PDA

View Full Version : Scottish 2nd division 03/09/06

milners
02-09-06, 23:44
For some reason division 1,2,3 has gone - i posted this earlier on the main page but i've put it on Scottish Premier bit!!! - Helps if i put in the right date though lol.

Scottish 2nd Division
3rd September 2006

1st - Greenock Morton Played 4 Won 3 Drawn 1 Lost 0 = 9pts

Vs

8th Alloa Played 4 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 2 = 4pts

Morton has been playing some fine football of late, beating a lot of teams and scoring goals for fun. They are a team I think will go up this season after quite a few seasons of disappointments. I do feel they have the strongest team in the league though. Last season if there wasnt play-offs then Morton would have went up as they had much more points than Peterhead yet lost to them in the play-offs which is a bit unfair I suppose but great for us people that like a bet.

Alloa last season had a fantastic great escape catching Dumbarton and staying up in the play-offs. Maitland has done a fantastic job there although I feel it could be a bit of a battle this season to stay up. They lost Stevenson to Morton this season and he was one of the main reasons why they did well and I believe he is doing very well at Morton.

Now to stats and Morton home form this season is 1-1-0 and Alloa away stats is 1-0-1. Head to heads at Morton is 5-5-0 and home and away its 7-3-0.

Team news from the bbc is Morton manager Jim McInally will be hoping loan star Paul McGowan can once again shake off his hamstring trouble. David Macgregor has been ruled out for at least six weeks with a torn muscle. Kieran McAnespie and Fraser Forrest are both back in contention for Alloa. But manager Allan Maitland is still without David McClude, Michael Stuart and Ross Clark.

The reason Im going with Morton is I think they are a much better team than Alloa and fully expect them to win this game. I also think that Alloa had a tough game in midweek against Ross County which went into extra time and they lost in the last minute so they might be a bit tired. So Im going to go with Morton at 1.45 at 8pts.

Good Luck
Milners

Pick: Morton, Odds: 1.45, Stake: 8, Bookmaker: Expekt

milners
02-09-06, 23:46
Scottish 2nd Division
03/09/06

Stranraer 5th Played 4 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 2 = 4pts

Vs

Brechin 3rd Played 4 Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1 = 7pts

Stranraer got relegated from the 1st division last season and then changed manager and taken on Gerry Britton who last season was playing for Brechin so he should know how Brechin play. Stranraer I think might struggle this season to get into the play-offs especially with the likes of Morton, Cowdenbeath and Peterhead who might be better than them but its still early days.

Brechin is one of these yo-yo teams between the 1st division and 2nd division and in recent games they have played some good football with an excellent win at Cowdenbeath and also local rivals Forfar.

Now to form and Stranraer has only played 1 game on they lost that to Morton. Brechin away form is 1-1-0. Head to Heads at Stranraer ground in the league is 4-1-5 and home and away its 3-2-5.

Team news from the BBC is New Stranraer signing Scott Black could make his debut in goal against Brechin. Player-manager Gerry Britton may place himself in contention for selection on this occasion. Kevin Byers could return to the Brechin squad for the journey south. But Scott Walker, Stuart Ferguson, Steven Ferguson and Craig McEwan are all missing through injury.

The reason Im going with Brechin is I think they are better than Stranraer and although its a tough game for Brechin I think the price for them is a bit too high so going with value at 2.88 and a medium bet of 5pts.

Good Luck
Milners

Pick: Brechin, Odds: 2.75, Stake: 5, Bookmaker: Ladbrokes

milners
02-09-06, 23:47
Scottish 2nd Division (got the wrong division!!! I'm doing well am i)
03/09/06

Cowdenbeath 2nd Played 4 Won 3 drawn 0 Lost 1 = 9pts

Vs

Peterhead 10th Played 4 Won 0 drawn 2 Lost 2 = 2pts

Cowdenbeath have started very well in this league and look like they will give Morton a run for their money scoring goals for fun playing very attacking football. Mixu has done a fantastic job there getting them promoted and now flying high in the 2nd division.

Peterhead start to the season has surprise many people as they was expected to challenge Morton for the league and instead they are bottom but I do expect them to start picking up as I think they have a decent squad.

Now to Stats and Cowdenbeath home stats is 1-0-1 and Peterhead away stat is 0-1-0. Head to heads at cowdenbeath is 3-0-2 and home and away its 1-1-3.

Team news from the BBC is Cowdenbeath could be without injured pair Laurie Ellis and Pat Scullion. Meanwhile David Hay and Dougie Hill will certainly not feature. Peterhead centre-half Craig Tully had knee surgery on Friday, while Keith Gibson and Martin Bavidge are injured. New signing Steve McInally is set to go straight in to the team at right-back.

The reason Im picking Peterhead is if this was the first game of the season then I would have expected Peterhead to be favorites but saying that they have been poor this season but I still think they have enough quality in there side and its worth a small outside bet as Cowdenbeath play open football and I feel if Peterhead manage to keep it tight they will have a chance with the quality in their team

Good Luck
Milners

Pick: Peterhead, Odds: 5.30, Stake: 2, Bookmaker: Expekt