07 Oct 15:00 Brentford v Bristol City 2.50 3.20 2.50

07 Oct 15:00 Crewe v Gillingham 1.80 3.30 4.00

07 Oct 15:00 Leyton Orient v Chesterfield 2.30 3.25 2.75

08 Oct 13:30 Brighton v Blackpool 1.90 3.25 3.60

08 Oct 14:00 Port Vale v Rotherham 1.90 3.25 3.60

Bet365

anotha mug
05-10-06, 10:09
yeovil are playing very well under manager russell slade and are a very generous 28 to one in the league, quarter the odds top three with betfred.

While Yeovil have really found their form and are unbeaten in five, in fact their only defeats this season have come against forest and tranmere.
Cheltenham meanwhile have gone five league games without a win and this seems like a good little home banker despite the short odds, either one to increase your betting account money or one to combine in a double or treble. Certainly take a look at those odds for a team in a league where no real side stands out as quality and teams like doncaster or huddersfield or somehow a lower price despte very indifferent (at best) starts.

anotha mug
05-10-06, 10:21
Oldham and doncaster is very interestingly priced. You could look at this game two ways, one Oldham are the form side in the league with four wins and two draws in the last six, while doncaster have no wins under the last six. Then 21/10 seems interesting odds. Then again on the other hand doncaster have drew five of those six and oldham don't have the greatest home record.
I would be looking at the 11/10 draw no bet with bet365 as I don't see Oldham losing this, but doncaster might just grind out a draw and oldham have a couple of draws in the last few away games also.

anotha mug
05-10-06, 10:29
In terms of the final two friday games swansea v tranmere seems priced well. Swansea are very hit and miss but have the firepower to suprise anyone on their day, tranmere might be up their but they haven't won in three and don't seem good value here.
Northampton stand out at 12/5, although they were awful in losing at home last week to Vale they are a much better away side and have a wonderful away record, bournmouth have struggled since their manager left, though anderton seems to have bedded in well to their team. With Bournmouth capable of quiet a few draws I'd again be looking at either the outright bet or the 6/4 draw no bet, again with bet365.
Be back tomorrow morning to look at saturday's games.

eidur_22
05-10-06, 10:39
Huddersfield at Bradford cought the eye, for me.
Carlisle at home to Millwall another I might fancy.
Also Bristol City at Brentford looks just about value.
This is without doing any homework ofcourse - plenty to look into. Just prices that cought the eye.

Daikoku
06-10-06, 04:11
I'm liking Oldham but I'm going to hold off to see if I can get any more news on the Doncaster team situation. Here's an article from http://www.doncastertoday.co.uk/

SEAN O'Driscoll is facing an injury crisis as he attempts to bounce back from his first loss when Rovers entertain League One form team Oldham Athletic at Belle Vue tomorrow night.

Defenders James O'Connor, Adam Lockwood and Gareth Roberts are all doubtful and midfield ace James Coppinger has not trained all week with a groin injury.

Jan Budtz has been struck by the Doncaster goalkeeping jinx again and could miss out with an infected toe.

O'Driscoll has already made inquiries about bringing in a keeper on loan if Budtz does not make it but said he would have no qualms about handing a first team debut to 20-year-old Ben Smith if necessary. Smith kept a clean sheet in Tuesday night's reserve win at Darlington where Bruce Dyer scored the only goal of the game. Midfield anchorman Kevin Horlock also played in the match along with Sean Thornton, Jonathan Forte, Mark McCammon and Jason Price.

O'Driscoll said that he was a long way off being able to name a starting line up because of the injury problems and, at this stage, everyone was in contention.

On the plus side skipper Graeme Lee is available again after being suspended for last Saturday's derby clash at Scunthorpe which resulted in a dismal 2-0 defeat as Rovers turned in a performance that was way below par. The Doncaster boss admitted that the display had been a "big disappointment" and added: "I wish I didn't have to say that." He said: "You know when you are on an unbeaten run you are going to lose some time. "But when that time comes you hope that you are able to say at least we went about the job in the right way and gave it everything.

"Unfortunately we couldn't say that - and that's what is disappointing.
"I can understand the fans' frustration when the team plays like that - and I share those feelings. "But it goes without saying that players don't get up in the morning to go out and play badly. "In just the same way I don't get out of bed to pick the wrong side, choose the wrong tactics or play the wrong formation. "We all want to win but we are all human and sometimes it doesn't work out the way we would hope. "But it depends how you react when those setbacks come along - and that's why it's important how we play on Friday night."

