on ManU.

ManU(-1.5)-Everton(+1.5) 1 2.00 Bet365 LOST 3-2...stupid90min goal

Manu are in good form. They usualy win by 2 or more at home.
Last week should also win by 2 or more away to Spurs but missed a lot.
i think they will play for their fans here and give them couple of goals in this holiday time :wink:
With dead-run wih CHE and ARS still underway i think they cannot afford to slip up. I watched Everton in last game and i don`t think they can do a lot here quality diff just to big here.

Mistro

xyzDennis
26-12-03, 11:24
Notts County - Queens Park Rangers ( LOSE - FT : 3-3 ) Somehow QPR took the lead twice and twice gave it up, going 1 beind and then equalised....sigh. Also, picked the only loser yesterday of my 4 picks...what luck. Jeez. Hope you guys had better luck!Pick: 2
Odds: 2.05 @ Globet

After just barely missing out on promotion last season in the playoffs, this season, QPR has come a long way to justify their claims for an automatic promotion spot. Before the last match, which QPR was defeated 2-1, they had gone on a nice 7 match unbeaten run, winning 5 of them in the process. All of the victories were largely deserved and could have managed more than a draw in the other 2. While Oldham's win is a slight blip for QPR's form, I fully expect them to bounce back into a winning habit against one of the poorest sides of Division 2.

Notts County has always flirted with relegation. But this season, it looks real serious now. Even though they have managed to crunch out a few decent results, recently though, they have just accumulated 4 points out of their last possible 15. Lying thrid from bottom, with a horrible strike rate, it is going to be a long hard season for themn to stay up once again. And against QPR, it is certainly not the type of form to be in.

H2H stands at 3/0/1 in favor of QPR. For your info, QPR has been hit by a flu bug, and 5 of its players are doubtful. Their manager would make a last minute decision if it is ok to field them. Nevertheless, I still expect QPR to come away with the win.

Beezeri
26-12-03, 11:46
It's my last pick today and I'll take a little risk here...

Portsmouth - Tottenham Home win @ 2,70 (Expekt) (Win 2-0)

Pompey have been in a free fall since good start to the season. They are now in a 5 game losing streak since 6-1 win over Leeds. They were really strong at home in the beginning but after the injury problems turned up their offence has been really ineffective(have scored only 1 goal during this 5 game streak). Finally injuries are easing off and they can field best eleven possible. Only midfielder Amdy Faye is sidelined.

Tottenham have much bigger problems. Also with injuries. They practically don't have a midfield at the moment. Ziege, Davies, Redknapp are all out. Dalmat and Anderton will have fitness tests today and Gus Poyet & Rohan Ricketts replaces if they fails. Forward Bobby Zamora misses also. Tottenham have a great attcking duo Keane & Kanoute but there's no service for them today...

Visitors have been really struggling at away(1 2 5 5-13). There's not much to expect today either but both teams will fight hard to win this match for sure. Anything is possible but I think Pompey have a little edge advantage here.

Lyd
26-12-03, 12:18
Liverpool - Bolton (0:3/4) :arrow: 1 :arrow: 2,06@Pinnacle

amazing - Lyd have good pick after some time: WON (3-1) ;)

So far, Reds have terrible home record, with four losses on Anfield. Plenty of injuries (and some bad luck) is main problem for them. Now they had one week more rest then the others (postponed match at Wolvehampton), so they should be fresh and eager for this game. Harry Kewell is back in a team and I think he will bring additional spark to Pool's game. Bolton won at Anfield 3-2 in League Cup game few weeks ago, but Reds then played with half-reserve team. They have excellent players in Djorkaef, J.J. Okocha and Jardel, but I think it won't be enough for desperate Liverpool.

Good luck!

Lakini
26-12-03, 12:42
Lakini 12-26 Eisenach Nordhorn A 1.85 5 /10 Unibet

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=120

Won. Nordhorn upset Eisenach 40-29.

