View Full Version : Watford v Fulham

Sir Gamble
02-10-06, 01:03
Watford v Fulham

best odds avilable
Watford 2.5 VCBET
Fulham 3 TOTALBET
Draw 3.25 TOTALBET

Watford have yet to win a game this season but are getting closer and Fulham are playing well this season but with 2 important players Bullard and Boa Morte both out for mondays game its gonna be hard for the vistors. Also Fulham are even worst away from home last season didnt get 1 away win but did beat Newcastle this season away from home scoring 2 in the last 10 minutes to win 2-1.
I expect that Watford will battle Fulham off the pitch for this win so for me this is;
home win 6/10.
or
Watford +0 10/10

part_ua
02-10-06, 11:04
This teams very low-scoring and have problems in attack line. Fulham looks better but importent players are injured. Seems like 0-0 here, under 2.5 is sure bet for me.

eidur_22
02-10-06, 11:32
Value to be had on Watford here. I think they're due a win, based on their performances - inspite of the worrisome sign that they can't seem to finish the best of chances. Fulham will miss the injured players. Watford should believe in their ability to pick up a win here. Adrian Bothroyd's confident comments are good news. Standard bet on Watford, as recommended on my website. I like the -.25 handicap @ 2.16 on Pinnacle.

Lock-E
02-10-06, 12:43
Going for the 1-1 draw here. Watford create chances and there at home, i am sure they can break Fulham's bad defence. Watford aren't so good at defending either, so really think both teams will score and it will end in a 1-1 draw. :wink:

Also the DNB option on Watford is value also, they may win 1-0,2-1,2-0.

wabalas
02-10-06, 12:58
Agree with Jig-Jag ;) I don`t think that some of team has first chance here.Fulham played good game against Chelsea bu lost. Anyway, Watford won just 8 of their 44 EPL all time games. IMO, there is 30-40-30, so my bet is draw with small stakes(3/10).

wuntun
02-10-06, 14:51

(watford vs fulham) over2.0 @ 1.86 (2/10) samvo

Watford odds have dropped way too low for me to think about placing them @ dnb

Watford are looking for their first win of the season and have had decent performances to back Aidy Boothroyds words of :

"Someone is going to get a good hiding"

I agree with him totally, and still believe they will not be relegated this season, they show more enthusiasm and quality attacking and passing play than most ive seen from the established big clubs so far this season to deserve to, but saying that, pretty play without results isnt the name of the game.
I know they will come out and play with their attacking energy as always tonite, desperate to get that confidence boosting win to grow on, and a weakened Fulham team could possibly be that team to do so, and all signs point in that direction tonite to do so...but im not 100%

Fulham have well documented injuries to say the least, but they have shored up well at the back so far this season, and have churned out some very very decent results since the season start. To rate them big underdogs tonite is dangerous im telling you with a capital D !
Bullard is out, big loss, but the presence of Diop is a big plus point for Coleman and lets not overblow the situation by saying Boa Morte, Mark Pembridge, Luis Boa Morte, Jimmy Bullard, Ahmad Elrich, Simon Elliott and Philippe Christanval all out injured when people are looking through previews, as on paper this looks like a huge list, but apart from Boa Morte and Bullard, none of the listed would make my top XI although Christanval has 3 games under his belt, he isnt a Premiership level defender in my books and the rest have all been out this season or not even had a look in.

Fulham have been playing 4-5-1 recently since the injuries of Bullard and Boa Morte and i think it will be all change tonite as they really do not have enough quality midfielders to keep that 5 midfield shape and if my guess is right, McBride and Johns could be the pairing up front in a 4-4-2 shape tonite to spearhead a more powerful and bigger aerial threat for the match.

Bear this one in mind and records will back this point im gonna say up...

Whenever Fulham play a full on attacking side, top 4 or not, they step up to the challenge and produce an entertainingly high scoring game and with Aidy (watford manager) under pressure and determination to get his first win he could leave spaces for Fulham to counter offering tonites game a possible high scoring encounter.

This in mind over2.0 goals @ 1.86 (2/10) is my pick tonite

gl

wuntun

MrThrax
02-10-06, 15:48
a lack of goals seems almost certain in this game. But wat will scare me about under is how determined Watford will be to win this game. This game is goin to be a must win for Watford. Fulham are poor away and have important injuries.

