PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 10/12

tahoma
10-12-03, 03:21
New day filled with interesting Champions League-games!

Don't forget to check my posts in the topic with the standings, there might be personal messages there.

Good luck!

http://www.payoutwindow.com/payout.gif (http://www.payoutwindow.com/)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

norel_invest
10-12-03, 03:38
Game: Real Sociedad v Galatasaray Tip: 2 Odds: 3.75 @ Gamebookers

Due to my recent performances I'm going for a risky bet here. Another Champions League clash with two solid teams.

It's all or nothing for Galatasaray toniight. And we all know Turkish determination. They need all three points in order to qualfy, and I'm sure they can get these points.

Galatasaray have an awfull away record in the Champions League group 0-0-2, but they pulled a nice win in their last match against a surprised Juventus.

Real Sociedad managed good results in this Champions League group, and they will go for points tonight, to ensure their qualification... THeir ranking in the Spanish primera division is quite awfull, having played 7 games since a win they have the worst last 5 games form in the primera.

I see the turkish fans in the streets tonight

Galatasaray win @ 3.75 Gamebookers

Prija
10-12-03, 03:55
I’ll keep it short cause i’m very tired:

Panathinaikos Athens (-7.5) – Unicaja Malaga 1, 1.9 @ Centrebet

The Greens (1-4) are desperate for a win tonight.This group is so strong that ULEB should let more teams advance from it :lol: , since they probably won’t listen to me PAO (and all other teams) will have to win all matches they are favourites.They are without forward Mike Batiste (11.7 ppg) due to injury.
Unicaja (1-4) started to play better since big Sergio Scariolo came month ago.He also brought Unicaja’s best player so far forward Larry Lewis who with PF Walter Herrmann (last year ACB league MVP) will be their main offensive power tonight.Stephen Risacher stayed in Malaga because of injury, and Luis Bullock is questionable.

PRAG
10-12-03, 04:22
Good morning to all early coffee brewers !!!

My pick of the day for Wednesday :

Juventus (AH -1) v Olympiacos Piraeus (AH +1) .................... :arrow: 1......................1.95 at Expect

Those who have been following my arguments in the relevant thread, will have no problem seeing the logic of this pick ! I absolutely preclude a victory for the guests and, to those arguing that Juve "only" needs a draw to secure 1st place, I counter with a crystal-clear picture : Olympiacos will lose exactly because they'll be going for broke... As a matter of fact, I'm so certain they'll sooner or later err and concede goal(s), that I mentioned it "better be sooner to spare us the agony". I expect Juve to win by more than a goal in that scenario and, just in case the winner comes late in the game on a counter, our money will be returned !!!

An extra dimension has been added to this game tonight, by default : following AC Milan's despicable show against (or "for" ???) Celta, I don't think Juve will further risk to exacerbate the situation with UEFA !!! I expect them to do their best against the Greek side, in order to silence any potential "whispers", even if Sociedad is NOT threatening their 1st place position in the other group game... Too bad Olympiacos has to be on the receiving end of a "special" circumstance once more, but I guess this team is used to it by now...

Sorry I don't have the relevant URL with all my comments handy right now, I'll add it in a few minutes...

Tahoma, sorry I'm editing, here's where you can find my prediction : http://bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103518&highlight=#103518

Good luck to all 8)

zik013
10-12-03, 05:00
DYNAMO KYIV @ 2.8 @ Interwetten vs Inter Milan

This is the only chance for Dynamo. A win will take them to the next stage. They played great all their home games and won both of them. In Milan they played good two, but two mistakes by the referee cost the game to Dynamo late in the match.. This time Inter will miss its two of the best defensive players Materrazi and C.Zanetti so i expect Dynamo to score at least 2 goals.. Inter wont score more than one imho..

mikho
10-12-03, 06:11
Hi, I wanted to choose another bet, but it is already taken, so my bet of the day is
Bayern München v Anderlecht Roy Makaay to score anytime @2.00 GB

To be honest, I don't have too much to write, because everyone understands, that this is a must win game for Bayern and I am sure that they will win it. Anderlecht is quite nice team, but don;t think that for motivated Bayern it is something. Main scorers in Bayern are Makaay and Ballack. I think that in this game both will score, but I also think that Makaay will have plenty of chances. He is in great form and is doing well. So here is my bet of the day. Sorry, maybe I haven't wrote too much for users to believe me, but something says to me that this guy will score today.
cheers

Moneymaker
10-12-03, 06:59
Pick for upcoming night:

NBA Washington vs Orlando Pick: Orlando @2.55 :arrow: Pinnacle

Read it here: www.nbatip.com

Moneymaker

Vahid-WENGER
10-12-03, 07:11
my picks for today is :

SAINT ETIENNE - NIORT div 2 FRENCH

HT/FT HOME 3.4 :arrow: AT GAMEBOOKERS

Home team St Etienne have a home record of 4-1-2 (W-D-L) for their 7 home games this season