O'Driscoll added: "All I can say is that the attitude of the players has been exemplary so far and I'm sure they will be going all out to put things right against Oldham."

Oldham, managed by former Rovers player John Sheridan, are undefeated in their last six games and are the only side to beat leaders Nottingham Forest.But O'Driscoll was the last manager to send out a side to defeat them when Bournemouth clinched a 3-2 victory over Oldham early last month.
He said: "It will be difficult because they are a good side that like to play football. "But if we play as well as we did going forward in our last match against Bradford we will give them something to think about."
Club chairman John Ryan has announced that the last match at Belle Vue before the move to a new stadium will be a testimonial on December 28 for Brian Makepeace - one of the best full backs in the club's history - who made almost 400 first team appearances from 1951-61

Doubtful Players

Goalkeeper

Jan Budtz* (infected toe) - Played in last 6 games for Doncaster

Defence

James O'Connor* (muscle strain) - 11 appearances
Adam Lockwood* (back) - 12 appearances
Gareth Roberts (back) - 11 appearances

Midfield

James Coppinger* (groin strain) - 12 appearances, 3 goals

*Played in last match

Daikoku
06-10-06, 04:12
I've also got an interest in Bournemouth. This article is from http://www.northantsnews.com/

LEE HARPER is on the verge of a recall to the Cobblers first team tomorrow night ***8211; and manager John Gorman has every faith the goalkeeper will do the business if he is required.

Mark Bunn has been a regular fixture between the sticks since replacing the experienced Harper in the third game of the season, but is a doubt ahead of the trip to Bournemouth after picking up a side strain.

It's one of a catalogue of injuries to the Cobblers squad, with Sean Dyche and Jerome Watt both struggling with hamstring strains and Joe Burnell and Andy Holt out of contention despite resuming training this week.
"If Lee Harper comes in I am totally confident he will do well for us," said Gorman, who may take youth-team goalie Chris Dunn to Dean Court as back-up, along with fellow youngster Danny May.
"He has trained really well and shown a first-class attitude for the whole season. It's a similar situation to the one with Sean Dyche earlier in the season where he was left out but came back into the side and did really well.
"The coaching staff have been giving me good reports about him and I'd have no problems putting him back in because we know what he is capable of."
With Brett Johnson also still out, it could mean a return to the centre of defence for Luke Chambers, with Pedj Bojic the leading candidate to take over at right-back.

Gorman knows his squad will be in considerably better shape next week, but has not ruled out another loan signing and has a decision to make over whether to extend Mitchell Cole's loan from Southend.

"Next week we should get Joe (Burnell), Andy Holt and young Brett (Johnson) all back but they're no help for the Bournemouth game," said the Town chief.
"Bringing in someone else is a possibility but that won't happen for another week yet and we can't really say who we are after at this stage.
"There are a few we're looking at. "We also need to make a decision about Mitchell because his month with us runs out. I need to speak to Southend because there's every chance they will want him back there."

Doubtful and missing Players

Goalkeeper

Mark Bunn (side strain) - Doubtful - 11 appearances

Defence

Sean Dyche* (hamstring strain) - Doubtful -10 appearances
Joe Burnell - Definitely out - 9 appearances last played 9th September
Brett Johnson - Definitely out - 1 appearance last played 22nd August

Midfield

Jerome Watt* (hamstring strain) - Doubtful - 2 appearances 4 substitute appearances
Andy Holt - Definitely out - 5 appearances last played 29th August

Forward

James Quinn* (International duty) - Definitely out - 3 appearances 8 substitute appearances

*Played in last match

Binny
06-10-06, 08:15
I've also got an interest in Bournemouth. This article is from http://www.northantsnews.com/

LEE HARPER is on the verge of a recall to the Cobblers first team tomorrow night and manager John Gorman has every faith the goalkeeper will do the business if he is required.

Mark Bunn has been a regular fixture between the sticks since replacing the experienced Harper in the third game of the season, but is a doubt ahead of the trip to Bournemouth after picking up a side strain.

It's one of a catalogue of injuries to the Cobblers squad, with Sean Dyche and Jerome Watt both struggling with hamstring strains and Joe Burnell and Andy Holt out of contention despite resuming training this week.
"If Lee Harper comes in I am totally confident he will do well for us," said Gorman, who may take youth-team goalie Chris Dunn to Dean Court as back-up, along with fellow youngster Danny May.
"He has trained really well and shown a first-class attitude for the whole season. It's a similar situation to the one with Sean Dyche earlier in the season where he was left out but came back into the side and did really well.
"The coaching staff have been giving me good reports about him and I'd have no problems putting him back in because we know what he is capable of."
With Brett Johnson also still out, it could mean a return to the centre of defence for Luke Chambers, with Pedj Bojic the leading candidate to take over at right-back.