I'd expect a draw a half time but Watford to evetualy win during the second

HT/FT Draw/Watford @6.4 betfair. stake 3/10

Maximus_
02-10-06, 16:23
Was thinking like everyone else to play Watford +0. But went and looked at the teams & even with some injuries Fulham have some good players, add to this the fact that Watford have 3 draws and 3 defeats so far. They have not really proved they are good enougth for this level, and 1.71 for +0 seems a little short.

So I will try Fulham +0 at a nice 2.37

Zozo the Duke
02-10-06, 16:35
Watford although without win so far this season, they are not playing bad at all. Yes they are starting slow, but in some matches they were better opponent and they were creating chances but the didn't have luck and that is the only reason why Watford is without win so far.

I believe it is now the time because Fulham (despite playing well) is not good visitor and they are having huge troubles in their away matches. In thier previos match against Chelsea they didn't deseved the loss and even have been better opponent for a decent part in that match.

I think that Watford is ready to celebrate their first win this season in Premier League.

Pembridge, Boa Morte, Bullard, Elrich, Elliott and Christanval ares till out but Coleman will welocme Bouba Diop and Bocanegra which is the only reason why I am taking this (0) handicap. The odds are already dropped and I think tha last price that I would bet on is 1.75 everithing below this is NO BET

Watford (0) @ 1.75 Bet365. 3/10

firewall
02-10-06, 16:37
Was thinking like everyone else to play Watford +0. But went and looked at the teams & even with some injuries Fulham have some good players, add to this the fact that Watford have 3 draws and 3 defeats so far. They have not really proved they are good enougth for this level, and 1.71 for +0 seems a little short.

I agree totally..Watford hardly finding the net ..and Fulam ar to strong in defence and in midfield with Diop...i will try 0-1 corect score and dnb Fulam

kamei24
02-10-06, 16:46

I agree totally..Watford hardly finding the net ..and Fulam ar to strong in defence and in midfield with Diop...i will try 0-1 corect score and dnb Fulam

Thinking the same... It would be too much if even Watford wins after Sheff Utd broke the ice on Saturday. There must be one team without wins left on the table... :wink:

alexander HRH
02-10-06, 17:16
Itís a hard game and a (0-0, 1-1) Draw could be the best out come :roll:

Many people are backing Watford tonight but personally if Fulham play zone Defiance tactics Watford can not score

Live betting is the best option :idea:

Best Regards :wink:

Paradygmat
02-10-06, 17:37
Referee: Mike Riley (Leeds, Yorkshire)

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd is likely to name the same team that drew at Wigan last week to face Fulham.

That would mean defender Lloyd Doyley and forward Darius Henderson staying on the bench as Boothroyd's men chase their first win of the campaign.

Papa Bouba Diop and Carlos Bocanegra are full fit after playing through injury in the defeat by Chelsea.

Mark Pembridge, Luis Boa Morte, Jimmy Bullard, Ahmad Elrich, Simon Elliott and Philippe Christanval are all out.

# Watford manager Adrian Boothroyd:
"Someone is going to get a good hiding. If we manage a big win before long, it will build confidence.

"I feel that first win is just around the corner, and that it is only a matter of time before we manage it.

"Performances have been good. When we eventually win, it might be that we win 3-0 or 4-0 - but I would have preferred three 1-0 wins, because it would have given us more points."

# Fulham boss Chris Coleman
"I'm looking for the same type of tempo and enthusiasm that we showed against Chelsea.

"There's no point in doing it against Chelsea and then going to Watford and not performing.

"It'll be a difficult game and we've got to make sure that we're not Watford's first scalp of the season."

Watford (from): Foster, Lee, Chamberlain, DeMerit, Mackay, Shittu, Stewart, Doyley, Chambers, Mariappa, Smith, Mahon, Francis, Bouazza, Spring, Bangura, McNamee, King, Young, Henderson, Priskin.

Fulham (from): Niemi, Lastuvka, Rosenior, Knight, Pearce, Queudrue, Brown, Diop, Radzinski, Timlin, John, Helguson, McBride, Volz, Bocanegra, Routledge, N Jensen, C Jensen.

HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS

Home and away
League: Watford 5 wins, Fulham 8, Draws 3
Prem: Watford 0 wins, Fulham 0, Draws 0

at Watford only
League: Watford 3 wins, Fulham 3, Draws 2
Prem: Watford 0 wins, Fulham 0, Draws 0

Source/read more (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/5388916.stm)

ENG Premier League, Injuries, October 2 - 02.10.2006

Watford 5 CARLISLE Clarke DC ** 18.8. INJURED - / 6
Watford 11 POWELL Chris DL ** 15.9 INJURED 3 / 6
Watford 27 GRANT Joel SC - 8.9 LOAN OUT - / 6

Fulham 11 BOA MORTE Luis AML *** 22.9 INJURED 5 / 6
Fulham 21 BULLARD Jimmy AMRC *** 16.9 INJURED 4 / 6
Fulham 5 CHRISTANVAL Philippe D/MC ** 16.9 INJURED 3 / 6
Fulham 17 ELLIOTT Simon DMC * 19.8 INJURED - / 6
Fulham 24 PEMBRIDGE Mark MLC * 19.8 INJURED - / 6
Fulham 27 ELRICH Ahmad AMR - 8.9 INJURED - / 6
Fulham 30 WARNER Tony GK - 19.8 LOAN OUT - / 6
Fulham 31 BATISTA Ricardo GK - 19.8 LOAN OUT - / 6

Source (http://totalctrl.info/injuries.php?league=Premier)

Karra
02-10-06, 18:30
Finnish bookie www.paf.fi has an interesting "PAF Anniversary Special" offer here. You will get twice as high odds than usual with the bets for these scores:

1-1 10,20
1-0 12,90
0-1 14,30

Only three available results to bet at, but you'll get your money back if your bet is lost but the 1X2 outcome is right. I.eg. you bet 1-0, game ends 2-1, so you'll get your stakes back.
Only 20 Euros is allowed per bet and single only.

Maybe a tenner for 1-0 looks like a good bet.

Walden
02-10-06, 19:20
Watford played well so far, losing only to Man U 2-1, and drawn on a couple of occasions....

They are the favourite here, as Fulham has been bad on away matches and have some key players missing...

Having said that, current optimism on Watford may be a bit too much...possibly due to a win of Sheffield...

EPL is always tricky, the team with well documented injury always somehow manage to get a result...Live betting looks like the best option for me. For 1x2, I fancy a draw...as that's the most likely result for Watford at home so far.

wuntun
02-10-06, 21:25
26 GK Ben Foster 29 GK Antti Niemi
6 Jay DeMerit 2 Moritz Volz
3 Jordan Stewart 3 Carlos Bocanegra
4 Malky Mackay 4 Franck Queudrue
17 Dan Shittu 6 Zat Knight
29 Tommy Smith 7 Liam Rosenior
8 Gavin Mahon (C) 8 Michael Brown
7 Damien Francis 9 Heidar Helguson
15 Ashley Young 14 Papa Bouba Diop
9 Marlon King 15 Collins John
18 Hameur Bouazza 19 Ian Pearce

SUBS:

16 GK Richard Lee 12 GK Jan Lastuvka
12 Lloyd Doyley 13 Tomasz Radzinski
25 Matthew Spring 16 Claus Jensen
10 Darius Henderson 20 Brian McBride
28 Albert Jarrett 22 Wayne Routledge

*more like 5-3-2 tonite for fulham

Zozo the Duke
02-10-06, 22:24
17 Dan (censored)

Sh*ttu :lol: :lol: :lol:

eidur_22
03-10-06, 00:25
what a crazy game. watford seemed to be coasting at one stage...

wabalas
03-10-06, 00:32
Agree with Jig-Jag ;) I don`t think that some of team has first chance here.Fulham played good game against Chelsea bu lost. Anyway, Watford won just 8 of their 44 EPL all time games. IMO, there is 30-40-30, so my bet is draw with small stakes(3/10).

hard to believe but i won this one... :)

wuntun
03-10-06, 01:12
just a thought....

fulham vs any attacking side is usually very entertaining and likely to be an over, team news pending.

hope u had a good evening too

nite

wuntun