Away team Niort have an away record of 3-2-2 (W-D-L) for their 7 away games this season

Saint etienne need points and supporter wait for div 1 maximum on next season...they must show they are warriors

all meetings between this 2 teams are 6-1-3

probably under 2.5 but too low odds

GOOD LUCK

C U

Vahid :oops:

danielcz
10-12-03, 08:08
So here another pick from NBA. And as my main pick is already taken, I have to pick handicap here:

Washington Wizards - Orlando Magic (+4,5) 2 Odd: 1,95 at Pinnacle

Take a look at:

http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=310

or on the main prediction

http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=309

Sidenet
10-12-03, 09:00
My pick number 8:

Aek-Monaco 1 3,60 Unibet.

Monaco has already qualified to nex round so they have only group win here at stake.
AEK is motivated to take their first win ever in Champs League and show their home crowd that they can beat the leaders.

casabel
10-12-03, 09:29
AEK Athens - AS Monaco--------->DRAW (3.45GB)

Aek will try to win this one but as i see it the game will end up as a draw.Every time AEK plays at home the draw is very possible once only Eidhoven managed to leave Greece with the whole 3 points.It will be a low scoring game and aek will fight for the 3 points...

G.L

mudkicker
10-12-03, 10:21
today's pick is 8)

ARSENAL vs. LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW Arsenal win -1 handicap @1.95 @expekt

arsenal must win this game!! they are playing @home and lokomotiv is losing 3of 5 last matches...
i think this is easy win 4 arsenal.

btw sorry 4 my latest performance i try always risky things but have no luck this month :( :evil:

Guderian
10-12-03, 10:21
my 6th pick is

Lyon Vs Celtic ht ft 1-1 @ 3,40 at gamebookers.

Lyon is in absolute need for the win over Celtic. They play at Gerlland, in their home ground, in front of their fans and they need the win. Since Celic seems to lose a considerable amount of its strength when playing away, Lyon should find them more easy to win them.

And palyers like Elber and juninho are more than capable to produce the goals for home team. Since Lyon will go for the victory with full strength, I believe they will achieve it from the first half in order to remove some of the pressure over them.

volkov
10-12-03, 10:23
Bucks - Warriors 2 @ 2.9 (William Hill)

Bucks
Overall 9-12; vs Western Conf. 1-5; Home 5-4; Streak lost 3
Warriors
Overall 10-9; vs Eastern Conf. 5-0; Away 2-5; Streak win 2

As stats show two pretty equal teams facing each other this time. I think both teams have more or less the same probability to win this match (but look at the odds!). Bucks have as bad record against western teams as Warriors have on the road. Bucks have lost 5 out of 6 games against western teams by 5 points on average. Really encouraging for me to make this bet is the fact that Warriors have simply smashed their eastern opponents in all 5 games (average +13). Also Warriors have their best squad available (except long-time injures) while Bucks´ Kukoc is out and Thomas is questionable. Surely there must be emotional highlight in Warriors´ team after Richardson´s last-second three-pointer which gave them sweet victory over Wolves last night.

Beezeri
10-12-03, 10:28
Risky pick for today...

Real Sociedad - Galatasaray Draw @ 3,30 (Expekt)

Sociedad cannot lose this match and they will most probably play like that. Avoing all the risks and trying to score if only there will be a very good change. Both teams have scored only a few goals and today the hosts misses best scorer Darko Kovacevic and another key player Javier De Pedro. Oscar De Paula maybe gives more alternatives as a pacy player compared to Kovacevic but he hasn't the goal hunch and positioning ability as Darko has. Keeper Westerweld is also doubtful.

For the visitors Ayhan Akman is suspended and most likely Ovidiu Petre replaces him. Gokhan Berkant will play instead of Romanian striker Florin Bratu who is not registered.

Probable starting lineups:

Real Sociedad:
25-Sander Westerveld or 1-Alberto; 14-Aitor Lopez Rekarte, 2-Bjorn Tore Kvarme, 6-Gabriel Schurrer, 3-Agustin Aranzabal or 22-Lionel Potillon, 17-Igor Gabilondo, 4-Xabi Alonso, 18-Bittor Alkiza, 8-Valery Karpin; 15-Nihat Kahveci, 21-Oscar de Paula

Galatasaray:
1-Faryd Mondragon; 29-Cesar Prates, 5-Frank de Boer, 3-Bulent Korkmaz, 4-Orhan Ak; 55-Sabri Sarioglu, 24-Ovidiu Petre, 67-Ergun Penbe, 11-Hasan Sas; 7-Berkant Goktan, 10-Hakan Sukur

I expect a low scoring match and possible results could be 1-1 or 1-0.

