PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 2/12

tahoma
01-12-03, 23:19
Today we're starting a new round of the competition. The rules are pretty much the same, but now we can offer a prize for the winner again: €100. Read more about the rules and the prize here (http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685).

So if you want to join the competition and fight for the €100, just read the rules and post your first pick of the day!

Don't forget that there will be few games because of holidays this month, so don't wait too long!

Good luck!

Our new sponsor, PayOutWindow (http://www.payoutwindow.com) will pay the prize to the winner. PayOutWindow is a rising force in the bet laying department and a potential giant of the future, currently with an overall strike rate of 98% they are setting a new standard for soccer bet laying. Based on sound mathematics, research and a lot of hard work their picks are proving very very profitable, returning a tidy profit week in, week out. So why not visit their website and see what the fuss is all about? There are various membership options and they also offer a one week free trial every month, all you have to do is just send a blank email to freetrial@payoutwindow.com!

http://www.payoutwindow.com/payout.gif (http://www.payoutwindow.com/)
Please support the competition by visiting our sponsor!

tahoma
01-12-03, 23:36
My first pick of the day is from the Swedish icehockey league:

Djurgården (-1.5) - Södertälje (+1.5) 1 @ 1.90 (Bet365)

Read my prediction for this game here:
http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=240

danielcz
01-12-03, 23:56
So my pick for today is :

LA Clippers - SA Spurs (-7,5) 2 @ 1,91 (Centrebet)

and the view on this game:

http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=247

Eugenius
02-12-03, 00:05
My first pick in this competition:

Atlanta - Pittsburgh in NHL

Take Atlanta to win at 1.76 (pinnacle)

Atlanta is much better team and should score at will against poor Pttsburgh. Pittsburgh will miss Straka, who was traded...final score 4-1 Atlanta...good luck everyone...

Eugenius

:D

Pinto02
02-12-03, 00:07
My picks

2.25 IND Pacers v PHX Suns 1.68 in GB

Last night, Indiana lost 77-99 in Lakers and they must win this night
Phoenix 7W 8L is nt a very good team, 6th in the Pacific Division

So Indiana @2.25

tahoma
02-12-03, 00:09
I forgot to write this, but picks from U.S. sports must be posted in the thread for the previous day. Read more about that here (http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685).

But since you are so eager to start, I will count your picks, but only today! :wink:

drazil
02-12-03, 00:18
Betting on Arsenal-Wolves X @ 3.75 at Ladbrokes.com

Arsenal doesnt seem to be very interested in Carling cup thus using reserves and winning 9-8 Rotheram last round. Vieria expected to be back but not in full condition and wolves have everything to play for.from money to prestige and psychological reasons. Reading Wengers statement for the match seems he will give chances to lots of young players. They also have hard games after that they need to win such in the PL after loosing first spot and in CL fighting for the 16 in a week time.
A risky bet but i think worth taking considering the news. with a little bit of luck of course :twisted:

Jimbo1981
02-12-03, 00:18
My pick of the day (night) is

UTAH JAZZ ML@1,95 (Betandwin)

Utah a strong home team and positive h2h stats against New Jersey. New Jersey at a bad for at the moment especially away, so i go for home win here.

Jimbo1981

dragon
02-12-03, 00:40
LA Clippers +7.5 vs Spurs @ 1.925 Pointbet
As usual, PointBet is the one of the slowest bookies to react when there is sudden news. Other bookies have moved the spread to +/-4. It is rumored that Duncan will not play. Duncan is of course the most important player for the Spurs and with Clippers playing at home, the 7.5 handicap now seems very huge. I haven't been able to confirm this rumor, so stay tuned at: http://bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13674&highlight= for possible latest news.

Tahoma, there is no thread for today :wink:

norel_invest
02-12-03, 00:42
02.12.2003 Soccer Braunschweig v Alemannia Aachen Tip:2 Odds:2,15

@Gamebookers

Explanation:

Alemannia Aachen is my tip for today in the German Cup.
This team is ranked 1st in the Second League in Germany, while Braunschweig is ranked 8th in the third league.

Although Alemannia had poor results playing away the difference between these two is huge. Eintracht Braunshweig is a modest team with 26-24 goal difference and they lost many decisive matches home. It seems that this team can't handle the pressure.

Alemania Aachen have a 1.92 goals/game average and they will surely score some on this game.

teo81
02-12-03, 00:48
Galatasaray-Juventus 1X 1.35 globet.com, juventus must revenge the defeat at home against inter, juve will play with second line and they try to show at the coach that they can play in the first team, galatasaray have more motivation for this match, they must win against juve and real sociedad for reach the next round, i think that galatasaray is favourite but if match will end in a draw is not a surprise.

djroof
02-12-03, 01:01
Sorry I know I am late...but now saw the competition....

So my pick for today is on OTTAWA SENATORS!!!

PHI Flyers v OTW Senators - Bet on OTTAWA at 1,78 Gamebookers moneyline -

Good Luck!

Ottawa was great at home and had much days that hasnt any win...so I think against Phila can take it..maybe and at OT.

Weity
02-12-03, 01:24
I still don't know if is this thread for 1.12. or 2.12.? All this picks on NHL and NBA... I wonder what will this people say tomorrow when they won't have their pick available...

Guderian
02-12-03, 01:34
My pick is

galatasaray vs Juventus under 2,5 goals @ 1,75 at gamebookers.

juventus was forced to a cold shower by problematic Internazionale last saturday and the humiliating 1-3 in delle alpi should wake them up. Galata seems to have lost its former "touch" in europe and their offence is not productive at all in this competition. so, since Juve can secure its position even with an X and finish the job in Italy with the match with Olympiakos, I dont see them going for an offensive game. with a weakened Galatasaray and a juve not seeking a victory at all costs I see a rather boring and, hopefully, with few goals match. Therefor I thank gamebookers for the 1,75 in under 2,5 goals...

dado
02-12-03, 01:47
Galatasaray-Juventus-2-2.50 Bet-at-home

Juventus is better team,they loos against Inter at sunday and I think they wont victory because twice loos is not possible for team like Juventus,draw is possible :wink:

casabel
02-12-03, 02:16
Galatasaray - Juventus FC:---------->X (3.25 expekt)

I will start with a risky pick since i see a Juve defending tomorrow and counter attacking and a Turkish side that will fight for 3 points!Juve will use second team but even these players have the quality to get what they want (a draw is enough).Under is a good bet here as the game will be boring IMO...time will tell...

I would like to wish everyone Good Luck this month :!: and may the best punter win :twisted:

G.L[/b]

xyzDennis
02-12-03, 02:39
Hoffeheim v Bayer Leverkusen - 2 @ 1.45 @ Expekt

Bayer Leverkusen has shown great form all season and thoroughly deserve their current spot in the league. Only recently has they had a few blips here and there. But seriously...odds of 1.45 for a title challenger v lower division club is too much value for me to ignore. Yes, even if Hoffenheim is on a relatively good run themselves. The key thing is the difference in class between the leagues and even more so between the clubs.

