PDA

View Full Version : England - League Two, 26.09.2006.

vlatkos
25-09-06, 19:13
Start @ 20.45

Bury v Accrington Stanley 2.25 3.10 2.80
Grimsby v Hartlepool 2.20 3.20 2.80
M K Dons v Torquay 1.70 3.20 4.50
Macclesfield v Chester 2.40 3.10 2.60
Mansfield v Darlington 2.37 3.10 2.62
Notts County v Stockport 1.72 3.25 4.20
Peterborough v Barnet 1.80 3.30 3.75
Shrewsbury v Walsall 2.50 3.10 2.50
Wycombe v Swindon 2.25 3.10 2.80

Odds from WilliamHill.

dan_27
26-09-06, 10:53
Hello,
from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/5373562.stm

Notts County v Stockport
Notts County boss Steve Thompson relies on a squad which is close to full strength as he seeks to extend a five-match unbeaten run.
Tommy Hannigan remains the sole entry on the casualty list as the he has yet to recover from a back injury.

Stockport manager Jim Gannon is unlikely to risk Tes Bramble in case he aggravates his ankle problem.

James Spencer (hip) and defenders Michael Raynes (exhaustion) and Michael Rose (broken toe) definitely miss out.

It's time for Notts to win
You'll never walk alone!

anotha mug
26-09-06, 11:37
I'd warn against milton keynes dons at home as torquay have a good record away, and milton keynes dons stuttered badly against chester, it might look a home banker but is far from it.
Notts county appealed to me as well as they're playing some good stuff, wallsall away to shrewsbury might also be good, the shrews might be riding high in the league but they're strength tends to be away from home and wallsall are the class act. Lincoln with their great away record away to a boston side who have internal disputes is the bet of the week, that's the wednesday game.

eidur_22
26-09-06, 11:45
Darlington available at 2.27 level ball (pinnacle) appealed to me. I don't understand those odds to be honest. Yes, Mansfield were unlucky last week, but with the manager coming out and publicly criticising his side and given Darlington's squad strength, I don't understand the odds at all. Morale would presumably be low after dropping points in the last minutes. Mansfield have lost 3 of their last 5, while Darlington are undefeated over this period. The staff at Darlington realize that they aren't upto their potential yet, and I would have priced this game fairly evenly. Value to be had on Darlington, and I've taken them with a standard bet.

gvozd
26-09-06, 13:58
I'd warn against milton keynes dons at home as torquay have a good record away, and milton keynes dons stuttered badly against chester, it might look a home banker but is far from it.
Notts county appealed to me as well as they're playing some good stuff, wallsall away to shrewsbury might also be good, the shrews might be riding high in the league but they're strength tends to be away from home and wallsall are the class act. Lincoln with their great away record away to a boston side who have internal disputes is the bet of the week, that's the wednesday game.
Could you explain what is going on with Boston, thanks.

anotha mug
26-09-06, 17:50
you could be right on that one eidur I've made my picks for tonight but that was one I was certainly thinking about.
In terms of boston manager follow this link for the story
http://bostonunited.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1581&p=2&stid=8424340

It's about a course that lets just say the current chiarman was less than happy to have his manager involved in, doubled with results on the pitch and defeat against high flying local rivals lincoln could spell the end for evans.

eidur_22
26-09-06, 23:56
mansfield kept their first clean sheet against one of the most attacking sides in the league. full points to them and to the manager who demanded more and got it from the players. still, i'm willing to take lost bets like this one. i still believe there was value to be had on it.

I'm sure the Notts County win made a few people happy. Cheers.

zzax
27-09-06, 14:23
Bristol Rovers 4/10 @ 2.20 interwetten

Fancy Bristol to win tonight as they have been underachieving big time this season and defienetely have the squad to be in the first half of the table. Their current position is totally unacceptible for anyone related to this club and the pressure is rising day by day. On paper they look good, especially upfront where they have Walker, Lambert and young Haldane, but exactly the attack is their weakest part these days. This will change. Both Lambert and Walker surely know how to bang goals and its about time they start doing so. The oposition couldnt be better IMO as Hereford despite being a tough team to beat are still struggling to adapt to this level and judging by the match reports so far they arent playing good. Not the best travellers either so Rovers really should show smtg different tonight, especially in attack. Walker and Lambert should start upfront and believe me this is a good pair. Scored 20+ goals each last season and I believe they will find their form soon, hopefully tonight.

Will not risk much as this game will tell whether Rovers will bounce back in the league or not and will invest only 4 units, taking advantage of the good odds, formed only because of the poor start Bristol is having. 8)

anotha mug
27-09-06, 14:38
would warn against bristol rovers they're struggling badly and rochdale won three nil at the weekend, they seem to be getting themselves together a little and I can't see any potential in this. goodluck with it though.

Charon4
27-09-06, 14:42
What about Boston v Lincoln?
Boston played 10 games, 7 points placed 23rd
at home 2w 0d 3l 6goals scored 7goals conceded

Lincoln played 10 games, 23 points placed 2nd
away 5w 0d 0l 12 goals scored 5 conceded.

Looks like a pretty clear away win. Or am I missing something? :)

zzax
27-09-06, 14:53
would warn against bristol rovers they're struggling badly and rochdale won three nil at the weekend, they seem to be getting themselves together a little and I can't see any potential in this. goodluck with it though.

mate, theyre playing Hereford, not Dale :roll:

Pater
27-09-06, 20:38
Anyone info about boston vs lincoln?

eidur_22
27-09-06, 21:40
lincoln should win it - form and everything is in their favor. boston fans booed the team and manager off the pitch in the last game and the manager has a lot of pressure on him. i would advise reasonably low stakes, though - it is a derby and anything can happen in derby's - form goes right out of the window, as they say.

anotha mug
28-09-06, 00:11
sorry zzax just noticed that mixup, not sure how that ever got into my head. Bout sums up the betting week I've had, can't even find the right teams playing each other.
Hope it worked for you :D

Paradygmat
29-09-06, 12:52
Darlington-Grimsby 1.80 3.30 3.82

Darlington's record signing Julian Joachim has been ruled out for a month after suffering a hamstring strain.

Alun Armstrong or Martin Smith will fill in while Patrick Collins and Clark Keltie could return from injury.

Grimsby are set to stick with the same line-up that lost 4-1 at home to Hartlepool on Tuesday.

On-loan striker Tony Thorpe is still lacking match fitness but will keep his place because Isaiah Rankin, Gary Cohen and Michael Reddy remain injured.

anotha mug
29-09-06, 17:00
darlington are a bit hit and missy but should have enough to come through at home to grimsby who are shipping in goals and have had two defeats this week. The blow to joachim is a loss though and will effect darlington, i'd take small stakes on the home win, if any bet at all.