xyzDennis
10-12-03, 10:42
Athens AEK(AH+1/4) v AS Monaco(AH-1/4)
Pick: 2
Odds: 1.85 @ Gamebookers

Today, my pick would be for a scincillating Monaco to register an win in Athens. Yes, even though they have already qualified, they would need to at least match Deportivo's result to top the group and avoid the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United. Why try to match a result when you could go win it? AEK has shown that they are a certain force to be reckoned with in the domestic league, but they have proven that they are way out-classed in the league of 'big-guns'. With nothing to play for in this match, yes not even UEFA spot...other than pride in front of their home fans. But are the home-fans enough you wonder...they drew with Deportivo and lost to PSV. So mixed result there, but 1 thing is for a fact, is that Monaco managed to thrash AEK 4-0 in France...totally out-classed. Not too shameful really, considering how Deportivo managed to get thrashed 8-3 in France and how Monaco put up a gutsy fight in Holland to register an away win there.

Domestically, AEK has not been their usual self, but they are close...a 3 match winning streak at home. Monaco, well they are sweeping all opposition really. Away wins at Marseille and Nantes are no mean feat and on a run of 5 wins in a row, and whole season they have only lost a total of 2 matches in their domestic and Champion's league...and that IS a considerable record considering how they were almost relegated due to financial troubles. As usual...form, quality and even strike rate(AEK only scored once in 5 CL games, Monaco 15...and it is goals that wins games) all points to an easy win for Monaco. And I would just go for just that.

Croatia 385
10-12-03, 10:42
Basketball, ULEB cup:

Prokom (-9,5) - Split (+9,5) HOME WIN, odds 2,00 @ Centrebet

Prediction on the main site ---> http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

otarson
10-12-03, 10:46
Hi,
My first bet of the day is
Dynamo Kiev - Inter Milan 2 @2.45 Unibet

Dynamo Kiev has no wins against italian clubs at home and in away matches. Also Inter needs to win. Today, Inter is in better form than Dynamo. Inter won 1-3 against Juve 2 weeks ago and won against Siena this weekend. Skill of Inter's players is much higher and they are more proffessionals. Here is my simple conclusion, that inter will win.

kieron
10-12-03, 10:52
Arsenal vs Lokomotiv

Under 2.5 goals @ 1.96 with Pinnacle

Arsenal may have slaughtered Inter away but they have still had all sortes of problems in Europe and I'm going to bet they will again have some problems breaking this Loko defence down again. I think they will win but under is the most likely outcome with pressure on Arsenal to score increasing as the match goes on. If they get an early goal then the bet is screwed as Arsenal can relax and will probably pile on the goals but I'm happy to take an even chance that scoring will be tight.

juankaan
10-12-03, 10:55
Match;

ULKER - PAU ORTHEZ
http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada26/peq_111_26.gif VS http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada26/peq_111_21.gif
Pick;

PAU ORTHEZ (+7.5) @1.85 @gamebookers

Analysis;

http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada1/gra_347_19.jpg

AHMET COMERT SPORT HALL

This above is the only advantage for ULKERSPOR ; but you can be sure that this stadium will not be as full as in the past matches...

Match will be 2 hours before GALATASARAY 's CL MATCH and every time when there is a CL MATCH for any turkish side can you devide the fams into 4 , and give 3 for the soccer fans..

ULKER will miss BLAIR and BOOKER , they played without them last weekend in league match and BOOKER will be a big miss..

BLAIR is surely one of the best center's in europe. But Kerem Gonlum and Fatih Solak can be a replacement..
You all know how KEREM GONLUM played last week in euro league...

But Tutku Acik for example is not the right guard for a replacement.. He is good shooter but not a team player.. His only advantage is his big fighting abilities...
But biggest handicap is his turn overs...

PAU-ORTHEZ after a 0-3 , now 2-3 and they surely wanna win this match...

I think everything can happen as this match should be a close game..

I'm ULKER FAN today for sure , but the handicap is too good to bet on PAU ORTHEZ !!!

Hope that ULKER wins with 3-4 points dif...

Let's kick emm all !!!

Usal
10-12-03, 11:05
R. Sociedad v Galatasaray >2.5 @ 1.95 @ gamebookers

Real Sociedad: Westerveld Schürrer Kvarme Aranzabal Aitor Alkiza Alonso De Pedro (Gabilondo) Karpin De Paula Nihat
Galatasaray: Mondragon Bülent Frank De Boer Tamas H.Ünsal Ergün Petre Sabri Hasan Berkant H. ***350;ükür

with tamas at the back of gs i see an over match coming as both teams lack defensive organization
but playing for one of them is very risky since draw is also a consideration for both.