Be reminded that this is a cup that Bayer Leverkusen do not really consider a burden to their season and that they more than often go fairly far into this competition. Compounded by the fact that Bayer's players are fresher than most other contenders given nil European commitments this season. It would of course be the perfect setting to set their season straight again by winning here, to remind themselves of how to win after 3 draws in 4 games in the league.

I just cannot empahize enough how 1.45 is great value...in my opinion at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is great to be back, see you guys in the chat room from time to time. :wink: And no, please do not ask me about my exams...arghh :?

Moneymaker
02-12-03, 04:29
Sunderland vs Wigan (England 1 division) Under 2.5 1.75@Expekt

Both are low scoring teams. Sunderland plays at home, but wigan is slightly better at the moment. I am sure that Wigan will score max 1 goal, probably 0, cause Sunderland has one of the best goalies in England - Mart "Poomy" Poom. Same time Sunderland offense is just poor and they have serious problems with scoring. Probable result 1-0, or 0-0 in my view so under is good bet :P

Moneymaker

tahoma
02-12-03, 05:43
I still don't know if is this thread for 1.12. or 2.12.? All this picks on NHL and NBA... I wonder what will this people say tomorrow when they won't have their pick available...
The thread is for today's (Tuesday) games and tomorrow's U.S. sports. However, I will count the picks from games played earlier today (NBA, NHL, etc.).

To stay away from Galatasaray - Juventus seems like the best bet to me! :wink:

Luckyjammygit
02-12-03, 08:00
My choice would be Rotherham 2.25 Ladbrokes at home to Coventry.

Last home game Rotherham beat Walsall who like Coventry are just off the relegation issue and I can see these teams taking points off each other where possible.

Coventry have drawn last 6 games so must be due a loss [Or a win][Or another draw] :roll:

Usal
02-12-03, 08:07
ATP Challenger Ischgl, Austria Carpet

Pescosolido S. v Hantschk M. --> 2 @ 2.15 gamebookers

Stefano Pescosolido is an elderly player who has not done much this year. Last month he competed in 4 challengers and his best result was a quarter final at prague two weeks ago. atp rank 234

Markus Hantschk is a much younger player and he is not playing bad on carpet either. Two weeks ago he lost at the final in Mexico. With this odds i expect quite a good result on this match. atp rank 200

The two never played before.

lotsaluck to all

Vahid-WENGER
02-12-03, 08:16
s**t i would try to bet on the same bet as moneymaker... great pick money and good luck !

so today i will try my first competition with these pick on english 1 div

rotheram - coventry ------> UNDER 2.5

why ? :arrow:
- rotheram as scored in every match against 0.5/4 matches

- coventry have allowed against rotheram 1/4 matches

coventry only was under 2 times in last 8 matches so why not this one :wink:

C U

Vahid

i love stats so i try this one 2.10 at expekt

Walden
02-12-03, 08:27
Gala vs Juventus pick 2 AH level ball 2.08 at Pointbet

Ok, Juventus maybe playing for a draw...but with their quality, there is always a chance for them to win. At level ball, this is a chance you cannot missed.

Good Luck

Moneymaker
02-12-03, 08:33
s**t i would try to bet on the same bet as moneymaker... great pick money and good luck!

This probably means i will lose its always losing bet when more than 1 think bet will succeed :wink:

Sidenet
02-12-03, 08:45
My first pick comes from Carling Cup:
Arsenal-Wolverhampton Wolves +0,5 2,10 Unibet. 51%.

Arsenal concentrates on other competitions than this and they want to avoid any injuries which might harm their success at Champ or Premier Leagues.

Edit:Please see more complete explanation under "Carling Cup" thread.

mudkicker
02-12-03, 09:06
Hi,

my first pick for today is

Galatasaray - Juventus 1 :arrow: 2.75@gamebookers

Galatasaray must win if they want to continue and this could be possible because Juve has no risk if they lose because they guaranteed to qualify. It doesnt mean anything bad Gala plays in neutral venue. Dortmund is like Istanbul (THERE ARE REALLY TOO MUCH FANS THERE!!!).

So, Good Luck. 8)

Rok
02-12-03, 09:16
My first pick:

Slovenia-China 1 1,72 Centrebet

I don`t know Chinese team, but I know that Slovenian team is very good. Most players come from Krim (best female handball club in Europe), Anja Frešer plays in Slagelse (dream team from Denmark) Silvana Ili***269; earns money in Mar Valencia... All players are great and I think that China has no chance. The weakest link in team of Slovenia is probably goalkeeper, Nada Tutniji***269;. But not because she is so awful, because Krim has extra quality keeper Dinu, and we are used to that she saves every game almost 20 shots. I think that defence will be so strong that Tutnji***269; won`t have problems with clear shots.

I will bet on Slovenia because Slovenian team main goal is to reach Athens (5th place on the C`ship), so they must beat China. For begining of course.

silja
02-12-03, 09:32
Real Sociedad - Valencia

Sociedad +1/4, odds 1.60 at Gamebookers

Sociedad is desperate for results and they should put more effort into this game, they are a decent side yet in relegation zone, I think that form must come sooner or later.

Cheers

Diadem
02-12-03, 09:36
I take Monchengladbach to beat Stuttgart @3.3 by Betandwin. I know Stuttgart is one of the hardest teams to score against, but Monchengladbach are playing decent football at the moment having beaten Kaiserslautern at the weekend. I just expect the many matches that Stuttgart are playing due to the Champions League to take its toll soon. Why not be it today. Good Luck! :wink:

calvin
02-12-03, 09:56
My first pick:

B. Mönchengladbach-VfB Stuttgart : under 2,5 goals, gamebookers 1,79

Reasons: It will be a very close game. Gladbach is improving - 2 victories in a row. Stuttgart is one of the top teams in germany with the best defense. Keeper Hildebrandt got only 3 goals in 14 games.

I saw Stuttgart in Bochum. A very very good defense. Not once in danger the whole game.

I will be a tactical game with few chances for both teams.

P.S. it's my first try in these competition. If I did anything wrong, please tell me

Valor
02-12-03, 09:59
I take Wolves(+ 3/4) to beat the handicap at 2.025@poinbet. Arsenal will be fielding a really young team tonight and Wolves have been on a good run and will be more focus on this cup match than Arsenal would. Arsenal have only managed a draw with Rotherham while Wolves have comfortably beaten their opponent thus far.

løffe
02-12-03, 10:16
Well, my first try in one of these competitions so let my know if I mess up :D

My pick of the day is from the women´s Handball WorldCup:

Denmark-Germany - Germany to win @ 2,25 at expekt.

Denmark is missing a lot of the regulars for this WC, and everybody, including coach and players, are doing what they can to keep expectations down, as they are nowhere near their "old" strength. The team is very new and talented but is far more inexperienced than the Germans, who have been playing very well lately. Furthermore, the Danes have a record of not playing to well in the opening game, and I think that odds 2,25 on the germans to take advantage of that is quite interesting.

volkov
02-12-03, 10:29
Hi,

It´s my first post and first pick in this competition.