Gorman knows his squad will be in considerably better shape next week, but has not ruled out another loan signing and has a decision to make over whether to extend Mitchell Cole's loan from Southend.

"Next week we should get Joe (Burnell), Andy Holt and young Brett (Johnson) all back but they're no help for the Bournemouth game," said the Town chief.
"Bringing in someone else is a possibility but that won't happen for another week yet and we can't really say who we are after at this stage.
"There are a few we're looking at. "We also need to make a decision about Mitchell because his month with us runs out. I need to speak to Southend because there's every chance they will want him back there."

Doubtful and missing Players

Goalkeeper

Mark Bunn (side strain) - Doubtful - 11 appearances

Defence

Sean Dyche* (hamstring strain) - Doubtful -10 appearances
Joe Burnell - Definitely out - 9 appearances last played 9th September
Brett Johnson - Definitely out - 1 appearance last played 22nd August

Midfield

Jerome Watt* (hamstring strain) - Doubtful - 2 appearances 4 substitute appearances
Andy Holt - Definitely out - 5 appearances last played 29th August

Forward

James Quinn* (International duty) - Definitely out - 3 appearances 8 substitute appearances

*Played in last match

Sam Aiston also still missing for the Cobblers.He has missed some games now but that doesn`t make the creative winger less importnant :lol:

Klassssa
06-10-06, 08:43
Yeovil v Cheltenham
Yeovil Town are waiting on the fitness of forward Lee Morris (hamstring).

If fit his availability will prove crucial as Yeovil will be without winger Arron Davies, who is on international duty with Wales.

Injury-ravaged Cheltenham are without leading goalscorer Grant McCann, who is away with Northern Ireland.

Goalkeeper Shane Higgs (shoulder), Damian Spencer (knee), Ashley Vincent (knee), striker Steven Gillespie (leg) and Shane Duff (Achilles) are all out.

Klassssa
06-10-06, 08:47
Bournemouth v Northampton
Bournemouth will be without defender Eddie Howe for two more weeks after he had fluid drained from an injured knee.

Youngster Josh Gowling keeps his place and Shaun Maher (virus) and Stephen Cooke (ankle) return to the squad after coming through a reserve game.

Northampton's Mark Bunn (side) and Sean Dyche (hamstring) miss out and striker James Quinn is on international duty.

Jermoe Watt should be fit but Joe Burnell, Andy Holt and Brett Johnson are not quite ready to return.

Daikoku
06-10-06, 12:37
Sam Aiston also still missing for the Cobblers.He has missed some games now but that doesn`t make the creative winger less importnant :lol:

I'm not sure on the Northampton injury situation Ringabell. A lot of those players aren't key.

The goalie harper was first choice before Bunn replaced him.

Dyche would be an important miss and the team have been conceding stupid goals of late so I guess they must be missing Burnell as well.

Watt is a young winger who usually comes on in the 2nd half as a fresh pair of legs. Sounds like a decent player though.

Holt I'm really not too sure about.

Quinn is a mixed bag and quite a few fans on the message boards don't rate him.

I don't think it's as bad an injury situation as maybe John Gorman is making out. I still think Bournemouth will win but I don't know if I'd put any money on it.

I do think Oldham look good value though.

Daikoku
06-10-06, 13:40
An update on Doncaster v Oldham...

Doncaster have signed Wigan keeper John Filan on a months loan. The Australian goalie will be available to play for tonights game against Oldham.

Daikoku
06-10-06, 14:46
I agree with anothamugs thoughts on the Yeovil match...

Yeovil v Cheltenham

Cheltenham Town must dread International fixtures because they still have to play their league games but miss out on the services of club captain Grant McCann (13apps, 5 goals). The Welsh international pulls the strings in the Cheltenham midfield and is also the clubs top goal scorer. Another blow is McCann's usual partner in central midfield John Finnigan (12 apps) is still suspended for tonight's game. Cheltenham are on a run of 6 successive defeats in both league and cup.

If Yeovil manage to win tonight's game they would go level on points alongside Nottingham Forest at the top of the table. The home side have had a great run of 4 wins on the trot to go second in the league. Winger Arron Davies(7 apps, 1 goal) will be absent due to international commitments and striker Lee Morris (7 apps, 1 goal) is doubtful with a hamstring strain.