07 Dec 03 Real Sociedad v Real Betis 0:4
29 Nov 03 Murcia v Real Sociedad 2:2
25 Nov 03 Olymp. Piraeus v Real Sociedad 2:2
08 Nov 03 Deportivo v Real Sociedad 2:1
02 Nov 03 Real Sociedad v Barcelona 3:3
21 Oct 03 Juventus v Real Sociedad 4:2
18 Oct 03 Albacete v Real Sociedad 3:1
08 Oct 03 Real Oviedo v Real Sociedad 1:2
05 Oct 03 Real Sociedad v FC Sevilla 1:1
30 Sep 03 Galatasaray v Real Sociedad 1:2
02 Sep 03 Real Sociedad v Celta de Vigo 1:1
30 Aug 03 Espanyol v Real Sociedad 1:1
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
06 Dec 03 Istanbulspor v Galatasaray 3:1
28 Nov 03 Galatasaray v Malatya 2:2
22 Nov 03 Denizlispor v Galatasaray 2:1
09 Nov 03 Galatasaray v Ankaragucu 2:1
04 Oct 03 Galatasaray v Sebatspor 4:3
30 Sep 03 Galatasaray v Real Sociedad 1:2
21 Sep 03 Galatasaray v Fenerbahce 2:2
17 Sep 03 Juventus v Galatasaray 2:1
31 Aug 03 Galatasaray v Genclerbirligi 2:1
23 Aug 03 Bursaspor v Galatasaray 2:2
17 Aug 03 Gaziantepspor v Galatasaray 1:2
09 Aug 03 Galatasaray v Diyarbakir 2:1

Pitersson
10-12-03, 11:45
PSV Eindhoven - RC Deportivo La Coru***324;a 1 @ 2.40 /Expekt/

PSV needs to win with 2 goals spread at least. It will be very though mission, Deportivo will take defending tactics probably. But PSV is able to win in my opinion, last week they did a little test in game versus Volendaam and... they won 7:0! PSV has nothing to lose, if they'll lose this game they will play in UEFA Cup. But I think they will play very offensive and try to win 2:0 at least. So in my opinion home win is very probable outcome. Deportivo have poor attack, scores not often, they focus on the defence. Everybody remember the effect of such tactics in game at Monaco. I don't expect this situation can repeat, but home win is a good pick on this game.

strandns
10-12-03, 11:53
Arsenal v Lokomotiv Moscow 0:1 X 3.80 @gamebookers

As always in CL, i expect Arsenal to find it difficult again.
Henry is not yet sure, if he would play he probably won't be 100%, and that is a huge blow for the team, they are deppending too much on him.
Viera is back, for Lokomotiv Izmailov bsck, so pretty much fool squads.
Arsenal by 2 is just too much for me, after so many dissapoints from them.

Dutchy
10-12-03, 12:07
:arrow: Kezman to score more than Pandiani
:arrow: Centrebet
:arrow: 3,35

With 4 goals against poor Volendam Kezman proved to be in form. He's scoring a lot of goals like always in the Dutch Championship, but hasn't scored a single goal in this season's Champions League campaign. IMHO, it's just waiting for it, because he scores that much that it will happen someday. And why not today? PSV has nothing to lose, needs a win with two goals difference, and I don't see Depor doing anything else than defending and waiting for counters. So a great opportunity for Kezman to score in Europe, and with his servants on the flanks (Rommedahl and Robben) back from injury he will get enough chances to do the job!

John_JUVE
10-12-03, 12:30
Juve-Olympiakos Trezeguet score anytime 2.10 BET365

Since best picks are taken so far,I 'll risk with this.
I think Juve definitely will win this one,no matter Greek players are saying...
Lippi will start with Trezeguet and Miccoli,so I pick for David to score at least once.
I dont have a lot to say about this pick coz some things are obvious...
Juve will score at least once and if first goal will be in first 30 min ,its very probable a lot to come until the end...
So Trezeguet is a No1 candidate for a scorer tonight...

taurus
10-12-03, 12:41
My pick of the day:

Juventus - Olympiakos X (3.95 @ Expekt)

Juventus on top of the group and need only 1 point to secure the 1st place. Normally these Italian teams get exactly what they need/go for, nothing more and nothing less. I expect that Juve will rest some players like; Thuram, Zambrotta, Nedved, Davids, Del Piero (maybe) and Buffon.
At home in CL they have 2-0-0 and 6-3 (goals).

Olympiakos can in theory get the 3rd place that will give them UEFA-Cup place, but they have to win this one and Galatasaray have to lose. Stoltidis will not play and maybe they will rest some players too...
They struggle, however, BIG TIME in away matches in European cup.

Juve is BIG favourites here, but I take a risky bet that Juve will only get that 1 point they need. So a draw is my pick here.