Sunderland ***8211; Wigan X at 3.25 (Gamebookers)

Wigan hasn´t scored in last three away games and I don´t see how they can change this trend in game against Sunderland, which has conceded only one goal in last five home games. On the other hand, Sunderland has great problems with scoring lately. They managed to score only twice in last five home games. So it seems to be low-scoring game and the most probable result for me is 0-0.

Pitersson
02-12-03, 10:46
21:30 Spain Primera Division Real Sociedad - Valencia (over 2.5) @ 2.025 /PointBet/

Valencia shows an offensive football last times, in 5 last games 13 goals scored (and 8 lost). It gives us quite impresive average 4,2 goals per game.
Moreover, Valencia's best striker Miguel Mista didn't score against Real Saragossa, so I think it's time to score today.
San Sebastian is quite weak team, they lost more goals than score. The average number of goals from last 5 San Sebastian games is 3,6 -->
7 scored, 11 lost (total 18 goals).
Basing on numbers above, I predict over 2.5 game. In my opinion it's safer pick than Valencias' victory (I remember draw 3:3 versus Barcelona).

Beezeri
02-12-03, 11:40
English Carling Cup

Southampton - Portsmouth 55% - 25% - 20%

This just cannot be skipped. Odds for Southampton looks way too good.

Southampton is 4 games without a win in Premier league and their home record is 3-1-3 which is not that good compared to last year. Already now they have lost more than last season but they also have met Chelsea & Man Utd from top teams already.
Soton has had injuries with their striking force lately as James Beattie, Kevin Phillips, Marian Pahars & Augustin Delgado has been sidelined more than enough. Today all of them should be back fighting for starting places.
Left wingback Greame Le Saux should be the only absentee from the regulars.

Pompey surprised pretty much everyone with the "shock" defeat 0-2 to Leicester at home last round. I was expecting that and mostly because of their long injury-list. And today still Shaka Hislop, Nigel Quashie, Vincent Pericard, Jason Roberts and Svetoslav Todorov all out.
Last 3 are all strikers and Yakubu, Sheringham and Burchill are the only available forwards for this match.
At away ground Portsmouth have gained only 3 points from possible 21 with 3 draws so far. What is more concerning they have scored only 2 goals in those 7 matches.

Southampton is well-known as a good cup team and despite their bad recent form(which is better than Pompeys anyway) they should be able to grap the win here.

Recommended bet: Southampton @ 2.1 (Globet)

Weity
02-12-03, 11:50
M'gladbach (0) - Stuttgart (0) - 1 @ 1.9 (Interwetten)

M'gladbach is playing better lately and they won two games in a row in Bundesliga. They also didn't lose in last 4 home matches and I think they won't lose this time either. Stuttgart has been great so far but I think htey have to lose somewhere. And they have to rest some players from time to time as they play in three competition without break. And they will do it tonight if you ask me. So I expect second team from Stuttgart and first team from M'gladbach. And M'gladbach has been very good at home in last seasons and they were pretty solid in the Cup games and they are always capable of beating someone from the top. And this time it's Stuttgart's turn to go out of the competition.

The Gravedigger
02-12-03, 12:04
My pick for today is match from ULEB Cup:

Cologne - Lleida 2 @ 3.00 Centrebet

Read my comment here

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

Croatia 385
02-12-03, 12:07
Basketball, ULEB cup:

Superfund Kapfenberg (+7,5) - Auna Gran Canaria (-7,5) AWAY WIN, odds 2,00 @ Centrebet

Klik here ---> http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=306

varganya
02-12-03, 12:10
Southampton v Portsmouth exact score 2 * 3.50

Beezeri jus overtook me with the home win :oops:

this two with only 3 wins together of last 16 games /i mean 8 each :D /

Southampton
27-Sep-03 H Middlesbrough L 0-1 (0-1)
8 04-Oct-03 A Newcastle United L 0-1 (0-1)
9 19-Oct-03 A Everton D 0-0 (0-0) 35,775
10 25-Oct-03 H Blackburn Rovers W 2-0 (0-0) Beattie 59; Griffit 87
11 01-Nov-03 H Manchester City L 0-2 (0-1) 31,620
12 08-Nov-03 A Bolton Wanderers D 0-0 (0-0) 25,619
13 22-Nov-03 H Chelsea L 0-1 (0-0) 32,149
14 29-Nov-03 A Aston Villa L 0-1 (0-1)

Portsmouth
6 20-Sep-03 H Blackburn Rovers L 1-2 (0-2)
7 27-Sep-03 A Birmingham City L 0-2 (0-1)
8 04-Oct-03 H Charlton Athletic L 1-2 (1-0)
9 18-Oct-03 H Liverpool W 1-0 (1-0) Berger
10 25-Oct-03 A Newcastle United L 0-3 (0-2)
11 01-Nov-03 A Manchester United L 0-3 (0-1)
12 08-Nov-03 H Leeds United W 6-1 (2-1)
13 24-Nov-03 A Fulham L 0-2 (0-2) 15,624
14 29-Nov-03 H Leicester City L 0-2 (0-1)

Southampton striker Kevin Phillips is expected to recover from illness in time to face Portsmouth. Forwards Marian Pahars and Agustin Delgado have just returned after long-term ankle and back injuries respectively
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has major injury problems with Shaka Hislop, Nigel Quashie, Vincent Pericard, Jason Roberts and Svetoslav Todorov all out injured.

That looks like 1 goal for the home team.Could Pompey answer with one ?
If it is so 1-1 a good bet. Until then looking the Saints result 2-0 is my other option....

comanelu
02-12-03, 12:32
Germany - DFB Pokal

Gladbach - Stuttgart :arrow: 2 :arrow: 2.45@Expekt

See my prediction here:

http://www.1x2betting.com/index.php?out=campionat&ids=1&idc=62

Prija
02-12-03, 12:40
So many new people :D :!: :D .

When i saw there are 38 posts for today i thought it's some kind of mistake :lol: .I guess money talks :lol:

I'll post something later and good luck to all :!:

artnow
02-12-03, 13:01
Pick#1 in that competition:
NBA Basketball
ORLANDO Magic(+3.5) VS NEW ORLEANS Hornets(-3.5) :arrow: 2@1.94 at Expekt
Magic(1-15) in on a 15-game losing streak,(0-9)at home.In last match they received heardbreaking 86-87 loss against Raptors.I think McGrady is frustrated and i don't expect something special for him vs tough NO defence(Lynch,Augmon).
Hornets(11-6) lost close game vs Knicks by very poor shooting night by Byron Davis,only 5/22 FG.They had problem with Mutombo in the paint,but it doesn't happen in Orlando.NO have big advantage in the paint and after bad game by B.Davis he didn't repeat this performance.I think great player after bad match in next play very good.
Both teams met on 30 Oct in Orlando and New Orleans won 100-98.After that loss the Magic never won.I think the Hornets win again by big margin.