WhyNot?
26-12-03, 12:55
don't have much time sorry
i'll risk now...:(

Match: Leeds - Aston Villa
Pick: Scoring Draw @4.00 with gamebookers

Leeds host Aston Villa at home. Villa have recently been on the up with wins in the cup against Chelsea and a great performance away at Blackburn last week. Juan Pablo Angel is on fire!, and probably the form striker in the whole of the Premiership. We therefore don't expect Villa to take nothing away from Elland Road, instead possibly taking a point in a hard fought draw. Expect Villa to score at least once, but Leeds aren't as leaky as they were 2 months ago, and at home we expect them to not allow away teams to take all 3 points that regularly now. Expect good value for a draw here, and possibly try a correct score/first scorer combo with Angel scoring first (1-1 and Angel would give you around 40/1!).

This was taken from a website...sorry...as i said i'm in a rush..
10x
bye

kieron
26-12-03, 13:28
Leicester (+0.5) vs Newcastle (-0.5)

Leicester win with handicap @ 1.86 with Pinnacle

1-1 PICK WON

Really tough to find a pick today but I think this has a great chance considering Newcastle's away form and their over reliance on Alan Shearer to score goals. I like Leicester and their manager is one of the best in my opinion, he is great with the media, the players and with his tactics. As long as they can finish the game with 11 men, I feel they shoould at least earn a point if not win this game against a shoddy Newcastle back line. Leicester won't lose too many at home and there is good value in the 1.86 here, think 1.62 better represents the chances of this bet.

taurus
26-12-03, 14:04
****, I've completely forgotten this today!
anyway, my pick of the day is:

Norwich - Nottingham Forest X, (3.60 @ Expekt) LOST final score: 1-0

Norwich in top form, and topping the league before this match. last match they won 2-0 away against Ipswich. They are a very good home team with 10-1-1 and 24-10 (goals) at home. their new striker Leon McKenzie gets his home-debut today. In his real debut he scored both goals last match. Norwich are big favourites here.

Nottingham Forest can forget about their goal to promotion as they struggle at the moment, and they have sold their top-striker Harewood to West Ham, but they have got his replacement from Gillingham (don't remember his name at the moment :oops: )
ottingham Forest is currently at 17th place. Three key-players will be tested before this match: Michael Dawson, Matthieu Louis-Jean and Gregor Robertson. Nottingham Forest have 3-3-6 and 15-20 (goals) on the road so far.

Norwich is the best team between these two and they shall normally get 3 points from this game, but often surprises happen in these "Chrismas matches" and I have the feeling that Nottingham Forest can surprise here and get one point, so draaw is my pick here.

tahoma
26-12-03, 14:15
Swedish hockey:

Luleċ - HV71 <5.0 goals @ 1.95 (Pinnacle Sports)

Luleċ will probably continue playing their defensive hockey against strong HV71. Luleċ have only scored 7 goals in the last 5 games. HV71 have the strongest defense in the league and the goalkeeper is in great form. The last two meetings this season finished 0-3. I don't have many arguments for this pick, I just think it will be a low-scoring game. Check my other predictions at BA.

Historianis
26-12-03, 14:40
P.S. I wanted to back a horse race today, but I'll just say I don't fancy Jair du Cochet to win in the King George. Pipe or Knight may have last words.[/quote]
Well, just wanting to share with you that I couldn't back this Edredon Blue. It will go on the list of Kazzia (which once I put only 0.75 cents and won convincingly), and Halfbridled which won the Breeder's Cup. I hope some of you backed the Knight horse, or added to a combo, because I couldn't enjoy it.