10-12-03, 13:19
Euroleague

Alba-Benetton(-5) 1,9 CENTREBET

prediction:2

Benetton should win (http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306)

baronvon
10-12-03, 13:57
CL : PSV Eindhoven - Deportivo La Coruña pick: over @ 1,87 Unibet

PSV need a win, minimum 2-0 or by 3 goals. Striker Mateja Kezman is good form. He hit four goals against Volendam. PSV must attack and try to scores early goal. This is the chance for Deportivo's counter attacks. I belive in high scoring result.

loyalblue
10-12-03, 14:06
Arsenal v Lokomotiv Moscow - 1st goal after 28th minute @2.00 (Bet365)

Lokomotiv will aim to frustrate Arsenal by sitting back and playing counter-attacking football as they only need a point from this game. This is a massive game for Arsenal and there are bound to some nerves amongst supporters and players alike. Therefore, I look to a cautious start before they break into their stride. Eventually, Henry and Co. will find the Russian net but I expect the disciplined Loko defence to hold out for atleast the first 28 minutes. This looks like a good UNDER too.

Maple Leafs
10-12-03, 14:06
France - Austria 1

After the big desillusion yesterday the team is very motivate !
I don't feel any surprise here, it is for that i have bet 100 units on France at 1,17 GB

France have the strongest defense of the two groups. They must win to continute their road for the qualification.

The odds are poor, sure. But it is SURE BET !

mj_air
10-12-03, 14:20
Dynamo Kijów - Inter Under 2.5 (1.70) @ UNIBET

I know that difference between these two teams is huge, but I don't see italians to play good in this time of year in Ukraine. They will concantrate on defence. I don't think they can pull from Kiev more then 1 goal.

On other hand- Dynamo. In my opinion they will not have much chance against that good team and max what they can get is again- 1 goal. I will be VERY suprised if they score more 8O

I'm confident- this will be a low scoring game. At least I hope so ;)

LaVey
10-12-03, 14:40
FC Bayern Munich vs Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht 1 1.44@Ladbrokes

This is must win situation for Bayern. They already had an early exit from CL last year, and another loss this this year is too much for a club like Bayern. Also they have a stronger team than Anderlecht. Anderlecht lost both matches played away.
Bayern (prob) line up:Kahn; Linke, Sagnol, Kuffour, Lizarazu; Ballack, Hargreaves, Salihamidzic; Santa Cruz, Pizarro and Makaay
Anderlecht (prob) line up:Zitka - Zewlakow, Kompany, Tihinen, Deschacht – De Boeck, Hasi, Baseggio, Kolar - Aruna, Mornar

Good luck to all !

Donkey
10-12-03, 14:42
PROKOM (Poland) [-7,5] - SPLIT (Croatia) 1 @1,90
[centrebet]

Prokom and Lietuvos are two the best teams of the Group F. Prokom in Poland lost only one time and result are good enough to beat not so strong Split. In ULEB Cup they minimally lost with Lietuvos, rest are big diffrence victories.

Both team results:
Lietuvos - Prokom 70-67
Prokom - Cholet 86-65
Ionikos - Prokom 61-83
Brighton - Prokom 57-68

Brighton - Split 86-87
Split - Lietuvos 65-84
Cholet - Split 88-72
Split - Ionikos 84-75

GLTA!~
Donkey

Lakini
10-12-03, 14:56
FA Göppingen to beat Grosswallstadt @1.95 Centrebet

Göppingen had no problems to beat Grosswallstadt in the last years, but in their last games they had huge problems - and are at the bottom of the table.
Now experienced coach Mijatovic took over at Göppingen to help Göppingen winning over former champion of the 80ies TV Grosswallstadt. Exzellent odds of 1.95 @Centrebet.

Historianis
10-12-03, 14:58
Hoping the Stars recover and act like world stars instead of just Dallas's team, this is my 5/10 pick today:
Phoenix - Dallas 2.45 Away win for Dallas with odds from Expekt bet

Not surprisingly, the odds compilers couldn't really split the teams, 2.40 for Phoenix. However, the fact that the Coyotes have not won against the Stars for 8 games, there has to be a factor which Dallas has to explore here.
Dallas top scorer Bill Guerin will have to step up and combine with Modano, the captain. Just this past November, these teams met in Dallas with Stars winning 5-2. Modano and Lethinen were the shining pick of that game.
This match is on Coyotes' turf, but in that last game here is a quote from one of their players:
"On the road, late in the game, a team like Dallas is going to keep it simple," said Hulse, who scored his first goal of the season. "That makes it hard to get anything going."
Given these remarks, you'd figure Coyotes have learned something and were looking ahead. This is the first of 3 games in Phoenix between the two, and Dallas is looking for a win to lift their morale, as they are last placed in their division. Tentative, but I trust the Stars.

footshake
10-12-03, 15:16
Bayern München v Anderlecht :arrow: Ivica Mornar to score at anytime @ 4.00 (gamebookers)

Bayern has to win and they will field a very offensive side with Makkaay, Santa Cruz and Pizarro.
Anderlecht needs a draw to qualify, Hugo Broos announced they will not dig in and both Mornar and Aruna will play.
Mornar is the striker in form for anderlecht and always supermotivated in this kind of matches.