Larsen
02-12-03, 13:02
World Championship U20

Germany - USA (2) 2,75 @ BetandWin

Germany missing their best players before the championship and lost two more with injuries in the 0-2 loss to south Korea. USA won 3-1 against Paraguay in their first game. Good price for USA.

Larsen

varganya
02-12-03, 13:05
So many new people :D :!: :D .

When i saw there are 38 posts for today i thought it's some kind of mistake :lol: .I guess money talks :lol:

I'll post something later and good luck to all :!:

you are right but hence nobody could join until previous finished i guess.

takoz
02-12-03, 13:07
Here is my first pick.

Galatasaray - Juventus over 2.5 goals @ 1.95 at Gamebookers

Galatasaray must win this match, so they will be all out on attack from the beginning.
Since Juve is playing with reserves, their defence won't be as solid as usual and without Buffon at the back, GS can easily create scoring chances.
Hakan Sukur not playing shouldn't be a problem since he is really out of form anyway.
On the other hand, Di Vaio, Miccoli and Zalayeta will cause big problems to the slow GS defence as well, so i expect a score like 2-2 or 3-2 in this match.

Good Luck.

howie_z
02-12-03, 13:15
Rotherham - Coventry 2 @ 3.00 (Pinnacle)

My bet would be under, but it was already taken. So I pick Coventry to win.
Both Coventry and Rotheram have a lot of draws, so I do not believe this game will also end in a draw. As Coventry has a better attack than theie openents, I expect them to win this very close game.

mj_air
02-12-03, 13:15
My pick of the day (night) is
New York Islanders - Washington Capitals (1) 2,20 @ expekt

Islanders have lost 5 games in a row. I think that tonight they will be extra motivated, home crowd, especially that they are playing with Capitals- the worst team in NHL. This is a sure bet for me.
I also look forword to the performance of Mariusz Czerkawski. His scoring stopped 6 games ago, but just before that he kept scoring almost every game. I hope today he weaks up and will lead islanders for the win! ;)
MJ_AIR

Catastrophe
02-12-03, 13:20
My pick for today is,

Real Sociedad - Valencia 2 at 2.50 (interwetten)

R.S.'s form not good at the moment.. De Pedro still out and Nihat will be back.
And Valencia wants to make point difference.. They also not playing good football.. but did win last week against Zaragoza and have better team than Real S.

Expected score 1-2 for Valencia

zik013
02-12-03, 13:25
Karanusic R. v Dellacqua M.

Karanusic @ 1.41 @ Gamebookers

Karasunic is in very good form, was in semi-final in Milan, beat such good players as D.Norman and Berdych, has 9-4 score on carpet, whereas his opponent is a mainly clay player with 0-2 on carpet, plus he sustained an injury last week and retired. Should be easy win for Karasunic.

djroof
02-12-03, 13:42
Also for me today I will bet on NHL...

I love when americans work for me ;) hehehehe

So in the game PHX Coyotes v NJ Devils I will bet on: NEW JERSEY DEVILS at moneyline...odds 1.38 at Gamebookers.

NJD will crash today poor Phoenix Coyotes...
Devils are more good at Power Play and Penalty Kills...
Also has strong defence than Phoenix...
tough home....

sure home win..like Ottawa which I won yesterday!!!

Go Go Go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!

johnco
02-12-03, 13:49
My pick for today, 2nd December 2003 is from czech ice-hockey league

PILSEN vs. BUDEJOVICE 1 (1,80) at Gamebookers

Pilsen is going up with new coach and it would be big surprise if Budejovice take any point from Pilsen tonight.

Beezeri
02-12-03, 14:18
Is it just me or is the quality of the picks a bit low...If I may ask try to give more arguments for your picks. Just couple of lines is not good enough I think :o

Weity
02-12-03, 14:21
8O 8O Where did all these people come from? I guess this time we'll have to wait a week before the results will be updated with that many contestants... ;)

And I think that some people should write a little more in their predictions! We're coming close to one sentence predictions again.

Anyway, it looks like it will be very tough to get this 100E with that huge competition. But that can only be good. I think that for the win more than 700 points will be needed this time. :?

Weity
02-12-03, 14:23
Yeah Beezeri, we were thinking about that at the same time! 8)

Ygramul
02-12-03, 14:31
My best pick of the day:

Ässät - Blues 1 @ 2,30 UNIBET

Finnish Kockey League, Ässät with a victory can reach the play-off zone, Blues are in the bottom of the classement with an away bad performance in this season 2-10-2ot.

Good Luck! :P

Boffen
02-12-03, 14:42
English 1. div Nottingham F. - Ipswich over 2,5 goals 1,75@Expekt

Ipswich is the most-scoring team in the 1.st div, but they also concede a lot of goals.
I think this match has a very good chance in ending with more than 2,5 goals.

Ipswich's last 5 games: 2-3,3-0,2-2,3-4,1-1
Nottingams's last 5 games: 0-3,2-2,1-1,4-1,1-0

Last 5 meetings:

05/04-2003 Ipswich Town - Nottingham Forest 3 - 4
30/11-2002 Nottingham Forest - Ipswich Town 2 - 1
05/12-1999 Nottingham Forest - Ipswich Town 0 - 1
07/08-1999 Ipswich Town - Nottingham Forest 3 - 1
05/04-1998 Nottingham Forest - Ipswich Town 2 - 1

juankaan
02-12-03, 14:46
I'm sure that this amazing number of new joiners for this comp will be higher when the weekend matches start !!!
I'm sure that the first 5 won't change much if new BA TIPSTERS don't join this comp.. Or do they think the first 5 will not change when they join ???? :wink:It will be hard to take our real POD for us.. So many boyzz take so early picks...
easy exp; GALATASARAY WIN is taken :evil: That was my pick !!! Good luck to the guy that took it !!! But will be hard...

1X is also taken.. What can i take now? FIRST GOAL GALATASARAY @1.95 ???
No no... That's not so easy. But GALATASARAY to win after conceeding the first is very difficult too...

I don't know what to do for today.. Best is to pass the first day..

Good Luck to all others... Esp to PRAG !!! I bet my life you will be better this month !!! :wink: :wink:

Let's kick emm all !!!

Lopez
02-12-03, 14:51
This is my first post in this forum in ages. Got an email about this competition, so will give it a shot.

This is an "obvious" pick, with all statistics pointing toward the "under". The game is Sunderland/Wigan, and we can see that 8 of the home team's 10 home games this season have gone UNDER the total of 2.5 goals. Wigan have played UNDER in 6 of 10 away games so far, however are allowing 1.4 goals per away game which is quite high considering the goals against-average is only 0.6 at home. Nevertheless, Sunderland are quite "cheap" at home at the Stadium of Light, where an total average of 1.6 (!) goals are scored per game.

So, let's take a look at some very interesting statistics:

SUNDERLAND is 11-2 UNDER 2.5 (%:85-15) at home against a average road team (taking between 33% and 47% of possible road points, having played at least five road games in the season), since 2000. Average scoring total 1.8

WIGAN is 9-2 UNDER 2.5 (%:82-18) on the road against a good team (taking between 55% and 63% of possible points, having played at least five games in the season), since 2000. Average scoring total 1.5

(with "the road" meaning away from home)

There are also some other statistics I will not copy into this post, however they show significant edge towards the UNDER.

