Lens - Osasuna
2.24 3.00 3.00
from uefa.com background
Midfielder Ludovic Delporte faces a trip home to France as his CA Osasuna side take on his old club, RC Lens, in a UEFA Cup Group D game.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• This is Lens's first game in the UEFA Cup group stage this season.
• Osasuna drew 0-0 at home against SC Heerenveen in their opening Group D game.
• The match will see Osasuna midfielder Ludovic Delporte return to his home country to face his old club, having spent the last six seasons in Spain with Racing Ferrol, Albacete Balompié and, since the summer of 2004, Osasuna.
• Born in Sainte-Catherine-lès-Arras, the 26-year-old started his career at Lens, making his first substitute appearances in the 1998/99 season, but had played just seven Ligue 1 games for the club before leaving for Spain in 2001/02.
• Lens have met Spanish opposition on six previous occasions in their 78-match European history (35 wins, 21 draws, 22 defeats), winning three games, drawing two and losing once.
• At the moment, they have a 100 per cent home record against Spanish opposition having beaten Club Atlético de Madrid, RC Celta de Vigo and RC Deportivo La Coruña at the Stade Félix-Bollaert.
• Pamplona-based Osasuna have played just two games against French opposition, losing 3-1 and drawing 0-0 against Stade Rennais FC in the first round of last season's UEFA Cup.
• In total, Osasuna have played 17 European games, winning four, drawing seven and losing six.
• Heerenveen take on Odense BK in Matchday 2's other Group D game.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.