The Gravedigger
10-12-03, 15:20
Well,my pick will be opposite then JK`s so we`ll see who`s right :D

Ulker (-5,5) - Orthez (+5,5) 1 @ 1.9 Centrebet

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

tahoma
10-12-03, 15:25
Oh, the basketball-experts opposing each other! Let's see who's the winner! Maybe both? (89-82) :wink:

Per
10-12-03, 15:27
I'm jumping staright in here with a high-flier:

PSV Eindhoven-Deportivo La Coruña: PSV to win by one goal @3,60 with Gamebookers.

PSV needs a 2-goal winning margin to climb above Depor in the table. Probably a highscoring game with Depor doing what they like away from home: lurking for a counterstrike while hitting hard in midfield. But the form has been murky lately and thanks to Kezman's scoring abilities(or the space he creates for his teammates) PSV will certainly score, probably also Depor.
And as I need some points in the race (it's winner takes it all) and as I sincerely think PSV will pull through for a win I'll see them winning but still not make the quarterfinals.

alexander HRH
10-12-03, 15:33
Lyon v Celtic

Celtic currently is first on the table in this grope (on goal difference)
They only need a draw to go through to the next stage

They lost all of their away games 1:2 at Beyern Munchen and 0:1 at Anderlecht.

Celtic will miss in this game three important players A. Thompson - suspended - , while the French player Didier Agathe and Mc Namara are both injured

Lyon will have their full squad available they are in a must-win situation to qualify automatically to the next stage

With home advantage and Celtic important missing players with bad away results

I see Lyon not losing this game in front of there fans they will go for the win and they can achieve it with players like Elber, Juninho, Edmilson, Govou

Probable lineups

Lyon: Coupet; Deflandre, Cacapa, Edmilson, Reveillere, Diarra, Juninho, Govou, Maoluda, Luyindula, Elber.

Celtic: Hedman; Mjallby (Valgaeren), Baldé, Varga, Miller (Sylla), Lennon, Petrov, Gray, Sutton, Larsson, Hartson.

Prediction

Home win odds 1.90 www.betandwin.com

Best Regards

lacky
10-12-03, 15:35
First Team to score PSV 1.65 at gamebooker
PSV mast atack on this game beachose he neads a vicory of 2 goals more then Lacoruna .
They are in good form after the 7:0 win in league(4 goals by Kezman)
Kezman didnot score in last 13game in CL and now he have a big chance.
Good lack

botev
10-12-03, 15:52
My pick of the day is Breil Milano v Lukoil Academic home win @1.38 in Gamebookers After 4 wins in first 4 games for Academic this is most difficult game vs best team in this group. After lose in Germany last week Breil must win this game if they want to finish at first place in group (and play with not so strong opponent ). But most important for this game is fact that super center of Academic- P.L.-222sm have health problems and it's very possible not to play tonight or play but few minutes.
That is why this is very good bet and it is realy pick of the day.

Bridges
10-12-03, 15:57
Germany - Ukraine 1 @ 2,15 (Expekt)

Germany was a bit unlucky to lose against Norway, they played well in 1.half but Norway made it in the end. But it was a quit good match by the german and they are on a high level when thay on their best. Very stong in defence and against Norway was they good in attack too. They are with Hungary and Norway the 3 best teams in this group. Ukraine got a good start one the tournament when they won against norway, but Norway wa as usal very poor in their first match were they rested lot of players, and with draw against Romania did they get 3 points to phase too and after winning against Slovenia are they still leasing the group but im quit coninst that Ukraina and Slovenia is the poorest teams in this group and that they will get big problems against Germany. the bookies are disagree whos the favorite but i thinck Germany is the best team and will win and Ill like the odds by Expekt.

champ1905
10-12-03, 16:38
BAYERN MUNICH-ANDERLECHT 1(-1) 1.90@ sportingbet

bayern have to win after being at bottom.they have to save their prestige.they were also last at last year group.Anderlecht is performing very well at local league.bayern will play with 3 forwards makaay,pizarro,santa cruz.after eliminated german teams at uefa all germany will behind them with stuttgart imo.

DUDAS
10-12-03, 16:43
Real Sociedad vs Galatasaray 4+ goals @3.5 Ladbrokers

Both commands play in the attack football and much ram and miss. On this moment nor one of the commands guaranteed itself place in following round, so must be of interest play, And if will be a quick goal, it will cause other goals for itself.

All these findings speak that 4+ good rate for the risk.

GOOD LUCK!!!

_Kap
10-12-03, 17:08
My pick for tooday:
Lyon (-1) - Celtic HOME WIN 3.20 at Ladbrokes
Lyon playing at home much better than Celtic away.
In this game Lyon need ONLY WIN!
Draw (or loss) this game may be close doors to Eurocups for Lyon.
Lyon must play for win from 1st minute and score fast goal.