Expekt are offering 1.75, while Canbet are as low as 1.60 on this play. I will therefore bet the UNDER 2.5 at Expekt at the price of 1.75.

Good luck today!

alexander HRH
02-12-03, 15:12
Galatasaray v Juventus

This match will be played in Dortmund´s Westfallen stadium for security rezones

I will go agents Juventus in this game for the first time for many rezones too:

1- Alessandro Del Pierro (did not go to Germany and could have an injury), Lillian Thuram , Nicola Legrottaglie, Alessio Tacchinardi and Gianluca Zambrotta (did not go on the flight to Germany)

2- Pavel Nedved, Gianluigi Buffon and David Trezeguet, will probably start from the bench or not play at all 50-50%

3- Juventus will not go for the win. There aim will be not to lose in Germany

4- There line up will include the players that played in Coppa Italia agenst siena and I think Lippi will defiantly give them another chance to prove there skills in a strong game

5- I heard in the TV NEWS from the coach of Galatasaray saying “we will have full stadium support and it will be like playing at home “so this is a good motivation for Galatasaray players to give all what they have and go for the win

6- For Galatasaray there will be some doubtful players but not 100% shore Frank de Boer, Mondragon and Hakan Sukur (he could be injured)

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Galatasaray : Mondragon, Hakan, Bulent, De Boer, Prates; Ergun, Pinto, Batista, Sabri, Hasan Sas, Sukur.

Juventus : Chimenti, Birindelli, Tudor, Ferrara, Pessotto, Conte, Maresca, Davids, Miccoli, Zalayeta, Di Vaio

This is the line up agents siena in Coppa Italia

Juventus : Chimenti; Fresi, Ferrara, Tudor, Pessotto; Appiah, Maresca, Conte; Olivera; Miccoli, Zalayeta

This is there line up agenst inter in Serie A

Juventus : Buffon, Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Appiah; Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet

Prediction

I see Juventus not wining and Galatasaray could score 1 goal to win if things go out off hand 1-1 will be the correct score

I wanted to go under 2.5 but still the name of Juventus line up could score like Di Vaio and Miccoli

Betandwin.com offered a wish come true bet

+1 handicap for Galatasaray the odds are 1.45

Click here (http://www.betandwin.com/sportsmicrosite/betsframe/default.asp?SportID=4&RegionID=7&LeagueID=1606&TournamentID=6150&ActiveNode=T6150&SelNodes=,R7,R7,L1606,)
go to Specials

My firs bet for the competition will be +1handicap for Galatasaray odds 1.45

Best Regards

Addict
02-12-03, 15:15
I will be joining this contest too :)

My first pick:

FIFA World Youth Championship 2003 -first stage

Match: Japan : Colombia

Referee: BREEZE Matthew (AUS)

Japan won the opening game vs England. At first sight, we could say it was a surprise, but it wasn't, many of the top european teams are not in such a great form. And Japan was very motivated, especialy the young strikers Yutaro Abe and Daisuke Sakata (the last one scored the goal who gave them the victory). Like South Koreea, they don't have such impressive players, their force is the unity (the fact that they play as a team, not individuals like the others)

Columbia , on the other hand, was held to a scoreless 0-0 draw against Egypt. Colombia has qualified from 4th position to this U20 WC, but this is not their value. they beat Paraguay 4-1 in the 1st game and tied them 1-1 in the second game (Paraguay was third in the qualif.). In addition, if Colombia hadn't lost the last game to Argentina 1-0 they could won the Qulifications. For tonight, I expect them to be very motivated and win. It's their only option.

So, I will be picking Japan-Colombia away win(2) @ 2.60 Gamebookers.

bera
02-12-03, 15:32
My pick for today, 2nd December 2003 is from NHL-hockey league

LA Kings v STL Blues(pick LA Kings) 2.65 at Gamebookers

Last 6 - Last 3 Home - Last 3 Away
24. (14) St.Louis 6 1 2 3 15 - 17 4
17. (14) St.Louis 3 1 1 1 6 - 6 3
25. (14) St.Louis 3 0 1 2 9 - 11 1

7. (13) Los_Angeles 6 4 0 2 14 - 12 8
12. (13) Los_Angeles 3 2 0 1 6 - 5 4
8. (13) Los_Angeles 3 2 0 1 8 - 7 4

Nov 21, 2002 St.Louis - Los_Angeles 3 - 2 ot
Dec 23, 2002 St.Louis - Los_Angeles 5 - 0
Oct 11, 2001 St.Louis - Los_Angeles 5 - 6

GL

Pitersson
02-12-03, 15:36
(...) So many boyzz take so early picks...
easy exp; GALATASARAY WIN is taken :evil: That was my pick !!! Good luck to the guy that took it !!! But will be hard...
(...) 1X is also taken.. What can i take now?
juankaan, you can take asian handicap 0:0 - Galatasaray @ 1.92 in Unibet

zbrochu
02-12-03, 15:39
Arsenal - Wolverhampton 2 5.50 Ladbrokes

Wolves have lately proven that play football they can . Drew with Necastle and Birmingham and won with strong actually Leicester. But it must be said that they have never been the giants and they for sure won't gain a championship trophy. They main aim is avoiding relegation and another cometitions like cups like this one (Carling)

Arsenal is focussed on Champions League and Premiership. They can feel Chelsea and MU by them and must do 100% don't lose the first's positions.
In last cup game they had great problems in beating Rotterham. Just penalties pointed the winner of this clash.

I expect suprise here and I am talking marvelous Ladbrokes offer

strandns
02-12-03, 15:41
Mexico v Saudi Arabia 1 1.75@gamebookers

Mexicans came to this tournament to win it, and became world champions.
They lost their first game against Ivory Coast, and this is a must-win situation for them, as there's no points left to lose.
Saudi Arabia lost their first game, too, against Ireland 1:2, but it was much easier than it seems.

albek
02-12-03, 15:51
My pick for today from Czech Ice Hockey League:

PILSEN - CESKE BUDEJOVICE 20 for 1,8 @TIPSPORT

These are two clubs from Bohemia and both need urgently some points until winter break .. hosts for PO and visitors for leaving relegation place .. bohemia clubs play always for themselves, in order to let moravia clubs to go down in the table .. some "smelling" results so far: SLA-LIT 1:3, LIB-LIT 3:0, KVA-PLZ 3:4p, ... etc. :evil:
I will not be suprised if Budejovice will grab at least one point today ...

yourmood
02-12-03, 15:53
Mexico (U20) - Saudi Arabia (U20)

i will go Saudi win they have a good team U20 and both teams lost there frist game 2-1 but Saudi have a lot of fans this game and i will go Saudi win with 3.85 wish me like guys :)

LaVey
02-12-03, 16:16
NO Hornets v ORL Magic 1 @1.57 Gamebookers

Orlando Magic (1-15) they have a losing streak now at 15 after they lost at home with Toronto. Magic haven't won at home this season. (0-9)
New Orleans (11-6) (5-4) on the road will try to crush poor Magic and
they dropped three of its last five games following a season-high four-game winning streak and has not scored more than 88 points in its last seven games.

Pate
02-12-03, 16:53
hello!
I hope im not too late with this one, but my first bet goes to Finniash sm-liiga and game is Hifk-Kärpät.
My choice is over 5.5 <pre><u>: 2.10 at Centrebet.</u></pre>
<pre>Current Season:
Oct 11, 2003 Kärpät - HIFK 2 - 3

Earlier Seasons:
Oct 3, 2002 HIFK - Kärpät 6 - 5
Nov 19, 2002 Kärpät - HIFK 3 - 2
Jan 7, 2003 HIFK - Kärpät 7 - 1
Feb 20, 2003 Kärpät - HIFK 2 - 5

1. HIFK 26 15 3 1 0 7 78 - 60 37
2. Kärpät 26 11 5 4 0 6 79 - 58 36
</pre>
When these teams meet there can and will happen anything and what´s most important, both of them can score goals. Both teams at decent form and i´m expecting a close match with lot´s of scoring chances. No time to write a novel,,,,:) see ya and good luck!

BEDRI
02-12-03, 17:18
Hi :!:
My pick for today is Real Sociedad-Valencia DRAW 3.10@GB

I really can't see this game finishing in other way.Real is playing weaker than last season,they can't aford to lose this one.But,to other side of court is Valencia,a team which is on first place of primera.But,I think they should be happy with the draw against very good team.

TEIRESIAS
02-12-03, 17:19
Arsenal-Wolves

My pick: 2 Away win

Bookmaker: Will Hill
Odds:5.00

Not many words to say. Arsenal with many players out, a very good oppurtunity for Wolves to qualify. Worth odds/risk.

mj_air
02-12-03, 17:26
Arsenal-Wolves

My pick: 2 Away win

Bookmaker: Will Hill
Odds:5.00

Not many words to say. Arsenal with many players out, a very good oppurtunity for Wolves to qualify. Worth odds/risk.

This pick is already taken by ZBROCHU...

02-12-03, 17:28
Hi!

My pick is:

Varese(-7,5)-Red Star 1,9 CENTREBET

Prediction:1

Read my prediction on main page in eurobaket predictions.

Regards!

Per
02-12-03, 17:34
Wow... and all this on a Tuesday without really interesting games :?: :?:
Yes Weity, this will take forever to write the standings :D

I'm Tahoma's helper here, so I'll comment a few things.
Very fun to see many new faces, looking forward to seeing your picks allthrough the month. And also, all new people to this competition - there are several comments that are way too shorthanded to be considered as valid overall. We will comment these when we update the results and if those of you mentioned does not comply and write a fuller analysis we will not count your winning picks, so don't write one-liners.

Per
02-12-03, 17:49
Ok, my pick for today
Leksand-Färjestad 2 @1,80 with Interwetten.

Färjestad has got what I consider the best squad in Sweden, they're undoubtly the winners of the league this year and they have two straight losses now. "A mental frailty" according to the coach who is going to make some changes in the formations today.
Also important center Nordström comes back here while Leksand still has 3 players missing and on a bad streak with 1 win in 8 games.

Away win in hard contention with another bet, let's hope I picked the right one today.

comanelu
02-12-03, 17:50
I agree with you .
But who decides wich analysis are good or bad?
Maby you should give an example of how a prediction should look like so we can see some good comments.
Let's say i want to make an analise about X Vs. Y but some guy took it before me and wrote one line !
So what should i do ???
Should i post my pick altough it was taken in case his pick it isn't good or should i take another ???
I wait for you to answer me soon!
Thanks.

Koffieboer
02-12-03, 18:26
@comanelu
They'll probably first get a warning for doutful cases. If they continue to write (too) few comments, then the new picks won't be added to the points total. This will mean at the end of the month that the required number of 15 isn't reached and therefore that they will lose every lacking pick. -- If someone took it before you, then you're too late. Maybe his pick won't be counted, but then you have bad luck. Note: there's a difference with completely uncommented picks, those are deleted right away.

Serbian_Ninja
02-12-03, 18:37
Hi people, i wish you very lucky month! (November was tragical to me)

I will start my this month with this pick :
Uleb Cup match : KK ATLAS (Serbia & Montenegro) - ZADAR (Croatia) pick 2; odds:2.0 Centrebet

Atlas is poorest club in this competion,but Zadar is in very good form.Thay won against Red Star in Godyear in very good match and thay are highly motivated when thay played against Serbian&Montenegrian teams.KK Atlas from Belgrede won against Lleida in first leg in this competion and make a big suprise,bu thay dont have any quality for Europian matches.Very poor club,thay travel on thay away matches only with bus(even in Austria).I think Zadar will easily win here, and odds are just to food!!Away win!

Bridges
02-12-03, 18:53
Women's World Championship - Half Time Result - Handicap

NORWAY (-0,5) - UKRAINE (+0,5) 2 @ 3,50 (Centrebet)

Norway is maybe most favorits to to win, but I belive they might be a little to poor in front. Anyway, Norway should win this match but im not so sure they will, Ukraine have a good team and can at its best play equall with Norway if their not at their best, Norway dont use to impress in the first matches in the championchips either and I belive Ukraine can hold the lead to half time. It would not be a supries too me.

scottie
02-12-03, 18:57
Hi there!

Pick #1
Galatasaray V Juventus - Player Score Anytime Hakan Sukur @ 2.75
Bookie: Will Hill (I forgot earlier, sorry)

Lack of games caused that everybody wanted to pick Galata for today`s game. I`ve decided to take different approach. Galata will probably win it beacuse of better motivation. If they want to win it somebody will have to score. The first thouhgt that came to me was HAKAN SUKUR! He is attacker who doesn`t need to run for the ball- "the ball will find him". :wink:
Choosing him as firstgoal scorer is too risky.
Galata lost 3 games but Sukur managed to score in 2 of them (Juve, Sociedad)! Anyway my bet will be victorious (if he scores) no matter the score will be. However I`m favouring Galata. Good Luck!
scottie

Per
02-12-03, 19:08
I agree with you .
But who decides wich analysis are good or bad?

That's easy, I or Tahoma does that when we are doing the scores, that's judgement day. 8) And either one of us or one of the other moderators may write a line in the forum whenever we see a pick that's below par - then it's up to whoever wrote it to add some more comments, before the game starts.

Maby you should give an example of how a prediction should look like so we can see some good comments.

Certainly, have a look at Weity, Serbian Ninja, my picks, Lopez, juankaan, artnow...

Let's say i want to make an analise about X Vs. Y but some guy took it before me and wrote one line !
So what should i do ???
Should i post my pick altough it was taken in case his pick it isn't good or should i take another ???
I wait for you to answer me soon!
Thanks.

Then it's like Koffie says, bad luck but nothing much to do about.. it will happen especially if we stay on with 50+ contestants.

IMO the picks so far that fail the info criterion are: TEIRESIAS, BEDRI, yourmood, CAPITAN, Ygramul, johnco, djroof, silja

Picks who cut it close are:strandns, Catastrophe

djroof and johnco are certain examples of how not to write a decent analysis.

dgk
02-12-03, 19:17
BKV Joventut +3.5@1.90 Centrebet

ULEB-cup

Simply a much more even game then they have chossen to do it.

Locals and illegals around 2.00 for su-win.
Gamebookers got 2.00 for su-win.

Given a bit less chance but 3 pts hcp is nice.

Satyr
02-12-03, 19:17
Greetings.
After a disastrous november for me, I will try to redeem.
First of all, I wish GOOD LUCK to all the participants.

My pick of the day is::>>>

:arrow: Toronto Maple Leafs - New York Rangers........1(2.00 @ Centrebet)
my analysis is available at::>
:arrow: http://www.nhlpunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=173

GL. :P

Wootty
02-12-03, 19:21
Real Sociedad V Valencia - 2.60 Valencia Win

Both good teams but the form is the major difference here. Valencia on a high after a good run and are top of the league. Sociedad who expected much this season are lruking too close to relegation. Valencia sho0uld win here and the odds are just too high. Valencia have the great advantage as they are attacking minded and there form this year has led them all to believe they can regain the title once again. The odds asre TOO Good for me to resist.

Axl
02-12-03, 19:31
Real Sociedad V Valencia - 2.60 Valencia Win

Both good teams but the form is the major difference here. Valencia on a high after a good run and are top of the league. Sociedad who expected much this season are lruking too close to relegation. Valencia sho0uld win here and the odds are just too high. Valencia have the great advantage as they are attacking minded and there form this year has led them all to believe they can regain the title once again. The odds asre TOO Good for me to resist.

this pick is already taken by Catastrophe... by the way, u need to state your bookmaker :wink:

Dic3
02-12-03, 19:33
My pick for today is

2.20 ANA Mighty Ducks v CBS Blue Jackets 0:0.5 1.71 2

The latest results for both teams are:

28 Nov 03 CHI Blackhawks v ANA Mighty Ducks 3:4
22 Nov 03 NAS Predators v ANA Mighty Ducks 4:3
19 Nov 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v COL Avalanche 1:2
17 Nov 03 STL Blues v ANA Mighty Ducks 3:4
13 Nov 03 TOR Maple Leafs v ANA Mighty Ducks 1:5
10 Nov 03 PHX Coyotes v ANA Mighty Ducks 1:2
09 Nov 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v PHX Coyotes 3:4
05 Nov 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v STL Blues 1:2
03 Nov 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v CHI Blackhawks 1:3
30 Oct 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v WAS Capitals 4:2
29 Oct 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v NY Rangers 3:1
25 Oct 03 BUF Sabres v ANA Mighty Ducks 5:2
23 Oct 03 PHI Flyers v ANA Mighty Ducks 3:4
20 Oct 03 BOS Bruins v ANA Mighty Ducks 4:3
10 Oct 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v NAS Predators 1:3
09 Oct 03 ANA Mighty Ducks v DAL Stars 1:4

As you can see Anaheim is not too good at home and probably won't be here either!

Now let's see Blue Jacks:

30 Nov 03 WAS Capitals v CBS Blue Jackets 5:3
27 Nov 03 CBS Blue Jackets v NAS Predators 2:4
23 Nov 03 NY Islanders v CBS Blue Jackets 1:2
20 Nov 03 CBS Blue Jackets v DET Red Wings 1:5
14 Nov 03 CBS Blue Jackets v OTW Senators 2:5
09 Nov 03 CGR Flames v CBS Blue Jackets 3:4
08 Nov 03 ATL Thrashers v CBS Blue Jackets 2:4
31 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v EDM Oilers 3:4
29 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v VAN Canucks 3:6
26 Oct 03 DAL Stars v CBS Blue Jackets 3:2
23 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v DET Red Wings 1:4
19 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v NAS Predators 2:3
17 Oct 03 CHI Blackhawks v CBS Blue Jackets 1:2
14 Oct 03 VAN Canucks v CBS Blue Jackets 2:3
10 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v ATL Thrashers 1:2
05 Oct 03 CBS Blue Jackets v BUF Sabres 1:4

As we look at the jackets results they didn't do too good either that's why i think giving Blue Jackets a 0.5 handicap is the best choice!

Cheers!

[/u]

payoutwindow.com
02-12-03, 19:44
Arsenal - Wolves Half-time/Full-Time = 1/1 @2.40 BETINTERNET

I dont like cup games especially this cup, as for some premiership teams it is not that important, but today sould be different for Arsenal, and all because of the 0 - 0 draw, at home to Fulham on the weekend.

The Gunners faithful will not tolerate another failure and pyschologically its crucial for Arsenal to win and win convincingly.

Arsenal should comeout all guns blazing, and its should be all over by the end of the first-half and their main iam will be to prove that they can score goals, and there should be no shortage of goals in this match, epecially from Arsenal.

juankaan
02-12-03, 19:45
(...) So many boyzz take so early picks...
(...) 1X is also taken.. What can i take now?
juankaan, you can take asian handicap 0:0 - Galatasaray @ 1.92 in Unibet

Thank you PITERSSON ;
I could take this pick.... But this means taht i need the HOMEWIN.. So when i lay on HOMEWIN , won't i cover the X for the comp..

I take HT / FT HOME/HOME !!!!

Analysis;

JUVENTUS will play for just one point. And they will be with a team like the team against siena in the cup match...

This JUVE is still a team but sure is that JUVE will not be motivated like HALF OF GALATASARAY PLAYERS !!!

The only advantage for JUVE is that they lost to INTER at home , but sure is that if they lose this match and win their next league match in ROME against SS LAZIO , will noone critcize them.. But if they win today and lose against LAZIO than will we very stone change his place in Torino...

That's great chance for GALATASARAY;

And Galatasaray manager Fatih Terim made a perfect press conferance.
I'm sure that GALATASARAY is highly motivated after this words...

Add on that TURKISH teams play better in such terrorism attacks.. And also in such unfair decisions by UEFA or any other organisation...

Galatasaray will play llike the match against MALATYASPOR !!! But you can be sure that this time they will play for 90 minutes !!! Not only 45 minutes and end with a DRAW after a 2-0 lead !!!

My Pick;

I take the HT/FT HOME/HOME .
Oh the odds @5.00 !!! @gamebookers... (I hate the rules :wink: )

Ok ok... I don't take any POD for today..
I'm enough on 1X and (0:0) HOME for my real bets...

I won't take the same bet for the comp !!

Let's kick emm all !!!

Redhotwax
02-12-03, 20:00
Hope I'm still in time with my pick for today!

I'm on Wolves today, as I think they'll be a lot hungrier than Arsenal. The odds are crazy too.. Ladbrokes offer 5.50! I'll give that a try!

Arsenal - Wolves 2 @ 5.50 Ladbrokes

:arrow: Dear readers, this is a typical example of a pick that won't be allowed. First of all, for the competition you can only get a maximum number of 275 points. Does this poster know that? I doubt it. Of course, picking higher odds is allowed, but it makes your chances smaller. In this case, the pick will be disallowed because the comment is too short, and doesn't say anything at all. Indeed, valuebets are difficult to find for this competition. New competitors, please read the rules carefully! Remember that we are looking for 'your best pick of the day'! Tell us why! Convince us. Don't send in, because you couldn't find anything else, but because you have a good felling about the bet. Thanks for your attention. Kfb

Mistro
02-12-03, 20:00
Albion v Stirling 2 1.70 GB

Stirling(11-2-1) are classes better than Albion Rovers(5-1-8).
Albion also lost last 4 from 6. For this game they will be without first and second coach (suspended) :roll:
Stirling coach said they are again going for the win couse they want to get away from 2nd place position as soon as possible.So first team will be on.
They have one or two injury problems but not a big deal.
First coach is suspended couse he was beein very rude to female ref in the last cup game and he resigned today! :oops:
With the bad form and without coach and first assistant i don`t think they have a chance. Odds are BIG if you look at situation.

Mistro
02-12-03, 20:04
Can i pls ask if my pick can count..couse i tried before to post it but i just couldnt log in..finnaly i made it and i see its only 30min to the game..sorry again :oops:

Macak
02-12-03, 20:12
I be late for today comp. can I come tomorow and put my pick?
I have one pick from last competition and that will be Southempton - Portsmouth 1 2.15 @ now is no way booker and we see that I was first

Wootty
02-12-03, 20:28
Sorry about my last bet... Couldn't see it... Well here it goes again...

Northwhich V Burton

Burton are flying highg asnd there form has improved dramaticvally this year. Northwhich on the other hand are slumping and are srtaring rlelgation straight in the face and they are already worrying about the consequences of going down. Burton have the mortivation and the morales here and htis should be a key factor in this game, where the odds are very good for Burton to win it!

Burton @ WillHill @ 2.25

varganya
02-12-03, 21:16
i think this is great having so many picks on a poor tuesday because this is good source of ideas...

if anyone got interested with one game still can discuss in the right forums or go and do research ...

yeah go for 100 post a day :wink:

02-12-03, 21:48
MONEY TALKS

CG
02-12-03, 22:01
NBA PHILADELPHIA v Toronto 1.40 @ Pinnacle

Toronto Raptors have newbie Jalen Rose hoping to spark a struggling offense as they visit the Philadelphia. Toronto acquired Rose, Lonny Baxter and Donyell Marshall from the Chicago Bulls for Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams and Chris Jefferies on Saturday. Even though Rose has struggled this season with the Bulls, he has averaged more than 20 points per game three times in his career. Rose, who was scoring just 13.3 points a game this season, averaged 22.1 points last season. Toronto hopes Rose can take some of the scoring burden off Vince Carter, who is leading the team with 22.8 points a game. Toronto has yet to reach 90 points in regulation this season, was held below 70 points for the fifth time this season in Saturday's 78-66 loss to Miami. Carter had just 13 points in 26 minutes after get injured in the third quarter. He was hurt when his feet got tangled and tumbled behind the basket after losing his balance. Carter left the game with 9:08 left in the third quarter and Toronto trailing 43-30. X-rays were negative, and Carter returned with 5:10 left in the fourth quarter and the Raptors trailing 66-56. The Raptors also hope that Rose can contain Philadelphia guard Allen Iverson.

Philadelphia are coming off a 98-86 victory over Atlanta on Saturday as Iverson had 50 points. That effort came a night after Iverson had a season-low 12 points in a loss to Indiana. Iverson, who was weakened by the flu in the loss, had 13 points in the first quarter against Atlanta. He was also clutch down the stretch, scoring 14 straight points. Iverson made two free throws with 1:06 remaining to reach the 50-point mark. Kenny Thomas had 13 rebounds and reserve John Salmons added 13 points for Philadelphia. (c/w Yahoo.com)

There is a chance that Torontos new starters could do the trick for them like their old players did last night for Chicago. However, this is there 4th consecutive away game and I just dont see them getting anything from this game at all.

Brent
02-12-03, 22:12
NCAA College Basketball

North Carolina State/Michigan over 132.5 at 1.92 (Pinnacle)

Michigan plans to play an up tempo game as they have a deep bench with plenty of scorers.States bench is weak and they will depend on their starters for most of the points.Michigan will use a full court press defense to wear down State which has five freshman on the team.Look for Michigan to score most of their points with their forwards while State will look to their guards for scoring.

GoDizzGo
03-12-03, 01:05
My pick...Cleveland+7

Cleveland lost their home opener to Denver. Cleveland has lost their last 6 straight, and Denver has won 5 of their last 6. They'll put forth more effort tonight against a Western Conference team that they can beat.

varganya
03-12-03, 01:09
Damn I lost a Saints H/ Sunderland h/Valencia D combo :(
and just realised here
i did not mention the bookmaker /Willhill/ for the exact score 2 -odds 3.5 pick *(as for the rules it did not say you have to as `only` 15 bookies to chose from :D )

:cry: :cry:

Bridges
03-12-03, 06:38
Unoffical list after first day:

Varganya 250
Bridges 250
Diadem 230
volkov 225
The Gravedigger 200
BEDRI 200
mudkicker 175
Scottie 175
Addict 160
payoutwindow.com 140
Pinto02 125
Luckyjammygit 125
Wotty 125
Norel_invest 115
Dickcat 115
Vahid-WENGER 110
Sidenet 110
Beezeri 110
Croatia 385 100
StorhamarSatyr 100
Jimbo1981 95
takoz 95
artnow 94
Dragon 92,5
Weity 90
fafko 90
djroof 78
Guderian 75
Moneymaker 75
Rok 72
Dic3 71
Silja 60
Lavay 57
Alexander HRH 45
teo81 35
Tahoma -100
Danielcz -100
Augenius -100
Drazil -100
dado -100
Casabel -100
Sporesson -100
Walden -100
Calvin -100
Valdor -100
løffe -100
pitersson -100
howie_z -100
mj_air -100
Catastrophe -100
dj_roof -100
comanelu -100
Larsen -100
CAPTAIN -100
zbrochu -100
Strandns -100
yourmood -100
Per -100
juankaan -100
Computer Guy -100

--------------------------------------------
Diddent find result on bets from...
-------------------------------------------
zik013
johnco
yagramul
albek
pate
Serbian_Ninja
dgk
John

Usal
03-12-03, 07:55
check the official results on the link bridges,
a sweet underdog pick ;)
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2003/1787/mds.pdf

Pate
03-12-03, 14:50
pate

Sm-Liiga (http://www.sm-liiga.fi/default.asp?cmd=1)

Serbian_Ninja
03-12-03, 16:30
Unoffical list after first day:

Serbian_Ninja

Atlas vs. Zadar 72-91 FT
My pick was 2!

www.ulebcup.com