Cheltenham will probably visit Yeovil with a very defensive approach but I just can't see them getting anything from tonights game. I believe Yeovils winning streak will continue and take the straight home win here.

Pick Yeovil @ 1.65 Centrebet - 6 units

Binny
06-10-06, 14:48

I'm not sure on the Northampton injury situation Ringabell. A lot of those players aren't key.

The goalie harper was first choice before Bunn replaced him.

Dyche would be an important miss and the team have been conceding stupid goals of late so I guess they must be missing Burnell as well.

Watt is a young winger who usually comes on in the 2nd half as a fresh pair of legs. Sounds like a decent player though.

Holt I'm really not too sure about

Quinn is a mixed bag and quite a few fans on the message boards don't rate him.

I don't think it's as bad an injury situation as maybe John Gorman is making out. I still think Bournemouth will win but I don't know if I'd put any money on it.

I do think Oldham look good value though.

Agree that Gorman is making the most of it.Dyche is their best defenders.Slow but strong as a bear and feared by strikers most strikers.Without Aiston is like Manu without Giggs altough Cobblers don`t have a Ronaldo on the other side :lol:

Without Quinn they don`t have any supersubs.Some other are usualy regulars. I already taken HW.

About Doncaster - Oldham game

Doncaster have several defenders rated as doubtful + importnant midfielder Coppinger is very likely to miss out bu they will be bossted by the return of Bruce Dyer & Kevin Horlock .Doncaster only taken 12 pouints from their 12 games so far.So far they have been lacking of a real goal scorer.They have much bigger potensiale than league position shows and altough Oldguys from ham have been hot as hell lately this is a no bet for me.Value is on Oldham but not enough for me.OVER might be the best bet as Doncaster have some problems in defence and both are looking for a win tonight.Nobody can be happy with a draw especially donny.

GL with ya bets

:wink:

mij0sim
07-10-06, 01:46
Any opinions about Carlisle?

eidur_22
07-10-06, 13:32
i've got them to win as a Saturday pick on my blog.

Here's my thoughts on that, and on the over on Crewe v Gillingham.

2 points Carlisle United (-.5) to beat Milwall at home @ 1.99 at Pinnacle

The odds here are the main reason I decided to take this one. They've simply climbed too high. Carlisle United did lose their last fixture 5-1 to Crewe, but freak results like that can take place when sies decide to attack away from home. Carlisle held a 1-0 lead in the game and actually had a good spell of pressure 2-1 down, but eventually fell apart after conceding the third. I don't think it should be a massive worry. Their home form is outstanding - they score freely at home and have some very respectable victories. They take on a Milwall side that has slid further and further over the past few months. With key players like Jody Morris still sidelined, I don't see things improving for Milwall in hurry. The win at Rotherham was a very good effort, but they had lost 8 in a row away from home before that game, and I would be very surprised if Carlisle don't take the points here. Despite the loss, Carlisle are still in 6th place in the league, and a win could take them up to second if a few results go their way. Carlisle have won 5 of their last 6 at home (drawing the 6th) while milwall have lost 5 of their last 6. Just the statistics suggest 1.99 is too high, and when you consider the quality of football by the two sides, there is certainly value here.

2 points Crewe v Gillingham over 2,5 @ 1.83 at Stan James

I must confess, my record on the overs doesn't inspire confidence. I seldom get them right, but then again, I seldom try them. However, given that every pick is an independent event, I'm not going to stop selecting them anytime soon. The story here is this: Crewe and Gillingham are two of the most attacking sides in the league. Neither side is one to sit on a lead and try and defend it. They play open, attacking football. Crewe at home are particularly attacking. They use the right side particularly well and have a bit of pace down the wing. I was surprised to see some analysts claim that they would struggle to score goals this season, and they have definitely proven that they have plenty of goals in them. Gillingham are a similrly attacking side and it would surprise me if they don't provide us with atleast a goal of their own. I expect an excellent game of football with a few goals thrown in. Both sides have averaged more than 3 goals a game over their last 10 fixtures.

eidur_22
07-10-06, 13:46
I should add for those less familiar with League one, that milwall parted company with Nigel Speckman in the week of the Rotherham win, and caretacker boss Willie Donachie recorded his first win for them. So that is a factor to consider - yet, they came back from 2-0 down against Rotherham, and from the reports I read Rotherham were terrible after the initial stages. Also, I think I'm correct in saying this is Milwall's longest away trip of the season.