Catastrophe
10-12-03, 17:09
My pick for today is,,

There will be 18 goals max. tonight in CL. :arrow: 1.85 @ interwetten

The last day of first stage in CL.
These matches very important for every team.
All teams will be careful ..
Some teams need just a draw. And this means likely defensive play.

tahoma
10-12-03, 17:36
My pick for today is,,

There will be 18 goals max. tonight in CL. :arrow: 1.85 @ interwetten

The last day of first stage in CL.
These matches very important for every team.
All teams will be careful ..
Some teams need just a draw. And this means likely defensive play.
I was going to take the same bet! :( Anyway, all games under 19.5 goals is also available at Pinnacle Sports @ 2.00. Hope you're right about this one!

Walden
10-12-03, 18:03
Lyon vs Celtic AH +0.5 goal pick 2 at 1.9 Olympic

I think this is two more or less equal team. Celtic lost two away matches so far, but Lyon is not invincible at home either. A bit home court advantage, but nothing big. A lot of the people remember the Lyon vs Toulouse match right?

I trust Martin O'Neill will adopt the right strategy. Pick 2. For a draw, you still win. That's all Celtic is asking for.

Good luck!

BEDRI
10-12-03, 18:31
my pick for today is:

PSV-La Coruna draw 3.25 @Expekt

I think that PSV won't make it tonight.La coruna is to strong to lose this one.They need to win 2-0 or more I guess!They won't score early and they'll get nervous,and la coruna have a chance,but I don't think they'll use it;if they do they'll relax and psv will make it to the draw.

Diadem
10-12-03, 18:52
Juventus-Olympiakos x2 @ 2.4 by Interwetten

My pick of the day is Olympiakos to draw or win against an already qualified Juventus. As we saw last night in Milan, you can usually depend om the Italiens to just kick the ball around when they are already through. Plus the fact that in their last couple of games Juventus have looked very tired. So I go for a another Greek surprise here. Good Luck!

Nikko
10-12-03, 19:13
Real Sociedad - Galatasaraj X 3.1 @ Bet365
Real don't need to attack too much...also Galatasaraj can't win so...a draw here is very possible...

Nikko
10-12-03, 19:16
My second pick is
Lyon - Celtic X 3.00 @ Bet365
Lyon isn't highest class team in Europe and Celtic can get a draw here,that will make them through...

dragon
10-12-03, 19:33
3rd pick from NBA:
LA Clippers @ 3.38 (Pinnacle) vs Dallas Mavericks
LA Clippers already got Elton Brand, their main player, back. And in the last two games, they put up a good fight against two big teams, Minn. and Sac, especially against Minn. where they lost due to a last second jumper by Garnett. Thus, there's no reason to give such a big odd to Clippers. I know that Nowitzki is expected to return today for Dallas, but playing away, Dallas is not very strong. So, take the odd, if you are afraid, take the handicap +7.5 instead.

tahoma
10-12-03, 19:46
Lyon - Celtic <2.5 @ 1.80 (Unibet)

Read my comments in this (http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13975) topic.

Maple Leafs
10-12-03, 19:54
Lyon - Celtic, Juninho to score the first goal or the last goal @ 9,00 GB

Celtic wil play ultra defensive football tonight. It will have a lot of free-kicks. May be penalty...

Juninho is the specialist. Luyindula too when Juninho don't feel it.

This is a good value.

I the same way, Juninho to score a goal during this game is at 3,00 GB.

If prefer take 1 unit on first goal and 1 unit on last goal :wink:

2 units with possible profit of 7.

Wootty
10-12-03, 19:55
PSV V Deportivo - 0 - 3 Yellow Cards @ CentreBet @ 2.40

Good oddshere in my opinion. PSV will be full attack which will leave them vulnerable in defence, so in my opinopn there just won't be as many lunging tackles going in as usual as they wont want ot give away free kicksd in dangerous areas because they need to win by three goals! Deportivo just need to shut up shop, and also do not want to give supid penalties, or free kicks away as goals could be scored. Good odds.

Bazanel
10-12-03, 20:29
MILANO - LUKOIL ACADEMIC 2(+6) @ 1.90 Centrebet

It's the 5th round of Uleb Cup. Milan have 3-1 record , but they arn't on their best game now , they lose last game in their championship to Napoli , and they are on the 11th place now. Lukoil Academic have 4-0 record , and it's very good for them , maybe , it's the surprise of the group A , in Uleb Cup. Some infos from teams , Milan added Martin Rancik , he didn't play much time , but last year , he scored around 10 points per game. And Lukoil Academic , will be with Braynt Smith , he is good player , and in last game in bulgarian championship he scored 33 points ( Lukoil Academic – Yambolgas 99-88 ). So , i hope , that Lukoil Academic will win today with (+6) handicap.

Satyr
10-12-03, 21:43
My pick of the day is:::::::>

NHL
ATLANTA THRASHERS-LA KINGS.....OVER 5,5 goals......2.10 @Pinnacle Sports

my analysis::>

http://www.nhlpunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=191>

Jeries
10-12-03, 22:50
Code Description Sel. Banker Odds R.45' R.90'
578 AEK - Monaco X2 1.22 (-) (-)
579 Arsenal - Lokomotiv Moscow 1 1.35 (-) (-)
580 Dynamo Kiev - Inter 1X 1.47 (-) (-)
581 Bayern Munchen - Anderlecht 1 1.40 (-) (-)
582 Juventus - Olympiakos 1 1.42 (-) (-)
583 Lyon - Celtic Glasgow 1 1.90 (-) (-)
584 Psv Eindhoven - La Coruna Over 1.75 (-) (-)
585 Real Sociedad - Galatasaray Under 1.85 (-) (-)
Stake EUR 20.00 Amount won EUR 0.00

that was my best bet toinght ,and I got all the 8 games right like always :lol: great money :)

Per
10-12-03, 23:00
Real Sociedad - Galatasaraj X 3.1 @ Bet365
Real don't need to attack too much...also Galatasaraj can't win so...a draw here is very possible...

Guess you haven't read the rules Nikko, it's just one pick per day in the competition and you have to motivate your pick more then a one-liner.
So I'm sorry but your winning draw wont stand in the competition.

varganya
10-12-03, 23:48
Per guess Nikko did pick second because realised soc-gal x was taken
and Maple Leafs has already won on france (hanball) sure scorer ot lyon game was good :wink:

doberman
11-12-03, 00:45
FA Göppingen to beat Grosswallstadt @1.95 Centrebet

God bless Lakini.....Hab die Ehre! :wink:

Eugenius
11-12-03, 00:47
Another NHL pick from me:

Philadelphia Flyers - Columbus Blue Jackets +.5 --- at 2.27(Pinnacle)

Columbus is a very good home team and have scored 2 or more goals in 15 out of 17 games at home this year. Philly didn't play well at all in their last game against Montreal and won only due to a couple of lucky bounces in the end of the game. First time all year Philly goalie Hackett is going to start in 3rd straight game and Flyers also playing their 4th game in 6 night whereas Columbus had 3 days of rest at home. Flyers also might be looking to a home/away against NJ Devils in their next two games and might be a little flat today. I think it will be enough for Columbus to get at least a tie and possibly even win this game...

Final score prediction: Columbus - Philadelphia 2-2

Jimbo1981
11-12-03, 01:05
My pick of the day:

Dallas - LA Clippers over 203,5 @1,91(Gamebookers)

In my opinion a clear over here. Dallas is always good for a lot of points in offense and in defense and LA Clippers too. The last matches between the teams are often over results, so i expect 220 or more points here.

Let's see...

Greetings, Thomas

taurus
11-12-03, 01:14
My pick of the day:

Juventus - Olympiakos X (3.95 @ Expekt)

Juventus on top of the group and need only 1 point to secure the 1st place. Normally these Italian teams get exactly what they need/go for, nothing more and nothing less. I expect that Juve will rest some players like; Thuram, Zambrotta, Nedved, Davids, Del Piero (maybe) and Buffon.
At home in CL they have 2-0-0 and 6-3 (goals).

Olympiakos can in theory get the 3rd place that will give them UEFA-Cup place, but they have to win this one and Galatasaray have to lose. Stoltidis will not play and maybe they will rest some players too...
They struggle, however, BIG TIME in away matches in European cup.

Juve is BIG favourites here, but I take a risky bet that Juve will only get that 1 point they need. So a draw is my pick here.

WOW!!!! Today I was estremely lucky with my pick!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

varganya
11-12-03, 04:33
Volokov`s pick Golden State - Milwaukee

(0:00) End Period
(0:00) [GOS] Team Rebound
(0:00) [GOS] Dunleavy Jump Shot: Missed
(0:02) [GOS] Team Timeout: Short
(0:02) [MIL] Jones Substitution replaced by Santiago
(0:02) [GOS] Claxton Substitution replaced by Dunleavy
(0:02) [GOS] Robinson Substitution replaced by Dampier
(0:02) [GOS] Team Timeout: Regular
(0:02) [GOS] Richardson Rebound (Off:2 Def:2)
(0:02) [MIL] Ford Layup Shot: Missed
(0:17) [MIL] Gadzuric Substitution replaced by Jones
(0:17) [MIL] Team Timeout: Regular
(0:17) [GOS 87-87] Van Exel Layup Shot: Made (19 PTS)
(0:38) [MIL 87-85] Smith Layup Shot: Made (9 PTS)
(0:38) [MIL] Smith Rebound (Off:4 Def:6)