GaryB
26-12-03, 17:23
Hi All
Hope you are enjoying the Christmas Holidays.
Bet 4 [NBA] Game Points Total
Spurs v Magic: OVER 182.50 @ 1.77 [Centrebet] LOST [181] :(
Two in form teams here who will play with confidence,and there should be plenty of points scored.
Orlando Magic have won seven of their last 10 matches,with two of the last three road games exceeding tonights spread.Up front Tracey McGrady is showing terrific spirit,and scoring freely.
San Antonio Spurs are going for consecutive win No.12 tonight,and Tim Duncan is throwing with tremendous confidence in attack.
The last match between these two teams earlier this month resulted in a game total of 199pts,with those two mentioned attackers McGrady and Duncan dominating the scoring.
I expect something similar again this evening.

GaryB :D

danielcz
26-12-03, 18:26
OK, my last pick in this competition :(

And another one from NBA :D

Washington Wizards - Miami Heat 2 Odd: 2,28 at Pinnacle WON

And analysis as always here:
http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=435

Good Luck.

Satyr
26-12-03, 21:37
Greetings!!!

I hope you had a merry Christmas, and enjoyed moments with your families!

this is my LAST pick for this month, (7/14 now),but I won't risk it much with blasting odds

My pick of the day is Dallas Stars - Nashville Predators.................1(1.80 @ Ladbrokes)2-1 PICK WON

my analysis here.::>

http://www.nhlpunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=214

Good luck to all. :wink:

P.S.Tahoma, the day has come even before I promised(check nhlpunter :D )...

Palini
26-12-03, 22:36
Icehockey, NHL

Detroit-Minnesota OVER 5.5 goals ----> 2.35 @expekt Lost

This looks like a good price in my opinion. Goals seldom comes in big numbers these days, but saturday games for some reason seem to produce more goals, and I think there's a good chance for more than five goals in this game. Detroit could easily score 4-5 goals in this game, and if Minnesota only can produce 1-2, my pick should be correct. Minnesota are by no means a bad team, but Detroit reallt play well at the moment, some prevoiusly injured players are getting back to to the team, christmas is over, players should be pretty rested. I'm sure they will give a good performance in front of their home crowd. But the main reason for this pick is the high odds. It's worth a shot in my opinion.

Macot
26-12-03, 22:58
Hello!
Pick N14!

I think I found great value, but it is a risky one.
Well, my pick is:

YAO MING to be top scorer v Denver (other players included in this bet are Voshon Lenard, Andre Miller and Carmelo Anthony (Denver) and Steve Francis (Houston). CENTREBET @5.25

Carmelo ANTHONY (DEN) 18,4 2003/04, 15,12,24,14,21 (last 5)
Voshon LENARD (DEN) 16,4 2003/04, 24,31,14,19,19 (last 5)
Steve FRANCIS (HOU) 17,6 2003/04, 22,23,14,16,18 (last 5)
Yao MING (HOU) 16,1 2003/04, 18,12,14,21,12 (last 5)

It does not look convincing, is it?
BUT!
Denver have problems with their prime centre, Camby is questionable for the day and even if he plays, I dont think, that he can stop Ming.
And more importantly:
22nd Oct 2003:
Houston v Denver 102:79, Yao MING 29 points in 28 minutes!!! (11/14), he was unstoppable for Denver!

I think, Rockets are going to repeat this day, they will play on Ming, cause he will be unstoppable for Denver centres. So, Voshon and Andre (I did not include him into preview because I think, he only has an outsider chance to win) and Carmelo (slightly injured) will score some 20 points from outside, but Ming should stop at 25 at least!

So, I think, I am going to take risk here, I know that if I fail this pick, I wont be able to fight for the first place any more, but if I make it, I will have favourites chance to win this month!

Good luck!!
:wink:

Macot
26-12-03, 23:03
I have to add this: I am in a good position, because if Anthony does not appear on court (he has problems with injury and is questionable), then this bet is VOID under Centrebet rules.
And if he plays, he wont be able to make more then 20 points (he did not in his last 3 games), but on the other hand, he will take these 20 points off Lenard and Andre Miller!
:lol:
Good luck, all!
:wink: