23 Sep 15:00 Woking v Rushden & Diamonds 6/5 12/5 15/8
23 Sep 15:00 York City v Southport 8/13 5/2 4/1

Odds from Bet365

AMP
21-09-06, 05:04
Gravesend & Northfleet to beat St Albans @ 2.75 William Hills

Match-up:

http://www.nonleaguegambler.com/matchup.php?FixtureID=595

From the match-up you can see that St Albans have suffered 6 defeats from their last 8 games. Conversely Gravesend have been unbeaten for the last 7 matches. They’ve drawn their last 3 away, with the two at Rushden and Halifax being very good results.

True Rushden had a man sent off but a Gravesend fan has this to say about their performance:

“We had a goal dissallowed, hit the bar twice (Danny Slatter and Ross Smith), had one cleared off the line and made the goalkeeper make a fine stop, the ball just would not go in for us in the first half when if you look at things we could have been (I'm not joking) 5-0 up.”

And a Rushden point of view:

“Poor first half, better second against what I think was the best side I have seen this year. Got out of jail a few times and should have been 3 down at half time.”

It’s slightly worrying that Fleet picked up some injuries during the game, most notably to their centre-backs. However, St Alban’s poor run of form has coincided with them having a bit of an “injury” crisis at the moment. Gravesend’s squad should be able to cope that little bit better than the newly promoted part-timers.

The Gravesend pairing of attacking midfielder De Bolla and striker Macdonald have scored 5 times and 7 times respectively so they're bang in form at the moment.

I’d be interested in this fixture at 6/4 so at 13/8 I’m going to invest in it for two points.

AMP

AMP
21-09-06, 17:50
Rushden and Diamonds to beat Woking @ 3.0 (Various)

Match-Up:

http://www.nonleaguegambler.com/matc...?FixtureID=598

This is a pure odds play from me. I can’t work out how Rushden are this big for this game.

Recently I tipped Woking to beat Altrincham and through the wonders of internet radio I listened to the live commentary. Altrincham took an early two goal league, but unfortunately for them they didn’t have the depth nor discipline to hold out. After Woking got a foot-hold back into the game there was only going to be one winner.

Contrast that to Woking’s recent home game with York. Another team who dominated Woking from the off but this time York were good enough to hold off the home onslaught and take a good 2-1 win.

So the question is are Rushden good enough? Providing they keep 11 men on the pitch I believe they are. Their last two games have seen a player sent off in each. What interested (and also despaired I have to admit) is that after the early dismissal of Tom Shaw at Stafford they didn’t revert to men behind the ball and tried to keep their attacking shape. Again, after loosing Rankine in the second half they still had chances to win the game.

This won’t be an easy game for Rushden as when they’re on their game at home Woking sound a dangerous side. The fact remains however that they mirror their opponents in terms of points won but Rushden have conceded just 8 goals (despite playing near enough a whole game now with 10 men) and Woking have conceded 14.

I’d though anything around 2.5 is a fair price for Rushden, maybe 2.62. 3.0 is too high and as it is speculative I’ll be happy with a point on them. I did get matched for a tiny amount on Betfair earlier for 3.2 so I will be watching that market too and may add a little to the stake if I can.

AMP

ratko3
23-09-06, 01:43
Morecambe is very good at home for years.

This year 1/2/2. Very very bad.

Should I bet on them??????????????

Help please. 8O

anotha mug
23-09-06, 10:57
I've found morecambe a bit and hit and missy this season to be honest with you,they should beat kiddminister but not great odds for a side who only drew at home with tamworth recently.
The others look possible but no real must have bets, Northwich might spring a shock at burton but I don't think i'll be bitting at three to one.

AMP
25-09-06, 12:56
Well, Rushden let me down yet again but Gravesend did the business at a great price :)